Building a comprehensive console library, Xbox One X is your only option! Playstation is obsolete by comparison

• 60 results
Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

tldr; scroll down

Hands down the best backwards compatibility going all the way back to the original Xbox and best forward future compatible and enhanced games are Xbox exclusives! Amazing Xbox games such as Knights of the Old Republic, Morrowind and Ninja Gaiden Black get the awesome 4k treatment and vast improvements all around in performance, loading times ect.

Then you have 360 games that are so damn upgraded they could pass for current gen such as Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, Gears of War(2,3), Forza Horizon, Witcher 2 and many more.

Then you have the current gen games that got the 4K treatment and enhancements such as Forza Horizon 3, Assassin's Creed Origins, Gears of War 4, Shadow of War, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4, Far Cry 5, Minecraft, The Witcher 3 and many more.

Then you have the future games such as Red Dead Redemption 2, the next Elder Scrolls, Cyberpunk 2077 and every future AAA game will be enhanced with the Xbox One X to feature 4k graphics and HDR support.

tldr;

We're talking about a comprehensive console library. This means you can collect and keep your favorite games and they will run much better than they will on any other console. Playstation BC is lol worthy.

These games will get better moving forward. This means when you eventually upgrade to the next gen Xbox, not only will you keep your entire already enhanced game library, this library will be FURTHER ENHANCED with the new Xbox. Meanwhile Playstation doesn't know what it wants, it's waiting to see what they need to copy from Xbox.

Yes Playstation has God of War, Uncharted, The Last of US and Horizon but you have to buy them again every few years with a mild bump up in graphics and the replay value is none, what sh!t.

I predict when the Xbox One X drops down to $299 this black friday it's going to be a feeding frenzy!

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

I predict you are wrong... also if you want bc get a pc you noob...

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

The most laughable part of your shitpost was predicting xbox one x at $299 this bf.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xplode_games

@djoffer said:

I have a gaming PC. The problem is that the gaming PC can't survive in the living room. It resides in my home office. If I want to game in my living room, then I have to either buy an expensive gaming PC for the living room or a console. That's where the most powerful console in the world comes in, the Xbox One X!

Xbox One X is specifically designed to take advantage of a high end 4k living room setup with support for 4k graphics and HDR. Not even a high end PC can do that.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@Xplode_games: Hardwire an HDMI cable, or stream in-home via Steam link. Or use another PC (or Mac) to stream Steam to Steam. Or use your iOS device when the app comes out in a week.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

1st line.

BC.

Nuff said.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

? Nice joke thread

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ni6htmare01  Online
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

This gen is in its 5th year and we are talking about BC, last decade games.. for real. How about talk about current and up coming games.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

*Yawn

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xplode_games

@Basinboy said:

@Xplode_games: Hardwire an HDMI cable, or stream in-home via Steam link. Or use another PC (or Mac) to stream Steam to Steam. Or use your iOS device when the app comes out in a week.

I have a steam link and steam controller. I really dislike the steam controller but I can play with my Xbox controller on steam. It's still very limited because there are constant crashes and problems even though I have a very fast network and my PC has an expensive dual band AC network card.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xplode_games

@ni6htmare01 said:

This gen is in its 5th year and we are talking about BC, last decade games.. for real. How about talk about current and up coming games.

BC doesn't matter? If you believe that then you have no idea what PC gaming is all about. I have massive game libraries on my PC in Steam, Origin, GOG and even some on Amazon.

How long do you wait before throwing out your games? Once they are 6 months old? Do you keep them until one year then throw them out? That's what you are suggesting here right? We have to only play brand new games and wait for future releases. Everything else is worthless, right?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@Basinboy said:

I have a steam link and steam controller. I really dislike the steam controller but I can play with my Xbox controller on steam. It's still very limited because there are constant crashes and problems even though I have a very fast network and my PC has an expensive dual band AC network card.

Then it is your PC then as no one else has these issues.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

We get it...the Xbox is good if you want to stay on a console (instead of a better option of PC gaming) and only play old games as MS isn't creating anything new. Congratulations...you paid $500 for a console to play last gen games.

@Xplode_games said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

BC doesn't matter? If you believe that then you have no idea what PC gaming is all about. I have massive game libraries on my PC in Steam, Origin, GOG and even some on Amazon.

