Both PS4 and Xbox One are good systems, right?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

This article speaks the truth. Haters can't be real gamers.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

They're alright.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

They get the job done like the Wii U.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Both are good consoles, i'm just not into the tv stuff

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

They are meh right now but 2015 and 2016 may be exciting.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Bigboi500: Yes both are good consoles and both will have great games. Only the fanboys who are loyal to one console or the other doesn't believe this.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I don't visit this place much, hell I don't even follow videogames much anymore. People that bitch about other people bitching and fighting over consoles should simply stop visiting these types of forums?

It's not hard to get away from it all. We're not paid to follow the industry. You can simply enjoy videogame news coverage without exposing yourself to all the fanboyism.

I personally stop by and visit for the enjoyment of seeing people getting so pissed over obvious trolls and what not. Then I go on with my day.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

The haters are a sad lot, I agree. Fanboys at least are excited about something that makes them happy, even though they're not very reasonable. The haters around here are obsessed with things/companies/people they hate. Seems like a sad way to live.

Then again, this is SW. If there is a place for any of this nonsense, it's here. I don't see many here running to Games Discussion...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bigboi500

@Desmonic said:

That read as someone being butthurt fanboys are still fanboys.

Wut.

It says they've "evolved" into new lows, wanting to ruin others' fun. It's no longer good enough talk trash, they want other companies to fail. What's next, production sabotage, suicide bombings, nuclear annihilation?

How low can they go? How do they find time to enjoy games? Seems like they can't.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I remember 3 years ago, people saying that the new Sony and MS consoles would be twice as powerfull as PS3 and 360, and all about move and kinect.

They ended up 10+ times more powerful than their predecessors and completly directed to the core gamers.

PS4 and X1 are not good...they are awesome!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigboi500

@Desmonic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Desmonic said:

That read as someone being butthurt fanboys are still fanboys.

Wut.

It says they've "evolved" into new lows, wanting to ruin others' fun. It's no longer good enough talk trash, they want other companies to fail. What's next, production sabotage, suicide bombings, nuclear annihilation?

How low can they go? How do they find time to enjoy games? Seems like they can't.

No.

Remember Sega's Nintendon't? Sony's Crash Bandicoot mocking Nintendo? Yeah, those are to this day the most blatantly agressive campaigns these companies have made. And guess what? They were fueled by -and also helped further fuel- the existing fanboy war.

Don't try to push this BS theory that fanboys were "different" before. They were just as vicious and they trash talked their "opponents" just as much as today.

Main difference? Internet (or lack of it). Nowadays on the sites we get our news from, we are also barraged by an absurd amount of fanboy trash in the actual news (the comments usually). Anonymity and "ease of use" only further fuel that nonsense. I'll grant you that today perhaps they are far more "violent" in their choice of words, but that again it's fueled by Internet culture (where most of things are either adored to the heavens or hated to the pits of hell) more so than an actual change in prerogative by the aforementioned fanboys.

So yeah... no, fanboys are still the same crappy lol-worthy "group" they were in 1980's/90's.

One thing that's certainly new to their strategy is lies. Absolute lies and disinformation. I remember the old SW made solid and legit points about systems' advantages and shortcomings, but they were legit complaints and differences. Now they fake pics, totally make up shit. It's like they've taken pages right from politicians and criminals.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@SolidTy said:

They get the job done like the Wii U.

Yeah but one of them doing it in 1080p while....:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Personally, I think the Wii U is better *shrugs*

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Yes. Both are good systems. PS4 has a slight edge over X1 in power but it really just boils down to which system has the exclusives (both released and upcoming) that you know you will enjoy more.

Make a purchase decision based on that as your primary reasoning and you'll enjoy whichever system you buy.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

The thing is, people are confusing fanboyism with consumerism. Microsoft simply doesn't have the consumer's best interest, whereas Sony has repeatedly shown in situations where Microsoft can't - Sony can. If Sony wasn't here challenging Microsoft, there would be no more used games. Are you people forgetting this stuff? Hell - if you're supporting Microsoft, I can argue that you hate gaming, because you obviously like to support anti-consumerist business. I can pass a handful of overrated Xbox exclusives to support better gaming and less bullshit. Microsoft is only behind EA in peddling of bullshit.

