Both PS4 and Xbox One are good systems, right?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

This article speaks the truth. Haters can't be real gamers.

haters can be real gamers, because hating has nothing to do with gaming, its the personality of that gamer.

and there are many forms of hating gamers...but they are all gamers. Not all gamers are friendly ppl...i think quite the opposite

there are the- if it has a corridor in a game, its not a REAL game

there are the- dark souls is the only game out there....if it has an easy mode, its not a real game

there are the- it has guns, so its not a real game

there are the - dude bro games are not games

there are the - madden is not a real game

there are the - if you were born after 1999 you are not a gamer

and there are fanboys....

I'll specify what I meant by that. Haters of games simply because they're not on the system they own, aka fanboys, not real gamers. Think about what they're doing: making excuses not to play simply because of brand loyalty. How lame is that?

If you love something, how can you hate it and still be part of it? Do chefs hate food? Do athletes hate sports? Fanboys don't like games, they like companies.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Hermits spend all day vigorously masturbating in a dark basement, yet find time to give a crap about consoles. You truly are the master race.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ofcourse they are.... But the company behind one of them is absolutely terrible.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

This article speaks the truth. Haters can't be real gamers.

haters can be real gamers, because hating has nothing to do with gaming, its the personality of that gamer.

and there are many forms of hating gamers...but they are all gamers. Not all gamers are friendly ppl...i think quite the opposite

there are the- if it has a corridor in a game, its not a REAL game

there are the- dark souls is the only game out there....if it has an easy mode, its not a real game

there are the- it has guns, so its not a real game

there are the - dude bro games are not games

there are the - madden is not a real game

there are the - if you were born after 1999 you are not a gamer

and there are fanboys....

I'll specify what I meant by that. Haters of games simply because they're not on the system they own, aka fanboys, not real gamers. Think about what they're doing: making excuses not to play simply because of brand loyalty. How lame is that?

If you love something, how can you hate it and still be part of it? Do chefs hate food? Do athletes hate sports? Fanboys don't like games, they like companies.

and yes they can still be haters and gamers at the same time. like i said, personality have nothing to do with their status as a gamer.

fanboys do like the companies because they fell in love with the games. i dont see very many lems that hate halo/gears/forza/fable

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Yes,both have exclusives worth owing now and in the future.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Nah, PS4 is an amazing console with Sony's world class exclusives in the years to come.

LOL Xbone.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Heil68 said:

This /thread

TLHBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By TLHBO
Member since 2003 • 8360 Posts

How on earth is xbox a good system?

It cost £429, making it the most expensive mainstream console ever. Yet its games are massively behind what the PS4 was putting out - and that was £80 cheaper. Nobody wants 720P/792p on a £429 console. It's exclusives are garbage, and just multiplats vastly inferior to the PS4/PC versions.

What reasons is there to purchase an Xbox over any other system? A craptastic killer instinct by the guys who brought us G.I Joe and Green Lantern games? or maybe Ryse, a 4/10 flop so bad it's killed Crytek.

It's not being a fanboy to say a crappy console is crap. You don't need to be all "I'm a hardcore game so I must love everything" to impress people on systemwars. Xbone is junk and no real gamer can defend it, and after what Microsoft tried to pull with the DRM and RROD no gamer should be defending it, Microsoft needs to leave the industry.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#109 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

There seems to be a change in how gaming consoles are viewed this generation. Last gen they were huge news, now its like mainstream media isn't impressed anymore. The Wii U is no where near the status of the Wii. The Xbox One and PS4 are getting attention from hardcore gamers but the TV integration has yet to make it into the news. It just seems odd to me. Like theres not much interest in them even though sales show a different side of things.

