Borderlands 2; screentearing in abundance and performance issues...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -
PC version does not hold up. I lost so many guns and purple money... They either sink into the ground or exploded off the edge of a cliff. Tons of pop in and good bit of bugs.
#52 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Despite what that article says, you cannot tell the difference between the two versions.

Borderlands 2 PS3 vs 360 gameplay comparison

Anyone who says they see a difference is lying. The article is overrexaggerating things to please 360 and PC fanboys. I know plenty of people who got the game for PS3, they have no complaints.

The fact that you need a website to nit pick over to make you feel secure in your purchase says that the differences are not noticable to begin with.

Nanomage

Yeah,the very same site you used befor to back up some of you claims...now it´s not any good eh? :lol: Poor PS3 fanboys,fighting so hard and getting the crappiest ports of them all lolol.

These sites exist to make fanboys happy. No one who bought the PS3 version even cares about this. No one in real life notices a difference. If you need to visit a fanboy website to nit pick such minimal things then the differences are not noticable in the first place. It's not even an issue.

#53 Posted by lundy86_4 (48216 posts) -

The article is overrexaggerating things to please 360 and PC fanboys.

ShadowMoses900

Boom.

#54 Posted by Promised_Trini (3651 posts) -

Yup I got the PS3 Version,and I can tell you the screen tearing,and Frame Rate drops.Happen but not as bad as how it was in Part 1.

#55 Posted by Promised_Trini (3651 posts) -

PC version does not hold up. I lost so many guns and purple money... They either sink into the ground or exploded off the edge of a cliff. Tons of pop in and good bit of bugs.Truth_Hurts_U

That happens in all Versions of the game little one.

#56 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

Sony domination?
Sony domination.

Shirokishi_

Sony damnation?

#57 Posted by istreakforfood (7781 posts) -
[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]Look at the bright side at least PS3 owners get to play it unlike Wii only owners. Another game Wii misses out on.

Who's Wii only, really? Anyone who is probably doesn't care.

I'm sure people who disregarded CoD and ME franchise before being announced for WiiU will care.
#58 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -

Promised_Trini
No duh... But with a GTX 690... come the hell on... Console port FTL!
#59 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

thumbnail.aspx?q=4511223945102922&id=89b.

#60 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

[QUOTE="Promised_Trini"]

Truth_Hurts_U

wait people buy dual gpu's forplaying UNREAL ENGINE GAMES.. omg.. ahahahahah /deskpound omg ahahahahaah you gotta be kidding me.. i mean you would need to be some kind of ignorant bovine to think of doing something so stupid

i would also like to point out that unreal engine is an amd favored engine. if you has a 690 expect lousy game support and even worse since its a dual-gpu.

would you like me to show you the bioshock benchmarks?? where teh hd 5770 whooped the gtx 480's monkey ass (when it was oc'd)

#62 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Despite what that article says, you cannot tell the difference between the two versions.

Borderlands 2 PS3 vs 360 gameplay comparison

Anyone who says they see a difference is lying. The article is overrexaggerating things to please 360 and PC fanboys. I know plenty of people who got the game for PS3, they have no complaints.

The fact that you need a website to nit pick over to make you feel secure in your purchase says that the differences are not noticable to begin with.

Nanomage

Yeah,the very same site you used befor to back up some of you claims...now it´s not any good eh? :lol: Poor PS3 fanboys,fighting so hard and getting the crappiest ports of them all lolol.

poor cows.. unaware that the grass really is greener on the other side of their chest high fence :P

#63 Posted by PCgameruk (1657 posts) -

Consoles can't even run cell shaded game lolol:D

#64 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -
wait people buy dual gpu's forplaying UNREAL ENGINE GAMES.. omg.. ahahahahah /deskpound omg ahahahahaah you gotta be kidding me.. i mean you would need to be some kind of ignorant bovine to think of doing something so stupidionusX
Troll more please. Sorry you are jealous. Can't help you there. I just don't play borderlands 2 either. Fail more next time. :)
#65 Posted by locopatho (22920 posts) -
PC = awesome, 360 = still pretty good, PS3 = worst version, least playable, and Wii = doesn't get a version at all... Borderlands 2? Or... the entire gen in a nutshell? :P
#66 Posted by finalstar2007 (27870 posts) -

http://i.imgur.com/9p1N6.jpg.

