Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24912 Posts

Hello friends,

So in last generation Crysis games after original didnot work and they become dumded down linear games. however it was mostly because last gen was full of linear COD clones. and every developer want to make FPS like COD.

in this gen, most of games went open world (which may not a good thing) but if we see other ambitious projects that are open world or sandbox i mean take a look at Metro Exodus. its doing what Crysis 1 did it in 2007 but even on bigger scale. Sandbox FPS game with best graphics and weapon customization. but even now with great story and characters which is plus.

another ambitious project is cyberpunk 2077 which i may not impressed by it but its ambitious project i can say.

so the point is. if Crytek put some effort. they can bring Crysis 4 back to its roots. they are pioneer in sandbox FPS games overall. if other developers can do it exact same things. why cant Crytek?

so the question is, do you think Crysis 4 can work in this generation if Crytek put some effort into it. Yes they can reboot Crysis 4 as sandbox game that can push PC graphic to limit. thats what 4A is doing with Metro. if 4A can do why cant Crytek??

Lets Discuss

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Only if it has more foul language, nudity and is Battle Royale MP game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghosts4ever  Online

@boycie said:

LOL nudity and romance in crysis game. hahahah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@boycie said:

LOL nudity and romance in crysis game. hahahah.

They are nude under those suits.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46218 Posts

I'd love another Crysis, the open ended gameplay and huge levels are still feel fresh.

But they won't make one.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'd love another Crysis, the open ended gameplay and huge levels are still feel fresh.

But they won't make one.

They have talent to make one. but sadly they are wasting it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#7 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Crytek guys are not good game developers. Crysis was great and Far Cry was OK with noticeable flaws. Every other game they released suck. Cry Engine is great though but their games aren't. New Crysis? No thanks. May be OK for bragging about visuals on SW but in real world, useless.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online

@Cloud_imperium said:

Crytek guys are not good game developers. Crysis was great and Far Cry was OK with noticeable flaws. Every other game they released suck. Cry Engine is great though but their games aren't. New Crysis? No thanks. May be OK for bragging about visuals on SW but in real world, useless.

my friend crytek have more talent than rockstar and CDPR combine but they choose not to.

crysis 2 no matter how dumbed down was. it was much better than witcher 3 in a terms of gameplay.

the point is, if 4A can do what Crytek did in 2007 but in bigger scale. why cant crytek??

EA ruined crytek. they can announced Crysis 4 as sandbox game. and that will be incredible.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

I guess so.

Might be riddled with rpg elements and lootboxes.

Don't care. I want another Crysis game even if I have to do useless grinds for 10 hours.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

Probably not, not to say the games aren't good but it's too popular that everyone thumb their noses at the series, it doesn't stand a chance. Plus, Crytek as a studio has had its staff drastically reduced, unless that other game they are making manages to help build their studio back up, who knows if they even have the staff to make another Crysis game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Remember the time that Crytech had Timesplitters ip and never did anything with it ?

The same thing has happened for Crysis.The only way it may get new games is if another publisher buys the ip.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online

@lamprey263 said:

Probably not, not to say the games aren't good but it's too popular that everyone thumb their noses at the series, it doesn't stand a chance. Plus, Crytek as a studio has had its staff drastically reduced, unless that other game they are making manages to help build their studio back up, who knows if they even have the staff to make another Crysis game.

4A games has only 170 employees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4A_Games

and they are making one of the most ambitious project this generation where as Crytek has 552 employees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crytek

yet they are only making indie and F2P.

Metro Exodus budget is 1/4th of what Crysis 1 budget was especially how big money EA funded. yet Metro Exodus is doing on par with what Crysis 1 did 10 years ago. or id say even better.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Absolutely. Just make it open world with microtransactions.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Have only played the 1st one on 360, but I'd be willing to give a new one a shot.

I'd like to see the trilogy remastered for current gen systems, or atleast added to Xbox bc.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@ghosts4ever: lol they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Rockstar and CDPR. Crytek essentially makes tech demos not great games. Yes I enjoyed some of them but CDPR and Rockstar are easily top 10 dev's while Crytek is on the verge of bankruptcy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

I would like another Crysis, it's still one of my favorite action games. Open-world, but not too open world; nicely designed levels that are just big enough to encourage exploration and different approaches, but not too big to cause boredom.

