Capcom announces Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition - also adds Gill to the roster

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

Capcom will release a new version of Street Fighter 5, dubbed the Champion Edition version, on Feb. 14, 2020. That update to the fighting game will include 40 characters, 34 stages, and more than 200 costumes for what Capcom is calling “the most robust version” of Street Fighter 5 yet.

Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition will include all existing content from Street Fighter 5 and Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition, with the exception of the game’s Fighting Chance costumes, brand collaboration costumes, and Capcom Pro Tour downloadable content. Capcom also promises new V-Skills for each character and a balance update with Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition.

Capcom will sell Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition for $29.99, but existing players can upgrade to that version of the game for $24.99. Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition will also include a new fighter, Gill from Street Fighter 3, who’s coming to the game this December.

Not a bad deal. $29.99 if you buy the game, or $24.99 to upgrade. My question is.. is this the final edition?! I've only had the base game this whole time lol. I'm hoping this may be it. What say you, SW? You interested?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

That's a hell of a deal for anybody who doesnt own the game yet!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Wanted Oro.

Burn't out anyways, might dip into this, donno. Wish Capcom would output a brand new fighting game by this point.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Looks great but no Xbox One version makes me sad. 😔

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Meh...

I'll wait for Ultra Super Deluxe Street Fighter 5 Mega Enhanced Tournament Edition.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I'd prefer to get Mortal Kombat 11. Street Fighter whatever is to kiddish for my liking.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uninspiredcup

@brimmul777 said:

I'd prefer to get Mortal Kombat 11. Street Fighter whatever is to kiddish for my liking.

Agreed.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The second v skill thing is absolutely huge. I'm very excited.

Next month can't come soon enough.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

what systems is it for?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VFighter

@WitIsWisdom: To kiddish huh, yeah one of the best fighting games to date is just to kiddish, probably why years after its release it still has a major presence at Evo while MK gets a year or two there and dies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

@vfighter said:

@WitIsWisdom: To kiddish huh, yeah one of the best fighting games to date is just to kiddish, probably why years after its release it still has a major presence at Evo while MK gets a year or two there and dies.

The irony being Mortal Kombat was promoted through what could be perceived as juvenile blood and gore, and Street Fighter II through quality, innovative, genre defining gameplay.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@vfighter said:

I think you quoted the wrong person or didn't pick up the sarcasm in my post which was alluding to going back to earlier titles (most notably 2) that had several sequels with minor changes (not saying this isn't good value for what you get)... either way, quoting me and saying that makes no sense at all. I didn't even insinuate that the game was kiddish... Also, I own the game and bought it when it was brand new if that makes any difference. Not going to jump back in and buy this one as well, but that's irrelevant. I play just about anything, and you wont catch me saying anything is too kiddish... everything has an audience, and I can usually find fun in just about any game I play, even if it's from pure laughs. What you accused me of is about as far from who I am as you can possibly get. I never belittle a game that others like even if I don't like it. I mean I wont make a secret of the fact I just don't see it, but I can still understand why others like what I don't. It's what makes the world turn man.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Under-Night is better.

Hopefully when KoF15 launches next year it will be better too. Not holding my breath for GGPO tho.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

I may get this. I'm glad Gill made it in.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Have they realised their mistake for selling out yet? apparently not as they're still trying to milk the cows and hermits lol.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter

@WitIsWisdom: Sorry, I did quote the a wrong person by accident. Brimmul777 is who I wanted to quote, a post or two down from yours.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter

@i_p_daily: Their only real mistake was releasing the game unfinished to make that years evo tournament.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: Their only real mistake was releasing the game unfinished to make that years evo tournament.

No they said a few times it never met sales targets, but that happens when you take a cashgrab from Sony to keep it off another platform, and chop it up and sell it in "bits"

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@TJDMHEM: PlayStation 4 and PC. It’s a cross-play game too.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@i_p_daily: Actually Street Fighter 5 has sold 3.9 million copies and is currently the 3rd best selling Street Fighter game in history. http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ButDuuude said:

@i_p_daily: Actually Street Fighter 5 has sold 3.9 million copies and is currently the 3rd best selling Street Fighter game in history. http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

The game missed Capcom's initial sales target, sales 12 months after release is good but everyone knows the prices drop and become very cheap.

