Capcom tease RE3

#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

Yes, it will happen. Moving on.

Resident Evil 3 is being teased by Capcom

The Resident Evil 2 remake came out in January and it’s one of the best games of the year, so it’s natural that fans are hoping that other games in the series will get the full remake treatment – most notably the final game on the series on PlayStation 1, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. While there’s no official confirmation as of yet that a Resident Evil 3 remake is in development, Capcom seems to be teasing something RE3-related on its social media channels.

Both teases appeared on Capcom’s Facebook and Twitter feeds earlier this week, and were posted within a day of each other. The first post shows an image of Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil 1 remake, and the second post contains a screenshot from the Resident Evil 2 remake thatmany players theorize is a reference to Resident Evil 3’s antagonist Nemesis.

With Resident Evil 2 only being released 3 months ago it’s certainly too soon for Capcom to be revealing a remake of the sequel, but as the RE2 remake has sold exceptionally well it seems likely that the publisher would be considering a Resident Evil 3 remake.

Both of the teases appeared earlier this week. The first is a screenshot from the Resident Evil 1 remake, showing Jill Valentine – who is the main player character in Resident Evil 3. The comment with the tweet, “ever feel like somebody’s watching you…?” has been suggested as referencing the way Nemesis is constantly watching and hunting Jill in the sequel.

View image on TwitterThis was followed by a second tweet with an image from in the Resident Evil 2 remake – and notice how the remakes arrived in order. This image shows a massive hole in the wall, located in the shower room of the RPD building, that looks like something has broken through it. As Mr X had not yet been dropped on to the station at that point, many fans have suggested that this may be a reference to Nemesis – as Resident Evil 3 partly takes place before 2, and the giant creature pursues Jill and the other S.T.A.R.S. team members around the RPD. It may not be a coincidence that the hole leads to the S.T.A.R.S. office – which was also referenced in the tweet directly prior to thesetwo.https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1118167165725741057While these teases could be a reference to something Resident Evil 3-related brewing at Capcom, at the moment however, the only way to experience the game is through mods for Resident Evil 2. Grab the fixed-camera perspective mod, get Claire Redfield in Jill’s RE3 costume, and turn Mr X into Nemesis – and you’ll be sure to have a good time. If you survive

#2 Posted by Fedor (4876 posts) -

Hope it gets revealed at e3.

#3 Edited by Archangel3371 (27879 posts) -

Having played and enjoyed the excellent Resident Evil 2 Remake I eagerly await a Resident Evil 3 Remake.

#4 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

5 bucks say it will be RE2 remake featuring jill. waste of time.

we should have gotten RE7 inspired RE8 but not.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#5 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (28994 posts) -

They're extrapolating a lot from two images but sure, a threemake would be cool.

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

Part of RE3 takes place in the police station, so it will undoubtedly be reusing assets.

The rest of the game takes place in the streets.

#7 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Part of RE3 takes place in the police station, so it will undoubtedly be reusing assets.

which will be glorified expansion pack.

RE2 just released and they are rushing RE3 remake. using same assets and copying and pasting.

#8 Posted by VFighter (4882 posts) -

Keep them coming Capcom!!!

#9 Edited by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

RE2 just released and they are rushing RE3 remake. using same assets and copying and pasting.

#10 Posted by enzyme36 (4181 posts) -

I feel like the nemesis mechanic was taken for Mr. X. I wonder how they will make Nemesis feel different.... well besides him chucking missiles at you

#11 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Using new engine that is id tech 7, release after 3 years, using new location that is earth, having more open environment as oppose to close arena lockdown, new mechanics that is grappling a demon.

next?

#12 Edited by DaVillain- (36410 posts) -

But I wanted Dino Crisis remake :(

Capcom, you had one JOB!!!

#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Using new engine that is id tech 7, release after 3 years, using new location that is earth, having more open environment as oppose to close arena lockdown, new mechanics that is grappling a demon.

next?

A truly wonderful expansion my freind.

#14 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

certainly like Half life 2.

#15 Posted by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Doom

Doom Eternal

Absolutely incredibles.

#16 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Doom

Doom Eternal

Absolutely incredibles.

one is hell, other is hell on earth. or what else Doom Eternal should look like?

Expecting RE3 remake to be like RE2, reusing same asset just like it used before.

#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Doom

Doom Eternal

Absolutely incredibles.

one is hell, other is hell on earth. or what else Doom Eternal should look like?

Expecting RE3 remake to be like RE2, reusing same asset just like it used before.

Those a pre-rendered backgrounds with different assets my beloved.

Drawings, essentially.

#18 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Drawings, essentially.

id software has been better developer than capcom always.

Doom eternal using different asset and different engine. RE3 will use same asset that use in RE7.

capcoms incredibly overrated my friend. id software saved gaming in 1993. now they are saving gaming again.

#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Drawings, essentially.

Doom eternal using different asset and different engine. RE3 will use same asset that use in RE7.

capcoms incredibly overrated my friend. id software saved gaming in 1993. now they are saving gaming again.

Sadly id fell from grace sometimes back. Rage was the point the world turned it's head in in muted shame, still respectful of everything they contributed, but taken aback at the sheer mediocrity on display.

Disgust my friend, disgust.