Crysis 2 was a big downgrade, but I still enjoyed it. Crysis 3 sort of brought it back but not as good as original.

Fourth times a charm? Crytek is a shit company as far ethics go, however, so I really don't trust them to make another game. Give the license to Bethesda and let them make another Crysis; Arkane has experience with CryEngine already, they'd be perfect.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58890 Posts

Crysis 2 and 3 are not bad FPS, they are simply bad by Crysis/Warhead standards. Compared to your average FPS, the gameplay in two titles were still pretty good.

Unfortunately redesigning Crysis with console gamer expectations hindered rather than enhanced the game. The streamlining of suit mechanics already made a problematic stealth, even more overpowered.

The leveling up mechanics of collecting resources both felt out of place and didn't enhance the gameplay in any significant way. It was there simply because other games were doing it.

Vehicles are now sparse and linear to the point of novelty. Instead of leaving the player to their own devices the game literally spells out 2-3 paths removing what little player, or illusion of player freedom could have been.

The story, rebooted with an eye on consoles moves from light 80's B-movie, to an incomprehensible, deadly serious mess. If you could follow exactly what the **** was going on in Crysis 2, give yourself a pat on the back. If you cared for a single character droning on and on technobabble, emotionally invested in any way, give yourself a mansion. Warhead by comparison was an endearing crystallization of "games should be fun".

Both Crysis 2 and 3 had sullied what was essentially their core audience. Cryteks rep had plummeted faster than Bill Cosby offering a refreshment. The console audience was already invested in Call Of Duty, Halo etc... And with pc gamers having felt anally violated, Crytek become king nutin'.

Much like the fantastic, quickly bastardized Fear franchise, it's best left in the past. A lesson for humanity.

Console suck, PC for FPS. Stick to Zelda and Mario.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

Crysis 2 and 3 are not bad FPS, they are simply bad by Crysis/Warhead standards. Compared to your average FPS, the gameplay in two titles were still pretty good.

Unfortunately redesigning Crysis with console gamer expectations hindered rather than enhanced the game. The streamlining of suit mechanics already made a problematic stealth, even more overpowered.

The leveling up mechanics of collecting resources both felt out of place and didn't enhance the gameplay in any significant way. It was there simply because other games were doing it.

Vehicles are now sparse and linear to the point of novelty. Instead of leaving the player to their own devices the game literally spells out 2-3 paths removing what little player, or illusion of player freedom could have been.

The story, rebooted with an eye on consoles moves from light 80's B-movie, to an incomprehensible, deadly serious mess. If you could follow exactly what the **** was going on in Crysis 2, give yourself a pat on the back. If you cared for a single character droning on and on technobabble, emotionally invested in any way, give yourself a mansion. Warhead by comparison was an endearing crystallization of "games should be fun".

Both Crysis 2 and 3 had sullied what was essentially their core audience. Cryteks rep had plummeted faster than Bill Cosby offering a refreshment. The console audience was already invested in Call Of Duty, Halo etc... And with pc gamers having felt anally violated, Crytek become king nutin'.

Much like the fantastic, quickly bastardized Fear franchise, it's best left in the past. A lesson for humanity.

Console suck, PC for FPS. Stick to Zelda and Mario.

Crysis 2 is not bad FPS. certainly better than anything CDPR ever made. but Crysis 3 is bad FPS. its terrible worst in series

the point is. if small studio 4A can do what crytek did even on bigger scale. why cant crytek today?

COD like FPS fad is over. crysis 4 being sandbox can really done well.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Ive played a lot of FPS over the years, Crysis 2 and 3 ARE bad games, not bad compared to the original, just bad games overall with 3 being horrible.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VFighter

@ghosts4ever: Metro Exodus isn't one of this gens most ambitious projects lol, dear god where do you come up with this shit?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever  Online

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: Metro Exodus isn't one of this gens most ambitious projects lol, dear god where do you come up with this shit?

pushing PC graphics to limit with having multiple huge sandbox level design. if its not ambitious than what it is.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#22  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

I would love another Crysis game. Crytek actually did a decent job with Homefront Revolution once it was patched and optimized. That game is better than most people think. They can definitely do open world and a decent story. They just need to do another Crysis game under the right circumstances. The studio has to have the financial backing and stability to allow the game to shine. No more troubled projects, unpaid workers, etc..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever  Online

@BassMan said:

I would love another Crysis game. Crytek actually did a decent job with Homefront Revolution

crytek didnot made homefront revolution. dambster studios did.

