Capcom releasing Lost Planet on the PS3 shows they have lost faith in Sony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts

I truly feel bad for Cows.

First, Capcom starts delaying games on the PS3.

Then games start going multiplat (Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4).

Then games get outright canned on the PS3. Capcom decides to make Monster Hunter 3 exclusive to the Wii. While most people here don't really care about Monster Hunter 3, Japanese gamers sure do. This, along with similar actions from developers like Namco (Ace Combat 6, Beautiful Katamari) only widens the gap between the Wii and PS3, especially in an important region such as Japan.

So what does Capcom leave PS3 owners with? Lost Planet.

The game is going to sell worse than the PS3 version of Oblivion. Who is going to want to play a year old port of a game that wasn't good to begin with? Further, the game is also on the PC. I'm aware Capcom was probably thinking the multiplayer aspect of the game would draw in more PS3 owners but it's just not going to sell well. It's just a complete waste of time and money developing a game not many will buy.

This truly is a sad day for Cows.

On top of all this, the most important holiday season in the PS3's lifetime is a month away and I'm having strong doubts that Sony will even rank second place by the end of this year.

WOWZORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WOWZORS
Member since 2004 • 484 Posts
You cant feel bad for a game being released. Don't like it, Don't buy it.
RedMarzBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RedMarzBoy
Member since 2004 • 1298 Posts
Most Capcom games are multiplat for ps3/xbox360. How many exclusive capcom games are on 360? Capcom is just a multiplat developer and thats good for gamers.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
I dont get it. They are still making those games for the PS3, and Monster Hunter never got me interested . Whats your point?
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts
If they lost faith they wouldn't bring this game or any game to the ps3. Why would they try and make games on a console that woudlnt' sell why don't they not develop on it all together? Because they stillbelieve they could sell games on ps3.
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
I agree it wont sell well, but LP was not a bad game, it is one of those games that when you first starts it feels weird (the whole draining T-energy thing) but then you get used to it and its really fun.
RedMarzBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RedMarzBoy
Member since 2004 • 1298 Posts
I agree it wont sell well, but LP was not a bad game, it is one of those games that when you first starts it feels weird (the whole draining T-energy thing) but then you get used to it and its really fun.albi321
I think it will sell well in Japan. Just like how many Japanese gamers bought Ninja Gaiden when it came to the ps3 because they didnt have an xbox.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 InfinityMugen

If they lost faith they wouldn't bring this game or any game to the ps3. Why would they try and make games on a console that woudlnt' sell why don't they not develop on it all together? Because they stillbelieve they could sell games on ps3. numba1234

QFT

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts

I loved lost planet,cant wait to get it for my ps3.

Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts
You can't blame Capcom for PS3's faults. Last generation Capcom all but ignored Xbox, but now it's PS3 who gets ignored and occasionally handed leftovers.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SergeantSnitch

Instead of releasing IPs exclusively on the PS3, the PS3 is getting 1 year old ports. Is it really that hard to comprehend? Porting Lost Planet to the PS3 with all the code, story, the entire game already in place is much, much cheaper than building a game from scratch on the PS3. Understand? They're simply milking LP for some extra revenue on the PS3 and what better game to do it than a multiplayer game that has the possibility of some quick cash.

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts

Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.DaysAirlines

Just like GHII for your 360? ;)

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
I don't blame them. Most devs are losing money on PS3 games. Porting is a really cheap way to make a game. This is a way for Capcom to get some PS3 games out without going into the red.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Instead of releasing IPs exclusively on the PS3, the PS3 is getting 1 year old ports. Is it really that hard to comprehend? Porting Lost Planet to the PS3 with all the code, story, the entire game already in place is much, much cheaper than building a game from scratch on the PS3. Understand? They're simply milking LP for some extra revenue on the PS3 and what better game to do it than a multiplayer game that has the possibility of some quick cash.

SergeantSnitch

Only a lemming could turn positive news into bad news.

YOU LOST AN EXCLUSIVE. YOU LOST AN EXCLUSIVE. YOU LOST AN EXCLUSIVE.

I thought that was a bad thing. Also, you seem to have no concept of horribly Capcom botches ports, most recently, Lost Planet on the PC, which is almost a non-existent game to me it's so poorly optimized. I mean, you've got to be kidding me if you seriously think this isn't gonna set Capcom back a few mil.

Also, this game is shipping with all the DLC and all the extra content on the Blu Ray disc.

Capcom doesn't have to make an exclusive game for Sony to show their faith in them, they very rarely make exclusive games for anyone. They made an few exclusive IPs on the 360, now one of them is going to the Playstation 3. Why are you cheering again?

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
May the gossip begin. YOu don't know, don't state it as a fact.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BobHipJames

I don't blame them. Most devs are losing money on PS3 games. Porting is a really cheap way to make a game. This is a way for Capcom to get some PS3 games out without going into the red.goblaa

You've got to be kidding me. Sony is giving out free tools+Playstation EDGE. It's getting easier every month. As the first parties discover new methods and opportunities, it's spread to the third party fringe and everyone benefits.

You don't seem to realize what Sony has been offering developers lately. Some of them just don't get it.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaysAirlines

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.ChrisMun

I wanted my friends to see how hard I was rocking.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.DaysAirlines

I wanted my friends to see how hard I was rocking.

Hahahaha. Thanks for your post.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 InfinityMugen

SergeantSnitch

I guess Bully: Scholarship Edition and Guitar Hero II are brand new properties exclusive to Xbox? ;)

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaysAirlines

[QUOTE="goblaa"]I don't blame them. Most devs are losing money on PS3 games. Porting is a really cheap way to make a game. This is a way for Capcom to get some PS3 games out without going into the red.BobHipJames

You've got to be kidding me. Sony is giving out free tools+Playstation EDGE. It's getting easier every month. As the first parties discover new methods and opportunities, it's spread to the third party fringe and everyone benefits.