TheGuardian03

eGEwZGF1MTI=_o_slam-dunk-rebound-king-ha.

#67 Posted by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"][QUOTE="Promised_Trini"]

ionusX

wait people buy dual gpu's forplaying UNREAL ENGINE GAMES.. omg.. ahahahahah /deskpound omg ahahahahaah you gotta be kidding me.. i mean you would need to be some kind of ignorant bovine to think of doing something so stupid

i would also like to point out that unreal engine is an amd favored engine. if you has a 690 expect lousy game support and even worse since its a dual-gpu.

would you like me to show you the bioshock benchmarks?? where teh hd 5770 whooped the gtx 480's monkey ass (when it was oc'd)

But doesn't Borderlands (1 and 2) favour nvidia cards? Let's not forget we're talking about a heavily modified version of unreal engine 3. It's included with the 660ti and supports physx!! Are you dense?

Like I said before the physx is borderlands 2 is very heavy and only a SLI setup or a card like the 690 can handle it.

#68 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"] wait people buy dual gpu's forplaying UNREAL ENGINE GAMES.. omg.. ahahahahah /deskpound omg ahahahahaah you gotta be kidding me.. i mean you would need to be some kind of ignorant bovine to think of doing something so stupidTruth_Hurts_U
Troll more please. Sorry you are jealous. Can't help you there. I just don't play borderlands 2 either. Fail more next time. :)

a typical response from a cow.. cant fight back logically so he reverts to accusing someone of jelly :cool:

i guess ps3 folks really are like cows.. you try and talk to them and all that comes out is a low toned moo rather than something comprehendable.

id also like to point out that if you bought a multi-plat fps on a console.. your doing it wrong :cool: simply put.. controllers suck at shooters.. tps or fps

#69 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (20152 posts) -

I'm noticing the same problems in the 2nd one that were in the 1st.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#70 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44588 posts) -

No one who bought the PS3 version even cares about this. No one in real life notices a difference.

ShadowMoses900

Yup I got the PS3 Version,and I can tell you the screen tearing,and Frame Rate drops.Happen but not as bad as how it was in Part 1.

Promised_Trini

lol. Silly, shadow. Justifying his purchase again.

#72 Posted by MK-Professor (4135 posts) -

PC = awesome, 360 = still pretty good, PS3 = worst version, least playable, and Wii = doesn't get a version at all... Borderlands 2? Or... the entire gen in a nutshell? :Plocopatho

you make it sound like the PC and 360 versions are similar in terms of graphics and performance, but in reality the 360 and ps3 are similar...

#73 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"] No duh... But with a GTX 690... come the hell on... Console port FTL!parkurtommo

But doesn't Borderlands (1 and 2) favour nvidia cards? Let's not forget we're talking about a heavily modified version of unreal engine 3. It's included with the 660ti and supports physx!! Are you dense?

Like I said before the physx is borderlands 2 is very heavy and only a SLI setup or a card like the 690 can handle it.

its not that well modified its jsut the latest revision thats had some texture swaps to allow for its more hand drawn look. in reality the heart that beats in it is the same one thats in hard reset or transformers: fall of cybertron.

if you would like i can show u the 0 fps benchmarks where the gtx 690 - 660ti fails at 1600p and multi-screen hard reset. you can add a game to a bundle.. you can add support for a gimmicky addition.. but you cant make it run better on your product like that.

crysis 2 is a prime example. in reality amd cards run it for the most part better than nvidia products. yet there was piles of bundled crysis 2 + cards. same can be said for deus ex HR, duke nukem forever, battlestation: pacific.. i could go on

the last time that held true was batman: arkham asylum and battleforge before it. and before that was crysis 1 but we all know what happened there

#74 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -
a typical response from a cow.. cant fight back logically so he reverts to accusing someone of jelly :cool:

i guess ps3 folks really are like cows.. you try and talk to them and all that comes out is a low toned moo rather than something comprehendable.

id also like to point out that if you bought a multi-plat fps on a console.. your doing it wrong :cool: simply put.. controllers suck at shooters.. tps or fps

ionusX
I like eating trolls.  I bust on PS3, Xbox and Wii... I'm not either or.
#75 Posted by finalstar2007 (27870 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

http://i.imgur.com/9p1N6.jpg.