Crytek actually sold it in mid development.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Nope, they can't. All their talent has already left them for other studios. I'll be really surprised if they can make another game with the caliber of Crysis.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BassMan  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

I would love another Crysis game. Crytek actually did a decent job with Homefront Revolution

They acquired the IP from THQ and had their Crytek UK branch (Free Radical Design) develop it and they later sold it off to Deep Silver when they were in financial trouble. Dambuster was just a name change as far as I know and it was still the same developers making it. So, the game was basically made by a Crytek studio. Obviously the project faced a lot of adversity and that is the kind of shit that we want to avoid if there is to be another Crysis game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever  Online

@BassMan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

They acquired the IP from THQ and had their Crytek UK branch (Free Radical Design) develop it and they later sold it off to Deep Silver when they were in financial trouble. Dam Busters was just a name change as far as I know and it was still the same developers making it. So, the game was basically made by a Crytek studio. Obviously the project faced a lot of adversity and that is the kind of shit that we want to avoid if there is to be another Crysis game.

But Crytek UK are basically free radical studios who made Haze. not really a real crytek studio.

crytek name not attach to it. thus its not crytek game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BassMan  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

They acquired the IP from THQ and had their Crytek UK branch (Free Radical Design) develop it and they later sold it off to Deep Silver when they were in financial trouble. Dam Busters was just a name change as far as I know and it was still the same developers making it. So, the game was basically made by a Crytek studio. Obviously the project faced a lot of adversity and that is the kind of shit that we want to avoid if there is to be another Crysis game.

But Crytek UK are basically free radical studios who made Haze. not really a real crytek studio.

crytek name not attach to it. thus its not crytek game.

We know the history of it and Crytek's DNA is all over it. The engine, the modular weapons, etc.. It is definitely a Crytek game regardless of the final name on the box.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VFighter

@BassMan: Just stop, your guys are arguing about a crap game, who cares who made it?!?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BassMan  Online

@vfighter said:

@BassMan: Just stop, your guys are arguing about a crap game, who cares who made it?!?

It's actually not crap on PC with all the updates. The DLC is decent too.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10430 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

agreed. well, not about crysis 3 but, close enough.

the rest of your post was spot on

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

I miss Crysis games. Enjoyed them all.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Only if it's a PC exclusive no restrictions or parity nonsense the gameplay needs to more like the first game. They need to bring back maximum speed and lean make it more tactical and push the graphics a couple gens ahead. It's absolutely possible to pull off they just need the talent and a huge budget.. but it will never happen unfortunately.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#33 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I enjoyed all 3 crysis games. I don’t take this hobby so serious that I can’t just let go and have fun. It was fun to shoot aliens in 2 and use the bow in 3 to me. I don’t care about how open and blah blah nerd speak the first was. Lighten up Francis

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever  Online

@warmblur said:

Only if it's a PC exclusive no restrictions or parity nonsense the gameplay needs to more like the first game. They need to bring back maximum speed and lean make it more tactical and push the graphics a couple gens ahead. It's absolutely possible to pull off they just need the talent and a huge budget.. but it will never happen unfortunately.

Metro Exodus a PC oriented multiplat made by far smaller studio making a game more ambitious than original Crysis.

Crytek can if they want too.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I assume you mean Crysis 4 would be what Crysis was on release?... Well then the answer is no it wouldn't work on current generation of consoles. Crysis pushed hardware to its limits on launch and was almost impossible to port to consoles.

Do I want another Crysis game?... Nah, I am good. I am happy at the current level of fidelity and would just prefer that games actually run smoother now that anything else.

The next big leap is ray tracing and it looks like that leap isn't really coming anything soon, maybe in 2-3 years we will see native ray traced games till then it will be half assed gimped implementations with severe performance drops due to it being too demanding.

