Can you really build a PC for less the £800 that beat a PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

What does it's size or amount of sound it puts out have anything to do with it? You can absolutely build a PC that will stomp on a PS4 for that price. If you really care about how small the thing is or how loud it is, then don't bother PC gaming since your priorities are all types of screwed up.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#102 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

The butthurt console fanboys in this thread make me laugh. Anyway @tdkmillsy , of course an $800 (hell, even lower priced than that..) PC that has a great GPU & CPU combination will run circles around the PS4. Especially since the consoles this gen are pretty much slightly customized/ cheaper PC's that run proprietary OS's built for specific tasks. With a PC, what you put into it = what you get out of it.

Although, the PS4 (as well as the XboxOne) offers an excellent value as far console gaming goes in there own right. Especially if you like their 1st party & exclusive offerings.

Also, PC parts are known to get cheaper faster over time, so upgrading (which is another advantage over consoles) is not nearly as expensive as some of these trolls make it out to be. Don't fall for the misleading myth. PC gaming has come a long way from it's past woes pre-2004. Last gen I was mainly a console gamer; But I recently migrated back to PC gamingthis gen due to the way gaming industry transforming nowadays, and PC seems like it will have a important role. Until now, I haven't gamed on PC since 2004 when I quit the Cyber Athlete League in Jr. High to pursue a Basketball career (Too bad I blew my knee out :P.) But I digress.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Well, the PC I just buit for under 800 pounds is rougly 2.5 times more powerful than a ps4.

and its awesome.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

$1334 would be plenty.

$1249 would be enough for an AMD-spec PC with an FX-8350 (or higher-spec Intel ones, but I like AMD), ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 (I've had the same for over a year now), ASUS R9 290 4Gb, 8gb DDR3, 850w Corsair PSU, Pioneer Blu Ray drive, 1Tb Seagate SATA HDD, case, Windows 7 64-bit (Windows 8.1 is actually sold out).

I chose the R9 290 because that's what I'll be upgrading my video card to shortly unless I see a price drop among its peers.

I could also chop off a further $250 if I was more picky. But....nah. He He. I decided to shop like I would in a supermarket: just grab something and go.

A gauge of video performance:

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

The fact is a PS4 is going to last 6 years, Developers develop the best looking games for consoles and port them most of the time, I mean seriuously some tell me how many games on PC really show better graphics, there aren't that many, without mods.

and if you built a $800 PC would you be able to play games for 6 years at the same level, and you won't need to upgrade?? I mean can you even get 8gb GDDR5 ram I mean if you want to have a VS match between them both you need to at least have that ram in it, I mean DDR3 doesn't compete, plus a PS4 you know every game is at it's highest level and res and frame rate is sort of always will be at it's best, a PC will be able to do most games at a good frame rate but 3years down the line it may struggle.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jun_aka_pekto
@remiks00 said:
Don't fall for the misleading myth. PC gaming has come a long way from it's past woes pre-2004.

The period from late 2001 until around 2007 was characterized by a lot of hardware failures. I strongly believe it was due to the "Capacitor Plague."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

I lost a total of three PC desktop motherboards, one HP laptop motherboard, and one Apple iBook motherboard during that time frame while I've lost none before 2001 and after 2007.

I doubt we'll see anything close now when it comes to failing hardware. So, even "budget" components should be okay.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Evo_nine

@bezza2011 said:

The fact is a PS4 is going to last 6 years, Developers develop the best looking games for consoles and port them most of the time, I mean seriuously some tell me how many games on PC really show better graphics, there aren't that many, without mods.

and if you built a $800 PC would you be able to play games for 6 years at the same level, and you won't need to upgrade?? I mean can you even get 8gb GDDR5 ram I mean if you want to have a VS match between them both you need to at least have that ram in it, I mean DDR3 doesn't compete, plus a PS4 you know every game is at it's highest level and res and frame rate is sort of always will be at it's best, a PC will be able to do most games at a good frame rate but 3years down the line it may struggle.

Ordinarily you would be correct, though this generation both consoles are weak as piss and are already way behind pc's.

Proof would be in a game like bf4 which can only run at 900p on the ps4 while a good gaming pc can easily max out at 1080p.

