Brand new Persona 5 info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Persona 5 is a game about freedom

“In today’s world there’s no shortage of people that are bored or discontent with their lives. They’re at a dead end, chained down to a world which they resent being a part. Persona 5, in that sense, is a game about freedom.”

The shackles are a motif for the game

“They naturally represent the idea of a person’s immobility, of being unable to move ahead from their current position in life… the also simultaneously represent our intent to make a game where the players can actually take the next step and move forward”

Persona 5 is thematically red

“For Persona 3 we went with blue, with Persona 4 we opted for yellow so this time we’re painting the world red. That said, red can be a pretty hard colour on the eyes… so we’re making the interface visually palatable.”

Persona 5 will be more approachable than previous games

“The characters…are out to destroy that which suffocates people in today’s society… I want players to come away from this game feeling they have the power to take on the world around them.”

Keeping the core idea simple

“With Persona 3 and 4, the basic idea was that by banding together… you can get a sort of freedom that you couldn’t by being completely on your own. As you grow up [your beliefs] shift and change under the influence of what other people have to say. The freedom from those dynamics…was what Persona 3 and 4 depicted.”

“Persona 5… operates under its own set of thematic principles… We live in a time in Japan when teenagers and adults can’t just be idling their way through their lives. People have to be on their toes, thinking about and engaging with what is happening around them.”

Don’t sweat the philosophical stuff

“Persona 5 is first and foremost a work of entertainment and we want it to just simply be enjoyable on its own terms. It’s my hope that people will not get too anxious and worked up about how all of these things are going to pan out in the end.”

Persona 5 is a Playstation 3 exclusive that will be available around winter 2014.

kljwcdjkhdw JUST PUT IT INSIDE MY VEINS ALREADY ATLUS

SOURCE

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Dammit Atrus rerease my persona 5 right now!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Solid_Max13 said:

Dammit Atrus rerease my persona 5 right now!!!!

Also release a Vita version while you are at it pl0x

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

" Persona 5 is a Playstation 3 exclusive"

Playstation 3 still dominating when it comes to exclusives.

Can't wait.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Suppaman100 said:

" Persona 5 is a Playstation 3 exclusive"

Playstation 3 still dominating when it comes to exclusives.

Can't wait.

GOAT console

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

So...Persona 5 will be open world?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Where... does it say that?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Been playing a ton of Persona 4 Golden lately and loving it more than ever. This will be a day one buy for me for sure. Lucky for me that once I finally beat P4G I have Persona 3: FES to go back to in the interim.

Question: Is it better to play Persona 3 on the PS2 (the FES version) or is the PSP version alright? I'd beat the PSP version more quickly, but if it isn't as good I'll stick with my copy of FES.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Zassimick said:

Been playing a ton of Persona 4 Golden lately and loving it more than ever. This will be a day one buy for me for sure. Lucky for me that once I finally beat P4G I have Persona 3: FES to go back to in the interim.

Question: Is it better to play Persona 3 on the PS2 (the FES version) or is the PSP version alright? I'd beat the PSP version more quickly, but if it isn't as good I'll stick with my copy of FES.

Play FES; later on, you might want to play Portable, but FES is the 'definitive' version.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I always see so many people with good taste in games talking up P3 and P4... then I go watch a video and I'm completely put off by what I see. I repeat this cycle every few months thinking I'll have a change of heart.

Maybe I'll give it a try someday, but it doesn't really look like something I could get in to.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Can't wait until we get some actual screens of the game, or at least some artwork.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I hope they get some more consistent and dynamic social links that are actually interesting.

Cannot fucking wait for this game. I would pay to just experience Persona 4 Golden again so this excites me.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Only possible on PlayStation where games are at!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Persona 5 is a Playstation 3 exclusive that will be available around winter 2014.

see @urbansys, SONY supports their consoles with a barn bursting amount of EXCLUSIVES. When is the next 360 EXCLUSIVE coming out? hmmmm?

We are ALL humbled SONY. <3

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The tease...I want some gameplay or screenshots!!

