Can the Xbox SAD give MS a shot at winning an NPD again?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#1 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4330 posts) -

Since investing more in hardware than games is the name of the game for the average Xbox console gamer, will the SAD give the Xbox One the same very brief shot in the arm the S did back in the long, long days ago of 2016? Good GOD that was ancient history. I actually hear of some Xbox guys willing to invest in this console even though they already own an S for some dumb reason. Can this gullibility work in MS's favor this May?

C'mon Xbox, break the streak! I mean, this could all change if MS decides to stealth release their new console[s] this year, but they may not do that. We know the discounts can't help it reach the top, so maybe the third revision of the Xbone will be the charm, no?

#2 Edited by I_P_Daily (11371 posts) -

They have a better chance of winning an NPD then you getting MS off the brain lol.

That's the SAD reality of it :)

#3 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (532 posts) -

lol no.

#4 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4330 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

They have a better chance of winning an NPD then you getting MS off the brain lol.

That's the SAD reality of it :)

Loading Video...

#5 Posted by sakaiXx (5294 posts) -

It would be SAD if it doesnt win.

#6 Posted by Pedro (33890 posts) -

Seems like OP isn't aware that NPD is not the trajectory for Xbox and future gaming. SAD.

#7 Posted by I_P_Daily (11371 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: Its ok im sure there will be some negative Xbox news that will come out on Twitter from an Xbox exec any minute now that you can make a thread out of lol.

#8 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4330 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Seems like OP isn't aware that NPD is not the trajectory for Xbox and future gaming. SAD.

Obviously not, because it's not like the market is giving them a choice. But c'mon. Don't you want to take home a W sometime?

@i_p_daily said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Its ok im sure there will be some negative Xbox news that will come out on Twitter from an Xbox exec any minute now that you can make a thread out of lol.

Phil must've put Mike in a headlock because he's not getting emotional and weepy lately... the fanbase provides enough of that already.

#9 Edited by DaVillain- (35969 posts) -

What? LOL no chance in hell.

#10 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

If it is no more than $200 it might have a slim chance but any price higher no chance.

#11 Posted by Pedro (33890 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Obviously not, because it's not like the market is giving them a choice. But c'mon. Don't you want to take home a W sometime?

@i_p_daily said:

Phil must've put Mike in a headlock because he's not getting emotional and weepy lately... the fanbase provides enough of that already.

I don't own the company why the hell do I care for their wins? Oh! I forgot, you take this shit serious.

#12 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4330 posts) -
@Pedro said:

I don't own the company why the hell do I care for their wins? Oh! I forgot, you take this shit serious.

I'm gonna mark this post for prosperity, to see if you never post in a thread were Xbox comes out on top for NPD. You can lie to me, but you can't lie to yourself, Pedro; LOL

#13 Posted by Pedro (33890 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: As I have said, you take this shit too seriously.

#14 Posted by Shewgenja (21200 posts) -

If it doesn't move the needle outside of the US and UK, then it will have no effect on XBoxs long term future.

#15 Posted by Xabiss (2479 posts) -
@Pedro said:

When you have a sad life, this is all you have. So be nice to him.

#16 Posted by Ant_17 (12084 posts) -

I can't take this serious. Win an npd, lol. What's next, be number 1 in Japan? Pfft

#17 Posted by I_P_Daily (11371 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

@i_p_daily said:

Just keep hitting that refresh button Benji somethings sure to pop up lol.

In the meantime you will have to keep putting up dreary shit like this and crying all over it :(

#18 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4330 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

In the meantime you will have to keep putting up dreary shit like this and crying all over it :(

No need to follow the Xbox brass on Twitter, their crying and mewling will spill out to the rest of the internet eventually. And all I'm doing is asking a question. As far as you guys go, you should be cheerleading this, or are you just used to being in the the backseat? Which is perfectly okay. Just thought Xbox would like to try to get one more win before killing the sales of the current console with the announcement of new consoles at E3, since they have to make every E3 about new hardware to get attention now.