Consoles still have their place though for games such as halo, destiny etc etc...but if you have a high end gpu, I don't think you will have much trouble outperforming consoles in the future.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#108 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Easily for under 500 but The One on the other hand, to build that cutom sophisticated hardware with top of the tech 3D camera would cost thousands upon thousands and yet you would still need the custom ultra sophisticated software to make it all work :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58925 Posts

Pc gaming is much less about hardware now. Theatrically, you can have a computer barely more powerful than a vita and play all the greats.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 bezza2011

@Evo_nine said:

@bezza2011 said:

Ordinarily you would be correct, though this generation both consoles are weak as piss and are already way behind pc's.

Proof would be in a game like bf4 which can only run at 900p on the ps4 while a good gaming pc can easily max out at 1080p.

Consoles still have their place though for games such as halo, destiny etc etc...but if you have a high end gpu, I don't think you will have much trouble outperforming consoles in the future.

I get what your saying but lets be serious, how many games are actually on PC which are leaps and bounds above consoles, there isn't that many, which uses the power of some peoples systems, the games are on consoles, unless you play RTS, FPS, there isn't really that much else, and as much as steam has great sales on alot of games, alot of other games are higher price, there is such a diverse quality to PC games that there are more bad than good, in my opinion unless you like the games i've pointed out and of course MMOs

Evil_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Evil_Rage
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

I thought I would chime in, I enjoy discussing hardware of our PCs versus the static hardware of the consoles. Since my gaming PC has basically failed and my experience with the RMAs were abysmal as they sent back my parts in worse condition than I shipped to them, I've basically decided its not worth building another rig over 1000 dollars (around £600). I thought I would play the console makers at their own game, pardon the lame pun, as I've done my fair share of research on them and of course I wasn't shocked by their downright criminally low specifications as far as hardware goes. But I've looked around and saw some 500 dollar (Around £300) laptops that are almost the same power as the Xbox One (the only ones around the PS4 level are not really affordable) , barring a few stream processors, but these are old refreshed apus, once amd releases the new a10 apus for laptops and new laptops come out, we might end up being able to buy an affordable laptop that is, for all intents and purposes, a portable gaming PC with power comparable to the Xbox One, and probably more if you upgrade the ram to be bigger capacity or replace the slower ram with faster lower capacity apu friendly ram, replace the HDD with an SSD and get none of the limitations the console imposes but all of the benefits.

Now as far as desktop apu parts are concerned, right now we can get the 7850k with 512 stream processors plus 384 more if you add an r7 250 to make 896 unified which is more than the Xbox One has (which is 768) but does have micro stuttering issues due to the nature of dual graphics solutions. Alternatively, what I would do on a mini itx a88x board is mildly overclock the 7850k to 4ghz and get 8GB or the more expensive 16GB ram at 2400mhz (overclocking it to a safe level, probably 2600-2700 max, to avoid damaging the small board) will also yield performance that is likely to be either on par or better than what the Xbox One has, and closer to what the PS4 is capable of. I would also lock the frame rate to 30fps at 1080p and higher (turn off unnecessary things like for me I no longer use anti-aliasing) and to get locked 60fps I'd run it at 1600x900 or at 1280x720 , just like the consoles, but again, depending on the game, you can play with with graphic options to see what works best for you. I personally can't wait for what AMD has in store for us in 2015 with the new Carrizo apu, if its on par or better than the PS4 (especially considering the customization of better parts like better ram, SSD, and all , what purpose would there be for upgrading after that other than faster framerates and more anti-aliasing and other assorted things I don't buy into the hype anymore as they waited 4 years to let us see what 2009 level cards can do with DX11. Trust me, you can pack A LOT of power into a mini-ITX build for not a lot of money if you get the right parts together.

Discrete parts are already ahead of both consoles. Whether you do an all amd build, go with an intel and nvidia setup, it doesn't matter. Its really not even funny how much more powerful even last years gpus are versus the console apu build. So it all depends on your budget, but really, if the majority of developers aren't going to be bothered to take advantage of expensive hardware that costs tons of money and are vastly superior to what is in the consoles and instead give us the console version on PC with minor tweaks (like the LAST 4 BLOODY YEARS!), I'd personally go for an APU build once Carrizo comes out, especially if its stronger than the 7850k apu that is currently available. I really can't wait for the apu that beats out the PS4, then what justification will there be for upgrading? Developers have not made it clear in my eyes that they plan on building their games to scale from powerful machines to consoles all the way down to laptops. If the best they offer is the console version with tweaks, that's a dealbreaker for me as what excuse is there if the consoles are running PC architecture? Build the game around scaling to the hardware, release the game on all possible platforms, include in that a DRM-Free release on PC (No Origin, No Steam, NOTHING but installation files to install the game) and make ALL of your customers/fellow gamers happy.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#112  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It's certainly possible, but go with what games interest you most. You could have the most powerful rig on the planet, but if you're missing out on the exclusives you want, it won't matter. I upgraded my PC and got a Wii U for this gen. Those two platforms have the games I want, so that's where I go.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts
@bezza2011 said:

