Can Xbox One Really Be This Bad? Yes. And I Know Why.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts
@Couth_ said:

lol at people claiming mac is a cow.The mods here aren't drones. They have opinions.

For some reason though, every time anyone has anything negative to say about the xbox they are labeled a cow, not a sheep or a hermit, not an unbiased poster, always a cow. Anytime someone has something bad to say about the PS4, they are always labeled a lemming. Not a sheep, hermit or manticore, always a lemming.

Automatically assuming another poster is a fanboy only exposes yourself as one

He is a Hermit more than likely, but most Hermits are Cow Whispers here on GSpot. There are a few Hermits that align with Lemmings but most don't.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@highking_kallor: it hasn't didn't you read my post right now all Kinect provides me with is conveniences like auto sign in, scan code for DLC and cards and voice navigation. Kinect has the potential to do something innovative with gaming making the experience deeper. Even the small things like just saying "hut" to snap the ball in madden or getting a technical foul in NBA games for language. You can use the feature or setting or don't it's preference. But it's still neat and takes gaming somewhere else. But yes your right, right now Kinect doesn't bring anything to the table game wise and hopefully that's "yet" and we can see something great.

I am still happy with my purchase and even Kinect cause those conveniences and neat things are really cool and bring extra to the table.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 kuu2

@xxyetixx said:

@highking_kallor: it hasn't didn't you read my post right now all Kinect provides me with is conveniences like auto sign in, scan code for DLC and cards and voice navigation. Kinect has the potential to do something innovative with gaming making the experience deeper. Even the small things like just saying "hut" to snap the ball in madden or getting a technical foul in NBA games for language. You can use the feature or setting or don't it's preference. But it's still neat and takes gaming somewhere else. But yes your right, right now Kinect doesn't bring anything to the table game wise and hopefully that's "yet" and we can see something great.

I am still happy with my purchase and even Kinect cause those conveniences and neat things are really cool and bring extra to the table.

This^^^^

Kinect being bundled with the system has been out for so little time yet we have people who either have not used it, don't connect it, and out right just despise it being the vocal influences. I can tell you this. I don't want a system any longer without the abilities mentioned above and I don't have to wear a headset everytime I want to enter a voice command. My whole family uses voice commands not just me.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By kuu2

@handssss said:
@kuu2 said:

Ok TC, so who is The One made and marketed to?

not TC, but it's fairly obvious.

1. the wii audience that got over the fad and is now obsessed with phone and tablet games.

2. the longtime hardcore fans who will buy whatever they produce no matter what.

Yet TC won't answer since it will show exactly who he is. And, I would argue that The One is for sure a family machine that has core gaming in there as well. Everyone in my family uses The One, spanning ages from 2-40. My 7 and 9 year old are at this moment playing PvZ. While my wife listens to here Xbox Music account, and uses the fitness meter with Kinect. The TC though would like to believe that The One should just be used for gaming.................tisk, tisk. People always seem to show you how narrow minded they think by their opinions and habits.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@xxyetixx said:

This^^^^

Kinect being bundled with the system has been out for so little time yet we have people who either have not used it, don't connect it, and out right just despise it being the vocal influences. I can tell you this. I don't want a system any longer without the abilities mentioned above and I don't have to wear a headset everytime I want to enter a voice command. My whole family uses voice commands not just me.

So why push it so hard if they cannot even come up with a killer app to prove how great it is? At the moment it is just a dumb gimmick. If they had a clue it would have had a great launch line up, I mean MS held back their games for like 3 years and still nothing. Also it is no good for gaming unless it works 100% of the time at this stage it is an expensive waste of energy. It may be utilised in great ways in the future, but somehow I doubt it as we have seen nothing of note for how long now, when it comes to kinnect that is anyway.

Anyway the point of my post was, where is the gaming uses, on you know this GAMES machine?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@magicalclick said:

I doubt cow would make this thread is EyeToy didn't sucked.

I dare you to read that out loud and sound like you're not mentally handicapped.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 kuu2

@highking_kallor: The app that MSoft wanted to launch with the console got pushed (Kinect Rivals). It should be AAe here. I am sure we will see more at e3 as well. No doubt though that MSoft should have launched with a Kinect only game though.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#108 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

For those that have not read this thread let me sum it up:

Kinect sucks

Guy that works for Xbox said people would miss it if they took it out

Nobody but Lems agree

Lems mad, some butthurt.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 xxyetixx

@highking_kallor: I'm not dishing out $400+ for just a gaming machine. This day in age I want more bang for my buck this isn't the gen of SNES or og PS. I want something that gives me that all around entertainment and X1 does that for me. Every one in my family likes something about the X1 whether it's xbox fitness, games, apps like skype or watching Tv, movies, or netflix.

