BOTH consoles run Crysis 2 at 1152 x 720 res.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdonrcwLJPo&feature=player_embedded

If the field engineer from Crytek is to be trusted, then both console versions would be sub hd @ 1152 x 720. Still a far cry in image quality compared to the MLAA, full 1280 x 720 res Killzone 3 on PS3.

shadi2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shadi2020
Member since 2011 • 435 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdonrcwLJPo&feature=player_embedded

If the field engineer from Crytek is to be trusted, then both console versions would be sub hd @ 1152 x 720. Still a far cry in image quality compared to the MLAA, full 1280 x 720 res Killzone 3 on PS3.

gpuking
there is no demo for the ps3 to confirm that the game ran a little bit lower res than 360 and yes thise game on consoles no where near killzone 3 in the gfx
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#3 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Interesting. Not like there would be a massive difference between 1024x720 and 1152x720. Anyway, I learned my lesson about doubting MagDude years ago. Those pixel counters are almost always spot on.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

A few pixels are the least of my worries in regards to Crysis 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts

Interesting. Not like there would be a massive difference between 1024x720 and 1152x720. Anyway, I learned my lesson about doubting MagDude years ago. Those pixel counters are almost always spot on.

gamecubepad
Except he took the image from a compressed video. Crytek have said loads of times that they'd be equal. And plus, it's not like Crysis 2 at 1024x720 on PS3 would look that much worse than KZ3 with Crytek's non-prebaked graphics.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i dont care i buy both console versions
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamecubepad

Except he took the image from a compressed video. Crytek have said loads of times that they'd be equal. And plus, it's not like Crysis 2 at 1024x720 on PS3 would look that much worse than KZ3 with Crytek's non-prebaked graphics.ocstew

Compressed, or even resized vids don't affect the pixel ratio if I remember correctly.

KZ3 looks better from what I've seen. Not a huge difference, though. The biggest problem I have with the console version's gfx is pop-in and aliasing. Maybe I'm just being overly critical since it's Crytek.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-635601fd996cc

[QUOTE="ocstew"]Except he took the image from a compressed video. Crytek have said loads of times that they'd be equal. And plus, it's not like Crysis 2 at 1024x720 on PS3 would look that much worse than KZ3 with Crytek's non-prebaked graphics.gamecubepad

Compressed, or even resized vids don't affect the pixel ratio if I remember correctly.

KZ3 looks better from what I've seen. Not a huge difference, though. The biggest problem I have with the console version's gfx is pop-in and aliasing. Maybe I'm just being overly critical since it's Crytek.

But the difference is, that Crytek does every single piece of lighting dynamically while in KZ3 it's mostly prebaked. KZ3 doesn't even have HDR or decent DOF. Crysis 2 is much larger too and almost everything has physics and can be moved, unlike in KZ3 where almost everything, except the small things seems to be nailed into the ground.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamecubepad

But the difference is, that Crytek does every single piece of lighting dynamically while in KZ3 it's mostly prebaked. KZ3 doesn't even have HDR or decent DOF. ocstew

For sure, but KZ3 doesn't have pop-in as bad as C2 from what I've seen, which is my biggest gripe with the gfx at this point. Aliasing would be another issue, but it doesn't bother me in motion in the actual game.

It's still a great looking game. Easily one of the best, and it's got a load of impressive tech as well. I'm looking forward to playing Pier 17 in the new demo come the 1st.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-635601fd996cc

[QUOTE="ocstew"]But the difference is, that Crytek does every single piece of lighting dynamically while in KZ3 it's mostly prebaked. KZ3 doesn't even have HDR or decent DOF. gamecubepad

For sure, but KZ3 doesn't have pop-in as bad as C2 from what I've seen, which is my biggest gripe with the gfx at this point. Aliasing would be another issue, but it doesn't bother me in motion in the actual game.

It's still a great looking game. Easily one of the best, and it's got a load of impressive tech as well. I'm looking forward to playing Pier 17 in the new demo come the 1st.

