Bungie is interested in Destiny 2 Cross-play and MS wants in on the cross-play as well!

• 188 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

That's right, Bungie & MS wants Destiny 2 cross-play support and here's an interesting statement:

Not only is Destiny 2 developer Bungie interested in offering crossplay with its title, but Microsoft also shows some interest in crossplay. That means players might soon get the opportunity to crossplay with other Destiny 2 players across a wide variety of platforms.

In a Q&A session with Game Informer, Forsaken lead developers Steve Cotton and Scott Taylor answered a question about the potential for crossplay in Destiny 2. Taylor said, "Yeah, we talk about it. No plans or anything to announce for Forsaken, but yeah, it's something we talk about." The most important takeaway here is that there are no plans on including crossplay with the Forsaken expansion, but that there is definitely an interest in making it happen for Destiny 2. Not only are Bungie interested in making that happen, but Xbox President Mike Ybarra tweeted that he would love to see the game get crossplay. In a poll that he posted, 87 percent of respondents agreed.

Let's be real here. Bungie knows they fucked up Destiny 2 big time. Everyone is losing interest and they know if they want to keep the community alive, they want cross-play between MS and PC more then ever. Of course Bungie want's cross-play, easier to hide that the player numbers are taking a nose dive and I gave Bungie a second chance and they blew it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Awesome for those that still play Destiny if it happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

didn't everyone already know that ms wanted in on cross play after blocking for 8 yearss last gen what a fking hypocrit play with yourself microsoft its what you wanted that whole time phil spencer was working there too

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Sony still cock blocking.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

A console FPS with PC crossplay, yeah no thanks.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

I’m so tired of these fukin crossplay articles. Either make it happen or don’t. Stop talking about it

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter

@hrt_rulz01: It wouldnt be awesome, console players would get slaughtered, D2 is a different beast on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

I just picked up Destiny 2 today as well...lol. Pretty fun game so far as I completely skipped out on the first one.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@briguyb13: What's this have to do with Sony? Xbox could cross play with PC. Sony isn't holding them back from that, they hold themselves back(FFXIV).

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

Sony doesn't block PC.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#11 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@pdogg93: It should be pretty evident to you that talking about it is an attempt to make it happen. If no one talked about it, there would be no backlash/pressure to add it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

Sony is also the marketing rights for Destiny franchise and I also don't expect them to agree with this.

@dagubot said:

I just picked up Destiny 2 today as well...lol. Pretty fun game so far as I completely skipped out on the first one.

I bought Destiny on PS4 and Destiny 2 on PC. Destiny 2 on PC is sweet, I won't denied that, it's just shallow and I was disappointed. I'm sure you like it enough, I hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Guys please stop being mean to Sony with all this crossplay talk! ?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Sony's so loooonely!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@joshrmeyer said:

@briguyb13: What's this have to do with Sony? Xbox could cross play with PC. Sony isn't holding them back from that, they hold themselves back(FFXIV).

yeah microsoft didn't want crossplay with pc for ff14 they were actually against cross play at the beginning of teh gen now they start losing and want it bad

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Bungie has no plans on making anything for the Switch nor want to put the effort on porting their engine on it, so there's that market loss for them.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JoshRMeyer

@ProtossRushX: And Bungie is a dying brand now. It's hard to find anyone playing Destiny 2 anymore, even with the new DLC.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

I think that would be awesome myself. Crossplay is an excellent feature and very beneficial to the gaming community as a whole so I’m all for its implementation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@davillain- said:
@briguyb13 said:

Sony is also the marketing rights for Destiny franchise and I also don't expect them to agree with this.

@dagubot said:

I bought Destiny on PS4 and Destiny 2 on PC. Destiny 2 on PC is sweet, I won't denied that, it's just shallow and I was disappointed. I'm sure you like it enough, I hope.

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying the game quite a lot. My friends bought the game back when it launched and were sorely disappointed at the lack of end game content; one particularly friend is a huge Destiny fan but understands the pros and cons within the game; he did advise for me to wait until Forsaken releases before picking up the game but I had tried out the trial they had over the weekend and just enjoyed myself enough to buy it since it was on sale. Cross-play would be pretty cool though; since I do have friends who play Destiny 2 on Xbox & Playstation. Just not really sure about it since it's an FPS and the whole keyboard/mouse vs controllers on consoles would go in pvp...lol.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VFighter

@joshrmeyer: I've been playing D2 daily (ps4) since the last Iron Banner, there's still a very active community. I get into crucible matches quickly and public events are always filled with people. I don't know actual numbers but there's more then enough playing to keep the game going.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@davillain- said:

That's right, Bungie & MS wants Destiny 2 cross-play support and here's an interesting statement:

Not only is Destiny 2 developer Bungie interested in offering crossplay with its title, but Microsoft also shows some interest in crossplay. That means players might soon get the opportunity to crossplay with other Destiny 2 players across a wide variety of platforms.