X1 has great games, and does what I want it was an easy choice for me. Different strokes for different folks man that's all.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Heh, I came here to see the Xbox Defense Force attack a moderator for expressing his opinion and this thread delivered.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@musicalmac: It's too bad the XBox One isn't as bad as biased fanboys thing it is. The trolls want it to be bad, but we know it will improve and games will be a lot better then what the launch titles have shown. In the meantime XB1 will continue to sell and sell and sell, no matter what haters think. Same way PS3 sold and sold and sold even though everyone hated it for the 18 months after it launched.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

TLHBO

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Xbox One is awesome and has awesome games...unlike the shitty ps bore which doesn't have anything on the horizon for years to come.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 highking_kallor

@xxyetixx:

Get a lappie then. More power and you know you can do that stuff without having to get behind the paywall. If you prefer inferior specs and extra non gaming rubbish on your GAMES console so be it. There is one born every minute.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 highking_kallor

#@xxyetixx:

Oh and based on that I assume you brought a PS3 last gen then correct? So you could watch movies? Of course.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#116 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@musicalmac: Couldn't disagree more. No matter one's feelings on Kinect, the console is selling, and there are those that love, like, accept Kinect. I like it. Enjoy the Skype, sign in and voice commands. Gaming with family is fun also. You are an intelligent gamer, I'm surprised you'd post your opinion so matter of factly.

Why should they have to accept it? Why should they have to get used to it? People should WANT to buy a product, not get stuck with it and try to justify their purchase. From what i can tell you are really enjoying your Kinect and find that it enhances your console experience. But why should it be forced on people who have no use for it whatsoever? For a lot of gamers the Kinect is just paperweight and it shouldn't be.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

If you are playing on a ps4, you are doing wrong imo. X1 is just an all around better piece of tech for your living room and gaming experience. Sure you have a lot of arcade games on the ps4 but the better games are on X1. To each their own i guess

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 highking_kallor

@YD_11:

Well if you want to run two appliances plus the tv just to watch tv go for it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

To be honest I'd agree with him. I have no intention of using the Kinect for games anytime soon, but it's really starting to grow on me and I love using it to navigate around my Xbox One, it makes it feel futuristic. Sure, I would of thought by releasing a bundle for less without a Kinect would be a good strategy, I feel what he's saying about the Kinect.

Half the goons in here haven't even used it, and those who have probably used it for a few minutes and jumped to conclusions. Once you really sit down with it you begin to appreciate it that much more, just the little things that make navigating the Xbox easier. Didn't think I'd be saying this about the Kinect, but I approve baby.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#120  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: wow. Calling lems butthurt, loving mod because his opinion sides with your non sense hate, telling others they bought garbage despite the fact people have differing tastes. You single handedly, might regress human intelligence to the amoeba.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By cainetao11

@CyberLips: first, I never said anyone HAD to do anything. Second, why should any of us have the right to dictate what anyone else in the world wants to sell? Like the backlash they caught about used games. Everyone wanted the right to sell, lend crap on if need be, what they own. So that right shouldn't apply to companies? Dont buy it is your right. Nothing is forced on you, just dont buy the console. But this is the product that company is offering. In a free market system, they have the right to sell it how they wish to. Four million have bought it so guess its not that big of a problem

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 CyberLips

@blackace said:

@musicalmac: It's too bad the XBox One isn't as bad as biased fanboys thing it is. The trolls want it to be bad, but we know it will improve and games will be a lot better then what the launch titles have shown. In the meantime XB1 will continue to sell and sell and sell, no matter what haters think. Same way PS3 sold and sold and sold even though everyone hated it for the 18 months after it launched.

I don't think you understand what @musicalmac is trying to say. And not everyone who says something negative about the X1 is a Sony fanboy. Maybe if you stopped being so defensive and actually read what others have to say instead of blindly defending a console with the hope that it will improve, then you could have an actual discussion with someone.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 CyberLips

@cainetao11 said:

@CyberLips: first, I never said anyone HAD to do anything. Second, why should any of us have the right to dictate what anyone else in the world wants to sell? Like the backlash they caught about used games. Everyone wanted the right to sell, lend crap on if need be, what they own. So that right shouldn't apply to companies? Dont buy it is your right. Nothing is forced on you, just dont buy the console. But this is the product that company is offering. In a free market system, they have the right to sell it how they wish to. Four million have bought it so guess its not that big of a problem