You don't seem to realize what Sony has been offering developers lately. Some of them just don't get it.

Really? Because the reason why Capcom moved Monster Hunter to the Wii was because of the enormous development costs on the PS3. I should really email Capcom your post in System Wars so they can get a better idea what to do.
butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.ChrisMun

8.7 > 8.9?

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
It's a sad day for cows when lemmings lose an exclusive? Way to spin that one around. Coming really late but prettymuch guarunteed to see all capcom games on PS3 in the future. Dead Rising2 and Lost Planet2 are sure to be multiplat...... only reason the originals were exclusive to begin with was 360 coming out early.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SergeantSnitch
[QUOTE="SergeantSnitch"]

InfinityMugen

I guess Bully: Scholarship Edition and Guitar Hero II are brand new properties exclusive to Xbox? ;)

No, they aren't. I never said they were. Nice try though. ;)
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SergeantSnitch
It's a sad day for cows when lemmings lose an exclusive? Way to spin that one around. Coming really late but prettymuch guarunteed to see all capcom games on PS3 in the future. Dead Rising2 and Lost Planet2 are sure to be multiplat...... only reason the originals were exclusive to begin with was 360 coming out early.Lazy_Boy88

Lost Planet has never been exclusive to begin with. Here on System Wars, there is no such thing as console exclusive. If it appears on another platform (including PC), it isn't exclusive. The difference between PS3 and 360 lost exclusivity is that when Sony loses an exclusive, it is often simultaneously released on the 360 as well (RE5, DMC4, GTA4).
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InfinityMugen
If anything Capcom is just making up for lost time since the PS3 did come out a year later. There recent porting has nothing to do with them losing faith in Sony at all, but I'll leave you to your own conclusions. lol
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SergeantSnitch
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]I don't blame them. Most devs are losing money on PS3 games. Porting is a really cheap way to make a game. This is a way for Capcom to get some PS3 games out without going into the red.DaysAirlines

Really? Because the reason why Capcom moved Monster Hunter to the Wii was because of the enormous development costs on the PS3. I should really email Capcom your post in System Wars so they can get a better idea what to do.

Not to mention the fact that Sony shipped out Playstation EDGE back in March during GDC '07.
trizzle_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trizzle_a
Member since 2007 • 1186 Posts

Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.DaysAirlines

Let me know how VF5 plays on the ol' 360....

volcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 volcus
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
With high development costs and a low installed base of course developers are going to shift development from ps3 and onto other platforms, or be reluctant to make games for ps3 altogether. give it time and that will change.
JunkanooPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JunkanooPunch
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

:lol: @ TC

Way to down play good news for the PS3, seriously is there anything that PS3 bashers won't say or do when good news comes out for the PS3 ? Do you understand what you just did ? Thas like cows saying " OMG I feel so bad for lemmings cause they gonna get to play VF5 its truley a sad day for them :( " :lol:

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.trizzle_a

Better than on PS3, and with some lurverly online.

Thanks for playing.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Newnab

On the actual subject... It's not bad news that PS3 is getting a game or anything but... I think if I was a PS3 fan I'd want more from Capcom. I mean... A Dead Rising 2 announcement and saying it's multiplat would've been Capcom really investing in the PS3, not just throwing an old game on the system years later.

And it's not even the loss of an exclusive. LP has been on PC for ages.

madterps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 madterps
Member since 2003 • 3152 Posts

On the actual subject... It's not bad news that PS3 is getting a game or anything but... I think if I was a PS3 fan I'd want more from Capcom. I mean... A Dead Rising 2 announcement and saying it's multiplat would've been Capcom really investing in the PS3, not just throwing an old game on the system years later.

Newnab

Yet the lemmings still want ports likeVF5. Sounds kind of ironic...

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Newnab
[QUOTE="Newnab"]

madterps

Yet the lemmings still want ports likeVF5. Sounds kind of ironic...

Nothing wrong with ports, especially not if they add significant new stuff like VF5 is.

But for Capcom to say "PS3 fans, you're going to love us again!" and then the thing they do is to bring a year old multiplat to PS3... Just seems dissappointing.

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

[QUOTE="Lazy_Boy88"]It's a sad day for cows when lemmings lose an exclusive? Way to spin that one around. Coming really late but prettymuch guarunteed to see all capcom games on PS3 in the future. Dead Rising2 and Lost Planet2 are sure to be multiplat...... only reason the originals were exclusive to begin with was 360 coming out early.SergeantSnitch

Lost Planet has never been exclusive to begin with. Here on System Wars, there is no such thing as console exclusive. If it appears on another platform (including PC), it isn't exclusive. The difference between PS3 and 360 lost exclusivity is that when Sony loses an exclusive, it is often simultaneously released on the 360 as well (RE5, DMC4, GTA4).

WTF? what rock have you been living under? Console exclusives are basically the only exclusives here. Why do you think lemmings always gloat over Bioshock and Gears of War, or cows cry when they lose their 'exclusive' UT3 to the 360?

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#36 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
Wouldn't any sales of the game bring in more money? I think that's what it's all about. Not "losing faith in Sony."
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#37 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
[QUOTE="trizzle_a"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Dude, it's the PS3 generation. Cows love sloppy seconds.Newnab

Better than on PS3, and with some lurverly online.

Thanks for playing.

Terrible example by the cows yet again.