Crysis. If a 2007 game looks better than these "best-looking" games now, you've got a problem.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

My laptop has a GTX 660m which has a performance just shy of an HD 5770 and it cost me $799. The GPU of the XB1 is somewhat more powerful, a bit more powerful than my desktop GTX 560 Ti (or maybe just shy of). I honestly doubt there's a $500 laptop that have equivalent GPUs.

@Evil_Rage said:

But I've looked around and saw some 500 dollar (Around £300) laptops that are almost the same power as the Xbox One (the only ones around the PS4 level are not really affordable)

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I hate topics like this, because you can't play playstation exclusives on a PC no matter how good your rig is.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Can easily surpass PS4 for > £800

Here's what I've built for you.

System 1 - 6 core AMD FX CPU, 8Gb RAM, AMD 280x ( Re-branded 7970 ) SSD for Windows, 2TB HDD for storage and a copy of Windows 8.1 64bit - £767.90 delivered

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/almighty151986/price1.png

System 2 - Same as system 1 but minus the SSD drive, different power supply and upgrade to an R290!! - £795.91 delivered

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/almighty151986/Capture1.png

Both options are faster then PS4 and system 2 will flat our destroy everything at 1080p!!

Chrome isn't letting me insert images :S

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@m3dude1: My two year old PC is far more powerful than the PS4. Crying about it won't change that ;)

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: Very true.. We would have a PS4 already, but my son wanted to get an XBox One first for the better launch game lineup, and Titanfall. I'm definitely going to get a PS4 when more good exclusive games hit, though. And, I would definitely rather play Destiny on the PS4 over the XB1. As a PC gamer, resolution and graphics fidelity definitely matter to me in console multiplats...

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@superclocked said:

@m3dude1: My two year old PC is far more powerful than the PS4. Crying about it won't change that ;)

The only one's crying about anything are Windows fanboys. Crying about Crysis, Crytec and Ryse.

Praying for a PC port, waiting for a Steam sale; donating to pipe-dream Kickstarter projects, signing petitions, still living off iPad ports, Facebook games and WoW expansions; replaying Half-life 2 and Morrowind for the 1000th time.

Owning a nerdrig is like having a Yacht with no gas in the tank. You think it's cool because you paid a lot of money for it. Everyone else thinks you're a loser because they can see what you can't see: That that pos is dead in the water and not going anywhere.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#120  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@superclocked said:

The only one's crying about anything are Windows fanboys. Crying about Crysis, Crytec and Ryse.

Praying for a PC port, waiting for a Steam sale; donating to pipe-dream Kickstarter projects, signing petitions, still living off iPad ports, Facebook games and WoW expansions; replaying Half-life 2 and Morrowind for the 1000th time.

Owning a nerdrig is like having a Yacht with no gas in the tank. You think it's cool because you paid a lot of money for it. Everyone else thinks you're a loser because they can see what you can't see: That that pos is dead in the water and not going anywhere.

dude, I have an x360, ps3 and a pc.

The consoles may be good fun, but a lot of games I simply play on the pc because the difference is huge.

Most multiplats are released at the same day on all systems, the consoles may have exclusives but so does the pc. Sony may have a lot more exclusives when it comes to mainstream games but honestly their exlusives are overrated.

The last of us for instance has the AI of an eighties game, i played it for three hours and never went back. The only good exclusives on the consoles to me were fighting games like mortal kombat, fight night champion and a couple of others like dragon's dogma and dark souls (allthough dark souls came later to the pc). On the pc I did have crysis & crysis warhead and now I have dayz.

