But can it run Crysis.....on Xbox One/X? (DF vid)

• 151 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

Keynotes from DF. All three Crysis games tested:

• Crysis 3 is the smoothest
  • All capped at 31FPS with a stutter
  • No texture filtering on the Xbox One X
  • Significant improvements over the 360

As a Crysis fan, I will say that the Xbox One X is an improvement from the 360 counterpart but the Motion blur is the real downer on the console port. In short, we all know the PC version stumps over the Xbox One/X in comparison, so no surprise here. But the good news for this console version however is the game did gain some fps boosts, this is down to RAW CPU power as alot of games that target 30 fps don't seem to struggle that much on Xbox One due to the more powerful CPU.

(I know, this isn't saying much but still)

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Still not a great comparison since all of these games are being emulated. There is a huge difference when games are emulated then running native on any platform.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Crysis on console wasn't even the same game though, and it was fuking blue! Just a cash in job.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#4 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@davillain-: I have them all and will play through them after RDR2.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Came in here thinking we finally have a port that can pit the XBox versus a PC... Saw it was a BC thread, instead. Just goes to show, the most exciting thing on XBox was games we all already played. No wonder it is the third place afterthought of npd.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cainetao11

@Shewgenja: how would a port NOT make it a game we already played before?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@PCgameruk said:

Crysis on console wasn't even the same game though, and it was fuking blue! Just a cash in job.

I would say more of a 'told we could do it' job....

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:

Could have added features or something. That seems to be standard procedure for the remasters this gen.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Terrible. PC is the only way to play them properly.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cainetao11

@Shewgenja: features? Ok, but the gameplay and story are still FPS and crysis we already played still.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 scatteh316
@BassMan said:

Yep... and I have the only working version of the best time of day mod for the first game on the internet I think.

Crysis 1 + DX9 mode + shader hacks + ultra .cfg file + mster time of day = beautiful.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@BassMan said:

@PCgameruk said:

Original Crysis wasn't meant to be running on consoles at all. Crytek found out the hard way, they were really desperate for extra money on the console side, they fell from grace. I'm more surprise they were able to get Crysis 3 running on Wii U awhile back. So yeah, The PC versions are so vastly superior, the Xbox One version looks like a joke! Even moreso now than they did on release. If Crysis were to be a Remastered trilogy on consoles, it would have at least made them less shitty then they are on consoles now.

@Shewgenja said:

Came in here thinking we finally have a port that can pit the XBox versus a PC... Saw it was a BC thread, instead. Just goes to show, the most exciting thing on XBox was games we all already played. No wonder it is the third place afterthought of npd.

I think DF already knows the answer to that. No point in talking about Xbox One vs PC comparisons cause Crysis on PC was going to win anyways.

@PCgameruk said:

I still go back to playing Crysis from time to time myself these days. It was the only series that invited me to be a PC gamer after all :)

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Even in 2008 Crysis had stutter. LOL That is using Nvidia's most powerful GPU at the time and Intel's third highest CPU at the time.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scatteh316
@xhawk27 said:

Even in 2008 Crysis had stutter. LOL That is using Nvidia's most powerful GPU at the time and Intel's third highest CPU at the time.

Stutter was fixed easily in 2008 using 'r_texturesstreaming=0'

I also used to cap the game at 30fps using 'fixed_time_step= -0.033333333'

Crysis was one of those games where you could be at 45fps one second and then 31fps the next so I just locked it at 30fps and it was a heck of a lot smoother and more enjoyable for it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@xhawk27 said:

Crysis was one of those games where you could be at 45fps one second and then 31fps the next so I just locked it at 30fps and it was a heck of a lot smoother and more enjoyable for it.

You get screen tearing though. Didn't have G-sync or freesync back then.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

PC version was definitely ahead of its time.

Modded screenshot.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@davillain-: If they actually remastered them for current consoles they would be just like the PC versions with the exception of framerates. They wouldn't need to downgrade it like they did on the 360/PS3.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@PCgameruk: PC or console Crysis w and 3 sucked balls, so they were the same.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Lmao... typical Shew post. Makes no sense.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

11 years later and this game still giving todays consoles trouble, and this is a gimped version.

