Bunch of new The Vanishing of Ethan Carter screens

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#1 Edited by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

Keep in mind these shots are probably heavily compressed since they are apparently taken from the gameplay trailer which will be shown on E3.

Well, it seems our fellow lad Ethan isn't having the best days of his life.

Anyway, it looks good, but not amazing.

Full gallery here.

What do you think?

Avatar image for silversix_
#2 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

2nd pic has dark souls 2 textures lol

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#4 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

So much for the photo realistic impossible to do graphics on consoles hype from hermits on this board. This is what I see happen to a lot pre-release PC games that get closer to realization.

Seriously herms only hyped this for graphics and look at this. And what the hell is going on with the old mans hands? It looks like someone melted candle wax on them. I thought we had advanced beyond the days when all you needed was a plastic coating on the outer layer of the skin of characters to be considered impressive graphics? And what about those rock textures by his feet...lol impressive stuff for sure

I have a strong feeling this game will end up multiplat on PS4/xbone as nothing shown here is something either console should struggle with.

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#5 Posted by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Seriously herms only hyped this for graphics and look at this. And what the hell is going on with the old mans hands? It looks like someone melted candle wax on them. I thought we had advanced beyond the days when all you needed was a plastic coating on the outer layer of the skin of characters to be considered impressive graphics? And what about those rock textures by his feet...lol impressive stuff for sure

I'm not sure if this game was hyped only for the graphics. It did look good on the first screens, but not that good.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#7 Edited by m3dude1 (2244 posts) -

lol i absolutely looooove when the sobering reality of low budget pc exclusives hits.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
#9 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (1550 posts) -

Looks better in motion, except for the characters.


The game will be out on consoles as well.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
#10 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (1550 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@m3dude1: The reality that this low budget pc exclusive blows away consoles in the visuals department? Yea no dout..

When KZ:SF or I:SS don't look that much better being million budget games vs a game made by 3 people with low budget like you said, it's only bad for the super console exclusives.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#11 Posted by m3dude1 (2244 posts) -

lol i still remember the hyping of obviously fake gifs and photos like a month ago. the sobering reality of the cold cold world that is pc exclusive 15$ budget game development hits. awesome

Avatar image for zeeshanhaider
#13 Edited by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

So much for the photo realistic impossible to do graphics on consoles hype from hermits on this board. This is what I see happen to a lot pre-release PC games that get closer to realization.

Seriously herms only hyped this for graphics and look at this. And what the hell is going on with the old mans hands? It looks like someone melted candle wax on them. I thought we had advanced beyond the days when all you needed was a plastic coating on the outer layer of the skin of characters to be considered impressive graphics? And what about those rock textures by his feet...lol impressive stuff for sure

I have a strong feeling this game will end up multiplat on PS4/xbone as nothing shown here is something either console should struggle with.

God, consololites and their begging.

@m3dude1 said:

lol i absolutely looooove when the sobering reality of low budget pc exclusives hits.

I remember the time when dumb, hypocrite consololites mock minecrfat when it was a cheap and boring PC exclusive and now it is always on top of the software sales charts of consololes. It tops even Famous for no shadows, Crapzone: Shadow Fall. The most sold game with 50 million copies to date.

And I also remember consololites making fun of Witcher. Guess what. Witcher 2 pounded all consolole games and Vanishing of Ethan Carter already shits on every 900pStation game. Remain jelly, peasant.

Avatar image for effec_tor
#15 Posted by Effec_Tor (903 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol i absolutely looooove when the sobering reality of low budget pc exclusives hits.

I remember the time when dumb, hypocrite consololites mock minecrfat when it was a cheap and boring PC exclusive and now it is always on top of the software seles charts of consololes. It tops even Famous for no shadows, Crapzone: SHadow Fall and even the consololites. The most sold game with 50 million copies to date.

ANd I also remember consololites making fun of Witcher. Guess what. Witcher 2 punded all consolol games and Vanishing of Eathan Carter already shits on every 900pStation game. Remain jelly, peasant.

That must have left a mark.. lol

Avatar image for sukraj
#16 Posted by sukraj (27268 posts) -

i want this game for the Xbox One.

Avatar image for nethernova
#17 Edited by nethernova (5464 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@m3dude1: But.. that $15 looks better then any $60 game I've seen on consoles. Why is this?

Because your eyes are broken and drip with fanboyism.

Avatar image for lordlors
#18 Posted by lordlors (6124 posts) -

People seem to forget that this is an indie game.

Avatar image for clone01
#19 Posted by clone01 (26996 posts) -

PC game? I hadn't heard of this. Looks cool.

Avatar image for clone01
#20 Posted by clone01 (26996 posts) -

@sukraj said:

i want this game for the Xbox One.

I really miss that about this gen. There were so many great indie titles on PSN/XBL

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#21 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4825 posts) -

Witcher 3 blows this out of the water

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#22 Edited by Ballroompirate (25870 posts) -

I just don't see anything worthwhile about this game.

Avatar image for sukraj
#23 Posted by sukraj (27268 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@sukraj said:

i want this game for the Xbox One.

I really miss that about this gen. There were so many great indie titles on PSN/XBL

I agree lol

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#24 Edited by MBirdy88 (12135 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@m3dude1: The reality that this low budget pc exclusive blows away consoles in the visuals department? Yea no dout..

only it doesnt.... if you look at the video for this game... the animations and the characters are horrible... the only good aspect is the scenery....

hell star citizen doesn't currently look better than Crysis 3 yet people are making out that its the best looking game ever.

people see what they want to see.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#27 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

those character models are all kinds of bad.

The bludgeoning of ethan carter.

Avatar image for Jankarcop
#28 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

Lol an Indy game looks better than 100+million console movie games