And with over 100million customers on the PS4 alone without bringing in the amount of people on PC, the sales are shit for such a franchise that most people look fondly upon even me as it was part of my childhood. But they screwed themselves when they took Sony's money and sold it in bits.

Hopefully Capcom AND Sony learn a lesson from this but I doubt it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VFighter

@i_p_daily: It didnt meet early sales expectations because they rushed out the game and it was missing a LOT of key elements, just so it could be in evo that year. It had nothing to do with it being a Sony exclusive. What part of this are you not grasping?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: It didnt meet early sales expectations because they rushed out the game and it was missing a LOT of key elements, just so it could be in evo that year. It had nothing to do with it being a Sony exclusive. What part of this are you not grasping?

What part of restricting its audience harmed its sales are you not getting? You act as if the moneyhatting from Sony had no effect, but being a cow I understand this thinking from you.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VFighter

@i_p_daily: It wasn't moneyhatting, Capcom wasn't going to make a new SF so Sony funded the game, so did you expect Sony was going to fund the game and then release it on their main rivals system? Lol, you sure are clueless about...well...everything.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

Glad I waited this time, I'd have kept buying new versions of another Street Fighter game. I know the fans love this, but I just got tired of this with Street Fighter 4, felt like I allowed myself to get milked with it. I'm buying the final version if there is one and that's it.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts
@vfighter said:

Which does nothing to invalidate brimull's opinion. I grew up playing SF in the late 80's when you could only be Ken or Ryu. Played it through the early 90's when it was Championship edition. Dropped it when Tekken hit the scene. I found Tekken's combos, reversals and arm locking/breaking moves to be breath of fresh air form SF's fireballs, electricity attacks and other nonsense. I too find SF to be a more kiddie/flashy game than say Tekken or DOA. Doesn't mean SF isn't a good game. It's just not to my taste anymore.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#27 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@heathen75: Your opinion is invalidated by the fact SFV is rated T. It's not a game for kids.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 uninspiredcup
@heathen75 said:
@vfighter said:

Which does nothing to invalidate brimull's opinion. I grew up playing SF in the late 80's when you could only be Ken or Ryu. Played it through the early 90's when it was Championship edition. Dropped it when Tekken hit the scene. I found Tekken's combos, reversals and arm locking/breaking moves to be breath of fresh air form SF's fireballs, electricity attacks and other nonsense. I too find SF to be a more kiddie/flashy game than say Tekken or DOA. Doesn't mean SF isn't a good game. It's just not to my taste anymore.

What does this even mean?

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HEATHEN75

@Jag85: I never said it was a game for kids. I said, compared to others like Tekken and DOA, it seems more flashy and kid like to what I prefer. At the end of the day, that is just my opinion.

Teens are just bigger and smellier kids. That's why they can't live on their own and buy alcohol. Ratings are just a suggestion anyway. Probably assigned by a guideline and not by anyone who has actually taken the time to play the game.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HEATHEN75

@uninspiredcup: It means I got tired of fighting games with fireballs (Ken & Ryu), Electric attacks (Blanca) and 20ft arm attacks (Dhalsim) in favor of more realistic fighting games. SF meant Street Fighter.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uninspiredcup

@heathen75 said:

@uninspiredcup: It means I got tired of fighting games with fireballs (Ken & Ryu), Electric attacks (Blanca) and 20ft arm attacks (Dhalsim) in favor of more realistic fighting games. SF meant Street Fighter.

Tekken is a game where a little dinosaur has fart attacks and a kangaroo fights a bear and a man turns into Satan and shoot lazor beams from his mouth.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HEATHEN75

@uninspiredcup: Hell, now that I think about it, I haven't even played Tekken in years. Fart attacking dinosaur? Never saw that one. I never did like the kangaroo, bear or fighting wood guy. I always chose a random fighter but would re-choose if I got one of them.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Looking forward to the nee V-skills... I enjoy trying to guess what each characters will be.

FYI... the new Vskills and the balance patch will be free to anyone who owns the game. will not need to buy these.

But $25 is a good price for all character, stages, costumes since the Arcade edition release.