For me, I went from PS2 to Xbox 360 (I loved the 360 I own 5 of them still) and I got two Xbox One's which is great but I can't wait for new games. I had zero interest in the PS3, I bought one, never purchased a single game for it and sold it to get another 360. I still think the PS3 was just a bad console, poorly designed, a huge time waster for the consumer and it never really made its short comings worth the better hardware it had. The PS4 is looking better, I still don't think Sony can manage all of the features they want it to have so many of them suffer and can be incomplete (I'm speaking from PS3's feature set). At this point I'd consider the PS4 for some gaming in the future but I just don't have the time for two next gen consoles. Especially if I'm expected to pay for online services on both. I'm pleased with the Xbox One, can't wait for the games coming this holiday and love buying games digitally now. And no, I don't think the difference between the multi plats is noticeable and even if it was, its so minor I just don't care. Playstation fans should know this from last generation, but this gen they're acting as if its a great divide between the consoles.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Nah, PS4 is an amazing console with Sony's world class exclusives in the years to come.

LOL Xbone.

This post is a prime example of what the article was talking about.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

@mynamesdenvrmax said:

There seems to be a change in how gaming consoles are viewed this generation. Last gen they were huge news, now its like mainstream media isn't impressed anymore. The Wii U is no where near the status of the Wii. The Xbox One and PS4 are getting attention from hardcore gamers but the TV integration has yet to make it into the news. It just seems odd to me. Like theres not much interest in them even though sales show a different side of things.

For me, I went from PS2 to Xbox 360 (I loved the 360 I own 5 of them still) and I got two Xbox One's which is great but I can't wait for new games. I had zero interest in the PS3, I bought one, never purchased a single game for it and sold it to get another 360. I still think the PS3 was just a bad console, poorly designed, a huge time waster for the consumer and it never really made its short comings worth the better hardware it had. The PS4 is looking better, I still don't think Sony can manage all of the features they want it to have so many of them suffer and can be incomplete (I'm speaking from PS3's feature set). At this point I'd consider the PS4 for some gaming in the future but I just don't have the time for two next gen consoles. Especially if I'm expected to pay for online services on both. I'm pleased with the Xbox One, can't wait for the games coming this holiday and love buying games digitally now. And no, I don't think the difference between the multi plats is noticeable and even if it was, its so minor I just don't care. Playstation fans should know this from last generation, but this gen they're acting as if its a great divide between the consoles.

Quit trolling. There's no plausible reason that anyone would ever have to buy 5 360's. Oh wait...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@TLHBO said:

It cost £429, making it the most expensive mainstream console ever. Yet its games are massively behind what the PS4 was putting out - and that was £80 cheaper. Nobody wants 720P/792p on a £429 console. It's exclusives are garbage, and just multiplats vastly inferior to the PS4/PC versions.

What reasons is there to purchase an Xbox over any other system? A craptastic killer instinct by the guys who brought us G.I Joe and Green Lantern games? or maybe Ryse, a 4/10 flop so bad it's killed Crytek.

It's not being a fanboy to say a crappy console is crap. You don't need to be all "I'm a hardcore game so I must love everything" to impress people on systemwars. Xbone is junk and no real gamer can defend it, and after what Microsoft tried to pull with the DRM and RROD no gamer should be defending it, Microsoft needs to leave the industry.

Exclusive games that interests them, that's all any real gamer needs to enjoy any system.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#113 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

They both have no games, same for the WII U. I'm a patient man though, I can wait

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#114 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@da_illest101 said:

They both have no games, same for the WII U. I'm a patient man though, I can wait

Depends on your definition, the Wii U has a great mix of new and old. Wonderful 101 is one of the most innovative new IP in years, Wind Waker HD is an actual remake (not remaster), and Mario Kart 8 also offers a free game if you buy it.

Now is the time to buy a Wii U, and just invest in a PC to get all the multiplats.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#115  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

My biggest gripe is the assumptions people make.

I love all 3 systems right now, I just love gaming in general, it's my favorite hobby and time killer.

But the second you say something preferential or bad about something you're either a fanboy noob
or whatever people are willing to call you.

I mean FFS if you REALLY think about it we hardly talk about games here.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#116  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Good consoles for what? Buying current multiplats on? Sure, if you don't have a PC.