And honestly? This is the first generation where some of the consoles are blatantly not worth the money in comparison to competing consoles. With Microsoft, you're paying more for less, and that has never happened in main realm of gaming before. At least not since retro days.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

The thing is, people are confusing fanboyism with consumerism. Microsoft simply doesn't have the consumer's best interest, whereas Sony has repeatedly shown in situations where Microsoft can't - Sony can. If Sony wasn't here challenging Microsoft, there would be no more used games. Are you people forgetting this stuff? Hell - if you're supporting Microsoft, I can argue that you hate gaming, because you obviously like to support anti-consumerist business. I can pass a handful of overrated Xbox exclusives to support better gaming and less bullshit. Microsoft is only behind EA in peddling of bullshit.

And honestly? This is the first generation where some of the consoles are blatantly not worth the money in comparison to competing consoles. With Microsoft, you're paying more for less, and that has never happened in main realm of gaming before. At least not since retro days.

And the same could be said about Sony too or did you forget about last gen.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bigboi500

@KHAndAnime said:

You can't really believe that Sony has the customer's best interest in mind and the other companies do not. ALL of them are only concerned with making the most money that they can in a certain period. Being an avid fan of one company may give you the illusion that they care for you, but that just means your view point is skewed due to your personal bias.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

This article speaks the truth. Haters can't be real gamers.

i didn't read it but i'm guessing it's describing the pros of having both consoles, i usually have pc playstation and eventually later in the gen nintendo, never saw any real reason to buy an xbox except maybe for halo which i usually play when a friend lends me his xbox.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I enjoy both my PS4 and Xbox One

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Drugs are bad dude. Throw them down the toilet.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61eyWpP5vWL._SL500_AA300_.gif

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#25 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Have a PS4 but I'll grab a XO down the line when there's a slim model. I miss my achievements already... =(

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Nah, PS4 is an amazing console with Sony's world class exclusives in the years to come.

LOL Xbone.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I think they're both amazing right now. They each offer something unique , and imo neither has "major" issues. So far, their legacy is all the social features they have introduced, like clip sharing and twitch streaming.....I just think that stuff is fantastic.

Very happy with my Xbox One, and while I do not own a PS4, I have tried a few games and I don't see any issues with that system now(i've not tried online play on PS4, but I have not heard anything too negative about it), I just prefer Xbox One a lot more. I agree, imo real gamers cannot have hate for the other systems. I simply cannot understand it when someone says they adore the PS4 and its games, but despise the Xbox One and all its games(or vice-versa).....it's hard to believe there is not a single game on the other system that does not remotely appeal to you if you really like the other console....I mean they are both videogame consoles, in essence they are not radically diferent.

However, if some people refuse to buy a system because of some "principles" they have, I totally understand that......there comes a point when if you get burned by a company you just don't want to deal with them anymore. Luckily, this has not happened to me in the videogames world yet, so I'm free to buy and enjoy what I want.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#28  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Hardware wise, absolutely, they are both good consoles. I have a ps4, and my roommate owns an Xbone. Eventually (hopefully), their libraries will offer better games. Like I've said before, the Xbone & PS4 are much too similar to be that great of a difference visually in the end, resolution aside. All fanboys are unhealthy for the industry. But personally, all over the internet, I find cows being the loudest & the most annoying group of console fanboys (especially on n4g). Xbone can't have "1" positive article without Sony fanboys bashing it in some way. They aren't even funny, the bashing has ran it's course, time to move on ffs.

And before the "usual suspects" start talking shit about the PCMasterRace joke, it was just that, a joke that butthurt console fanboys took to heart. Sure, there are some PC fanboys that take things to far as well, There's no reason to straight up bash the consoles themselves, they have their place. Everyone doesn't have to be a PC gamer. But bashing "console culture" is just the nature of things. (Paying for multiplayer, etc, etc. not going to go into details here).