Oh crytek what happened to you

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

@davillain-: If they actually remastered them for current consoles they would be just like the PC versions with the exception of framerates. They wouldn't need to downgrade it like they did on the 360/PS3.

Absolutely, just look at Metro 2033 from 2010, it was remastered for X1/PS4 and it was the exact same game...oh wait, it wasn't. It had to be downgraded to run on supposed 'next-gen' consoles. LMAO.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scatteh316
@xhawk27 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@xhawk27 said:

You get screen tearing though. Didn't have G-sync or freesync back then.

Never noticed it bud.......

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 scatteh316
@pc_rocks said:
@blackhairedhero said:

Absolutely, just look at Metro 2033 from 2010, it was remastered for X1/PS4 and it was the exact same game...oh wait, it wasn't. It had to be downgraded to run on supposed 'next-gen' consoles. LMAO.

And yet it still performs and looks better on them then what it does on your PC......

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@pc_rocks: Metro 2033 overall looks better then the original version. It also ran at 60 fps

So yea look at Metro 2033.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cainetao11

@Pedro said:
@cainetao11 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL I just don't get the idea that games ported or remastered aren't playing old games still. Take SotC PS4. Ive played it and under the new visuals it moves and plays exactly like the previous SotC game. Halo and Halo 2 Anniversary as well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

What about the PS Bore Poo, does it run these games better? Oh wait, that's right.... 0 rez 0fps.

Aww, too soon? lolol :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Crysis 1 still holds up today, honestly the only mod fix it needs is somewhat more crisp vegetations. (I think it's called high res or HD vegetation or something along those lines).

Crysis 2&3 still hold up brilliantly today, though I can't get 120FPS in Crysis 3, playing the second game was still brilliant and it can still look mindblowing when it comes to its technical features.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

@pc_rocks: Metro 2033 overall looks better then the original version. It also ran at 60 fps

Metro 2033 is the original. You are talking about the 2033 Redux. And yeah, the Redux looks better than the original, even though it had muzzle flash shadows.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PC_Rocks

@scatteh316 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@blackhairedhero said:

And yet it still performs and looks better on them then what it does on your PC......

Prove it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC_Rocks

@blackhairedhero said:

What, Metro 2033 looks better than Metro 2033? Oh you mean't Metro Redux. No it didn't, the devs even later patched the downgraded Redux's PC version when PC gamers complained about it. ROFLMAO!

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By scatteh316
@R4gn4r0k said:

Crysis 1 still holds up today, honestly the only mod fix it needs is somewhat more crisp vegetation. (I think it's called high res or HD vegetation or something along those lines).

It really doesn't dude...... you can tell it's an old ass game now....

Lighting, texture resolution, polygon count, ambient occlusion, shading....... it all shows it's age.

The only thing it still has going for it is the post processing pipe line which is still decent.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 scatteh316
@pc_rocks said:
@scatteh316 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@blackhairedhero said:

Prove it.

Already did in a previous thread and you deflected.... feel free to go through my post history to find it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PC_Rocks

@scatteh316 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@scatteh316 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Prove it.

Already did in a previous thread and you deflected.... feel free to go through my post history to find it.

You mean the benchmarks you posted about Metro using Supersampling with 2X resolution with Very High preset and tried to say that it's the equivalent of PS4 version with no supersampling hoping I wouldn't catch you? You wanna link it or should I link that post? :D

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

Crysis 1 still holds up today, honestly the only mod fix it needs is somewhat more crisp vegetations. (I think it's called high res or HD vegetation or something along those lines).

Crysis 2&3 still hold up brilliantly today, though I can't get 120FPS in Crysis 3, playing the second game was still brilliant and it can still look mindblowing when it comes to its technical features.

It's amazing how Crysis still hold well today's standards despite it's showing it's age on PC, but Warhead is right where it's at. I actually enjoy playing Crysis 3 despite the first & Warhead stumps it, I didn't mind Crysis 3 was made for consoles of it's time, Crysis 3 is very demanding on PC, even a 1080Ti can barely run it in 4K. 1440p is right where it's at. Who would have thought a 5 year old game like Crysis 3 could be so demanding?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts
@davillain- said:

It's amazing how Crysis still hold well today's standards despite it's showing it's age on PC, but Warhead is right where it's at. I actually enjoy playing Crysis 3 despite the first & Warhead stumps it, I didn't mind Crysis 3 was made for consoles of it's time, Crysis 3 is very demanding on PC, even a 1080Ti can barely run it in 4K. 1440p is right where it's at. Who would have thought a 5 year old game like Crysis 3 could be so demanding?