The only things this will not include are the loot box/ fighting chance costumes and the Capcom Pro Tour content.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter: Got a link for that? I'd like to read it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

What part of restricting its audience harmed its sales are you not getting? You act as if the moneyhatting from Sony had no effect, but being a cow I understand this thinking from you.

How's Killer Instinct going for you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Don't know even though MS gifted me season 1 I still haven't played it and probably never will.

How's Phil's Twitter feed going for you?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin

@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Don't know even though MS gifted me season 1 I still haven't played it and probably never will.

You know I don't mess with Phil's Twitter. If I want to be told lies I'd just listen to you. 😂

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You know I don't mess with Phil's Twitter. If I want to be told lies I'd just listen to you. 😂

Oh we all know you stalk Phil on Twitter, so we all know where the lies come here lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

I have the game, but it sucked when it was new, and I've been thinking many times that maybe I should go back and play it. But everytime I do, when I go to the Steam store page of it or something, I get fucking disgusted, say **** it, and play something else.

Look at that shit. They have ads in the game. They're selling a costume bundle for one character for 15 euros. What in the actual shit is that shit? I'd feel like an idiot if I played that game.

It's weird. The gameplay is good, great even. But it's still a terrible game.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VFighter

@Litchie: You can disable the in game ads, if you turn them on you get extra fight money. Its a non issue really. Also, play the game, earn fight money, and you can buy most (not all) of the costumes, characters and stages. I've played the game since day one and have only bought the seasonal passes (new characters) when they'd go on sale, its not even remotely close to how bad a game like DoA5 and 6 are with their dlc.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I’ll wait for the PS5 enhanced version with a bonus Evil Ken used to tide everyone over until SF6 releases. Not fooling me Capcom.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 uninspiredcup

@vfighter said:

@Litchie: You can disable the in game ads, if you turn them on you get extra fight money. Its a non issue really. Also, play the game, earn fight money, and you can buy most (not all) of the costumes, characters and stages. I've played the game since day one and have only bought the seasonal passes (new characters) when they'd go on sale, its not even remotely close to how bad a game like DoA5 and 6 are with their dlc.

The concept is still very shitty, it effects grind rate and the old saying of "give an inch", and that's how companies typically inflate and get worse, by allowing this crap incrementally to filter through.

Having said that there has been alot of new characters added and a new mechanic since I last played, so I maybe will go in with a fresh start since I never really learned most of them.

Capcom still need to sort out its smurfing problem, all these new players coming in will just get trashed by a massive portion of the game using dummy accounts and give up thanks to assholes purposefully playing well below their actual rank.

MK11 sort of alleviated this problem by showing a players win-rate prior to the match commencing. Something like that would immediately stop most of them dead in their tracks unless they plan on making hundreds of Steam accounts.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WitIsWisdom

@vfighter said:

@WitIsWisdom: Sorry, I did quote the a wrong person by accident. Brimmul777 is who I wanted to quote, a post or two down from yours.

lol... no problem man. I was like.. wait.. what? lol.

Carry on with the chlorophyll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Oh we all know you stalk Phil on Twitter, so we all know where the lies come here lol.

I still remember this...lmao.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@dagubot said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yeah like I said WE ALL KNOW what Benji is like, he thinks we forget lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@i_p_daily said:

@vfighter: Got a link for that? I'd like to read it.

Again you got a quote that SF5 wasn't going to be made without Sony throwing money Capcom's way???

I see you've been and posted back in this thread but not to reply to me with a link, why is that???

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BenjaminBanklin

@dagubot said:

Ah a classic. Nothing gets the bots going like insulting their god. LOL!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@dagubot said:

The best part of that thread is a fellow cow called you an idiot lol, you got nothing going in that thread and got shut down hard LOL. Try and spin that shit another way..

Spin it some more Benji.
Spin it some more Benji.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin

@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The best part of that thread is a fellow cow called you an idiot lol, you got nothing going in that thread and got shut down hard LOL. Try and spin that shit another way..

LOL! "Fellow cow". This from the same guy that butts heads with other Xbox fans on this board who call him the r-word on a regular basis. Every single thing I said in that OP is true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL! "Fellow cow". This from the same guy that butts heads with other Xbox fans on this board who call him the r-word on a regular basis. Every single thing I said in that OP is true.

Spin some more