Bubsy Switch release date announced... Who asked for this?

#1 Edited by nintendoboy16 (36469 posts) -

Nintendo Everything

Bubsy: Paws on Fire! was originally planned for release on Switch back in May. The game ended up being delayed on Nintendo’s console, but now has a new release date. Accolade and Choice Provisions will release Bubsy: Paws on Fire! for Switch on August 29.

Simple question:

No really, who among Switch port begging circles asked for this?

#2 Edited by DaVillain- (37489 posts) -

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back wasn't that bad at all when I play it on GoG, it's the least of my favorite Bubsy series but still, I personally like it. I actually enjoyed the first Bubsy on SNES back in the day. Fun gameplay and nice music.

As for Bubsy: Paws on Fire, I'll wait for reviews before I purchase this of course.

@nintendoboy16 said:

No really, who among Switch port begging circles asked for this?

Nobody, nobody at all, especially after the previous game. They are attempting to force it at this rate. I kinda wonder if perhaps they either paid too much for the Bubsy licenses and/or they are required to make a certain amount of games when they got it as the reason they are making another.... and an endless runner no less.

I mean, the first game considering it's advertising was clearly attempting to sell itself on the recent Bubsy meme.... a meme that had become dead and stopped being funny by the time the game was announced and now, they are clearly attempting to scrape the utter bottom of the barrel to hope something from that dead meme lets them cash in, one of the characters in the new one is even someone who only appeared in that un-aired Bubsy cartoon pilot, they are really tossing everything at the wall to see what sticks at this point. All that said, I consider Bubsy a hit or a miss.

#3 Posted by pmanden (687 posts) -

Bubsy has never been a hit. He has tried since the 90s to become the new Mario/Sonic mascot but failed.

#4 Edited by Planeforger (18069 posts) -

I liked the original Bubsy on the SNES, but I probably wouldn't play a new one.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (34332 posts) -

He's gonna say wacky things.

#6 Posted by DocSanchez (5324 posts) -

There will be 'tude.

Is this the one where Bubsy gets put through a meat grinder and everyone has a party? No? Then I'll pass on it.

#7 Posted by AJuiceMatts (52 posts) -

who asked for Knack 2?

Nuts and Bolts?

#8 Posted by Speeny (1879 posts) -

I played the sequel on SNES. But, as for the the newest one that was released...it seemed pretty crap. Wouldn't play this either.

#9 Posted by Robbie23 (381 posts) -

I'm buying a switch just for bubsy and when I beat the game I'm going to sell my switch.

#10 Posted by DocSanchez (5324 posts) -

I'm still reeling because a magazine (Might have been Mean Machines Sega, I bought it a lot back in the day) had the TEMERITY to give Bubsy 2 an 88%. MORE than Castlevania The New Generation.

#11 Edited by nintendoboy16 (36469 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

I'm still reeling because a magazine (Might have been Mean Machines Sega, I bought it a lot back in the day) had the TEMERITY to give Bubsy 2 an 88%. MORE than Castlevania The New Generation.

I remember when YouTube reviewer NitroRad noted that a PlayStation publication did something similar with Bubsy 3D. lol

EDIT: And a 93% too. Holy f***!

Loading Video...

#12 Edited by sakaiXx (5902 posts) -

Perfect for switch. Had 3rd party AAA games released on switch nobody will buy them, indies has better chance.

#13 Edited by pelvist (7425 posts) -

/Shrug

Probably the same people that wanted Spyro and Crash back asked for it.

#14 Edited by nintendoboy16 (36469 posts) -
@pelvist said:

/Shrug

At least Spyro and Crash had a positive legacy to remember. Something that can't be said about Bubsy.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#15 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4869 posts) -

Uh huh. And then we'll find out the Switch version sold a half million copies later.

#16 Posted by DocSanchez (5324 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:
@DocSanchez said:

I remember when YouTube reviewer NitroRad noted that a PlayStation publication did something similar with Bubsy 3D. lol

EDIT: And a 93% too. Holy f***!

Loading Video...

I can only assume bribery was involved. There isn't a case to be made in this instance for people enjoying different things.

#17 Posted by pelvist (7425 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:
@pelvist said:

/Shrug

At least Spyro and Crash had a positive legacy to remember. Something that can't be said about Bubsy.

If you say so.

#18 Posted by madsnakehhh (16426 posts) -

I saw this on their features list "Three different boss battles!" ... this is all you need to know about this poor attempt to bring back a mediocre character, this should stay dead.

#19 Posted by Raining51 (1142 posts) -

I didn't but I'm not really disappointed Bubsy was a fun platformer for the time and with sme updates it could work well for today also.