TheGuardian03

eGEwZGF1MTI=_o_slam-dunk-rebound-king-ha.

http://i.imgur.com/bHLdF.jpg.

eGc2OHN1MTI=_o_slam-dunk---rebound-king-.

#76 Posted by Lems_R_Tools (247 posts) -
i love how Cows pretend not to care about this stuff. you know deep down its killing them they have to constantly play inferior Versions of games because they are to Cheap/Poor to afford XBL or a gaming PC, so they have no choice but to play it on PSN because the Multiplayer is free.
#77 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"] a typical response from a cow.. cant fight back logically so he reverts to accusing someone of jelly :cool:

Truth_Hurts_U

I like eating trolls.  I bust on PS3, Xbox and Wii... I'm not either or.

truth does hurt indeed

hardreset_5760_1080.gif

outscored by a hd 7770.. TTHBO :lol: dat framerate...0.0

#78 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (1106 posts) -
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Bought it on PS3. Didn't give a fvck ;)

That's cool, some people just have lower standards.

Fantastic. I'll let you know when I give a fvck then. :)

Hahaha he mad
#79 Posted by locopatho (22920 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]PC = awesome, 360 = still pretty good, PS3 = worst version, least playable, and Wii = doesn't get a version at all... Borderlands 2? Or... the entire gen in a nutshell? :PMK-Professor

you make it sound like the PC and 360 versions are similar in terms of graphics and performance, but in reality the 360 and ps3 are similar...

Nope, I know PC version is miles better. PhysX stuff is mindblowing.
#81 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -

truth does hurt indeed

ionusX
QQ Moar! LOL.  Get up to date benches nub and at my res.
#82 Posted by zassimick (10248 posts) -

What I've noticed most of all is a lot, and I mean A LOT, of texture pop-in. That's the worst that I've experienced playing the game on PS3 so far.

I'm loving the game though and those issues don't bother me. Woohoo Borderlands 2!

#83 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (22464 posts) -

Got it on the PC, game looks and play wonderfully. LOL at buying multiplats on PS3, you'd think those idiots would have learned by now. Pc-->360-->PS3 DERP.

Frostbite24
If you care about graphics, framerate and screen tearing then you shouldn't even be buying console multiplat games.
#84 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

what ps3 multiplats don't suck at framerate and graphics?

#85 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -
God I hate that Hammerlock guy. He's always sending me on random wtf missions where I get bumrushed by mutant fvcks. :x Anyways I figured the PS3 version would collapse under the weight of it's fail when GB had to go out of it's way to "ensure" the PS3 crowd that their version would run just as well as the other versions.
#86 Posted by RR360DD (13588 posts) -
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

Got it on the PC, game looks and play wonderfully. LOL at buying multiplats on PS3, you'd think those idiots would have learned by now. Pc-->360-->PS3 DERP.

DragonfireXZ95
If you care about graphics, framerate and screen tearing then you shouldn't even be buying console multiplat games.

Theres nothing wrong with the 360 version. Its not up there with the PC version, but its not broken like most PS3 multiplats
#87 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (22464 posts) -
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

RR360DD

Theres nothing wrong with the 360 version. Its not up there with the PC version, but its not broken like most PS3 multiplats

What I said still stands. You can't deny that the graphics of the 360 version doesn't come close to the PC version.
#88 Posted by locopatho (22920 posts) -
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

RR360DD

Plus it has split screen :)
#89 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

truth does hurt indeed

Truth_Hurts_U

QQ Moar! LOL. Get up to date benches nub and at my res.

sure will do right after we bench an amd southern islands dual gpu o wai...silly fool y on earth would u get a 1000 dollar gpu that will cease to have support after 1 year and strictly to play games at 1920 x 1080.. if you wanted to max games at 1920 x 1080.. why not do the smart thing and get a gpu that actually works like a gtx 680 or a 7970ghz ed.