If people really want the console they are willing buy it with the Kinect because there is simply no alternative. They think they are getting their money's worth but how many of them actually use voice commands or Skype? You find it useful, that's great, but what about the people who don't find it useful but want an X1? The Kinect might have served a purpose with the original policies, but now that the policies have changed i don't see any reason to include it with the X1.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@blackace: What in the actual **** are you blabbering about? Your post literally has NOTHING to do with the OP.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's not the Kinect per se that I dislike about the system, it's the fact that they still can't produce 1080p games. A whole new generation has started and they're still stuck rendering games in 720p most of the time. I'm currently trying to sell a considerable chunk of my gaming hardware (360/ps3) and I'm definitely putting the money towards a PS4. PC gaming has spoiled me to that extent.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#126  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Xbox One sucks, everybody knows that.

no it doesn't suck

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

even gamespot mods, know how terrible the xbone is

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cainetao11

@CyberLips said:

@cainetao11 said:

If people really want the console they are willing buy it with the Kinect because there is simply no alternative. They think they are getting their money's worth but how many of them actually use voice commands or Skype? You find it useful, that's great, but what about the people who don't find it useful but want an X1? The Kinect might have served a purpose with the original policies, but now that the policies have changed i don't see any reason to include it with the X1.

But the thing is, aside from on a few gaming forums, there doesn't seem to be a huge outcry by consumers against Kinect at this point. I see it from teh hardcorz here, but I never hear anyone in a gamestop it when I am there, or any of my friends say it. If there was an overwhelming consumer backlash on it, there would be quite a few stories about it. But there isn't. So as of now, its not that big of a deal. And what about those people who want an X1, but not Kinect? Is it that shocking to discover the world doesn't cater to you? Don't buy it. Or buy the product that's offered. This aint Burger king we're talking about.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By xxyetixx

@highking_kallor: I'm just not a PC gamer even though gaming has become easier on PC to keep up with it just never drew me in I prefer consoles.

And last gen was even way different then this gen. I loved my ps2 and had every intention of getting a PS3 but the $600 price point turned me off. You had blu ray and HD movies competing with each other. I have a huge DVD collection, didn't care to upgrade to either at that time. PS2 was just a gaming console. And in the beginning so were 360 and PS3 then a couple years in the apps hit making more mulitfuctional.

I pretty much caved n got the cheaper out first console.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#130 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@YD_11 said:

If you are playing on a ps4, you are doing wrong imo. X1 is just an all around better piece of tech for your living room and gaming experience. Sure you have a lot of arcade games on the ps4 but the better games are on X1. To each their own i guess

How are you doing wrong? Sony tried the whole all in one media place last gen and it failed them horribly, game consoles are for games, there's so many other alternatives that are much much cheaper than the X1 to make TV a better experience, MS fucked up this gen and they know it, and what games does X1 have that PS4 doesn't Titanfall? Which can also be played on PC or 360? DR3? fact is the whole X1 has better games than the PS4 or PS4 has no games is complete shit, PS4 has just as much even more than the X1, and here's the best part there's still more demand for the PS4 than there is for X1, because no one is falling for the whole kinect/living room experience and the more MS pushes that aspect with Kinect the further behind they will be this gen.

@blackace said:

No wants it to be bad, but the fact is the X1 should've been able to produce 1080p games from the get go, not eventually or in the future, you can't sit there and tell me I paid 500$ for an inferior machine, why should consumers pay the extra 100$ for an inferior machine when the competition is selling 100$ less for a more powerful console. PS3 was hated because Sony wanted to push the whole all-in-one media and the cell was barely developed for which is why 360 was the primary choice last gen, until Sony finally got their shit together fired that idiot Kutagari and brought in people to help dev for the cell, this gen it's different, it's weaker hardware and eSRAM that is holding it back.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

P.R. B.S. aside. MS needs to realize that they themselves have made it so that the XBone no longer "needs" Kinect 2 to function. It's time for them to sell a cheaper SKU minus Kinect 2, and allow those who want an Xbone without Kinect 2 (me) to buy one. While still giving the option to people who want to buy a bundle. Basically the same way they handled it last generation with the 360.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

Good for you. But overall the X1 is lagging behind the PS4. Seems in general it's offering LESS than the competition for more money.....as sales show. Consumers vote with their wallet. If MS wants to continue to push what they want at the expense of consumers then they will continue to lag until they become less relevant.....

I'm only surprised they listened after the E3 debacle...