Well that can't be helped. Just the level design I guess, it's hard to prevent popup when you have large environments. GTA 4 had a good system though, it kind of blurred it in.
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gpuking
[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="ocstew"]Except he took the image from a compressed video. Crytek have said loads of times that they'd be equal. And plus, it's not like Crysis 2 at 1024x720 on PS3 would look that much worse than KZ3 with Crytek's non-prebaked graphics.ocstew

But the difference is, that Crytek does every single piece of lighting dynamically while in KZ3 it's mostly prebaked. KZ3 doesn't even have HDR or decent DOF. Crysis 2 is much larger too and almost everything has physics and can be moved, unlike in KZ3 where almost everything, except the small things seems to be nailed into the ground.

Mostly baked? Where di you get that from? It uses both realtime and baked lightmaps and judging from what I can see a lot of lights and shadows are realtime. Ypu keep saying crysis 2's scope, it's fairly decent but kz3's draw distance is 3x over kz2's and every cubic meter is filled with polygons and details unlike the rather bland and empty crysis 2's environment. DOF in kz3 looks great even though it's not Bokeh, but there are simply so many things done better in killzone3 such as MLAA, less pop ins, more polygons, higher quality textures, more dynamic lights, etc. If you have actually played kz3, you would know it spanks crysis 2 console version hard.
Wisely321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wisely321
Member since 2008 • 686 Posts
Not being a fanboy but PC FTW if we are talking about Crysis 2.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="ocstew"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]Compressed, or even resized vids don't affect the pixel ratio if I remember correctly.KZ3 looks better from what I've seen. Not a huge difference, though. The biggest problem I have with the console version's gfx is pop-in and aliasing. Maybe I'm just being overly critical since it's Crytek.gpuking

Mostly baked? Where di you get that from? It uses both realtime and baked lightmaps and judging from what I can see a lot of lights and shadows are realtime. Ypu keep saying crysis 2's scope, it's fairly decent but kz3's draw distance is 3x over kz2's and every cubic meter is filled with polygons and details unlike the rather bland and empty crysis 2's environment. DOF in kz3 looks great even though it's not Bokeh, but there are simply so many things done better in killzone3 such as MLAA, less pop ins, more polygons, higher quality textures, more dynamic lights, etc. If you have actually played kz3, you would know it spanks crysis 2 console version hard.

you are right about everything except one thing, all the lighting in crysis 2 is dynamic, so crysis 2 easily has more dynamic lighting than kz3,kz3 uses dynamic radisoity which is 'cheap' global illumination, and crysis 2's enviromrnts are knowhere near bland and empty, especially if you take into account the realtime damage and deformation effects,the enviroment in crysis 2 can actually change dramatically during a firefight, if that's what you call bland then i must be the king of kashmir,lol
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

But the difference is, that Crytek does every single piece of lighting dynamically while in KZ3 it's mostly prebaked. KZ3 doesn't even have HDR or decent DOF. Crysis 2 is much larger too and almost everything has physics and can be moved, unlike in KZ3 where almost everything, except the small things seems to be nailed into the ground.ocstew

Having prebaked lighting doesn't mean it looks worse...in fact it's the other way around. KZ's DOF is also pretty good since they do it on the SPU's...certainly not any worse than Crytek's. As for HDR...like anything else it's just a tool used for making the end visuals. So the real question is: does KZ look worse than Crysis 2 because of that? Or is it just a bullet point to bring up in an argument? Would you even know that it doesn't have HDR if they hadn't mentioned it themselves?

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

you are right about everything except one thing, all the lighting in crysis 2 is dynamic, so crysis 2 easily has more dynamic lighting than kz3,kz3 uses dynamic radisoity which is 'cheap' global illumination, and crysis 2's enviromrnts are knowhere near bland and empty, especially if you take into account the realtime damage and deformation effects,the enviroment in crysis 2 can actually change dramatically during a firefight, if that's what you call bland then i must be the king of kashmir,loldelta3074

Crytek doing all of their lighting dynamically doesn't somehow mean there's "more" of it. They're restricted to the same resources Guerilla has when it comes to performing dynamic lighting, so there's reason that Crytek would somehow manage some huge amount greater than what KZ could pull off. In fact it's extremely unlikely, considering KZ is a PS3 exclusive.