How long do you wait before throwing out your games? Once they are 6 months old? Do you keep them until one year then throw them out? That's what you are suggesting here right? We have to only play brand new games and wait for future releases. Everything else is worthless, right?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ant_17

@Xplode_games said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

I'm confused. Are you shilling the Bone or the PC in this thread?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Xbox is the worst console to own this gen. The pitiful amount of consoles sold supports my statement.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Xplode_games:

1. BC can easily be answered by keeping old consoles like I do. If wanted to play 360 games, I'd play them on the 360! Same with Xbox Original games.

2. Current exclusive games that are being released on Xbox One suck.

I got a better option to having an extensive library. Just BUY EVERYTHING!

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

I blame Kratos for this shitty thread.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Telekill said:

? LMFAO!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@Basinboy said:

You're always better off hardwiring, naturally. I've never tested a Steam link over WiFi but I'm sure you teeter between visual degradation and input lag.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol Exposed_Clown thread

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ant_17

@tigerbalm said:

I blame Kratos for this shitty thread.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#23 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Right, because PS4 doesn't have liquid cooling, and because it doesn't have GTX 1070 performance level like the X1X does, right?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ni6htmare01  Online

@Xplode_games: Ooh yeah.. please name me a gen that BC was in conversation after 5 years.. None because people were busy talking about new games.. So your great Xbox X is a retro console? I see so you guys paid over a thousand dollars with 2 sku and a elite controller just to play old games.. lol.

And if you check my post history you will see that I always say that I don’t give a crap about bc. Never use it before with Ps2,3 and xbox360 and never will with future consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Yeah, sure. New games are by far golden, but some old games could be damn near platinum (KoToR for fucks sake). Depends on what you want...

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xplode_games

@pdogg93 said:

Xbox is the worst console to own this gen. The pitiful amount of consoles sold supports my statement.

You're right and last gen the Wii was the best console to own because it sold the most!

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xplode_games

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Xplode_games:

1. BC can easily be answered by keeping old consoles like I do. If wanted to play 360 games, I'd play them on the 360! Same with Xbox Original games.

2. Current exclusive games that are being released on Xbox One suck.

I got a better option to having an extensive library. Just BUY EVERYTHING!

1. You can keep old consoles around to play old games but damn does that suck balls. It's better to buy a new console that replaces all of your old consoles and the games get significant bumps in performance. You won't admit this because it goes against your biased Sony agenda.

2. I don't think they all suck there just aren't enough of them and definitely not enough great ones but they don't suck. Microsoft definitely needs work on this but it doesn't really matter when third party AAAs run the gaming world at the moment.

I have a better option, admit the truth. Admit it when Xbox does great things and surpasses Playstation by a mile. Too far back to even see in the rear view mirror.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xplode_games

@Basinboy said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Basinboy said:

You're always better off hardwiring, naturally. I've never tested a Steam link over WiFi but I'm sure you teeter between visual degradation and input lag.

That's the issue. There is some input lag and stutters at times and of course if something interferes with the signal then you get big freezes. It's ok but not comparable to hooking a PC or console directly into the TV.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xplode_games

@ni6htmare01 said:

@Xplode_games: Ooh yeah.. please name me a gen that BC was in conversation after 5 years.. None because people were busy talking about new games.. So your great Xbox X is a retro console? I see so you guys paid over a thousand dollars with 2 sku and a elite controller just to play old games.. lol.

And if you check my post history you will see that I always say that I don’t give a crap about bc. Never use it before with Ps2,3 and xbox360 and never will with future consoles.

You're stuck in the past just like Playstation. Console generations are dead as is physical media. The X will play all next gen Xbox games but the PS4 Pro won't play PS5 games.

The next gen Xbox will play all current Xbox games only dramatically ENHANCED. The PS5 will play PS4 games but they will have very limited enhancements if any.

If you want to invest in a comprehensive console gaming library, you would be a fool to go with Playstation. Xbox is thinking forward, Playstation is obsolete thinking.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

You're stuck in the past just like Playstation. Console generations are dead as is physical media. The X will play all next gen Xbox games but the PS4 Pro won't play PS5 games.

The next gen Xbox will play all current Xbox games only dramatically ENHANCED. The PS5 will play PS4 games but they will have very limited enhancements if any.

If you want to invest in a comprehensive console gaming library, you would be a fool to go with Playstation. Xbox is thinking forward, Playstation is obsolete thinking.

