Call of Duty Infinite Warfare is dead on PC...So many Cheaters

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

I only game on PC for past two years and got my self BF1 and Infinite Warfare this year for shooters. While BF1 has an excellent community of players and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare is dead on arrival. Seems only Team Death match where you can find a game and it's littered with cheaters from Wallhacking to Aimbot. It's insane that Infinity Ward has no Vac or any type of anti cheat software built-in. Can we say that Activision finally killed that franchise ? I don't know how it is on the console's but it's dead on arrival for PC. I went back to Black Ops 3 and that game at least has a build in VAC. It's been over a month and they still haven't patched anything In.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

PC community? Killed COD?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Call of Duty dead on PC? Good. It means PC gamers are catching on that these games are basically the same every single year. They've pretty much become the FIFA or Madden of first-person shooters at this point.

I hope it spreads and kills off the console player bases as well. Maybe then, just maybe, Activision and co will finally get the message.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Really should have got titanfall 2 instead of infinite warfare. Far better game. The only thing I can say is good about infinite warfare is the campaign. Loved it. Muliplayer is crap though.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p  Online
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I'm shocked

Gorillanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gorillanator
Member since 2009 • 867 Posts

Why do people cheat at video games? Does it make them happy?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Gorillanator said:

for some people the need to win is everything

..so they spend money on hacks and look up glitches on youtube to cheat.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 telefanatic

@Gorillanator:

It ruins the game and the community just goes dead because of cheaters. $60 bucks is a couple of hours work for me but I want a refund bad for this game.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

COD hasn't been popular on PC for a while now. Its fan base are mostly console users.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

CoD hasn't been popular on PC in a decade.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Star wars Battlefront is probably just as bad or worse. So glad they got a 4 hour trial.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

PC gamers don't care about Call of Duty. I tried Black Ops 2 back in the day, when it was getting called the best COD in however long, and I hadn't played one since they were WW2 games. Was laughably bad in every single way that a game can be judged. Never bothered again and never will. COD is crap.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Gorillanator said:

Sad people do sad things.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 telefanatic

@sirk1264: I got Titanfall 2 few days ago didn't get a chance to try MP yet but Single player was excellent.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Cheating is rampant on PC. The top Overwatch player got banned during a livestream for using an aimbot.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Call of Duty dead on PC? Good. It means PC gamers are catching on that these games are basically the same every single year. They've pretty much become the FIFA or Madden of first-person shooters at this point.

I hope it spreads and kills off the console player bases as well. Maybe then, just maybe, Activision and co will finally get the message.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@mjorh said:
@madrocketeer said:

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I heard BF1 is filled with banned cheaters from Overwatch

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

What message? That most gamers are idiots? Activision has made tens of billions with the CoD franchise so far, the only message that they're getting is that they can sell shit to gamers and they'll still buy it.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By madrocketeer
@walloftruth said:

What message? That most gamers are idiots? Activision has made tens of billions with the CoD franchise so far, the only message that they're getting is that they can sell shit to gamers and they'll still buy it.

When reading a forum post, please read the entire thing, and not just the last sentence.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

pc gamers cheat? ZOMG NO WAY!!!! its almost as if they are bad at video games. oh wait. lmao no skill having muppets. its no wonder they flock in droves to games like overwatch and LoL that take all of zero skill in execution

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@madrocketeer said:
@walloftruth said:

When reading a forum post, please read the entire thing, and not just the last sentence.

I didn't think something this obvious needed to be said but just because someone responds to a specific part of your message doesn't mean that they haven't read the rest of it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Standard arrogant dictatorial attitude. "I hate it, so you aren't allowed enjoy it."

COD is massively popular and the millions of gamers who enjoy it deserve a fair experience when playing. No matter what the poisonous little forum trolls say.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By madrocketeer
@walloftruth said:

I didn't think something this obvious needed to be said but just because someone responds to a specific part of your message doesn't mean that they haven't read the rest of it.

Okay. I was just perplexed by your post, which appeared to be a response to a point I never made.

@locopatho said:

Standard arrogant dictatorial attitude. "I hate it, so you aren't allowed enjoy it."

COD is massively popular and the millions of gamers who enjoy it deserve a fair experience when playing. No matter what the poisonous little forum trolls say.

I don't hate Call of Duty; I'm just "eh." As I said, COD games are basically the same every year. Sun rises, fish swims, and every November Activision releases a Call of Duty game featuring a 5 1/2 hour corridor-linear, heavily-scripted shooting gallery campaign, flashy multiplayer with rehashes of old maps, and zombie mode. If I feel anything, it's a sense of deja vu.