I'm waiting for gta V , that's true, but since i have a console it's not like I have to wait, I just wait because the graphics on the console are UGLY, same with dark souls II, I'm waiting because I don't want to play em in low res lagfest.

It's sad to say but a 'nerdrig' isn't that expensive and for a lot of games being released the last 3-4 years it's actually kind of needed, the consoles are just too weak to run those games. It's even sadder that those games need like the horsepower of a ps4 to run them at max settings at 1080p and these are previous gen games.

Having said that, the ps4 is so weak that it matches a 650$ system of 5 years ago. My pc is a three year old mid range pc and I did a 100$ investment to update my videocard (i sold my old one) and my system just smokes the ps4. It's only the beginning of this gen and the ps4 already struggles to do 1080p. The consoles may have been very good in 2005/2006 but then sony and ms sold their hardware at a loss to gain ground in the gaming market.

This gen it will be different or it would be that sony & ms still try to stall progress but I doubt it will be successfull. All it needs is a third competitor again and everything will change and nintendo has the means to do that. But even then, the difference with pc hardware is so big that even without a third consolemaker games devs will innovate because pc hardware is so cheap. People want progress when it comes to games, you can only stall them for so long. Heck, game devs even innovated while the consoles had such a strong position previous gen, imagine what will happen now, when the consoles are so weak at release.

A console has it's advantages, but if gaming is something you really like then investing in a pc is good thing. It's not always a good time to do that though especially when strong consoles get released at a sharp price (like with the x360, xbox, ps1 , super nintendo, genesis, nes and sega master system). Then it might be better to wait for hardware price to drop or even another generation (but I doubt that will happen again, this isn't the eighties or nineties anymore lol)

Sadly for the consolite today, the ps4 & x1 are relatively the weakest consoles every released in console history.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@superclocked said:

The consoles may be good fun, but a lot of games I simply play on the pc because the difference is huge.

Most multiplats are released at the same day on all systems, the consoles may have exclusives but so does the pc. Sony may have a lot more exclusives when it comes to mainstream games but honestly their exlusives are overrated.

The last of us for instance has the AI of an eighties game, i played it for three hours and never went back. The only good exclusives on the consoles to me were fighting games like mortal kombat, fight night champion and a couple of others like dragon's dogma and dark souls (allthough dark souls came later to the pc). On the pc I did have crysis & crysis warhead and now I have dayz.

I'm waiting for gta V , that's true, but since i have a console it's not like I have to wait, I just wait because the graphics on the console are UGLY, same with dark souls II, I'm waiting because I don't want to play em in low res lagfest.

It's sad to say but a 'nerdrig' isn't that expensive and for a lot of games being released the last 3-4 years it's actually kind of needed, the consoles are just too weak to run those games. It's even sadder that those games need like the horsepower of a ps4 to run them at max settings at 1080p and these are previous gen games.

Having said that, the ps4 is so weak that it matches a 650$ system of 5 years ago. My pc is a three year old mid range pc and I did a 100$ investment to update my videocard (i sold my old one) and my system just smokes the ps4. It's only the beginning of this gen and the ps4 already struggles to do 1080p. The consoles may have been very good in 2005/2006 but then sony and ms sold their hardware at a loss to gain ground in the gaming market.

This gen it will be different or it would be that sony & ms still try to stall progress but I doubt it will be successfull. All it needs is a third competitor again and everything will change and nintendo has the means to do that. But even then, the difference with pc hardware is so big that even without a third consolemaker games devs will innovate because pc hardware is so cheap. People want progress when it comes to games, you can only stall them for so long. Heck, game devs even innovated while the consoles had such a strong position previous gen, imagine what will happen now, when the consoles are so weak at release.

A console has it's advantages, but if gaming is something you really like then investing in a pc is good thing. It's not always a good time to do that though especially when strong consoles get released at a sharp price (like with the x360, xbox, ps1 , super nintendo, genesis, nes and sega master system). Then it might be better to wait for hardware price to drop or even another generation (but I doubt that will happen again, this isn't the eighties or nineties anymore lol)

Sadly for the consolite today, the ps4 & x1 are relatively the weakest consoles every released in console history.

lmao you rly are an idiot. You are basically saying the ps4 is roughly as powerful as a gts250.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

You'd meet at the VERY FUCKIN LEAST 1200 dollars .

