Call for SW to stop using only GS scores to determine if a game is a flop or not

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fightinjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fightinjustice
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I call for support against the system that is currently in place at GS to only use GS scores to decide whether a game is a flop or not. Gamespot has proven that it is biased by the firing of Jeff Gertsmann who gave an honest review of a game. I say that we move to the use of gamerankings scores to determine a flop or not.

There are too many of us here to move to another sites forums, and the vast majority of us will stay here. But we just want a FAIR system. We want reviews that are not biased. We want HONESTY! Gamespot has proved that it can not provide that, and that any shred left of that will be taken away (if it has not already).

WE WANT A GAME TO BE DETERMINED BY HOW GOOD IT IS, NOT BY HOW MUCH A COMPANY HAS PAID YOU!

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
This is a sad day for the gaming community.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
neither cake or death, or casey, or any of the other mods will give us the sticky thread to make a giant vote or even let it be standard.

IT JUST WONT HAPPEN. I mean we have had this in the past but this has to be the few times i honestly believe we need to switch to gamerakings since its still a cnet site.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

neither cake or death, or casey, or any of the other mods will give us the sticky thread to make a giant vote or even let it be standard.

IT JUST WONT HAPPEN. I mean we have had this in the past but this has to be the few times i honestly believe we need to switch to gamerakings since its still a cnet site.jg4xchamp

so, we simply ignore the rule. There's more of us than them...and using GR is naot even a modable offense. If everyone just ignores the system, they will have to drop it.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#5 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

IT JUST WONT HAPPEN. I mean we have had this in the past but this has to be the few times i honestly believe we need to switch to gamerakings since its still a cnet site.jg4xchamp

They'll do it, we did it before months ago.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
GS scores don't matter anymore. There is no way to know how many scores have been or haven't been tainted. We might as well put an asterisk (*) over every score there is. To me there is only one score to trust in. That is Kane & Lynch. I'm not one to trust the unknown or to assume that a score is legit or not. This incident is like the MLB's steroid issues. Everything is suspect now.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I see no problem with using GS scores. I tend to agree with them with certain games.
Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
I'm all for using Metacritic/Gamerankings after this.
CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

I like how system wars is trying to pretend to be a legitimate community now.

Keep on fighting the good fight, you insecure jerks.

Ice_Forge

System Wars is all fun and games. I doubt anyone here really bases their next game purchase solely off of Gamespot's review. In the end everyone that comes here is a gamer.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blackbond

Ice_Forge

When was it not a legitament community? It may not have been the best one but it is one. You should be drop kicked off your high horse. Insecure jerks? You from Cnet or something?

Ice_Forge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ice_Forge
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts
[QUOTE="Ice_Forge"]

CuDDKiDD

System Wars is all fun and games. I doubt anyone here really bases their next game purchase solely off of Gamespot's review. In the end everyone that comes here is a gamer.

If that's how you want to justify your collosal waste of time. Take it from someone who has been following these boards since 03.

Ice_Forge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ice_Forge
[QUOTE="Ice_Forge"]

Blackbond

When was it not a legitament community?

lol, you guys refer to eachother as farm animals. Do I seriously have to answer this? And no, I'm not from cnet.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

We should have changed the system the first time around when GS changed their reviewing system, but certain mods didn't want to even consider it. I bet they'll keep challenging this even with what has happened to GS.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Ice_Forge"]

Ice_Forge

When was it not a legitament community?

lol, you guys refer to eachother as farm animals. Do I seriously have to answer this? And no, I'm not from cnet.

And a lot of human beings are racist and some even call eachother derogatory names in real life. Guess the world is without society eh?

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#16 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Indeed the gaming community has had an hard blow today...
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I see no problem with using GS scores. I tend to agree with them with certain games.DaysAirlines

After the Jeff incident, I don't trust this site at all.

Ice_Forge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ice_Forge

And a lot of human beings are racist and some even call eachother derogatory names in real life. Guess the world is without society eh?

Blackbond

Dude, I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. The facts are: you argue about videogames on the internet, you do it while calling yourself a farm animal and you are probably just hitting puberty. You can tell you are taking things too seriously when you relate "the console wars" to an issue that's actually important, like racism.

Please continue with your town meeting though.

Ice_Forge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ice_Forge

Indeed the gaming community has had an hard blow today...PS360Fanboy

Are these posts actually serious?

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Well, I've never been one to trust reviews to begin with but it looks to be (Still a lot of speculation without proof) getting to the point where you can't even use the GS scores for the SW game. :(
MrPinktc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 MrPinktc
Member since 2003 • 872 Posts
Why would you even stay on GS afterwhat happened to jeff for telling the truth?
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I have to say this is indeed a tragic day for the Gamespot faithful. Alas, I lost my faith in this site's reviews months ago. It is a true shock that there is actually legitimate evidence of corruption with the reviews. I was never a huge fan of Jeff, but I think he did an immensely noble thing by simply giving the game exactly what he thought it deserved, knowing all too well he'd be burned for it. It's amazing, he got fired for doing his job the way it's supposed to be done.Gamespot is just a forum community I go to now. Never for reviews. I hope Jeff is welcomed somewhere else among honest gaming reviewers.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Ice_Forge

Dude, I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. The facts are: you argue about videogames on the internet, you do it while calling yourself a farm animal and you are probably just hitting puberty. You can tell you are taking things too seriously when you relate "the console wars" to an issue that's actually important, like racism.

Just hit puberty? lol ***** don't act like you know me. If this place isn't a community because people call eachother farm animal names then what does that make of the world? Telling me I take things to seriously and then you mention someone hasn't gone through puberty. Get real man. If you lived any where near me or near the area where I go to school I would love for you to say that kinda crap to my face.

Who the hell talks crap over the internet? Oh wait. People like you.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
[QUOTE="Ice_Forge"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Blackbond

Just hit puberty? lol ***** don't act like you know me. If this place isn't a community because people call eachother farm animal names then what does that make of the world? Telling me I take things to seriously and then you mention someone hasn't gone through puberty. Get real man. If you lived any where near me or near the area where I go to school I would love for you to say that kinda crap to my face.

Uber burn.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
BOMB where have you been hiding!?
Ice_Forge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ice_Forge

If you lived any where near me or near the area where I go to school I would love for you to say that kinda crap to my face.

Blackbond

lol, you don't see anything wrong with this statement?

case in point: you're still in school.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
[QUOTE="Ice_Forge"]

CuDDKiDD

This has been coming A LONG TIME. The gamers of this forum have been crying FOUL for a long time, yet the GS fanboys/girls ignored them like raving lunatics.

Finally, we can see the truth.

PERFECT DARK 9.0...HAHAHAHA. This is priceless.

jpKNOCKOUT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jpKNOCKOUT
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

If you lived any where near me or near the area where I go to school I would love for you to say that kinda crap to my face.

Ice_Forge

well thats an ignorant statement.. anybody at ANY age can be in school. I'm 18 and heading to college, my brother is 25 and doing the same

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Ice_Forge

Do you have a problem with being 21, a Junior at Univerity of Pitt, and working at a Civil Engineering degree? If so I'd love to hear your complaints lol.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#30 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts
Please keep these comments in the official thread on the Off-Topic forum.