A modern day "Crysis" would be that, it would be the first native ray traced game and at ultra settings would make the best GPU of that time run the game in single digit framerates.

This being said a modern day Crysis is actually around the corner thanks to Ray Tracing... and when it lands it will make our jaws hit the floor and our PC's over heat.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VFighter

@cainetao11: I've enjoyed some stinkers over the years, he'll I really had a blast with Duke Nukem Forever, but Crysis 2 and 3 were an absolute chore to finish, nothing about them was fun, even shooting the aliens was bland and boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghosts4ever  Online

@vfighter said:

@cainetao11: I've enjoyed some stinkers over the years, he'll I really had a blast with Duke Nukem Forever, but Crysis 2 and 3 were an absolute chore to finish, nothing about them was fun, even shooting the aliens was bland and boring.

lol praising duke forever which many consider worst of all time after 11 years in making and criticizing Crysis 2 which is just disappointing compare to original that was masterpiece.

Crysis 2 was also much better than abysmal games like wolfenstein.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I thought Crytek went bankrupt last year. If I’m wrong though I would love a new Crysis game if it fell in line with the freedom and plot of the first game. No more linear shiz in Crysis games plz.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VFighter

@ghosts4ever: You really need to learn reading comprehension, I never praised DNF, I said I enjoyed it despite it being crappy. Learning to read and understand what you read could potentially make you a better troll, at the moment your post belong in the toilet with all the other shit.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

If they're welcome with a mediocre console port and PC first mentality. Maybe they can pull it off.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

I'd love if they'd give us a Crysis Reboot, nothing like the crap in 2 and 3 though. The aliens in 1 and Warhead were really cool. It was impressive how they could fly and freeze things in the game-world. They also looked really cool IMO. The coolest part was how half the game-world was frozen and the other part wasn't and how it would impact the weather.

I hated how they got rid of everything that made C1 awesome in C2.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: You really need to learn reading comprehension, I never praised DNF, I said I enjoyed it despite it being crappy. Learning to read and understand what you read could potentially make you a better troll, at the moment your post belong in the toilet with all the other shit.

"I really had a blast with Duke Nukem Forever"

Sounds an awful lot like praise, though.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cainetao11

@vfighter said:

Whereas I couldn't bring myself to even attempt DNF. Different strokes for different folks I suppose

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Mehh crysis 1 was just a “good” game whose only claim to fame was some very pretty graphic.. the game itself wasn’t that great and had a really terrible terrible ending part with all the alien crap which imo didn’t got saved by the good parts!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The Crysis games were okay. But, the Ubi Far Cry games scratched my itch better.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ghosts4ever  Online

@jun_aka_pekto said:

The Crysis games were okay. But, the Ubi Far Cry games scratched my itch better.

Crysis 1 was masterpiece, 2 was ok and 3 was terrible rushed game.

UBI far cry are not even as good as Crysis 2 let alone Crysis 1. FC3 was ok but 4 primal and 5 are just awful.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#47  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

I enjoyed all 3 crysis games. I don’t take this hobby so serious that I can’t just let go and have fun. It was fun to shoot aliens in 2 and use the bow in 3 to me. I don’t care about how open and blah blah nerd speak the first was. Lighten up Francis

This. Additionally I enjoyed the story and characters as well.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Crysis 1 was masterpiece, 2 was ok and 3 was terrible rushed game.

UBI far cry are not even as good as Crysis 2 let alone Crysis 1. FC3 was ok but 4 primal and 5 are just awful.

Mmmm. No.

Far Cry 3 and 4 were far more engaging than any of the Crysis games. I replayed Crysis because there was nothing else close. But once Far Cry 3 came out, I switched my attention to the latter. When flying vehicles debuted in Far Cry 4, I switched to it from Far Cry 3. If Far Cry 5 had the same Reset Outpost mode as 3 and 4, I'd be in heaven. But, Ubisoft took it out and replaced it with the lame Outpost Master.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Yeah, if Crytek sells off the IP to a competent developer.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cainetao11

@Dark_sageX said:
@cainetao11 said:

This. Additionally I enjoyed the story and characters as well.

And now all 3 are BC on X1. Just saw Crysis and Crysis 2 pop up in my ready to download que.