Day 1

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Where... does it say that?

They talk an awful lot about being in "Shackles". Almost like your "On Rails" or at least "not free"?

Persona 3 and 4 do seem to have you more restricted into certain areas and if P5 was more "Open" it would really up the ante of Persona games.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

“In today’s world there’s no shortage of people that are bored or discontent with their lives. They’re at a dead end, chained down to a world which they resent being a part.

Gotta love games from Japan. :)

-Byshop

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I'm ON ONE

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

This sucks, I don't have a Playstation 3. I had the assumption that they went multiplatform with the releases of Catherine and Persona Arena.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Everything about Persona 4 was awesome...except when you actually had to play it. I really hope they streamline the persona card stuff and make the dungeon crawling more interesting.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#24 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I absolutely can't wait for P5. P3 & P4 are two of the best rpgs ever, hands down. The only thing I can hope for is that they make the dungeon crawling aspect better.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Looking forward to this one.

Ah, I remember back when people said the PS3 couldn't come close to the longevity of the PS2, but here it is still getting great exclusives that won't be released until it's over 8 years old. As much as Sony devices may flop elsewhere, I've learned better than to bet against a Sony home console.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Sounds like it will be more cheery like Persona 4 and not depressing like Persona 3. Ah well, I guess I don't really mind, and this should mean the game will be more successful.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

@Heil68 said:

see @urbansys, SONY supports their consoles with a barn bursting amount of EXCLUSIVES. When is the next 360 EXCLUSIVE coming out? hmmmm?

They need it as there is not a single exclusive in the next year and a half for the PS4 worth a ounce of thought the rate Sony is losing devs.

By the way, its 2014 and we have new consoles. I could careless what comes out for my 360 or PS3 as both are sitting in a closet in my side room....

Here is what we have to look forward to for the xbox one compared to what PS4 has now in the next year and a half (NON INDIE GAMES... If i want to play an indie game, ill get it on steam.)

http://gamingbolt.com/13-exclusive-xbox-one-games-to-look-forward-to-in-2014/3

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68

@urbansys said:

@Heil68 said:

They need it as there is not a single exclusive in the next year and a half for the PS4 worth a ounce of thought the rate Sony is losing devs.

By the way, its 2014 and we have new consoles. I could careless what comes out for my 360 or PS3 as both are sitting in a closet in my side room....

Here is what we have to look forward to for the xbox one compared to what PS4 has now in the next year and a half (NON INDIE GAMES... If i want to play an indie game, ill get it on steam.)

That's what I thought and thus SDC BABY...awwww yeahhhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@urbansys said:

@Heil68 said:

Well in that case you are wrong, I care about the games, not the machines, and if the best games are on the PS3 in 2014- which they are, and after eight years on the market, that is amazing indeed- then I will play on the PS3 and screw the new consoles. Why should I care about them when they have nothing on them i really want to play?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@urbansys said:

@Heil68 said:

Uh sony just released an exclusive that got good ratings. And there seem to be a number of them to come

Also, titanfall isn't an exclusive

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Heil68

@urbansys said:

@Heil68 said:

Here is that list you provided..lol

Sunset Over Drive-This title’s release date has yet to be announced, but hopefully we’ll be seeing it sometime in 2014.

Qauntum Break -OK -"y Quantum Break when it’s released, hopefully sometime in 2014.

Below-While it hasn’t quite been announced yet we can probably expect this game to jump platforms, just like Superbrothers did. For now though, Microsoft’s Xbox One is getting it first.

Colbalt on PC-Not excluviea nd indie game you shouldnt want to play on a console according to your words.

Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved? lol

Halo 5 OR halo 2? If it's Halo 2 not excluvie:(

Kinect(lol) Sports Rivals

D4 is an Xbox One title that uses Kinect(lol) controls

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Already released last year..lol

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare -Not excluive

Titanfall-Not excluvie

So 2-3 games then, maybe if Quantum Break and SunsetOver Drive Release this year?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

To be hoenst I never noticed the color theme thing.