Catherine 'Classic' is now available on PC, remake still a PS4 exclusive.. for now

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (23836 posts) -

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/10/catherine-is-now-available-on-pc

Is this a sign that more Atlus games are on their way? *cough* Persona. I thought Hermits (does anyone use this term anymore?) don't like Japanese games. I guess we'll see.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (51999 posts) -

Hermits don't like Japanese games? There's been a huge influx of Japanese games due to demand. Anyway, no remake for the PC is kinda lame. Might wait and see.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#3 Posted by KBFloYd (21475 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Hermits don't like Japanese games? There's been a huge influx of Japanese games due to demand. Anyway, no remake for the PC is kinda lame. Might wait and see.

he is just upset his shitstation lost more value.

dont mind him.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#4 Posted by ProtossRushX (5160 posts) -

awwww shit PC gets ghetto trash version again

Avatar image for jasonofa36
#5 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1156 posts) -

More games wouldn't hurt, I guess. Not my cup of tea, but definitely a game for others. I might pick it up, though. Money may be used to port Persona to PC anyway. :P

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#6 Edited by KBFloYd (21475 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

awwww shit PC gets ghetto trash version again

not really, if it runs at true 4k60 high settings.

should look even better than the remake on ps4 lol

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#7 Posted by DocSanchez (5124 posts) -

Probably pick this up in the sale down the line then. Never played this one, and as they have remastered it yet are selling it for £15, I find this very reasonable. That's what reasonable companies do. Like when Sega rereleased Vanquish on steam, they didn't charge you full price for it, it was an old game it was £15.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#8 Posted by KBFloYd (21475 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

Probably pick this up in the sale down the line then. Never played this one, and as they have remastered it yet are selling it for £15, I find this very reasonable. That's what reasonable companies do. Like when Sega rereleased Vanquish on steam, they didn't charge you full price for it, it was an old game it was £15.

must suck to be broke.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#9 Edited by SolidGame_basic (23836 posts) -

@DocSanchez: yes, unlike Nintendo who charges $50 for Wii U ports

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#10 Edited by DocSanchez (5124 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@DocSanchez said:

Probably pick this up in the sale down the line then. Never played this one, and as they have remastered it yet are selling it for £15, I find this very reasonable. That's what reasonable companies do. Like when Sega rereleased Vanquish on steam, they didn't charge you full price for it, it was an old game it was £15.

must suck to be broke.

If I was that broke I'd own a Nintendo console, because I'd save a lot of money not buying games.

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#11 Posted by DocSanchez (5124 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

@DocSanchez: yes, unlike Nintendo who charges $50 for Wii U ports

I'd forgot about that. Yeah scandalous!

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#12 Edited by KBFloYd (21475 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:
@KBFloYd said:
@DocSanchez said:

Probably pick this up in the sale down the line then. Never played this one, and as they have remastered it yet are selling it for £15, I find this very reasonable. That's what reasonable companies do. Like when Sega rereleased Vanquish on steam, they didn't charge you full price for it, it was an old game it was £15.

must suck to be broke.

If I was that broke I'd own a Nintendo console, because I'd save a lot of money not buying games.

really? the opposite of your first statement. So i guess 60$ for the remaster is just fine. no issue. in the end its actually cheaper!

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#13 Posted by DocSanchez (5124 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@DocSanchez said:
@KBFloYd said:
@DocSanchez said:

Probably pick this up in the sale down the line then. Never played this one, and as they have remastered it yet are selling it for £15, I find this very reasonable. That's what reasonable companies do. Like when Sega rereleased Vanquish on steam, they didn't charge you full price for it, it was an old game it was £15.

must suck to be broke.

If I was that broke I'd own a Nintendo console, because I'd save a lot of money not buying games.

really? the opposite of your first statement. So i guess 60$ for the remaster is just fine. no issue. in the end its actually cheaper!

Doesnt make any sense whatsoever. You've completely lost it now.

Avatar image for Planeforger
#14 Posted by Planeforger (17953 posts) -

Man, Atlus has been making a lot of weird choices lately.

They haven't jumped on board the Switch train, despite their extensive 3DS support, and they seem to prioritise PS4 exclusivity over getting huge sales on other platforms.

It's almost like they hate money.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#15 Posted by sakaiXx (5071 posts) -

Atlus is on thin line, between SEGA multiplatform policy and trying to be friends with Sony/Nintendo.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#16 Edited by lamprey263 (35880 posts) -

Obviously going for that "not on Xbox" money. PS4/PC multiplats is as good as an exclusive to Sony fanboys, except when it's the other way around doesn't count. Anyhow, best this way, if they released it on Switch at same time then fewer would even bother.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
#17 Posted by deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8 (75 posts) -

@DocSanchez: ouch

Avatar image for sakaixx
#18 Edited by sakaiXx (5071 posts) -

Atlus is under SEGA now. Unlike in previous company where Atlus operates like a separate entity, now they need to contribute more for SEGA. Hope SMT ps2 games is headed to PC/Consoles. Those ps2 gems like the excellent Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and Raidou Kuzunoha is peak of quirky jrpg goodness. Much better than their later releases on handhelds and should not be buried.

Avatar image for gameofthering
#19 Posted by gameofthering (11244 posts) -

Is this game any good?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#20 Posted by I_P_Daily (10713 posts) -

This is a shit thread shittier than the OP's other threads and that's saying something lol.

Avatar image for davillain-
#21 Posted by DaVillain- (34925 posts) -

Already play this on PS3 years ago but I wouldn't mind double-dip though only because I find Catherine an interesting game. Funny thing is, I never got around doing a second play as to what really happens if I cheated my GF over Catherine? This I gotta see and do now.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#22 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (28313 posts) -

Cult classic. Killer Seven is now on pc as well.

Eat up, masterace.

Avatar image for jaydan
#23 Posted by jaydan (1976 posts) -

Catherine was a very interesting game I played back when it originally came out. I think for anyone that hasn't played it, you should give it a try if you want a puzzle adventure type of game.

Avatar image for davillain-
#24 Posted by DaVillain- (34925 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Cult classic. Killer Seven is now on pc as well.

Eat up, masterace.

Why thanks for sharing my console gaming friend :)