Broforce is excellent - agreed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

I originally became interested in this game when it was announced for Vita, but ended up getting it on PC. The Vita version got canceled and apparently the PS4 version has technical issues. But man, this game is great and a whole lot of fun. It's $5.99 on Steam this weekend. I highly recommend it. What are your thoughts on this game, SW? Have you played it?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

It's better than Uncharted 4.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

nuff said XD.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

lol , .... joking aside they're both great games

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I'd love to play it but the devs had to make that excuse that it wouldn't come to X1 because of the parity clause, even though MS themselves has said the developer didn't even contact them and the clause had nothing to do with it not coming to X1. Ugh Damn their laziness.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Never played it

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#7 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Agreed.

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

last level on ps4 in local co-op was like 10 frames lol

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@uninspiredcup: that damage control

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

I've heard nothing but good things.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Agreed.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

It is fun for a bit.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

In co-op it's an absolute blast, no pun intended, thanks to the whole breaking through the level mechanic. The boss fights are inspired enough and the game doesn't overstay its welcome so I had a great time with it, even on PS4.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

It's a great game. Could have been even better if it had less bugs, though.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: agreed, in 1985

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Yes i agree.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PAL360
@commander said:

You probably weren't born in 1985, so how would you know?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 commander

@PAL360 said:
@commander said:

You probably weren't born in 1985, so how would you know?

I was playing this in 1985

Loading Video...

I was actually quite good at it too, so no, I was born before 1985, I'm actually born in the seventies.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PAL360

@commander:

Cool, but it's not very common to see mature people bashing pixelart games because of their tech graphics and art direction.

2D low budget games can be as good as 3D AAA ones, and Broforce is easily one of them.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By commander

@PAL360 said:

@commander:

Cool, but it's not very common to see mature people bashing pixelart games because of their tech graphics and art direction.

2D low budget games can be as good as 3D AAA ones, and Broforce is easily one of them.

Well, I've always been a hardcore gamer and in the mid nineties I took a break from gaming. Partly because I started to going out but especially because gaming was in a transition to the 3d era.

I know it was the era of the ps1 but to me at that time 3d games were not good enough to be viable, those games looked ugly as sin compared to 2d games. I was also fed up with 2d games because I played so many of them, that I actually quit playing games all together for a while. All I did play was some party games like micro machines with some friends.

So yeah to me a 2d game can be good for nostalgia, but new 2D games? You have to be quite original because I played hundreds of them. But it's more than that, in the past we were always looking for better graphics and we still do now too of course, but back then that feeling was much stronger, since a lot of games looked downright ugly.

So for me looking at a game like this, it's like going back in time without any nostalgia, so no even for 5$ this game isn't worth my time.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PAL360
@commander said:
@PAL360 said:

@commander:

Well, I've always been a hardcore gamer and in the mid nineties I took a break from gaming. This wasn't the only time I took a break from gaming but then I took a break partly because I started to going out but especially because gaming was in a transition to the 3d era.

I know it was the era of the ps1 but to me at that time 3d games were not good enough to be viable, those games looked ugly as sin compared to 2d games, but I was so fed up with 2d games because I played so many of them, that I actually quit playing games all together for a while. All I did play was some party games like micro machines with some friends.

So yeah to me a 2d game can be good for nostalgia, but new 2D games? You have to be quite original because I played hundreds of them. It's different with 3d games, 3d games are so much more complex that we haven't seen the end of it yet.

But I do get fed up with a lot of 3d games as well of course, because been there done that. It's the older mans curse, but I'm lucky I'm living in a time where things change and progress all the time.

I agree with some of your points. Visually i do prefer 2D games over early 3D ones, and yes Micromachines was amazing with friends, but i completly disagree when you say that by current standards 2D games are good because of nostalgia.

There are amazing 2D games by current standards, and this new indie trend just came to prove it. Sure, many of them are old classic genres (and it's good to have them back), but we also see lots of unique ones and new ideas. On the top of it, adding indie games to the mix doesn't stop AAA ones from coming at a daily basis.

We do live in an awesome era for gaming, and one of the reasons is the massive diversity we have seen this generation, again, mostly due to all these indies.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Already played and beat it.

I love the movie references to classic films I've seen/own.

The PS4 glitches were fixed, but I beat it before the fix.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

I'd love to play it but the devs had to make that excuse that it wouldn't come to X1 because of the parity clause, even though MS themselves has said the developer didn't even contact them and the clause had nothing to do with it not coming to X1. Ugh Damn their laziness.

So get it on your PS4...

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FinalFighters

Agreed.

played it on PS4 and loved it but the constant slowdown when things got hectic on screen was annoying. plus for some reason my controller would stop working for about a few seconds in the start of each level making my character unplayable, So i stop playing it on PS4 and just bought the PC version.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SolidTy

@FinalFighters said:

Agreed.

played it on PS4 and loved it but the constant slowdown when things got hectic on screen was annoying. plus for some reason my controller would stop working for about a few seconds in the start of each level making my character unplayable, So i stop playing it on PS4 and just bought the PC version.

Yes, I beat the game with that odd glitch 1 second glitch at the beginning of each level, but it's been patched/fixed now.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

On sale on Steam? Hmm, I don't usually get games for my computer since it lacks power but surely it can't run any worse on my laptop that it does on the PS4... did they seriously not fix the PS4 port yet?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SolidTy

@lamprey263 said:

On sale on Steam? Hmm, I don't usually get games for my computer since it lacks power but surely it can't run any worse on my laptop that it does on the PS4... did they seriously not fix the PS4 port yet?

Yes, they fixed the PS+ freebie Broforce port, but people are commenting on their experiences pre-patch when it was brand new to PS4, and like me, they played PS+ Broforce before the patch fixed the issues.

I pushed through and completed the game with the hiccups for the hilarious movie references.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FinalFighters

@SolidTy said:
@FinalFighters said:

Agreed.

Yes, I beat the game with that odd glitch 1 second glitch at the beginning of each level, but it's been patched/fixed now.

Ohh, see i didnt know they patched it. thanks for telling me. i loved this game so i'll give it another play through on the PS4 this time.

Who was your favorite movie tie-in character, solid? mine was Bro dredd and Brobocop (lol)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#30 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

It;s incredible on pc. YEAH BRO!!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SolidTy

@FinalFighters said:
@SolidTy said:
@FinalFighters said:

Agreed.

Ohh, see i didnt know they patched it. thanks for telling me. i loved this game so i'll give it another play through on the PS4 this time.

Who was your favorite movie tie-in character, solid? mine was Bro dredd and Brobocop (lol)

I loved all of them, honestly. I'd seen all of the movie characters, but those two are great for sure.

I also liked Broniversal Soldier, Brominator, Mr. Anderbro, Ellen Ripbro, Ash Brolliams, Time Bro, Bronan the Brobarian, Boondock Bros, and Double Bro Seven.

My favorite of all though was probably Snake Broskin (of course, lol), but in terms of gameplay, I enjoyed playing Mr. Anderbro and The Boondock Bros the most.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

@SolidTy: that's good to know, I never heard any news after its launch on PS4, kind of shit way to release a game I've been waiting forever for its console debut

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I got it for "free" on PS4, does it still run at 15 FPS?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I found the second half kind of boring. But yeah overall it's a lot of fun.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Yep, bought it on sale and it's both fun and hilarious.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i refuse to waste my time on indie trash with NES gfx and gameplay when i have stuff like DS3 and uncharted 4 to play

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

It's ok, but the execution with the way they handled player unlocks and selecting characters should have been much better. Gameplay is solid.