In a Q&A session with Game Informer, Forsaken lead developers Steve Cotton and Scott Taylor answered a question about the potential for crossplay in Destiny 2. Taylor said, "Yeah, we talk about it. No plans or anything to announce for Forsaken, but yeah, it's something we talk about." The most important takeaway here is that there are no plans on including crossplay with the Forsaken expansion, but that there is definitely an interest in making it happen for Destiny 2. Not only are Bungie interested in making that happen, but Xbox President Mike Ybarra tweeted that he would love to see the game get crossplay. In a poll that he posted, 87 percent of respondents agreed.

Let's be real here. Bungie knows they fucked up Destiny 2 big time. Everyone is losing interest and they know if they want to keep the community alive, they want cross-play between MS and PC more then ever. Of course Bungie want's cross-play, easier to hide that the player numbers are taking a nose dive and I gave Bungie a second chance and they blew it.

So instead of dealing with the issue behind the lack of interest, IE lack of content, they would rather spend time on something absolutely useless after a few months.

Wonder if the people in charge at Bungie have ever picked up a game.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoshRMeyer

@vfighter: Guess I should have specified doing strikes... Especially low level ones. My nephew got the game late and we're having trouble getting a third person.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@vfighter: Guess I should have specified doing strikes... Especially low level ones. My nephew got the game late and we're having trouble getting a third person.

You can do strikes just 2

Even heroics are possible to do with only two as long as you are not underpowered/geared.

IronBrigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IronBrigador
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

@dagubot said:
@davillain- said:
@briguyb13 said:

@dagubot said:

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying the game quite a lot. My friends bought the game back when it launched and were sorely disappointed at the lack of end game content; one particularly friend is a huge Destiny fan but understands the pros and cons within the game; he did advise for me to wait until Forsaken releases before picking up the game but I had tried out the trial they had over the weekend and just enjoyed myself enough to buy it since it was on sale. Cross-play would be pretty cool though; since I do have friends who play Destiny 2 on Xbox & Playstation. Just not really sure about it since it's an FPS and the whole keyboard/mouse vs controllers on consoles would go in pvp...lol.

I've been wanting to get in on D2 purely out of curiosity (and that I'm a sci fi addict) but the shenanigans that I heard Bungie did (intentionally reducing XP, lootrate etcetc) to boost microtransaction sales is making me very wary of their product. I havent been keeping myself up to date so I've no idea if this was still going on. Forsaken looks really cool and might be just the thing to make me give D2 a chance.

OTOH, i just bought The Division on steam sale lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

You know this is running out of gas when a shit game like Destiny gets a float in the parade. Lol!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VFighter

@joshrmeyer: BS.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
@vfighter said:

A console FPS with PC crossplay, yeah no thanks.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@nibbin1191 said:

@ProtossRushX:

Still such a dumb argument.

This stupid decision from the past doesn’t make the same issue any less stupid in the present...

You know that calling Sony out on an anti-consumer practice doesn’t mean you’re automatically endorsing Microsoft...whom you hate so much...because you identify tribally by the console you bought...because you’re sad.

Not doing crossplay has never at any time been anti-consumer. Not Sony's fault morons went down with the sinking ship at Xbox. They don't owe anyone that doesn't buy their consoles a good time.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Is destiny 2 on steam? cause no way xbox is going to let crossplay with steam

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@nibbin1191 said:

@ProtossRushX:

This stupid decision from the past doesn’t make the same issue any less stupid in the present...

You know that calling Sony out on an anti-consumer practice doesn’t mean you’re automatically endorsing Microsoft...whom you hate so much...because you identify tribally by the console you bought...because you’re sad.

Not doing crossplay has never at any time been anti-consumer. Not Sony's fault morons went down with the sinking ship at Xbox. They don't owe anyone that doesn't buy their consoles a good time.

LMAO. It is by definition anti-consumer. They owe their own customers the ability to play with friends regardless of system. And they owe them the largest possible player base to reduce wait times, provide max geographic coverage any time day or night, and keep the game going for as long as possible for enthusiasts before it gets shut down due to lack of players.