Neither have any compelling exclusives, nor are getting any in the near future (until at least 2015).

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ermacness  Online
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

The thing is, people are confusing fanboyism with consumerism. Microsoft simply doesn't have the consumer's best interest, whereas Sony has repeatedly shown in situations where Microsoft can't - Sony can. If Sony wasn't here challenging Microsoft, there would be no more used games. Are you people forgetting this stuff? Hell - if you're supporting Microsoft, I can argue that you hate gaming, because you obviously like to support anti-consumerist business. I can pass a handful of overrated Xbox exclusives to support better gaming and less bullshit. Microsoft is only behind EA in peddling of bullshit.

And honestly? This is the first generation where some of the consoles are blatantly not worth the money in comparison to competing consoles. With Microsoft, you're paying more for less, and that has never happened in main realm of gaming before. At least not since retro days.

And the same could be said about Sony too or did you forget about last gen.

If you're referring to the "600$ PS3 vs the 400$ 360", then the PS3 did offer more than the 360 did at that time.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ermacness  Online
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@TLHBO said:

A prime example of a "hater".

Tranula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Tranula
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I thought they were good till I saw my brother playing his ps4. Looked all jaggy and shit. And the Xbox1 is just lame if it cant tackle Diablo 3 in 1080p. In my opinion, P.C. is the best by far.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#120 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

As of right now they're both pretty weak.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#121 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I own a Xbox One but i don't hate the PS4 i might buy one in a few years time but at the moment i'm happy with my Xbox and haterz will hate.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#122 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:

@da_illest101 said:

Depends on your definition, the Wii U has a great mix of new and old. Wonderful 101 is one of the most innovative new IP in years, Wind Waker HD is an actual remake (not remaster), and Mario Kart 8 also offers a free game if you buy it.

Now is the time to buy a Wii U, and just invest in a PC to get all the multiplats.

Well for me no. I played mario kart games to death, I haven't stomach one in quite a while. Anything made by platinum games gets avoid by me. plus the game doesn't look for me. I don't like zelda games. Everyone got different taste. So far the current gen consoles doesn't interest me one bit. The main games I'm looking for are either multiplats or coming for the ps4, but none of them are out yet. Though I'm actually thinking of going to pc this gen after not having played on pc for like 10-15 years.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#123  Edited By picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

This /thread

Nope. They both suck.

Heil is just trying to justify his purchases.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

Why are some people hell-bent on hating everything Xbox?

You should try and find all those hateful topics towards PS3 since 2006 . Thousands of thousands of trollish/hateful/teasing post around the net. ... Hell i can even find you last year topics from lems declaring WIN over PS3 ( like it matters lol , both lost ) ... Now that its payback time its weird , annoying , fanboystic ? I mean , why is so weird to you what is happening now towards Xbox... Lems forgetting fast it seems.

You act as if cows are innocent and entitled.

Im stating facts nothing more , nothing less. If someone is a fanboy , is a fanboy. Theres not good fanboy or bad...theres just fanboy.Im not saying cows are innocent by any means.

But im also not forgetting the whole situation with excessive parody/trolling/hate that started when PS3 lost all the momentum it build and did so bad that noone could ever imagine. It was THEN that situation went out of control and it was LEMS that started this shit. Werent sheeps , werent hermits. Was lems ! I was here and all around big sites and i know exactly what im talking about.

So now that Xbox losing .... fanboyism is bad ? Really ? And this coming from lems ? They must be joking ...thats my point !! What did they expect after 8 years of excessive trolling towards PS3 ? Peace ? Rest in peace most likely.

My point was never that now fanboyism is good or bad. It's that you need to understand lems didn't start anything. They were just looking for an opportunity to retaliate at the Sony fanboys from the previous gens.

I was here during the Xbox/PS2 gen and the cows were just as bad then.

Fair enough if you think the Cows should act in a particular way, but stop acting like it began last gen. The Cows were ass hats for the PS1 and PS2 eras, so other fanboys will retaliate and the cycle goes on.