Or 180 dollars (a kindle fire) to match an Xbox One.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 commander

@m3dude1 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@superclocked said:

lmao you rly are an idiot. You are basically saying the ps4 is roughly as powerful as a gts250.

The hd 5870 was released at 379$ and is about the same performance of the gpu in the ps4.

The phenom II x4 945 95 W version costed 165$ at release and is about the same performance as the cpu in the ps4

Add the cost for psu, ram, hdd, mobo & case and it probably cost you about 750-800$. Okay , 5 years ago it may have been 750$. And 4 years ago 650$. Don't forget when you build that system people could have used old dvd drives from other system, old cases, old mouse & keyboard. When you got creative in 2009 you could do it for 650$ but this is all besides the point.

The point is, the ps4 is a weak ass sytem, in terms of gpu power it was high end... 5 years ago and this wasn't even top end, we're not talking sli capacity here but single chips. The cpu is even worse, the phenom II x4 was a mid range cpu.

Apart from the x1 it's the weakest console ever released in console history. What's even worse is that it sells like hotcakes because they don't have any real competition, the x1 could come close to the ps4's performance but ms released the sdk's for the esram a bit too late If it wasn't for the mandatory kinect it could have recovered easier.

I will love the look on people's faces in three years time though , when they see the difference with pc games lol

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@superclocked said:

the x1 could come close to the ps4's performance but ms released the sdk's for the esram a bit too late If it wasn't for the mandatory kinect it could have recovered easier.

lolz here it is right here folks. Remember that 75% of these "Hermits" are stealth Lemmings. He's supposed to be a Hermit yet he's damage controlling for Xbone LMFAO! "but teh sdk and esramz"

And of course you have a PS3 buddy. Yeah I'm sure you could only "endure" 3 hours of the last of us. More like you played for 3 hours at your friends house before he kicked you out lol! Oh and yeah you played dark souls but not demons souls how convenient. Sure bro we believe you.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By commander

@Pray_to_me said:

@evildead6789 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@superclocked said:

the x1 could come close to the ps4's performance but ms released the sdk's for the esram a bit too late If it wasn't for the mandatory kinect it could have recovered easier.

lolz here it is right here folks. Remember that 75% of these "Hermits" are stealth Lemmings. He's supposed to be a Hermit yet he's damage controlling for Xbone LMFAO! "but teh sdk and esramz"

And of course you have a PS3 buddy. Yeah I'm sure you could only "endure" 3 hours of the last of us. More like you played for 3 hours at your friends house before he kicked you out lol! Oh and yeah you played dark souls but not demons souls how convenient. Sure bro we believe you.

Sure and a ps3 is a big money lol.

I don't have an xboxone or ps4, can't see a reason why at this point, they have no games and they're both weaker than my pc. My next purchase is the virtuix omni and a vr headset.

as for stealth lemming, a nice screenie here,

oh and that's a tahiti gpu, the ps4 doesn't come even near that. It has 2,8 tflops, the ps4 has what? oh yeah that's right 1.84 lol.

Not to mention my cpu is double the power. Also this card is made for overclocking, with a slight overclock it easily surpasses 3 tflops. Guess what... it's slightly overclocked

Now you and your crappy ps4 lol

So long Sucker

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@superclocked said:

@ps4hasnogames: Very true.. We would have a PS4 already, but my son wanted to get an XBox One first for the better launch game lineup, and Titanfall. I'm definitely going to get a PS4 when more good exclusive games hit, though. And, I would definitely rather play Destiny on the PS4 over the XB1. As a PC gamer, resolution and graphics fidelity definitely matter to me in console multiplats...

I went for the xbox one at launch for that very reason, for the first couple years at least it looks like xbox one will have better exclusives. I did the same last gen with the 360, bought a ps3 a couple years after launch when it finally started getting some quality exclusives. Plan on buying a ps4 during holiday 2015. Until then the X1 will have me covered.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@superclocked said:

This guy speaks the truth, but too bad there are so many damn butthurt fanboys and trolls that try to deny/derail reason.

murray69murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 murray69murray
Member since 2013 • 127 Posts

Why are peasants under the impression that PS4 runs games at the highest settings?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 bezza2011

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

Crysis. If a 2007 game looks better than these "best-looking" games now, you've got a problem.

One game from 2007, there has been hardly anything else to justify buying a massive gaming rig, to be fair.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

No it cant. The Order will be graphics king this year, and PC cant play it.

