Bravely Default 2 being developed?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

And here we are, still waiting and hoping for the first game's localization announcement.

Anyway, NeoGAF has found indication of a sequel to the breakout 3DS hit beng in development.

The only platform mentioned is 3DS, although why not just go the whole hog, and make it multiplatform with the Vita too?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504604

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Has the game even been released yet?

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Has the game even been released yet?

LegatoSkyheart

Yeah, in Japan.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
*insert easily predictable rant about Square Enix*
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts
@above: here you go At this point, I don't think anyone understands Square Enix mindset. Versus 13 and Kingdom Hearts 3 would make them tons of money yet they decide to focus on milking lightning from 13. bravely default looks good, I want it here but again, this is SE, nobody knows what the hell they are thinking
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@above: here you go At this point, I don't think anyone understands Square Enix mindset. Versus 13 and Kingdom Hearts 3 would make them tons of money yet they decide to focus on milking lightning from 13. bravely default looks good, I want it here but again, this is SE, nobody knows what the hell they are thinkingfueled-system

at this point, they're litterally just forcing Final Fantasy 13 at our faces begging us to like it.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Still waiting on the first one to be localized :|

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]@above: here you go At this point, I don't think anyone understands Square Enix mindset. Versus 13 and Kingdom Hearts 3 would make them tons of money yet they decide to focus on milking lightning from 13. bravely default looks good, I want it here but again, this is SE, nobody knows what the hell they are thinkingLegatoSkyheart

at this point, they're litterally just forcing Final Fantasy 13 at our faces begging us to like it.

I think if XIII-2's sales were any indication, alot of people did like it.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]@above: here you go At this point, I don't think anyone understands Square Enix mindset. Versus 13 and Kingdom Hearts 3 would make them tons of money yet they decide to focus on milking lightning from 13. bravely default looks good, I want it here but again, this is SE, nobody knows what the hell they are thinkingGD1551

Didn't XIII-2 sell considerably less than the other games in the series?

Also, console Final Fantasy games are always going to have good sales due to the franchise's immense brand power.

That's not to say nobody liked FFXIII, but honestly, I've never see so much hate thrown at an FF title.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Still waiting on the first one to be localized :|

guard12
BELIEVE!
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

GreySeal9

Didn't XIII-2 sell considerably less than the other games in the series?

Also, console Final Fantasy games are always going to have good sales due to the franchise's immense brand power.

That's not to say nobody liked FFXIII, but honestly, I've never see so much hate thrown at an FF title.

I dunno, didn't it do over 2 million? I'm not sure what counts as good sales for a FF game.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

they didint even bring over type-0 and thats a game with final fantasy in the title. i have no clue what they are thinking when it comes to bringing stuff over.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Bad news: This series might not get localized. Good News: Profesor Layton v Phoenix Wright might.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]@above: here you go At this point, I don't think anyone understands Square Enix mindset. Versus 13 and Kingdom Hearts 3 would make them tons of money yet they decide to focus on milking lightning from 13. bravely default looks good, I want it here but again, this is SE, nobody knows what the hell they are thinkingGD1551

Well, XIII-2 bombed, so...
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Bad news: This series might not get localized. Good News: Profesor Layton v Phoenix Wright might.SonicNextGen2
I'll take that trade-off.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"]Bad news: This series might not get localized. Good News: Profesor Layton v Phoenix Wright might.OreoMilkshake

I'll take that trade-off.

As good as Braverly Default looks, I will too.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Hopwfully Bravely Default 1 gets localized with the below petition first and then we can talk about the sequel

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation-brave-square-enix-bring-bravely-default-flying-fairy-to-the-west

Also would be terrible if they brough the sequel without BD1

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

charizard1605

Over a million is considered bombing for this series? I actually have no idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Yeah. XIII did like 10 million units worldwide. 8 million is par for the course. XIII-2 was the first mainline Final Fantasy game that could not even break a million units sold in Japan, and barely cracked 2 million worldwide. People rejected it. It was a good game, but people rejected it. They don't want any more of the Final Fantasy XIII universe.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Well, XIII-2 bombed, so...charizard1605