KZ3 also doesn't use "dynamic radiosity", they use Beast which completely pre-bakes lightmaps. Since it's offline they can do a much more sophisticated and complex GI simulation than what Crytek does, which is very simplified since they have to do it in real time.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
incorrect crysis on ps3 is more sub HD than the 360 version,  1024X720
Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

Even if Killzone 3 looks better, it's not light years ahead or even 6 months ahead LOL.

The differences are in the details and perhaps, being less aliased.

But the PC version of Crysis 2 is at least 2 years ahead of Killzone 3.

PS3 is not twice as powerful as 360. It's like 0.05% and that is all.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

thats a decent Res

Alan wake was like 900x500, now that was just sad, Halo reach was also really low

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

thats a decent Res

Alan wake was like 900x500, now that was just sad, Halo reach was also really low

HaloinventedFPS
halo reach was the same re as crysis 2 on xbox 360.
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gpuking

thats a decent Res

HaloinventedFPS
True that, 1152 x 720 is decent enough I guess but would still look blurrier on a 46"+ HDTV, the poor TAA, bad texture filtering and ghosting don't help neither.
Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

lol lets argue about a few pixels then act like pc's far superior resolution means nothing :shock:

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gpuking
[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

thats a decent Res

Tessellation
halo reach was the same re as crysis 2 on xbox 360.

Did you even watch the video interview? The guy clearly said 1152 x 720 resolution for CONSOLES and will upscale to 1080p on the TV. The reason why Mazingerdude found a 1024 x 720 res is because he counted the steps via a secondary light bounce, but AIstrong from beyond3d has found the res to be 1152 x 720 originally, since he used the primary world light for counting. So expect to find similar situation in 360's version too.
ramealdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ramealdabest
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

Not being a fanboy but PC FTW if we are talking about Crysis 2.Wisely321

Thats noot a fanboyish comment. It's like saying Coke is better then Pepsi...its a fact.

I joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

This whole KZ3 is better than Crysis 2 on consoles stuff is getting old. KZ uses so many post processing effects to create its look and everything is so static and lifeless. I'll admit it looks good but Crysis 2 is dynamic. It has a night and day system so all shadows etc. are rendered in real time so it is a lot more impressive. And honestly it does look better. KZ2 almost looks better than KZ3. MLAA did less for KZ3 than it did for GOW III. There is a lot more edge flickering in KZ3 so it doesn't look that good

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gpuking

This whole KZ3 is better than Crysis 2 on consoles stuff is getting old. KZ uses so many post processing effects to create its look and everything is so static and lifeless. I'll admit it looks good but Crysis 2 is dynamic. It has a night and day system so all shadows etc. are rendered in real time so it is a lot more impressive. And honestly it does look better. KZ2 almost looks better than KZ3. MLAA did less for KZ3 than it did for GOW III. There is a lot more edge flickering in KZ3 so it doesn't look that good

seanmcloughlin
Fail, kz3 is anything but lifeless or static. It has a lot more particles, dynamic lights on screen as well as tons more polygon density and more actions almost in every corners. The sky is filled with cruisers, lightning, debris and what not. Anyone who played the game should see it. MLAA may have edge crawling but generally speaking it it's far superior than QAA and TAA. And again, it has 10,0000 more pixels than crysis 2 on consoles with excellent AF to boot. So kz3 does look better, there's no way around it.
Avatar image for noob-saibot2010
noob-saibot2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 noob-saibot2010
Member since 2010 • 246 Posts

too many ppl believed that xbox was weaker than ps3 after games like uncharted 2 and GOW3 released.they said xbox can never handle this kind of GRFX.and after a while we saw red dead redemption which was a gorgeous looking game and we saw that it was better on 360.then I remember they(ps3 fans) said"owe it's developer fault.we saw ps3's power and what kind of GRFC it can handle".after a while castlevania LOS showed up and it was looking really great(I'm just considering GRFX).and when I read comments in system wars in the articles belonged to "360 vs ps3" I always wanted to ask a simple question from ps3 fans.WHY IT'S ALWAYS DEV FAULT WHEN A GAME LOOKS WORSE ON PS3 BUT IT'S NOT DEVS FAULT WHEN THEY CAN'T MAKE CRAZY GRFX ON 360?after GOW nobody could even imagin that 360 can handle RDR or LOS's GRFX but we saw that it could.and I think it's not about the systems but aboute thechnology and the way their engine works.I think we better put our comparisons based on games that exist on both platforms.not the games that only exists on one.and also I have to say halo is not about GRFX at all.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="ocstew"]Except he took the image from a compressed video. Crytek have said loads of times that they'd be equal. And plus, it's not like Crysis 2 at 1024x720 on PS3 would look that much worse than KZ3 with Crytek's non-prebaked graphics.ocstew

