Bravely Defualt For the Sequel announced for Overseas!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Well remember when there was an announced enhanced remake for Bravely Default in Japan? Well according to a source in the article below, it seems the overseas editions will be the enhanced version! That explains why the localization process is extending to 2014. ;) great news http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/02/bravely-defaults-western-release-will-be-based-on-for-the-sequel/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

Great news! Now we know why it took so long in the first place. 

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Awesome news!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Awesome stuff, so it has all the expanded content and everything!
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Awesome, now how about a release date?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

that cool for those who are interested. Since it would suck for people to get the older version. im personally not interested in the game.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bbkkristian

that cool for those who are interested. Since it would suck for people to get the older version. im personally not interested in the game.

finalfantasy94
Hmm... I'm surprised, this is more Final Fantasy than both FFXV And FFXIII.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Good for those looking forward to the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Also confirmed that it will have dual audio options Man, they're doing everything right with this game, aren't they?
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Also confirmed that it will have dual audio options Man, they're doing everything right with this game, aren't they?

That is surprising. Wait, is this game voiced?
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Also confirmed that it will have dual audio options Man, they're doing everything right with this game, aren't they?

I wouldn't count of that.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Also confirmed that it will have dual audio options Man, they're doing everything right with this game, aren't they?

The glass is always half-empty for you, huh? You're always so pessimistic.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Also confirmed that it will have dual audio options Man, they're doing everything right with this game, aren't they?

The glass is always half-empty for you, huh?

It's called being realistic. Nintendo is not known for dual audio and neither is SE. If it was someone like NIS localizing the game it'll be different.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I wouldn't count of that.

It's called being realistic. Nintendo is not known for dual audio and neither is SE. If it was someone like NIS localizing the game it'll be different.

I'm talking about in general. Rarely have I seen you post about something you actually look forward to or show an ounce of optimism.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"] The glass is always half-empty for you, huh?

I'm talking about in general. Rarely have I seen you post about something you actually look forward to or show an ounce of optimism.

Does that bother you or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

That is surprising. Wait, is this game voiced?bbkkristian

Yes, and yeah, I was surprised too, but this isn't as big of a deal considering they announced the Japanese version would have English audio.

I wouldn't count of that. FlamesOfGrey

They confirmed it

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] It's called being realistic. Nintendo is not known for dual audio and neither is SE. If it was someone like NIS localizing the game it'll be different.

Does that bother you or something?

It makes me think you don't have a soul.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I wouldn't count of that.

Really, Nintendo isn't known for dual audio? Fire Emblem: Awakening had it.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

bbkkristian

I personally hate the artstyle alot. Also after playing FF4 idk if I want something similer to oldschool FF type of combat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

I personally hate the artstyle alot. Also after playing FF4 idk if I want something similer to that type of combat.

This combat is not like Final Fantasy IV, it's more like Final Fantasy V. It uses a similar job system too, IIRC.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] Hmm... I'm surprised, this is more Final Fantasy than both FFXV And FFXIII.charizard1605

I personally hate the artstyle alot. Also after playing FF4 idk if I want something similer to that type of combat.

This combat is not like Final Fantasy IV, it's more like Final Fantasy V. It uses a similar job system too, IIRC.

I still dont get why it looks like FF3,FF4 remake from ds. Those games imo were eye bleeding ugly. I hate the look of the character models. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

I still dont get why it looks like FF3,FF4 remake from ds. Those games imo were eye bleeding ugly. I hate the look of the character models. 

But it doesn't :? It's highly stylized, unlike Final Fantasy IV DS which was trying to go for a realistic look on the most 3D challenged hardware on the market.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"] The glass is always half-empty for you, huh?

One of the Operation Rainfall RPGs I forget which had DA as well and still generally neither Nintendo nor SE RPGs have DA outside of Japan. How many other Nintendo or SE games have DA?
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] This combat is not like Final Fantasy IV, it's more like Final Fantasy V. It uses a similar job system too, IIRC.charizard1605

But it doesn't :? It's highly stylized, unlike Final Fantasy IV DS which was trying to go for a realistic look on the most 3D challenged hardware on the market.

I just relooked and yea the characters models look the same. It looks ugly as sin.The backgrounds look ok at best.This game is not pleaseing to my eyes.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#26 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
It's called For the Sequel. Wuh
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]It's called For the Sequel. Wuh

Totally confusing, I know, but that's the name in Japan for its enhanced version.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

So more than 100 new features which include:

• New System - Following the Brave & Default style of battle offered in the original game, this game is equipped with a new battle system from the sequel currently in development.
  • Updated User Interface - A complete UI overhaul. Compatibility between jobs and equipped items can be seen on the equip screen, for example.
  • Enhanced Battle Tempo - Thanks to minute adjustments made to motion and effect, the speed of battles has increased. With replay available at up to four times normal speed, the pace of battle has dramatically increased. Once the auto input function is activated, commands that you entered during your previous turn will repeat automatically. Leveling up and battling foes with higher levels is now easier than ever.
  • Event Viewer - Scenes that have already taken place can be replayed any time during the game.
  • Multiple Language Options - Voices in Japanese and English, and text in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
  • Bravely Default Data Compatibility Import your data from the original game. Choose to transfer your level, jobs, job level, money, items, Genome abilities, and D-Notebook.
  • More Save Slots - The original game only had one save slot. For the Sequel offers three.
  • More Configuration - Configure more options, such as difficulty settings and enemy counter rate.
  • Better Town Graphics - In order to give the player a better feel for the character and charm of towns, town maps have been redrawn.
  • Improved Party Chat - Characters who lacked variety in the original game now have facial expressions. Designed to match the flow of conversation, characters will reveal their emotions.
  • Chapters 7 and 8 Revisions - The episodes and battle events about the Asterisk holders have been expanded.

source: http://gematsu.com/2013/09/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-has-over-100-improvements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] It's called being realistic. Nintendo is not known for dual audio and neither is SE. If it was someone like NIS localizing the game it'll be different.