Crysis 2&3 have some amazing effects and graphics that still hold up today. I replayed through Crysis 2 recently and now I'm planning to replay Crysis 3 as well.

I feel that both games are better when you play them seperate from the first Crysis. That one had huge levels and the suit play was also more advanced. The sequels do feel downgraded when compared to the original: Crysis 1 had huge levels, Crysis 1 wasn't streamlined or overly simplified.

But that doesn't make Crysis 2&3 bad games, it just makes them bad sequels. They are still worth playing through and there is a lot of enjoyment to be had.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:
@Pedro said:
@cainetao11 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL I just don't get the idea that games ported or remastered aren't playing old games still. Take SotC PS4. Ive played it and under the new visuals it moves and plays exactly like the previous SotC game. Halo and Halo 2 Anniversary as well.

I don't really know if Scorpio games get different textures or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Between rampant piracy and the fact that only 9 PC's at the time could run Crysis you can assume that it didn't sell that well and the console version was a necessary evil.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackhairedhero

@pc_rocks: Redux looks better then the original overall. Most people wouldn't even debate it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Just imagine how amazing a new Crysis game would look today as a AAA PC exclusive with nothing holding it back.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

The game was poorly optimized from jump. That is the main reason why it was used as a benchmark for so many years.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
@boycie said:

Between rampant piracy and the fact that only 9 PC's at the time could run Crysis you can assume that it didn't sell that well and the console version was a necessary evil.

piracy wasn't the issue, it was Yerli expecting console exclusive number of sales ie like halo. After the first month He blamed "piracy" yet overlooking the very high system requirements and that game wasn't everyone's cup of tea. Fast forward three months after release they made the 1 million sale mark, and his tune changed. Around the release time of the game the 2nd wave Geforce 8800's were out and alot of people were upgrading. By 2011 They had sold more than 3 million copies and almost 2 million copies of the warhead expansion. Consoles were not needed per say they wanted to maximize profit by targeting more potential customers, and they hurt themselves in the end by over extending and messing up the franchise

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PC_Rocks

@blackhairedhero said:

@pc_rocks: Redux looks better then the original overall. Most people wouldn't even debate it.

Most cows may be. Many people already did and devs acknowledged that's why they patched the PC version of Redux to include the cut down elements.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@warmblur said:

Just imagine how amazing a new Crysis game would look today as a AAA PC exclusive with nothing holding it back.

That's more or less Squadron 42. Star Citizen/Squadron 42 is running on a heavily modified Lumberyard (Amazon's version of Cryengine).

Loading Video...

Still baking in the oven so it will likely improve even further.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@pc_rocks: It still had the redux enhancements though. They did a redux because the first was an unoptimized mess.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@BassMan said:

The funny thing is, my PC in 2008 ran the Crysis 1 with better graphics, resolution and performance than the any of the console version, lol.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By scatteh316
@SchnabbleTab said:
@BassMan said:

The funny thing is, my PC in 2008 ran the Crysis 1 with better graphics, resolution and performance than the any of the console version, lol.

Crytek have said a few times now it was RAM.....or a big lack off that was the single biggest issue with getting a decent Crysis 1 port on consoles.

When you took out the memory the OS used they only had ~480Mb of usable RAM.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PC_Rocks

@blackhairedhero said:

@pc_rocks: It still had the redux enhancements though. They did a redux because the first was an unoptimized mess.

Irrelevant point. The point is if something was present (that also happens to be technically demanding) in the original version then cut down in the Redux entirely while being only re-introduced to the PC version later due to outcry, that constitutes downgrade compared to the original on consoles. No amount of deflection will change these facts.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cainetao11

@Shewgenja: I don't really know if Scorpio games get different textures or not.

LOL X1X games get them when made available. It dumps on my Pro.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blackhairedhero

@pc_rocks: Did the console version overall look better then the PC original? Yes.

The only reason they downgraded the lighting was because they wanted 60 fps. And no single gpu on PC was running Metro 2033 on PC at max settings and 60 fps when it released.