Yeah. XIII did like 10 million units worldwide. 8 million is par for the course. XIII-2 was the first mainline Final Fantasy game that could not even break a million units sold in Japan, and barely cracked 2 million worldwide. People rejected it. It was a good game, but people rejected it. They don't want any more of the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

I can see why. I actually thought FXIII was decent (tho not up to series standards; didn't play XIII-2 since I think it looks kind of bad), but there's something not quite "right" about the FFXIII universe. It's pretty and and visually imaginative, but it also feels sterile and synthetic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

GreySeal9

I can see why. I actually thought FXIII was decent (tho not up to series standards; didn't play XIII-2 since I think it looks kind of bad), but there's something not quite "right" about the FFXIII universe. It's pretty and and visually imaginative, but it also feels sterile and synthetic.

XIII-2 is actually great, but the universe itself is... off.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yeah. XIII did like 10 million units worldwide. 8 million is par for the course. XIII-2 was the first mainline Final Fantasy game that could not even break a million units sold in Japan, and barely cracked 2 million worldwide. People rejected it. It was a good game, but people rejected it. They don't want any more of the Final Fantasy XIII universe.charizard1605

Yeah, there's something tacky about it.

But anyway, just out of curiosity, what do you like about FFXIII-2?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

Mostly I liked that they improved on the battle system (which I liked in the original) and they removed the linearity of the original game, which was, barring the characterization (which still sucks, incidentally), my biggest complaint.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]XIII-2 is actually great, but the universe itself is... off.charizard1605

Mostly I liked that they improved on the battle system (which I liked in the original) and they removed the linearity of the original game, which was, barring the characterization (which still sucks, incidentally), my biggest complaint.

It does look like they give you a substantial amount of stuff to do and more exploration, but what I was concerned about was that the effort to make the game non-linear would result in a story that is ass (ala FFX-2). And honestly, the story is mainly what looked really bad to me. What do you think of the story?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

GreySeal9

It does look like they give you a substantial amount of stuff to do and more exploration, but what I was concerned about was that the effort to make the game non-linear would result in a story that is ass (ala FFX-2). And honestly, the story is mainly what looked really bad to me. What do you think of the story?

After the first fifty minutes of trying to make head or tail of it and failing, I gave up on it. Biggest mess for the series as far as story is concerned.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Mostly I liked that they improved on the battle system (which I liked in the original) and they removed the linearity of the original game, which was, barring the characterization (which still sucks, incidentally), my biggest complaint.charizard1605

After the first fifty minutes of trying to make head or tail of it and failing, I gave up on it. Biggest mess for the series as far as story is concerned.

That's what I suspected. Oh well. I guess the game seems to have its fair share of redeaming qualities for those who can overlook that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

GreySeal9

That's what I suspected. Oh well. I guess the game seems to have its fair share of redeaming qualities for those who can overlook that.

Yeah, the gameplay is great. The battle system in XIII was excellent, and it came into its own in XIII-2.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] After the first fifty minutes of trying to make head or tail of it and failing, I gave up on it. Biggest mess for the series as far as story is concerned.charizard1605

Yeah, the gameplay is great. The battle system in XIII was excellent, and it came into its own in XIII-2.

I liked the battle system in XIII as well. Alot of people hated the auto-battle, but I liked the focus on big picture strategy rather than the second-to-second details (tho I do like the traditional battle systems as well). Honestly, I liked the XIII system better than XII's even tho XII was better in every other category expect for maybe art design where the games are more or less tied IMO.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 loosingENDS

GreySeal9

I liked the battle system in XIII as well. Alot of people hated the auto-battle, but I liked the focus on big picture strategy rather than the second-to-second details (tho I do like the traditional battle systems as well). Honestly, I liked the XIII system better than XII's even tho XII was better in every other category expect for maybe art design where the games are more or less tied IMO.