One of the Operation Rainfall RPGs I forget which had DA as well and still generally neither Nintendo nor SE RPGs have DA outside of Japan. How many other Nintendo or SE games have DA?

That was Xenoblade. So basically every major JRPG Nintendo has released in the last three years (a grand total of two- Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade) has had Dual Audio, and now Bravely Default will as well. I certainly think that's the start of a new trend.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bbkkristian

• New System - Following the Brave & Default style of battle offered in the original game, this game is equipped with a new battle system from the sequel currently in development.
  • Updated User Interface - A complete UI overhaul. Compatibility between jobs and equipped items can be seen on the equip screen, for example.
  • Enhanced Battle Tempo - Thanks to minute adjustments made to motion and effect, the speed of battles has increased. With replay available at up to four times normal speed, the pace of battle has dramatically increased. Once the auto input function is activated, commands that you entered during your previous turn will repeat automatically. Leveling up and battling foes with higher levels is now easier than ever.
  • Event Viewer - Scenes that have already taken place can be replayed any time during the game.
  • Multiple Language Options - Voices in Japanese and English, and text in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
  • Bravely Default Data Compatibility Import your data from the original game. Choose to transfer your level, jobs, job level, money, items, Genome abilities, and D-Notebook.
  • More Save Slots - The original game only had one save slot. For the Sequel offers three.
  • More Configuration - Configure more options, such as difficulty settings and enemy counter rate.
  • Better Town Graphics - In order to give the player a better feel for the character and charm of towns, town maps have been redrawn.
  • Improved Party Chat - Characters who lacked variety in the original game now have facial expressions. Designed to match the flow of conversation, characters will reveal their emotions.
  • Chapters 7 and 8 Revisions - The episodes and battle events about the Asterisk holders have been expanded.

source: http://gematsu.com/2013/09/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-has-over-100-improvements

laus_basic
Hype = off charts.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Really, Nintendo isn't known for dual audio? Fire Emblem: Awakening had it.

That was Xenoblade. So basically every major JRPG Nintendo has released in the last three years (a grand total of two- Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade) has had Dual Audio, and now Bravely Default will as well. I certainly think that's the start of a new trend.

It could be we'll see if Nintendo keeps that up. Glad you got DA for this game confirmed though.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

Coming to a 3DS near you in 2029!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Vaasman
2014 release date, brah
It could be we'll see if Nintendo keeps that up. Glad you got DA for this game confirmed though.FlamesOfGrey
Yeah, hopefully they keep this up with their Wii U RPGs as well.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bbkkristian

Vaasman
This isn't Final Fantasy XV.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalfantasy94

Vaasman

If the title was FF then yea lol.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

bbkkristian

This isn't Final Fantasy XV.

Not yet it isn't.

2014 release date, brah charizard1605
Sure, with no quarter. They might as well say 20never for all that's worth.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FlamesOfGrey
One thing I find weird is that Square-Enix is not currently localizing anything for the 3DS. I own a lot of import 3DS games from SE and yet after what Theatrhythm FF they haven't been localizing anything.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bbkkristian
One thing I find weird is that Square-Enix is not currently localizing anything for the 3DS. I own a lot of import 3DS games from SE and yet after what Theatrhythm FF they haven't been localizing anything.FlamesOfGrey
SE isn't localizing anything for handhelds, asides from mobile. Edit: and FFX
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]One thing I find weird is that Square-Enix is not currently localizing anything for the 3DS. I own a lot of import 3DS games from SE and yet after what Theatrhythm FF they haven't been localizing anything.bbkkristian
SE isn't localizing anything for handhelds, asides from mobile.

They actually said that?
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]One thing I find weird is that Square-Enix is not currently localizing anything for the 3DS. I own a lot of import 3DS games from SE and yet after what Theatrhythm FF they haven't been localizing anything.FlamesOfGrey
SE isn't localizing anything for handhelds, asides from mobile.

They actually said that?

No, but from their Gamescom presentations and e3, the only game they had on any handheld asides from mobile was Final Fantasy X HD.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"] SE isn't localizing anything for handhelds, asides from mobile.

They actually said that?

No, but from their Gamescom presentations and e3, the only game they had on any handheld asides from mobile was Final Fantasy X HD.

I guess Nintendo will have to pick and choose what to bring over from them then. I did hear Nintendo chose BD over DQ VII for localization.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] They actually said that?

I guess Nintendo will have to pick and choose what to bring over from them then. I did hear Nintendo chose BD over DQ VII for localization.

Yeah, apparently it was a budget thing. I hope they do bring DQ7 over here sometime as well, though.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Excellent, looks fun.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Psyched! I've really been looking forward to this.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

That is great news that we are going to get the updated/complete version. I just hope they can stay within the 2014 window now that they have a clear goal as to what is happening. 

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts
Makes me even more excited to get this game.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Me and Loosey will be sharing that bottle of wine he opened some months ago.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Game looks great. Look forward to it.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

laus_basic
I will bravely default this day 0.