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By CyberLips

@cainetao11 said:

@CyberLips said:

@cainetao11 said:

But the thing is, aside from on a few gaming forums, there doesn't seem to be a huge outcry by consumers against Kinect at this point. I see it from teh hardcorz here, but I never hear anyone in a gamestop it when I am there, or any of my friends say it. If there was an overwhelming consumer backlash on it, there would be quite a few stories about it. But there isn't. So as of now, its not that big of a deal. And what about those people who want an X1, but not Kinect? Is it that shocking to discover the world doesn't cater to you? Don't buy it. Or buy the product that's offered. This aint Burger king we're talking about.

I'm not saying that the Kinect is horrible, but it doesn't justify the 100 dollar increase in price. It's a non optional device that doesn't cater to everyone. A lot of people love it and a lot have it in their drawer. I understand what MS is trying to do bundling it in every box, they want to provide an experience that is different from the competitor. However, not everyone is using it or cares to use it, so they are left with a paperweight and that whole "experience" that was suppose to make the X1 unique goes out the window.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#134 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@musicalmac: Your opinion and OP probably but answering a question with a question usually means you are afraid to answer.

You're right, usually answering a question with a question means bad things. But in this case, I asked because I wanted to know why you thought my answer would be important. Your question wasn't directly related to the OP.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LJS9502_basic

@blackace said:

You know not everyone who points out the error of MS' ways is a biased fanboy. In fact....only biased fanboys don't see those mistakes. *cough cough*

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 musicalmac  Moderator

@kuu2 said:

You don't even want to talk about the points hence you don't respond to questions about your OP....................please. Your false victim-hood is showing.

I truly do not understand anything in this post. False victim-hood? What does that even mean?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 musicalmac  Moderator

@blackace said:

Yeah, probably.

I never said otherwise, if that's what you were eluding to.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
@Couth_ said:

lol at people claiming mac is a cow.The mods here aren't drones. They have opinions.

For some reason though, every time anyone has anything negative to say about the xbox they are labeled a cow, not a sheep or a hermit, not an unbiased poster, always a cow. Anytime someone has something bad to say about the PS4, they are always labeled a lemming. Not a sheep, hermit or manticore, always a lemming.

Automatically assuming another poster is a fanboy only exposes yourself as one

@LJS9502_basic said:

You know not everyone who points out the error of MS' ways is a biased fanboy. In fact....only biased fanboys don't see those mistakes. *cough cough*

....eeeeeyup.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@xxyetixx said:

This^^^^

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@musicalmac said:

@StormyJoe said:

@musicalmac:

Kinect is useful, I use it all the time to navigate through the XB1's UI, and voice commands in games. And, your blanket attack of the XB1's capabilities amount to something I would hear from a rabid cow, not a moderator.

I fundamentally disagree with every point of the line "If you wonder why the Xbox One can be so bad, can be so under-powered, can be so chained to Kinect, can be so pretentiously priced"

So you don't wish it was more powerful, you like that Kinect is central to the Xbox One experience, and you don't agree that it's too expensive? If that's all true, that's fine and your opinion is your own. It doesn't change my feelings, however.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I never thought I'd see musicalmac called a cow :P

It happened once a couple years ago, too.

@Acez626 said:

Quick question...

How does GS pick their mods? My guess so far is by going to various different cow farms across the country

Attack the point, not the person.

• I like that the Kinect is central to the Xbox One experience. All of my "non-gamer" friends are wowed by the XB1's voice and gesture commands and how it is the central media hub for my living room (actually, my man-cave).
  • I wish both consoles were more powerful, but I don't agree with the forumites in here who claim the difference in performance is significant. We are not talking about PS1 vs PS2 or even Xbox Vs PS2 here.
  • For what you get, and what it does, I do not think it is too expensive. Would I rather pay $399 or $299 for it? Of course, who wouldn't want to pay less for something? Do I think the launch price of $499 is a rip off? No, I do not.

I think the Xbox vs PS2 comparison is actually pretty spot on.

Not at all. The difference between the XB1 and PS4 is resolution and framerates - sometimes. The difference between PS2 and XBox was frame rate, textures, polygons, etc. The XBox was 2-4x more poswerful than the PS2. Best (IMO, most overblown) PS4 advantage estimate is 50%. It's probably closer to 20%-30%. Still, that 0.2X or 0.3X vs 2X or 4X.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 StormyJoe

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: You better tread carefully before your ass gets banned. Don't worry, we won't miss you lol. Also, how does him disliking MS business tactics mean he's a fanboy? They're not listening to the customer and you defend them? MS deserves fanboys like you.

I am not going to kiss a moderators arse. I call it like I see it.

I am not an MS fanboy. Just yesterday, I was talking up Sony's VR. Wouldn't be getting excited for other companies tech, or defend Infamous: SS's review if I were a lemming.