FF13 strategic thinking lasted about 5 minutes overall, the combat was extremely simplistic really

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yeah, the gameplay is great. The battle system in XIII was excellent, and it came into its own in XIII-2.loosingENDS

FF13 strategic thinking lasted about 5 minutes overall, the combat was extremely simplistic really

You have a 3DS, and you like RPGs, right?
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Well, XIII-2 bombed, so...charizard1605

They shipped 3.4 million in July, just sayin.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Vita too please

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

crimsonman1245

Cool, 3.4 million units worldwide! Only a 66% drop from XIII's sales, I'm sure that's so much better.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yeah. XIII did like 10 million units worldwide. 8 million is par for the course. XIII-2 was the first mainline Final Fantasy game that could not even break a million units sold in Japan, and barely cracked 2 million worldwide. People rejected it. It was a good game, but people rejected it. They don't want any more of the Final Fantasy XIII universe.charizard1605

Cool, 3.4 million units worldwide! Only a 66% drop from XIII's sales, I'm sure that's so much better.

The other sequels and spinoffs are the same way, they dont come anywhere near the sales of the main series, its not realistic to compare the sales numbers to those games.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 loosingENDS

Vita too please

finalstar2007

I would just like to have it on US/Europe, i owuld buy any system to play this one instantly

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

And here we are, still waiting and hoping for the first game's localization announcement.

Anyway, NeoGAF has found indication of a sequel to the breakout 3DS hit beng in development.

The only platform mentioned is 3DS, although why not just go the whole hog, and make it multiplatform with the Vita too?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504604

charizard1605
Japan doesn't care about the Vita. So making all these JRPGs exclusive to a system that's taking japan by storm makes sense.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Love it when they do make good JRPGs the give the western audience the middle finger, but when they make crappy JRPGs they flood them over here. It's like the worst foreplay ever.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Where's TWEWY2 SE!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:evil:

In regards to BD I want to believe the first one will come over, but if there is already talks about a second one without official word of first one coming to NA. I guess we'll find out.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 loosingENDS

Love it when they do make good JRPGs the give the western audience the middle finger, but when they make crappy JRPGs they flood them over here. It's like the worst foreplay ever.

Ballroompirate

Indeed, we get flashy special editions of the crap FF13 series and when a real amazing and unique in art RPG comes around, they act like we dont exist

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

charizard1605

I mainly bought a 3DS for Bravely Default (and the 160$ discount :) )

I have a blast with Zelda OOT, but Bravely Default was the major reason i got it

And surly, i mostly play RPGs and adventures

Also i like artistic 2D games a huge lot, FF9 for example is still my top game of all time and Bravely Default reminds me of FF9 a lot

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loosingENDS

Hopwfully Bravely Default 1 gets localized with the below petition first and then we can talk about the sequel

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation-brave-square-enix-bring-bravely-default-flying-fairy-to-the-west

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
SE should just make an official statement regarding localization of the series. It's horrible enough that people will get FF13 : lightning returns again before we get the first Bravely Default.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 loosingENDS

SE should just make an official statement regarding localization of the series. It's horrible enough that people will get FF13 : lightning returns again before we get the first Bravely Default. King_Dodongo

If we ever actually do get Bravely Default

If they plan a sequel, chances are we will never get either of them

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Jeez there is so much stuff out in Japan that I want brought over. :cry:

Animal Crossing, Bravely Default, Project X Zone are a few that come to mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

I have a blast with Zelda OOT, but Bravely Default was the major reason i got it

Also i like artistic 2D games a huge lot, FF9 for example is still my top game of all time and Bravely Default reminds me of FF9 a lot

You should get Crimson Shroud. It's by the maker of Final Fantasy Tactics and The Vagrant Story, it's on the eShop. and it's only $8. It's a great old school JRPG that you should like.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] You have a 3DS, and you like RPGs, right?charizard1605

You should get Crimson Shroud. It's by the maker of Final Fantasy Tactics and The Vagrant Story, it's on the eShop. and it's only $8. It's a great old school JRPG that you should like.

Is Crimson Shroud a RPG ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Is Crimson Shroud a RPG ?

Yeah, an old school JRPG. It's only $8 on the eShop.