#19 Edited by mowgly1 (1208 posts) -

Think that FINALLY MS will win one or two months during holiday cuz they have a marketing deal with Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

#20 Posted by I_P_Daily (11371 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

No need to follow the Xbox brass on Twitter, their crying and mewling will spill out to the rest of the internet eventually. And all I'm doing is asking a question. As far as you guys go, you should be cheerleading this, or are you just used to being in the the backseat? Which is perfectly okay. Just thought Xbox would like to try to get one more win before killing the sales of the current console with the announcement of new consoles at E3, since they have to make every E3 about new hardware to get attention now.

Why would I cheerlead something i'm against? have you not seen other threads on this site, I mean I know you live in your own little world but read some.

I'm against a fully digital console (or any other gaming device) no matter who makes it, sorry I don't fit into whatever stupidity you're trying to portray here.

#21 Posted by SecretPolice (35068 posts) -

SADE, wins on name alone... Such an awesome acronym, :P

#22 Edited by DaVillain- (35969 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

@i_p_daily said:

He forgets Gamers are the real winners.

#23 Posted by robert_sparkes (2905 posts) -

It's possible they win one month and that's the sad reality this generation.

#24 Posted by Evil_Loli (119 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: Don't really care who wins. All you need to know I'm enjoying what Xbox One bring to the gaming table and still having fun with my Xbox One X.

#25 Posted by clone01 (27438 posts) -

sure.

#27 Posted by rzxv04 (537 posts) -

$ 99/129 for blackfriday might do it?

#28 Edited by speedytimsi (925 posts) -

Sure they might sell 3 more units in Japan.

#29 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4330 posts) -
@evil_loli said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Don't really care who wins. All you need to know I'm enjoying what Xbox One bring to the gaming table and still having fun with my Xbox One X.

I guess. Xbox seems more interested in bringing what they have to everyone else's table these days.

@rzxv04 said:

$ 99/129 for blackfriday might do it?

$99?! That would be crazy, but I can't see it happening. Then again, maybe I shouldn't question the desperation of Xbox.

#30 Posted by Howmakewood (5789 posts) -

it might sell few hundred units for some odd reason

#31 Posted by robert_sparkes (2905 posts) -

Only the most die hard Xbox gamer will buy that thing. Especially at that ridiculous price.

#33 Posted by Pedro (33890 posts) -
@robert_sparkes said:

Only the most die hard Xbox gamer will buy that thing. Especially at that ridiculous price.

Why would a person who already own an Xbox buy this?

#34 Edited by robert_sparkes (2905 posts) -

To Inflate numbers there's many of those about this generation.

#35 Edited by Pedro (33890 posts) -
@robert_sparkes said:

To Inflate numbers there's many of those about this generation.

To inflate numbers that aren't revealed. LMAO

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#36 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12720 posts) -

No one is gonna buy it except for people who want to make videos about it on YT, etc

#37 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

It's kind of a bad idea honestly. I'm not sure why anyone would buy this.

I wish I could add more but I'm really drawing a blank here.

#38 Posted by WhatAFailure (306 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@Pedro said:

The guy you're responding to has 33,526 posts on a video game message board tho

#39 Edited by WhatAFailure (306 posts) -

Apparently you can still get the regular Xbox One S for cheaper. So this "$50 savings" for the Xbox SAD edition isn't even worth it.

What's the point of this console if it's meant to be cheaper, but is actually more expensive and not gaining you much? Consumers actually lose out because they have to pay more for something removed!

MS management brain not so work good.

#40 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4330 posts) -
@whatafailure said:
@Xabiss said:
@Pedro said:

The guy you're responding to has 33,526 posts on a video game message board tho

The Xbox dudes have zero sense of hypocrisy on this board. Pointing this out to them falls on deaf ears.

#41 Posted by Subspecies (284 posts) -

Come on, now.

#42 Posted by Raining51 (800 posts) -

Theya lready win all the time .