-

Between Devil May Fry 5, Resident Evil 2, MonsterHunter, Megyman 11 and Street Fighter V, Capcom are no less a developer than a gawd.

Incredible.

#20 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Drawings, essentially.

Sadly id fell from grace sometimes back. Rage was the point the world turned it's head in in muted shame, still respectful of everything they contributed, but taken aback at the sheer mediocrity on display.

Disgust my friend, disgust.

-

Between Devil May Fry 5, Resident Evil 2, MonsterHunter, Megyman 11 and Street Fighter V, Capcom are no less a developer than a gawd.

Incredible.

id only fall was Rage 1 which outsource this ip to just cause developer.

Doom 2016 was perfect comeback for id. even more so than crapcom.

Doom Eternal looks like best thing ever created.

id falling was so 2011. Doom 2016 surpised everyone who were curious. but its been 3 years since then and Doom Eternal feel like big deal now.

Loading Video...

#21 Posted by LuxuryHeart (1035 posts) -
@davillain- said:

Their job is to recycle the same games over and over again. It's hilarious how Nintendo gets made fun of for making Mario 500, when Capcom is doing the equivalent of releasing Super Mario 64 HD Remake and then following that with a Super Mario Sunshine HD Remake.

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Drawings, essentially.

B-b-but, what about the Monste Hunter World where they basically rip off Western open world games?! Such a revolutionary title! What about the Resident Evil 7 HD Remake that they're making 5 years from now after they do RE3, RE4, RE5, and RE6 a year apart from each other?!

#22 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@luxuryheart said:
@davillain- said:

Their job is to recycle the same games over and over again. It's hilarious how Nintendo gets made fun of for making Mario 500, when Capcom is doing the equivalent of releasing Super Mario 64 HD Remake and then following that with a Super Mario Sunshine HD Remake.

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Drawings, essentially.

B-b-but, what about the Monste Hunter World where they basically rip off Western open world games?! Such a revolutionary title! What about the Resident Evil 7 HD Remake that they're making 5 years from now after they do RE3, RE4, RE5, and RE6 a year apart from each other?!

RE7 is only truly great game capcom has ever made. everything else have been hit and miss. apart from old street fighter 2 but its been long time.

#23 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1466 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I've been saying, if people want a Dino Crisis remake, they should try to do it themselves and wait for Capcom to DMCA the project and make their own when they notice all the attention it's getting. That is how RE2 came to be. I also want a Dino Crisis remake.

#24 Posted by VFighter (4882 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Lol, you truly have the most shit opinions I've ever seen. RE7 is the only great game Capcom ever made, are you high right now? And is software saved gaming Bwahahaha.

Capcom put out more hits during the 8 bit era then Id software will EVER put out. Then you've got true classics like SF2, Final Fight, Reident Evil 2 (both original and remake). DMC series, Monster Hunter, Mega Man, etc etc etc. Pull your head out of your butt already.

#25 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: Lol, you truly have the most shit opinions I've ever seen. RE7 is the only great game Capcom ever made, are you high right now? And is software saved gaming Bwahahaha.

RE7 was first great game in RE series. they took mediocre overrated series and made a truely great game out of it. and then go back to mediocre tier ones RE2 remake/RE3 remake etc.

Capcom put out more hits during the 8 bit era then Id software will EVER put out. Then you've got true classics like SF2, Final Fight, Reident Evil 2 (both original and remake). DMC series, Monster Hunter, Mega Man, etc etc etc. Pull your head out of your butt already.

when capcom was in 8 bit. original Doom released and change the shape of gaming forever and thus saved the gaming. 8 bit era is long gone. i liked street fighter 2 but now i dont care about it today

#26 Posted by lamprey263 (36106 posts) -

I would definitely play, but I am not expecting this to release in a timely manner.

#27 Posted by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

RE7 was first great game in RE series. they took mediocre overrated series and made a truely great game out of it. and then go back to mediocre tier ones RE2 remake/RE3 remake etc.

when capcom was in 8 bit. original Doom released and change the shape of gaming forever and thus saved the gaming. 8 bit era is long gone. i liked street fighter 2 but now i dont care about it today

But Street Fighter II was bigger than Doom and had a better movie.

#28 Edited by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

RE7 was first great game in RE series.

That's categorically untrue... It isn't even the highest rated game in the series.

On-topic: Fucking gimme an RE3 remake.

#29 Posted by dagubot (1300 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Loving the clapbacks at Ghosts...lmfao.

#30 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

main protagonist of street fighter is ryu, but in movie its guile played by jean claud van dam and having short hairs while ryu played a side character. its disgusting.

#31 Posted by VFighter (4882 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Do you ever proofread what you write and just think to yourself "this is really dumb maybe I shouldnt post it". If you don't you really should.

#32 Edited by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

main protagonist of street fighter is ryu, but in movie its guile played by jean claud van dam and having short hairs while ryu played a side character. its disgusting.

It's an unfortunate truth that most of mainstream cinema is American propaganda with largely accepted racism.

Ryu is Japanese, (Japan being the enemy in WW2) which is a big no-no. Even E.Honda is Samoan. as opposed to a Japanese man. They just assume because they both look sort-of asain people will be too dumb to notice, like someone Japan was short on sumo-wrestlers, it's national sport.

I was of course, referring to the animated movie. Which also serves to sell the game, but actually does the material justice.

Loading Video...