simply put (as i stated earlier) you need to be a moron to get a dual gpu their overpriced and excel only in select games. in others they croak.. hard. or would u like me to bring up the myriad history of dual gpu's epic failing.. like how the gtx 295 couldnt play hawx 1 or how abut the hd 4870x2... ooh dayum.. how about we discuss the gtx 590 EXPLODING or maybe the mars II and its 10,000 dollar price tag.

dual gpu's suck plain and simple your an idiot for buying one.. and then using it for a resolution so bloody low.

again u HBO

the problem isnt that it isnt powerful but the fact that it gets these results when your playing at such high res which you should be able to afford. simply put.. dont buy a 1000 dollar gpu.. then whine about problems with games when your not pushing its limitation and dont whine even when you do because you bought a useless gimmicky product. dual gpu's will only become practical when single gpu's stop getting made

#90 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

To bad this not come to WiiU, 1080p/60 fps :cry:

Wiiyou

Sony promised that with PS3. And well....

Seems like PS3 gets the short straw again. The evidence is all there that the system is a pain in the rectum to port to yet cows don't see it

#91 Posted by blaze_adeel (933 posts) -
butthurt fanboys at it again! everybody trying to justify their purchase. An average gamer cant even tell the difference between the two versions side by side. just so i m clear i own both consoles.
#92 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -
sure will do right after we bench an amd southern islands dual gpu o wai...silly fool y on earth would u get a 1000 dollar gpu that will cease to have support after 1 year and strictly to play games at 1920 x 1080.. if you wanted to max games at 1920 x 1080.. why not do the smart thing and get a gpu that actually works like a gtx 680 or a 7970ghz ed.

simply put (as i stated earlier) you need to be a moron to get a dual gpu their overpriced and excel only in select games. in others they croak.. hard. or would u like me to bring up the myriad history of dual gpu's epic failing.. like how the gtx 295 couldnt play hawx 1 or how abut the hd 4870x2... ooh dayum.. how about we discuss the gtx 590 EXPLODING or maybe the mars II and its 10,000 dollar price tag.

dual gpu's suck plain and simple your an idiot for buying one.. and then using it for a resolution so bloody low.

again u HBO

the problem isnt that it isnt powerful but the fact that it gets these results when your playing at such high res which you should be able to afford. simply put.. dont buy a 1000 dollar gpu.. then whine about problems with games when your not pushing its limitation and dont whine even when you do because you bought a useless gimmicky product. dual gpu's will only become practical when single gpu's stop getting made

ionusX
You a sad troll you don't even try. I'm sorry your a jelly noob that don't know anthing about PC's and that you spew pure crap. I'll leave you with this so you can QQ in your sleep at night.
#93 Posted by KiZZo1 (3974 posts) -

Isn't screen tearing actually good?

#94 Posted by lundy86_4 (48216 posts) -

KiZZo1

Why?

#95 Posted by Zensword (4497 posts) -
Both Sony and GB are to blame.
#96 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

KiZZo1

What? :? no. It means your screen refresh rate isn't syncing with your hardware and causes those split lines in the screen. There is absolutely nothing good about it. It's very distracting and makes camera movement look terribly jerky

#97 Posted by Ballroompirate (25676 posts) -

I havent noticed any screen tearing yet in Boarderlands 2, I still need to save Roland so it will probably show up once I get into bigger fights, even then don't care game is awesome.

Also Hermits are pretty funny, cause they act like no games have performance issues on PC's is sooo cute ;)

#98 Posted by Senor_Kami (8529 posts) -

PS3 getting the shaft again,this is becoming the standard these days.Nanomage

Becoming? It's been the standard since launch.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#99 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44588 posts) -
[QUOTE="blaze_adeel"]butthurt fanboys at it again! everybody trying to justify their purchase. An average gamer cant even tell the difference between the two versions side by side. just so i m clear i own both consoles.

Screentearing and frame rate issues are very noticeable, twit.
#100 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -
Not surprising. Borderlands 1 on PS3 had several performance issues since it was an open world game and PS3 can't handle those. Makes sense that BL2 shares similar problems.