So basically your complaint is that Guerilla games managed to get a better result by strategically planning out their game? I dont get this "prebaked" BS...I dont care what Crytek did, or what HDR techniques they used and all that BS. All that matters is the end result, and KZ3 looks better than Crysis 2 (Console). Talk all the technicaly crap u want, but if it doesnt translate into something the viewer can see...its moot. I don't care what techniques are being used or how complex blah blah blah shaders are...if ur game looks like an n64 game, it looks like crap regardless of the technology powering it. And no, im not saying Crysis 2 looks like an n64 game, just giving an example.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="ocstew"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="ocstew"]Except he took the image from a compressed video. Crytek have said loads of times that they'd be equal. And plus, it's not like Crysis 2 at 1024x720 on PS3 would look that much worse than KZ3 with Crytek's non-prebaked graphics.II_Seraphim_II

All that matters is the end result, and KZ3 looks better than Crysis 2 (Console). Talk all the technicaly crap u want, but if it doesnt translate into something the viewer can see...its moot.

Are you kidding? The whole point of this is that we CAN see the difference. Games aren't just played nowadays. They are tested. When real gamers play games these days they go through the game but on future playthroughs they go around lookg at and testing things. "if I throw a grenade here what will it do?" stuff like this. They experiment to see what a game can do. In KZ only certain things move or break in certain areas. Which is not impressive. I don't understand why a column crumbles in a certain area and not in another. also in Crysis if you run past things they react to your character and move with the physics and not not stay cemented in the world. Also in Crysis if you let your character stand still the shadow will eventually move around and change realistically and in real time. Not like KZ where it never gets dark or changes. Everything is "Pre baked" as they say. So real gamers know which is better technically. Like I said they experiment and test the game. Not just play it.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gpuking

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="ocstew"]

seanmcloughlin

All that matters is the end result, and KZ3 looks better than Crysis 2 (Console). Talk all the technicaly crap u want, but if it doesnt translate into something the viewer can see...its moot.

Are you kidding? The whole point of this is that we CAN see the difference. Games aren't just played nowadays. They are tested. When real gamers play games these days they go through the game but on future playthroughs they go around lookg at and testing things. "if I throw a grenade here what will it do?" stuff like this. They experiment to see what a game can do. In KZ only certain things move or break in certain areas. Which is not impressive. I don't understand why a column crumbles in a certain area and not in another. also in Crysis if you run past things they react to your character and move with the physics and not not stay cemented in the world. Also in Crysis if you let your character stand still the shadow will eventually move around and change realistically and in real time. Not like KZ where it never gets dark or changes. Everything is "Pre baked" as they say. So real gamers know which is better technically. Like I said they experiment and test the game. Not just play it.

Er..no. Breakable objects are very limited in Crysis 2 console versions at least, it's no more or less than what kz3 is doing. There are plenty of dynamic shadows in kz3 as well such as moving cruisers, drop ships, and muzzle flash shadows, in fact it's got more shadow casting light sources than Crysis 2 console has. Not everything is prebaked in kz3, you're confused with a game called Rage. The ambient effect and particles are making kz3 even more life like if anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] All that matters is the end result, and KZ3 looks better than Crysis 2 (Console). Talk all the technicaly crap u want, but if it doesnt translate into something the viewer can see...its moot.gpuking

Er..no. Breakable objects are very limited in Crysis 2 console versions at least, it's no more or less than what kz3 is doing. There are plenty of dynamic shadows in kz3 as well such as moving cruisers, drop ships, and muzzle flash shadows, in fact it's got more shadow casting light sources than Crysis 2 console has. Not everything is prebaked in kz3, you're confused with a game called Rage. The ambient effect and particles are making kz3 even more life like if anything.