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

yes

Avatar image for 777hedonist7666
777Hedonist7666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By 777Hedonist7666
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

One game from 2007, there has been hardly anything else to justify buying a massive gaming rig, to be fair.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Evo_nine

@tyloss said:

You'd meet at the VERY FUCKIN LEAST 1200 dollars .

Or 180 dollars (a kindle fire) to match an Xbox One.

I spent around $1200 aud and I have a pc that is roughly 2.5 times more powerful than a ps4. So im sure you could spend half that and still smash your crappy cheap POS that cant run bf4 at 1080p.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

No it cant. The Order will be graphics king this year, and PC cant play it.

Lawl.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

You cannot build a pc for 800 dollars that bests a ps4.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 bezza2011

@777hedonist7666 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

are they from the game or are they mods, because the car looks amazing but them people look awful, the windmill looks impressive, but still there aren't many games, i mean even fifa is using last gen stuff on PC and ps4 and xbox one are using this ignite, in theory Fifa should be leaps and bounds in front on PC, there needs to be more people designing for pc than consoles, I'm not saying PC isn't the best way to play games if you have the money, but what I'm saying is, there isn't that many games which uses the hardware.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@777hedonist7666 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

are they from the game or are they mods, because the car looks amazing but them people look awful, the windmill looks impressive, but still there aren't many games, i mean even fifa is using last gen stuff on PC and ps4 and xbox one are using this ignite, in theory Fifa should be leaps and bounds in front on PC, there needs to be more people designing for pc than consoles, I'm not saying PC isn't the best way to play games if you have the money, but what I'm saying is, there isn't that many games which uses the hardware.

there are more people that develop games for PC than for consoles

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Heirren said:

You cannot build a pc for 800 dollars that bests a ps4.

lol not sure if serious

You do know the PS4 ISN'T very powerful right? It's more powerful than the XOne but that's not saying much. It still has a weak CPU and an old out dated GPU. Not sure why it would take more than $800 to beat a weak system.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By m3dude1

@bezza2011 said:

@777hedonist7666 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

they are mods for skyrim and gta 4. They are cherry picked screenshots taken from very specific angles and massively downsampled and sharpened in photoshop.. Play the actual games and everything falls apart when you dont have a freecam and photoshop to hide all the rest of the shit looking game. go look at some youtube videos if u dont have the actual game.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@777hedonist7666 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

they are mods for skyrim and gta 4. They are cherry picked screenshots taken from very specific angles and massively downsampled and sharpened in photoshop.. Play the actual games and everything falls apart when you dont have a freecam and photoshop to hide all the rest of the shit looking game. go look at some youtube videos if u dont have the actual game.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 m3dude1

truth hurts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EbZgBXxBd8

video evidence at its best. too bad you cant photoship video ehh?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 clyde46

@m3dude1 said:

truth hurts?

Still looks better than consoles. You mad bro?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

truth hurts?

do you even have a PC?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#144 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Why bother trying to beat the PS4? That's easy!

My suggestion would be, if you can only afford £800 right now, hang off save some more cash and try to get around a grand to 12 hundred quid together and build a proper PC.

@m3dude1 why go to the bother of searching you tube for Skyrim videos, Gamespot have been running the mods program for a good long time now. Cam and Seb demonstrate quite well what the game looks like modded

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By m3dude1

nah they just demonstrate the use of photoshop

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

what?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By m3dude1

unless theres some new method to bi-cubically downsize and sharpen games with photoshop image algorithims in real time? last time i checked custom resolutions in the ctrl panel didnt do that. last time i checked single digit framerates werent playable either.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

what?

just FYI gentlemen

photoshop can be part of the workflow of digital video editing,. so technically, you can 'photoshop video'

in typical CKA fashion, here is the evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnSqLzUzfM#t=27m20s

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 clyde46

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

what?

just FYI gentlemen

photoshop can be part of the workflow of digital video editing,. so technically, you can 'photoshop video'

in typical CKA fashion, here is the evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnSqLzUzfM#t=27m20s

Pwn'd.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By m3dude1

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-PC-128680/Specials/Skyrim-mit-maximaler-Grafik-1100228/

so when you see clowns posting there massively downsized photoshopped images, you have an idea of just what kind of framerates they are "playing" at.