That's a nice crystal ball you have there

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ni6htmare01  Online

@Xplode_games: hmm. I didn’t know you work for ms and know what the next Xbox is all about.. can you tell me the spec and it’s name? Lol keep talking about bc I know Xbox is the world most powerful retro console ever created lol

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@Xplode_games: i have my ps3 for psone games and the PS2 games I like are all remastered or avaliable on ps3/4 via ps2 classics, so you failed completely.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@Xplode_games: lol, as if the X would handle the tech behind next box and ps5. Don't be silly, kid, all you're saying is wishful thinking and you're making an effort to try and justify your $500 purchase, you're probably regretting for not having anything exclusive to play and knowing all multiplats are on Sony's platform lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

My response from just the title. "OMG I can just imagine the mess in the OP."

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#36 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Xplode_games:

So because the One is new, I should throw away my 360 and original?? Where is the logic in that? For BC, you gotta WAIT for games to become compatible with the One. But when you have the old consoles lying around, you have zero restrictions! Even the ps2 and ps1 BC is crap compared to keeping the ps2 and actual ps1!

That's not my "Sony biased agenda," I just generally find the concept of BC to be utterly pointless. Unless you never owned the original consoles to begin with. Nothing beats the physical classics! There are too many games you'd miss out on if you relied solely on BC for retro gaming. Especially since there are so many developers who went down under over the years!

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Oh, what were you saying? I was busy compiling a collection of classic games for a fraction of the price on Steam. Free multiplayer and cloud saves, too. And I can uninstall them on one device and reinstall them on another free of charge. Can the Xbone or PS4 do that?

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@djoffer said:

I have a gaming PC. The problem is that the gaming PC can't survive in the living room. It resides in my home office. If I want to game in my living room, then I have to either buy an expensive gaming PC for the living room or a console. That's where the most powerful console in the world comes in, the Xbox One X!

Xbox One X is specifically designed to take advantage of a high end 4k living room setup with support for 4k graphics and HDR. Not even a high end PC can do that.

I tried to take my PC into the living room, and it immediately exploded.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Filthy lemmings have to resort to touting BC because they have garbage exclusives and nothing in the foreseeable future to get excited about.

What a joke

TLHBO

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Xplode_games: So keeping older consoles and games isn't possible in your world?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

The Xbox now has the most powerful Console, Best Online, great controllers, Best Backward Compatibility in gaming, Best Services, and Improved U.I making it one of the best in Consoles. Now waiting on the First Party Exclusives.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

Disappointed, because there is no "easy" in title.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

You know things are bad on your console when half of your OP is about games from a previous generation.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Everyone remember the days when cows used to bash rumble because the PS3 originally didn't have it?

And now its BC. BC is terrible... until the PS5 has it LOL

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The Xbox now has the most powerful Console, Best Online, great controllers, Best Backward Compatibility in gaming, Best Services, and Improved U.I making it one of the best in Consoles. Now waiting on the First Party Exclusives.

And that is the issue.

It took how long for One to get those features?

People buy consoles to play games first, that other stuff is a bonus.

The first 1-2 years, Xbox was kicking PS4s butt in terms of exclusives.

It has been mostly downhill from there.

I love my Xbox One X, but I dont have many exclusive games to play that are must-haves.

Hopefully E3 changes this, Spencer has been at the helm long enough.

I give them (Xbox One) a pass for all of the problems at launch and before Spencer.

All of the idiots in charge were former business executives with little to no sense of what the gaming business or community is like.

Spencer is a gamer and has made a ton of positive moves.

He needs to show exclusive games at E3. NEW games, not sequels

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

Neither the Xbox One nor PS4 is anywhere near “comprehensive.”

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@Telekill said:

What the. Where did you get that? lol

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ni6htmare01  Online

@RR360DD: never said bc is terrible, just something that I don’t give a shit about. If PS5 has it cool. If PS5 doesn’t have it, cool. Not something I’ll use or pay attention to just like those old video and audio out port.. they are there but I never care lol.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@djoffer said:

I feel like I've gone back in time.

Just because one is easier than the other, does not make it overall better.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

@RR360DD: never said bc is terrible, just something that I don’t give a shit about. If PS5 has it cool. If PS5 doesn’t have it, cool. Not something I’ll use or pay attention to just like those old video and audio out port.. they are there but I never care lol.

Same. At most I only care because others may find benefit. Personally. meh.