Just because I defend a product (XBox One) from FUD and bullshit does not make me a fanboy - and a majority of what Sony fanboys/cows say in this forum are out-and-out lies.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: You better tread carefully before your ass gets banned. Don't worry, we won't miss you lol. Also, how does him disliking MS business tactics mean he's a fanboy? They're not listening to the customer and you defend them? MS deserves fanboys like you.

I am not an MS fanboy.

lol you always make me laugh when you come with stuff like this.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

lol so many people attacking mod TC and not discussing his points. It's hard accepting the vision of your favourite box, I know :(.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I am not an MS fanboy. Just yesterday, I was talking up Sony's VR. Wouldn't be getting excited for other companies tech, or defend Infamous: SS's review if I were a lemming.

Just because I defend a product (XBox One) from FUD and bullshit does not make me a fanboy - and a majority of what Sony fanboys/cows say in this forum are out-and-out lies.

Who are you trying to kid? I don't usually post in SW but I see your posts and you are pro MS.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By StormyJoe

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I am not an MS fanboy.

lol you always make me laugh when you come with stuff like this.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Who are you trying to kid? I don't usually post in SW but I see your posts and you are pro MS.

I can be pro-MS and not be some blind fanboy. I am pro-tech. I defend the XB1 against false comments, and am pro-Xb1 because I recognize how awesome the voice and gesture commands are (and will be in the future).

So, because I am all excited about Sony's VR, does that me I am now a cow? Should I order some utters?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I can't say I'm a fan of the new direction of Gamespot. First we had the editors trolling with review scores and article titles. A couple of days ago a mod was trolling Cows, trying to get them to raise their hype on Infamous Second Son. And now we have this little thread. We all know game journalist have been under scrutiny for a while but this mod trolling is new. How about you guys moderate the boards and try to cracked down on the trolling instead of adding to it. Do you own an Xbox One or PS4 TC? I'm just curious if your thoughts are based on personal experience or positive and negative media speak.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@GoldenElementXL said:

I can't say I'm a fan of the new direction of Gamespot. First we had the editors trolling with review scores and article titles. A couple of days ago a mod was trolling Cows, trying to get them to raise their hype on Infamous Second Son. And now we have this little thread. We all know game journalist have been under scrutiny for a while but this mod trolling is new. How about you guys moderate the boards and try to cracked down on the trolling instead of adding to it. Do you own an Xbox One or PS4 TC? I'm just curious if your thoughts are based on personal experience or positive and negative media speak.

Musiclmac isn't a troll. Don't be so butt hurt over criticism of your choices. Last two gens I had both MS and Sony consoles. This gen....it's a def long shot for me to get MS'. They have to really impress....and so far they have not. If I want an entertainment system....I can get one for less. I want the games.........

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 musicalmac  Moderator

@GoldenElementXL said:

Attack the point, not the person. It's far more effective to poke holes in an argument than it is to just poke at whoever is making the argument.

(We had to say it again, folks.)

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@shawn30 said:

Come on dude, blatant fanboyism. Its fine if you don't like the games and nothing about Kinect interests you. But outside of the price the One has very good games and more coming. Graphics are good and will improve. The one thing the One needs is a 100-150 price drop. Nothing more. 4 million in 4 months with a hot game just released, constantly updating new features into the OS and finally releasing Kinect centric games like Kinect Sports Rivals and apps like Twitch broadcasting and indie games on the way. The One will be fine going forward. Juts gotta get that price down ASAP.

Not at all, my friend. I truly think both the PS4 and Xbox One are seriously disappointing. The inclusion of baked-in Twitch is excellent and I think that's a really necessary feature at this point.

However, the only thing that makes either of these consoles truly necessary are exclusives that you can't get anywhere else, and they have to be incredibly desirable exclusives.

Neither of the consoles do anything interesting or exciting that we weren't expecting, and more triangles can only add so much to games before the world needs another gaming revolution. Add to that a product manager like the one the Xbox One was burdened with, and you end up with a tepid console.

Kudos for your evaluation of the value of the Xbox One, though. I agree that it needs a serious price drop, and that price should put it below that of the PS4. Nothing is dramatic, nothing is outstanding, nothing is exciting. It's all tepid and predictable.

I was hoping for so much more, and to see a man like this at the helm makes me understand what went wrong.

You shouldn't define and judge the whole generation of a console on it's launch.

Kinect may not fancy you, but it may fancy others. Not everybody has the same interests as you, and you shouldn't assume that everyone does.

Also, what do you expect? Microsoft is marketing the Kinect, you can't have a person working for the company badmouthing it. You want Microsoft to fire the guy, when Microsoft itself wants to sell Kinects?