Can we admit Nintendo is rockin' it right now?

• 55 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can we admit Nintendo is rockin' it right now? (101 votes)

Yes, they're rockin' it. 74%
Nah, not rockin' it. 26%

After yesterday's Nintendo Direct, I'm convinced that the Switch is a gamer's console. Nintendo keeps making all the right moves to make the system the best it could be. Easily one of my favorite consoles ever. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's better than PS4, but it's getting close. You never know what they might do next. Meanwhile we're waiting for Xbox and Playstation to start giving us some big news on their next consoles. But for now, Nintendo is rockin' it. Do you agree, SW?

• 
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#51 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@pmanden said:

I still fail to see the appeal of the Switch, but those sales numbers are impressive and speak for themselves. It is a major comeback from the abysmal WiiU, but man am I tired of Nintendo hardware-wise. How I still wish their next console would just be a regular powerful console without portability, oversized gamepads and what else they throw at us. Ain't gonna happen, I know.

Why have 3 clones of the same system? You already have Xbone and Ps4 for that. Sounds ridiculously boring to have 3 clone systems. I love that at least Nintendo keeps things interesting.

Yeah, I'll never understand people who wants Nintendo to be the same as the others. Diversity is great, not bad. Want a powerful console? Don't buy a Nintendo one? Jeez. Or do people really want to play Mario in 4K that much? I find that hard to believe.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

My resolve's faded.

I bought a year of Nintendo Online for $20 ($17 with accrued tokens applied which I have no idea how I got) last night. Portable SNES greats pushed me over the edge. I'd much rather have owned these games like the VC, but if I can rent their legacy to take wherever I want for $20 annual it's peanuts, and the initial SNES selection is good. There's a few notables missing but they've some time (looking for Super Punch Out, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy). It's also decent emulation, with save states and a rewind feature which are handy. NES titles are a cherry on top.

I refuse to use the rewind feature. Dirty cheating tool. :P

I'd also like to have Chrono Trigger there. I want to give it a new chance as I didn't like it last time, and everyone keeps saying it's the best game ever created by mankind.

Wouldn't mind some Super Castlevania IV, R-Type and Donkey Kong Country games as well..

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2919 Posts

@Litchie: Mario in 4K? Personally, I would choose that over portability.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

@pmanden said:

@Litchie: Mario in 4K? Personally, I would choose that over portability.

Nah man, totally disagree.

But each to their own :)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

@Litchie said:
@MirkoS77 said:

My resolve's faded.

I bought a year of Nintendo Online for $20 ($17 with accrued tokens applied which I have no idea how I got) last night. Portable SNES greats pushed me over the edge. I'd much rather have owned these games like the VC, but if I can rent their legacy to take wherever I want for $20 annual it's peanuts, and the initial SNES selection is good. There's a few notables missing but they've some time (looking for Super Punch Out, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy). It's also decent emulation, with save states and a rewind feature which are handy. NES titles are a cherry on top.

I refuse to use the rewind feature. Dirty cheating tool. :P

I'd also like to have Chrono Trigger there. I want to give it a new chance as I didn't like it last time, and everyone keeps saying it's the best game ever created by mankind.

Wouldn't mind some Super Castlevania IV, R-Type and Donkey Kong Country games as well..

Good choices, I've never finished Chrono Trigger either and God knows I've tried about five times now. I haven't seen much further than past the opening, maybe it takes until later in the game for the time traveling element to elevate it to legendary status. But I lose interest before I reach that point, don't know what I'm missing.

Yea, rewind, mwahaha! It's the only way I can lay out Bald Bull in Punch Out, hehe.