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I am sure the systems will prove themselves when they get new software but its been a pretty barren release so far.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the ps4's the most powerful console ever conceived while the xbone isn't. Therefore the ps4 is better.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Lol "real gamers"

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

no need for a X1 if you got the great PS4 and Wii U

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The only system I express disappointment in is the 3DS. The PS4, while extremely lacking, is still pretty nice to me so far.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Blabadon: didn't you call the PS4 a piece of crap with no games after E3?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@lostrib: Dude, I call the PS4 a piece of shit every opportunity I get. This is CowSpot after all.

That's only after I got one though. I play on it quite a bit but I won't deny it lacks many, if any, compelling games.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#36  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@lostrib: Dude, I call the PS4 a piece of shit every opportunity I get. This is CowSpot after all.

That's only after I got one though. I play on it quite a bit but I won't deny it lacks many, if any, compelling games.

I concur.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Agreed. I now own all three next gen consoles and each one has its own strengths and weaknesses.

I'm actually more amused and fascinated by fanboys than I am annoyed. It's amusing to watch how they will amplify the advantages and downplay the weaknesses of their console while pretending to not care about the other console's advantages (until their console finally gets it as well then it is the best thing ever) and rabidly attacking any minor issue the other console may have.

I couldn't help but laugh at KHAndAnime's comment up there about how people that support Microsoft hate gaming and how Sony has the consumer's best interest in mind and the other stuff he said to obviously try to justify why he won't own a Xbox.

The psychology behind why someone would have to make such a ridiculous statement like that fascinates me. It is so interesting how when somebody settles on only one console, they get choice-supportive bias so their brain has a psychological need to then rationalize their purchase decision by looking for anything that supports why the product they picked was the best of all they could have picked. And then when they hear another person point out a reason why the console they did not pick is better, they experience cognitive dissonance and their brain wants to get rid of that feeling, so they have to convince themselves and anyone that will listen that the other console is not as good as the one they bought, and to do that they will turn to irrational dissonance reduction strategies. Watching all of this play out right in front of me on System Wars keeps me very entertained.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#38  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@blackace said:

@Bigboi500: Yes both are good consoles and both will have great games. Only the fanboys who are loyal to one console or the other doesn't believe this.

The consoles wont change. Their libraries will, but the consoles are what they are. I think they along with the WiiU will provide great gaming experiences and the only way you can go wrong is choosing an Atari Jaguar over any of the three.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#39  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

While that is a good article and I think they're great consoles I get the feeling you posted this topic to get a reaction out of fanboys from Sony and Microsoft. >.> Little shady don't you think? I get the feeling this isn't to get people to post about how good the consoles are considering your past posts about Microsoft bigboy.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bigboi500

@lostrib said:

Lol "real gamers"

Real gamers don't dismiss games based on the platform they're on. Wouldn't you agree? How can they be gamers if they don't like games?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

One thing that's certainly new to their strategy is lies. Absolute lies and disinformation. I remember the old SW made solid and legit points about systems' advantages and shortcomings, but they were legit complaints and differences. Now they fake pics, totally make up shit. It's like they've taken pages right from politicians and criminals.

This is a complete load of horse shit.

System Wars/internet gamers have always been aggressively stupid, ignorant, or reliant on misinformation to either troll or pretend they are making a point. SW has been dumb forever, and it'll stay dumb forever. The entire GUFU/Hype nonsense was built on high school valley girl bullshit (back me up here solidty), and those were collectively the majority of the good posters on this forum.

"solid and legit points" lol as if.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bigboi500

@shadowchronicle said:

While that is a good article and I think they're great consoles I get the feeling you posted this topic to get a reaction out of fanboys from Sony and Microsoft. >.> Little shady don't you think? I get the feeling this isn't to get people to post about how good the consoles are considering your past posts about Microsoft bigboy.

The past is the past. After releasing a Kinect-free version and after E3's showing I'm back on board with them. I still have a 360 and still play it to this day.

This thread isn't about attacking fanboys, but more to ask "why hate?". I don't feel like a discussion about fanboys should be totally off the table just because a few posters lose their heads.

