Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Saucy sauce.

"In addition to focusing on digital, we were able to significantly expand sales in the Asian region in addition to traditional major markets. Utilizing this success experience, we aim to further strengthen digital sales by promoting marketing and promotion that provides information including products more efficiently and more directly to users," Tsujimoto said.

"Also, from the viewpoint of promoting digital strategy, expansion of PC platform spread can not be overlooked. The sales ratio of the PC version in our main title has been improved every year, and we will strive to further expand sales as an important platform."

But then again, they basically said the same thing in 2011. So I guess they had amnesia and then money cured it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Of course it is. PCMR loud and proud. Makin' it rain frames.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

Playing Resident Evil 2 Remake on PC was just the beginning and Capcom did justice with the PC version is proof they are taking it seriously. Hope for the best with Devil May Cry 5 PC version.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

So important that they never gave us a DMC5 demo give me a break.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JasonOfA36

@warmblur: They probably didn't make one so it wouldn't be datamined. Then again, RE2 had one, but it is a remake, so...

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
@warmblur said:

So important that they never gave us a DMC5 demo give me a break.

To be fair you could just buy the game then return it, maybe that is their reasoning. Odd choice not putting it on PC though I will say that.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Capcom PC ports have all been excellent as of late...

RE2 runs amazing and is the pick of the litter

SFV has the smallest input lag of all the platforms... lowest of any online fighting game ever made

RE7 ran good with a ton of customization options and the engine was improved in re2

MHW world got the delayed launch and that stunk, but now that all the connection issues have been addressed it is the best way to play. I played all the MH games and there is nothing like MHW 90+ fps hunts.

RE4HD has this

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

RE2 Looks sick on PC with a Ultrawide screen its my fav looking game

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

I'm enjoying Monster Hunter World. Hopefully they make PC the lead platform for the next one.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JasonOfA36

@enzyme36: I feel like RE2 and RE7 weren't really PC ports. It felt like the game was built from the ground up for PC and then scaled back for consoles. Or maybe it's just the magic of the RE Engine haha

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:

@enzyme36: I feel like RE2 and RE7 weren't really PC ports. It felt like the game was built from the ground up for PC and then scaled back for consoles. Or maybe it's just the magic of the RE Engine haha

I wouldnt doubt that. Staring at all those advanced graphic options had me feeling dumb at times. I just assumed based on the MHW delay, but now it seems like they are taking the platform serious for sure.

RE2 may have the best looking zombies in gaming.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

I think other Japanese companies that publish on PC can learn a lot from Capcom, their work and their engines have been pretty damn great so far.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

So maybe the argument that PC piracy cuts deep into multiplat sales isn't as convincing to publishers as it once was. FWIW, I think the move to basically all digital has changed PC gamers' habits in that respect and it doesn't make any sense to be locking out such a big chunk of sales on principle anymore.

@R4gn4r0k said:

I think other Japanese companies that publish on PC can learn a lot from Capcom, their work and their engines have been pretty damn great so far.

Also, this.^

It's a problem for both sides to work on, though. I don't know how flexible Valve are with their licensing/distribution fees, but I hope they and other store operators are listening to Capcom. There's an under-served market already waiting on PC, so why not seize the opportunity to grow those platforms off its back.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@sancho_panzer: We've seen Japanese devs and publishers heasitant about releasing on PC. But SEGA and Capcom took the forefront and there was a lot of interest for their games in the West.

Steam good a fair share of Japanese games, people in the west loved them. And now we are seeing the rise of Asian gamers on Steam, because of it.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Outside of e Mega Man Capcom's been in sellout mode for a decade... we ll at least from a Japanese POV.

I mean I 'd say they mostly want people on their own consoles... but Capcom doesn't seem to care that much and the PC gamers love it so idk... might be time to let it all go basically.

well except for Mega Man... that is.

The biggest problem is I objectively, and I guess people just don't believe this but haven't enjoyed a major capcom release in awhile... they basically visually appeal but are either

way too hard to o easy just a lot of difficultly spikes and annoyna annoyances... so I'm kinda like er uh... hm.

victordamazio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 victordamazio
Member since 2018 • 16 Posts

People on the internet: "PC is irrelevant, no one cares for PC, PC Gaming is dying"

Capcom, and other multimillionare companies: "Let's release all our games on PC"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Capcom is the only party who was influenced, followed through and benefited pc gaming through the now defunct pc gaming alliance. (trying to keep that piece of shit alive). The rest of them generally done fuckall of use.

The relationship with Steam has been fruitful. And as a admirer it would be Incredibly sad if they betrayth thou for Epics cancerous platform for a pouches of gold dripped in blood.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

sadly thier games suck. well except RE7.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Capcom is the only party who was influenced, followed through and benefited pc gaming through the now defunct pc gaming alliance. (trying to keep that piece of shit alive). The rest of them generally done fuckall of use.

The relationship with Steam has been fruitful. And as a admirer it would be Incredibly sad if they betrayth thou for Epics cancerous platform for a pouches of gold dripped in blood.

Yeah, I didn't make that clear in my post really. If this turns into a war of moneyhatting exclusives, I'm going to ignore whatever store. If it's about lowering prices to the customer by taking a smaller distribution cut, then I might be interested. Games are already expensive enough.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NoodleFighter

@uninspiredcup: Funny how during the PC Gaming Alliance days Epic Games did nothing but bad mouth PC saying it's a dying platform because of piracy and soon all it will be used for is WoW and browser games. Now here we are present day with them trying to overthrow Steam now that they see how profitable PC gaming is.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Win10, Xbox/PC, gaming is by far the most important platform, of course. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@uninspiredcup: Funny how during the PC Gaming Alliance days Epic Games did nothing but bad mouth PC saying it's a dying platform because of piracy and soon all it will be used for is WoW and browser games. Now here we are present day with them trying to overthrow Steam now that they see how profitable PC gaming is.

Ha, that is irony.

All those fuds back in the early 2000 shitting on PC, now it's the most influential platform of this generation originating from user-generated content. Which Valve predicated would be important, Halflife being explicitly built with it in mind.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#23 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

They're just still on high smoking joints rolled from all the dollar bills raining down from their Monster Hunter World PC sales (which is still page 1 of Steam top sellers despite being over 6 months old). Also, it looks like RE2 Remake and DMC5 are selling like hotcakes too.

We'll see how it goes.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NoodleFighter

@uninspiredcup said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Ha, that is irony.

All those fuds back in the early 2000 shitting on PC, now it's the most influential platform of this generation originating from user-generated content. Which Valve predicated would be important, Halflife being explicitly built with it in mind.

They also said that pretty much anyone that knew how to game on a PC would pirate everything. They didn't realize that Arena shooters were simply a dying genre and games such as Counter Strike and TF2 were what was becoming the more popular types on PC along with modern military shooters in general taking over. Instead they blame piracy for declining Unreal Tournament franchise sales even though pirating online multiplayer games is like hot wiring a car with no wheels.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JasonOfA36
@madrocketeer said:

They're just still on high smoking joints rolled from all the dollar bills raining down from their Monster Hunter World PC sales (which is still page 1 of Steam top sellers despite being over 6 months old). Also, it looks like RE2 Remake and DMC5 are selling like hotcakes too.

We'll see how it goes.

If they continue releasing well-optimized PC ports of their games, as well as compelling games in general, it will surely continue.