I don't even know why we are arguing yet about this because KZ is out and Crysis 2 is not. Only when Crysis is released will we have concrete evidence of which is better so I reserve my judgement for then.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

[QUOTE="ocstew"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

II_Seraphim_II

So basically your complaint is that Guerilla games managed to get a better result by strategically planning out their game? I dont get this "prebaked" BS...I dont care what Crytek did, or what HDR techniques they used and all that BS. All that matters is the end result, and KZ3 looks better than Crysis 2 (Console). Talk all the technicaly crap u want, but if it doesnt translate into something the viewer can see...its moot. I don't care what techniques are being used or how complex blah blah blah shaders are...if ur game looks like an n64 game, it looks like crap regardless of the technology powering it. And no, im not saying Crysis 2 looks like an n64 game, just giving an example.

While I agree with you I think people are "jumping" on Crysis 2 because its quite open game,not open world but much more open than games like COD or KZ.Second thing is that it does shadows and lighting all in real time,it has volumetric god rays,HDR,real time global illumination,bokeh effect in real time,great post processing,SSAO etc. That kinda proves that 360 can go just as far as ps3 if programmed correctly.Yea,maybe TAA,artstyle or slightly lower resolution will be a deal breaker to some people but it still won't change the fact that Crysis 2,as far as tech goes, is loaded like no other console game.

JustMe64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 JustMe64
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

Even if Killzone 3 looks better, it's not light years ahead or even 6 months ahead LOL.

The differences are in the details and perhaps, being less aliased.

But the PC version of Crysis 2 is at least 2 years ahead of Killzone 3.

PS3 is not twice as powerful as 360. It's like 0.05% and that is all.

Ravenchrome

Uh no. PS3 has a cell processor which is much more powerful than 360's regular CPU processor. Other than that, I THINK PS3 has a slightly better GPU.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

gpuking

Fail, kz3 is anything but lifeless or static. It has a lot more particles, dynamic lights on screen as well as tons more polygon density and more actions almost in every corners. The sky is filled with cruisers, lightning, debris and what not. Anyone who played the game should see it. MLAA may have edge crawling but generally speaking it it's far superior than QAA and TAA. And again, it has 10,0000 more pixels than crysis 2 on consoles with excellent AF to boot. So kz3 does look better, there's no way around it.

Man you really love your KZ3 don't you? :)Which is fine but reading your posts it seems as though you are trying to pass off your opinion as fact and trying to ram it down people's throats :) Some people like Kz3 others prefer the look of Crysis 2. They both look great but I definitely think Crysis 2 looks better. To me KZ3 looks great but it is very inconsistent in terms of textures, AA and that nasty pixel crawling effect. It really bothers my eyes in some spots. To me, that right there alone (pixel crawling) puts KZ3 behind Crysis 2. Yes MLAA was used in this game but the results were mixed at best. In fact if you go back to the Digital Foundary article here although they say they don't prefer QAA they talk as if AA was done better in KZ2.

Another thing is that the lighting is superb in Crysis 2. Taking into account the lighting in addition to the photo-realistic look in Crysis 2 and for me there is no way I can put KZ3 ahead of Crysis 2. Not to mention that the world in Crysis 2 seems more open while KZ3 is more linear and spiced up with some on-rail segments. Both look great but graphically Crysis 2> Killzone 3.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Good god, how many threads about Crysis 2 resolution are people going to make?

If you really care that much about 93,000 pixels you should be playing it on PC where the game belongs, and you can get an extra 1.5 million pixels per frame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
Member since 2008 • 2051 Posts
1152x720 is not really bad for consoles.
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gpuking

[QUOTE="gpuking"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

T-razor1

Man you really love your KZ3 don't you? :)Which is fine but reading your posts it seems as though you are trying to pass off your opinion as fact and trying to ram it down people's throats :) Some people like Kz3 others prefer the look of Crysis 2. They both look great but I definitely think Crysis 2 looks better. To me KZ3 looks great but it is very inconsistent in terms of textures, AA and that nasty pixel crawling effect. It really bothers my eyes in some spots. To me, that right there alone (pixel crawling) puts KZ3 behind Crysis 2. Yes MLAA was used in this game but the results were mixed at best. In fact if you go back to the Digital Foundary article here although they say they don't prefer QAA they talk as if AA was done better in KZ2.