People who still enjoy COD are by all means free to keep enjoying them. I'm "arrogant?" Oh? Okay then, I therefore shall leave open the possibility that I may be wrong about COD. Maybe I'm wrong to expect more from a first-person shooter than simply being like a Madden or a FIFA. Those sports titles at least have an excuse; that there's only so much you can do with sports games before you hit a brick wall and improvements become incremental, but perhaps I'm wrong about that too. Other first person shooter developers have continued to experiment and try things, but who knows, I might simply be wrong to compare COD to those games. Perhaps COD aren't first-person shooters after all, and maybe they should be placed in their very own genre, free from such harsh and unfair criticism and comparison to other games. I would ordinarily point out that COD games appear to continue to think it's still 2008, but what the heck, maybe I'm wrong on that too; maybe COD think it's still 2008 because it is 2008. Quick, I need a stack of a cash and some sports results!

Maybe I'm being too harsh, too "dictatorial" on poor Activision and poor Call of Duty, and for that, I leave the possibility open to apologising for my harshness some time in the future, which is yet to be determined. Rest assured, I shall try as hard as I can muster whatever available willingness within me to come up with a timetable for that occurrence.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Devastating news.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@madrocketeer: Fvck Activision, forget criticism, you took pleasure in your fellow gamers having a sh1tty time ("Call of Duty dead on PC? Good.") At CHRISTMAS. Nasty, nasty.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@telefanatic: I don't know why you spend money on Infinite Warfare if you had Black Ops 3 in the first place - it's the same multiplayer game with the same mechanics - so you won't have a space station map - big deal, I bought Titanfall 2 which seems more reasonable choice.

@Gorillanator said:

Because there people on earth that are lame, that's their purpose on earth - to exist as a lame person.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madrocketeer

@locopatho:

And where in any of my posts have I specifically expressed joy at the misfortune of COD players? I take no pleasure in seeing gamers having bad time, I simply expressed my opinion that PC gamers' rejection of the COD games is a good thing.

If there is any pleasure I feel, it's for Activision's misfortune. Their PC player base is dead. If their console base begin to decline as well, then oh no, who is going to buy their overpriced map packs now?

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

pc gamers cheat? ZOMG NO WAY!!!! its almost as if they are bad at video games. oh wait. lmao no skill having muppets. its no wonder they flock in droves to games like overwatch and LoL that take all of zero skill in execution

Console gamers don't cheat?

It's a lot harder to cheat on consoles, that's why they resort to glitches (Destiny says hi).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

I remember playing modern warfare 2 on x360 years ago with lots of people hacking it to send messages on screen about charging for a hacked max prestige account lol. Is that still a thing?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

How do cheaters feel about other cheaters who use cheats against them?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 m3dude1

@koko-goal: do you really want to go down this route? Comparing the number of cheaters in console v pc?

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

If I said what I honestly feel about people who have to resort to cheating in an online game, I might be banned for language.

But here's my thoughts on this issue.

If you are so worthless and pathetic that you have to cheat in an online game, then I honestly wonder what your value to the human race is. Let me put it even more bluntly. If you suck so badly that you have to buy cheats to win in an online game, then you're not owning anyone and you undermine the entire point of playing a game online while ruining it for everyone else.

I'm hardly the best Call or Duty(or other game) player in the world, and I've played more then my fair share of games that involved me getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter. But as I play more of the game, unlock better stuff, and get better, I start to improve. It's no fun to lose, I can understand that. But how in the hell is it fun to win without any kind of challenge?

That's the thing about playing competitively. You have to take the bad losses with the wins. If people have to resort to cheating to "have fun and win" then maybe online games are not for you.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@telefanatic: In case you didn't notice. Activision split the PC player base, you linked to Steam stats, they released it on Windows store as well though. People who got it from the Windows store can't play with people who got it from Steam which is why Infinite Warfare is dead on PC in the first place. Of course it's dead on PC. Activision burned that bridge long ago.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

PC gaming is becoming quite shit. I got out of it back in 2013, tried to get back in during this past summer and poor port after poor port pushed me back to ps4 pro. That and like non of the exclusives on PC do anything for me. I also cannot stand most PC gamers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

That sucks. I'd be fine hearing people just don't care foe COD anymore, but hearing cheaters are messing it up is awful.

Anyhow, try Titanfall 2, the online for that is great, on consoles anyways.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Pretty much a negative in PC gaming in my opinion. There are servers/games that run cheat guards/checks, but to me it is always more rampant/prevalent on Pc than on consoles.

BUT I do enjoy getting trainers for SP modes and getting god mode/all attributes maxed, so I shouldnt complain.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Are these supposed to be bad news lol

Seriously talking you should have chosen Titanfall 2 over COD.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

1. Over 90% of competitive gaming (games, e-sports players/tournaments, non e-sports (mid level) players/tournaments/ladders) is held on PC. This is pure data, and can not be refuted. That fisher price console crap isn't used for high skill level gaming, this is just the truth.

2. PC has exponentially more games with far greater higher skill caps and apm. Also a few near exclusive genres with the same.

3. Consoles top "competitive games", Halo and CoD, are the bottom of the barrel in terms of skill and competitive factor - and are also on PC (although not played, since they are so casual/noob designed). That leaves console with a handful of Fighters, of which has a scene 1/1000th the size of PCs and arguably not even the skill ceiling of MOBAs, much less Twitch Shooters and RTS.

