Cancel your preorder: Thief 4 looks terrible (live stream)

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#102 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@SEANMCAD: The reason people are more conservative about sexual content is because great deal more people will eventually have sex than brutally mutilate another human being. It's a lot easier to explain violence on the television as something that's not in the realm of the consumer's future behavior.

This is very true. Sex is relatable to people. The reason parents freak over their kids seeing sexual content more than violence is because sex is (or will become) a reality in their kids' lives much more likely than extreme violence will. When you think about it, it's not that hard to understand.

As for if this game's gonna suck.....eh, probably. I've kinda resigned myself to it getting really bad scores at this point. But I'm getting it anyway as I'm barely paying for it. I'll enjoy it regardless. And there's always The Darkmod, a free (now) standalone Thief mod based off of the Doom 3 engine. Comes with about 70 maps, good AI, manipulation of all objects in the environment. Pretty much Thief made in a modern-day engine. Anyone with a PC should check it out if this disappoints.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#104 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

I love how the peep holes are so freaking obvious and copy/paste and right in the same location on every wall. Got some pervy masons who built the place :)

Also the looping dialogue was really annoying.

Environment looks dull and bland, opened up later on though (watched another stream). level design is pretty mediocre.