Another thing is that the lighting is superb in Crysis 2. Taking into account the lighting in addition to the photo-realistic look in Crysis 2 and for me there is no way I can put KZ3 ahead of Crysis 2. Not to mention that the world in Crysis 2 seems more open while KZ3 is more linear and spiced up with some on-rail segments. Both look great but graphically Crysis 2> Killzone 3.

I love God of war 3 better but that's not the point. If you think the textures and AA are inconsistent in kz3 then crysis 2 console will make you vomit. MLAA does have its flaws but it's still far better than TAA which is pretty much a general consensus. Crysis 2's lighting sure looks great but the rest of the package just can't keep up such as sub hd res, bad pop ins, poor texture filtering, ghosting and that half broken AA . The polygon density are also more impressive in kz3's along with far more particles and dynamic lights on screen. If you prefer the photorealistic look of crysis 2 then go for it, but it sure looks blurry and jaggy on consoles at least.
kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12072 Posts

Open world shooter with destructible environments vs. corridor shooter with bland colors and static environment. I will take the prior. KZ is the most generic shooter ever. It is on the Timesplitters scale of generic.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Open world shooter with destructible environments vs. corridor shooter with bland colors and static environment. I will take the prior. KZ is the most generic shooter ever. It is on the Timesplitters scale of generic.

kuu2

Except Crysis 2 does'nt look all that open world anymore. Or destructible for that matter.

It's a point I did bring up when it came to Crysis VS Metro 2033 but let's see how it fares this time around.

For now, I can judge the KZ3 demo and tell you that it's not generic and it looks amazing for being on a console. Let's see how Crysis 2 does yes? So far, impressions have been.... Mixed.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
Damn, that really ruined the lemmings day didn't it, lol.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Well, the game looks amazing even in sub hd!

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

this thread barely passed the 40 posts, the other one where the PS3 alone was sub HD was like 100+ .

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts

this thread barely passed the 40 posts, the other one where the PS3 alone was sub HD was like 100+ .

omho88
Lemspot confirmed lol? anyways i'll be getting either the 360 or PC version.
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

Looks like crytek couldn't keep their earlier promises,sacrifices obviously had to made somewhere.

I'll be getting the PC version and playing it at 1080p,so I'm not to saddened by this news lol.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
[QUOTE="T-razor1"]

[QUOTE="gpuking"] Fail, kz3 is anything but lifeless or static. It has a lot more particles, dynamic lights on screen as well as tons more polygon density and more actions almost in every corners. The sky is filled with cruisers, lightning, debris and what not. Anyone who played the game should see it. MLAA may have edge crawling but generally speaking it it's far superior than QAA and TAA. And again, it has 10,0000 more pixels than crysis 2 on consoles with excellent AF to boot. So kz3 does look better, there's no way around it.gpuking

I love God of war 3 better but that's not the point. If you think the textures and AA are inconsistent in kz3 then crysis 2 console will make you vomit. MLAA does have its flaws but it's still far better than TAA which is pretty much a general consensus. Crysis 2's lighting sure looks great but the rest of the package just can't keep up such as sub hd res, bad pop ins, poor texture filtering, ghosting and that half broken AA . The polygon density are also more impressive in kz3's along with far more particles and dynamic lights on screen. If you prefer the photorealistic look of crysis 2 then go for it, but it sure looks blurry and jaggy on consoles at least.

I agree with you, but the problem is this is the same argument I use for Halo reach, like or not the technical merits behind the engine are impressive. The only glaring flaw is the temporal AA. Tessellated water with physics Very well done normal maps with excellent UV mapping GI with HDR and nicely done SSAO shadowing with a ballizon individual light sources Full Resolution Alpha and Volumetric Effects Absolutly wide open and beautiful Vistas Etc. Although I'd have to see the game in action, and from the newer videos the 360 crysis looks better. I would agree Killzone 3 looks better.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
What is this 1998?
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

Interesting stuff.

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

I've been gaming at higher resolutions on my PC since 1995.

dethroned3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dethroned3
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

there's so many graphics whores in these forums and in this thread.

you know who you are.