4. KB/M > Controller for skill ceiling in shooters. This is due to the range of variable precision/speed and game design. IE: Overwatch on PC has a higher skill cap than any title on console, yet OW on Consoles is balanced/designed to be fisher price level to PC gamers.

Don't be a scrub troll, you thumbstick auto-aim warrior with 1 "competitive" title per 4 years used in gutter trash level scenes for a handful of dumpster level players. I feel dirty just having to respond to you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

PC gaming is becoming quite shit. I got out of it back in 2013, tried to get back in during this past summer and poor port after poor port pushed me back to ps4 pro. That and like non of the exclusives on PC do anything for me. I also cannot stand most PC gamers.

A majority of ports and multiplats are superior on PC< as per objective analysis from multiple tech/comparison sites such as Digital Foundry. Especially this year. There have been more broken ports/multi on console than PC in 2016. The data is all there, google Eurogamer Digital Foundry. On top of having more 80%+ scoring games than all 3 consoles combined this year and a much much better online, that is pretty the opposite of "quite shit".

Nice try though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#42 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I believe the focus groups would call it "consumer fatigue"

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By m3dude1

@zaryia said:
@m3dude1 said:

1. Over 90% of competitive gaming (games, e-sports players/tournaments, non e-sports (mid level) players/tournaments/ladders) is held on PC. This is pure data, and can not be refuted. That fisher price console crap isn't used for high skill level gaming, this is just the truth.

2. PC has exponentially more games with far greater higher skill caps and apm. Also a few near exclusive genres with the same.

3. Consoles top "competitive games", Halo and CoD, are the bottom of the barrel in terms of skill and competitive factor - and are also on PC (although not played, since they are so casual/noob designed). That leaves console with a handful of Fighters, of which has a scene 1/1000th the size of PCs and arguably not even the skill ceiling of MOBAs, much less Twitch Shooters and RTS.

4. KB/M > Controller for skill ceiling in shooters. This is due to the range of variable precision/speed and game design. IE: Overwatch on PC has a higher skill cap than any title on console, yet OW on Consoles is balanced/designed to be fisher price level to PC gamers.

Don't be a scrub troll, you thumbstick auto-aim warrior with 1 "competitive" title per 4 years used in gutter trash level scenes for a handful of dumpster level players. I feel dirty just having to respond to you.

keep blathering bs. meanwhile neither you nor any herm on this board can beat me at any game. in fact id destroy you all on a pc shooter while using a gamepad against your mouse and keyboard

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@m3dude1: Baby's first troll?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@Gorillanator said:

for some people the need to win is everything

..so they spend money on hacks and look up glitches on youtube to cheat.

Cheaters suck.

Loading Video...
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#46 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Cheaters are the worst and it is certainly a bigger issue on PC. However, the benefits of PC outweigh the negatives. I don't have fun when I play FPS on console. I need the superior mouse and keyboard controls, high frame rate, and the betters graphics are nice as well. Anyway, COD MP is shit regardless of platform and most PC gamers don't even bother because it is a dumbed down game geared for casual console players.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@BassMan said:

PC. However, the benefits of PC outweigh the negatives. I don't have fun when I play FPS on console. I need the superior mouse and keyboard controls, high frame rate, and the betters graphics are nice as well.

While objectively controls are more precise with a faster response time, hardware, both in the control scheme and beyond varies with different configurations. One user may be running 60fps, the other 20, one user be using a fov of 90, the other 60. One user may be using minimal graphics (common for competitive gaming) the other bells and whistles, mouse DPI, an advantage, hot-keys e.t.c....

Consoles, though potential for variation are largely a level playing field with hardware and configuration across the board identical.

It is arguably better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@BassMan said:

PC. However, the benefits of PC outweigh the negatives. I don't have fun when I play FPS on console. I need the superior mouse and keyboard controls, high frame rate, and the betters graphics are nice as well.

While objectively controls are more precise with a faster response time, hardware, both in the control scheme and beyond varies with different configurations. One user may be running 60fps, the other 20, one user be using a fov of 90, the other 60. One user may be using minimal graphics (common for competitive gaming) the other bells and whistles, mouse DPI, an advantage, hot-keys e.t.c....

Consoles, though potential for variation are largely a level playing field with hardware and configuration across the board identical.

It is arguably better.

Tis a shame then, that the real world where 90% of competitive games are on PC doesn't reflect that "Arguably better".

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@MBirdy88 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@BassMan said:

It is arguably better.

Tis a shame then, that the real world where 90% of competitive games are on PC doesn't reflect that "Arguably better".

Doesn't detract from the argument, just an excuse to dismiss it.

Quite petty really, insecure even.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Cheating is rampant on PC. The top Overwatch player got banned during a livestream for using an aimbot.

Yet consoles games come with aimbots built in