And they owe developers the same things so that they don't have to incur extra costs and so they keep players as long as they can.

But I don't expect people with more udders than brains to understand that. The anti-consumer part has to do with their own customers, you silly cow.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Even if Sony agreed, Bungie gave PS4 players exclusive content. There would be a divide in the community.

Used to love Bungie, but I hope this studio crashes and burns. They’ve totally lost it.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Sony's so loooonely!

Did you knew that Sony support cross-play with PC?

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#35 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Sony is really pushing MS levels of evil here. How selfish can you be???

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@phbz said:

Guys please stop being mean to Sony with all this crossplay talk! ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Gotta love how the OP says "lets be real here" and doesn't mention how his godny is cock blocking cross play, what a sad cow.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@gamecubepad said:

Sony is really pushing MS levels of evil here. How selfish can you be???

And in regards to this thread what have Sony done exactly?

There is nothing stopping PC and Xbox having cross play and they don't need Sony's approval to do it.

This is a poor attempt at generating interest in the game that's been forgotten by talking about a topic that's been in the news recently.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JoshRMeyer

@Jacanuk: My nephew is 12 and isn't that good. I forget the name of the strike, but we breezed through it until the boss... It's the one that has electrical platforms on it, is cloaked, and teleports. I was maxed out on my gear and we still couldn't beat it with 2 people. I guess when you play a low level, it dumbs down your weapons and gear to match the level.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoshRMeyer

@vfighter: It's not BS... Maybe I'll try again. That's good news if I'm wrong. I've supported Destiny since the first and bought every DLC separate. Fun game, just needs more end game content. I wish they would do a mix of Borderlands with FFXIV ... Sounds dumb, but there's some really good social aspects to FFXIV that would greatly improved Destiny and Borderlands had awesome guns and story/characters.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@joshrmeyer: Exodus Down I think it's called. Hardest and most annoying of all the strikes, so don't feel bad about not beating the boss, it's hard even with three. It has since been removed for improvement, due to all the negative backlash about how ridiculous it was.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I’m surprised that people still play the total failure , Destiny 2

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VFighter

@joshrmeyer: Its bs. I play heroic strikes every week and have yet had the game not be able to find a third player.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JoshRMeyer

@vfighter: I didn't say I have a hard time finding someone on heroic strikes... I said low level.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JoshRMeyer

@hitmanactual: Good... And yeah, rediculous is a good word to describe it lol... I'm gonna have to jump back in and see if it's improved whenever it's back.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@SUD123456 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@nibbin1191 said:

@ProtossRushX:

LMAO. It is by definition anti-consumer. They owe their own customers the ability to play with friends regardless of system. And they owe them the largest possible player base to reduce wait times, provide max geographic coverage any time day or night, and keep the game going for as long as possible for enthusiasts before it gets shut down due to lack of players.

And they owe developers the same things so that they don't have to incur extra costs and so they keep players as long as they can.

But I don't expect people with more udders than brains to understand that. The anti-consumer part has to do with their own customers, you silly cow.

By definition? Who defined this shit? So were you claiming it was anti-consumer back when no one was doing it? No. You weren't. MS is trying to push this for their own benefit. Playstation has PLENTY of gamers to play with. And that do crossplay with PC, genius. That's the point of console gaming, to make your platform appealing enough to where everyone wants to play on it. Screw this kumbaya garbage, it's bad for business. People think crossplatforming with consoles is pro-consumer, but in the end it's anti-competition. It keeps the fanboys of one particular platform from actually purchasing other consoles and keeps them more pigeonholed than ever.

It motivates companies to do things to put their systems out there. The only people pushing for this shit the hardest are bums that don't want to buy Playstations, period. Or just hate Sony in general and want to see their position in the market get weakened. Consoles need their edge, and Sony is telling their Xbox and Nintendo fanboys that want to let down the gates to kiss their ass. Why should they give up their business to non-customers? That's about as stupid as you are.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BenjaminBanklin
@nibbin1191 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

Oh look, someone came along to prove my point about tribalism. Do you also get upset on a personal level by the marmite debate?

Digging your heels in to hinder cross play is anti-consumer by definition.

Hijacking someone’s Epic account is most definitely anti-consumer.

Not my fault you didn't want to buy a Playstation and want to suckle on Sony's teats from outside the box. You're probably a shit online gamer anyway. Sony and Epic should unlock the accounts, and that's it. Crossplay would be stupid for Sony to do. Progression-only or nothing.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

If Xbox users want to play with PS4 users so much just buy a PS4.