We should have some semi-positive threads here from time to time.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

What's with this "real gamer "nonsense? Buy all systems all games.. Sounds like an fanatical and unhealthy obsession.

Who has time for that?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jg4xchamp

@Zethrickk382 said:

What's with this real gamer nonsense? Buy all systems all games.. Sounds like an fanatical and unhealthy obsession.

Who has time for that?

It's the logical fallacy that just because you choose to not buy multiple systems to "pretend you experience everything" vs buying one where you maximize that systems library, you are somehow not a "real gamer".

For the record these are the same people that dismiss things like competitive gaming, while completely ignoring by its very nature its a very pure form of what gaming actually is.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bigboi500

@Zethrickk382 said:

What's with this "real gamer "nonsense? Buy all systems all games.. Sounds like an fanatical and unhealthy obsession.

Who has time for that?

People who aren't in college/high school, and have money and time to invest in their favorite hobby.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Bigboi500 said:

@Zethrickk382 said:

Who has time for that?

People who aren't in college/high school, and have money and time to invest in their favorite hobby.

So people with a mortgage, car payments, general living expenses, bills, and an actual 40+ hour career somehow still need to purchase multiple platforms to be a "real gamer".

smh

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#47 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Ah I understand now. Its an interesting topic but there's plenty of topics here that are semi-positive with the intention of trying to get reactions out of people without anyone saying anything. I could make a topic about the Wii U and the PS4 being equally reliable systems and not my own console and provoke the two factions in a fashion that I would not be attacked as the topic creator as I present for both sides.

<.< Kind of just want to point this out for any people who come in here to argue, it kind of makes you and the console you favor look dumb.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bigboi500

Back in the days of Nintendo vs Sega "gamers" didn't shoot consoles with high powered rifles or smash them with sledge hammers, they didn't threaten to kill reviewers for giving games an "8.8", they didn't go into stores and mark PS3 boxes with magic markers and they didn't threaten each other with physical violence. Today that's the norm for some freaks.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jg4xchamp

@Bigboi500 said:

Back in the days of Nintendo vs Sega "gamers" didn't shoot consoles with high powered rifles or smash them with sledge hammers, they didn't threaten to kill reviewers for giving games an "8.8", they didn't go into stores and mark PS3 boxes with magic markers and they didn't threaten each other with physical violence. Today that's the norm for some freaks.

Back in those days there wasn't a proper internet and social media. There wasn't a giant license to be an asshole.

The issue isn't that society got dumber or something.

The issue is that society wasn't ready for the responsibility of communicating on the internet.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bigboi500

@shadowchronicle said:

Ah I understand now. Its an interesting topic but there's plenty of topics here that are semi-positive with the intention of trying to get reactions out of people without anyone saying anything. I could make a topic about the Wii U and the PS4 being equally reliable systems and not my own console and provoke the two factions in a fashion that I would not be attacked as the topic creator as I present for both sides.

<.< Kind of just want to point this out for any people who come in here to argue, it kind of makes you and the console you favor look dumb.

I really wish some gamers didn't make the rest of us look so petty and blind. I'm trying to find a way SW can discuss fanboyism without blowing up into an immature flame war. System Wars exists because of it, so I think it's wrong to forbid any and all discussion about it like it's too taboo to even mention.

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Zethrickk382 said:

Who has time for that?

So people with a mortgage, car payments, general living expenses, bills, and an actual 40+ hour career somehow still need to purchase multiple platforms to be a "real gamer".

smh

I never said all that, just that some of us actually have time and money to invest in these things, and that gamers should care more about games instead of fighting over corporate names and the plastic that plays them.

I constantly read things like only school kids can play a lot, and if you aren't in that demographic you're a loser with no life. Fanboyism to the extreme is blind and unhealthy, no one should be defending the ignorant kind linked to inexperience with certain games and platforms.

Just saying "this is System Wars, act like a total fool or leave" just isn't a valid mentality for here or anywhere else.

You don't have to agree, but that's my point of view because System Wars is the only active board now concerning games, and it sucks to sift through the idiocy just to have decent and intelligent discussions about games.