Bold prediction: If any of the big 3 drop out, it'll be Microsoft, not Nintendo

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Since some of you are confused, I'm not saying that MS will drop Xbox; I'm saying that they're the ones with the biggest chance of choosing to drop out. Also, posting stuff like market caps shows that you haven't read the thread and have no understanding of business whatsoever.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito: Actually, I have been objective AF when it comes to MS and I am all out of patience for this chickenshit. I had pledged to this board and everybody that I would buy a scorpio if ms showed games I would want one for. . . You know. . . Like an actual gamer.

I'm done with this pin the tail on the donkey game that xbox fanboys have played on this forum. The onus is NOT on any of us to just accept any and all bullshit for the sake of acceptance by yours or any other faction. The bar CANNOT BE SET ANY LOWER for a console when it comes to the sliding goal posts and unfulfilled expectations on thia goddamn XBox brand. The shoe doesn't fit and I'm not going to wear it any more.

There is a BASIC MODICUM of expectation that ahould be met when showing off a new console. Even Nintendo can clearly show games running on Switch that warrant owning one. MS is too busy selling feckless losers on every gamers table scraps and it is ON YOU that you are willing to be "that guy". You DARE to question me or ANYONE ELSE on thia forum for fanboyism? Let me tell you, bucko, a fanboy would not own a Switch on Day One. A fanboy would not be patiently waiting for pricing on a 16 core Threadripper. A fanboy would not tune in to MSes conference EXPECTING GOOD NEWS. You have playes your hand. Your console of choice has played its hand. The brand on your favorite plastic box stands for EVERYBODY ELSES GAMES without a ONE to call its own.

Piss off with thia bullshit. Scorpio isn't an XBox One, it is an XBox ZERO. . . And if it doesn't absolutely kill you inside that it's not about shit, then the fanboy is you. Sit the f down and let the grownups speak. Good day.

Hahahaha you can't be serious with that. You unbiased and MS do not go together. Your posting history proves this.

What's that saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice......never fool me again - GWB" Sorry dude but I don't believe you. Your deep hatred for MS has been proven with every post of yours.

And there you go. You're saying the bar is set low because YOU don't like what MS has done. That's not a fact cowgenja, that's your opinion and a biased one at that.

So once again your biased opinion comes thru. You didn't like the X1X E3 then that's your opinion and not a fact. YOUR opinion is biased though and we all know it. Why you're trying to fool anyone into thinking otherwise is beyond me.

Yeah, I DARE cowgenja. Your posting history is proof of your fanboyism and pure hatred for MS and the XBox brand. Hell you cried for months about MS owing you some apology haha wtf like they owe you anything. You ARE a fanboy, you ARE biased and I DARE to call you out on it.

Sorry but a fanboy CAN own a switch day 1, a fanboy CAN "patiently" wait for the price on a 16 core Threadripper. It's possible for fanboys to own any number of systems but STILL be a fanboy. That would be YOU, a fanboy, a cow and someone that hates Xbox. YOUR posting history proves it. A fanboy would tune into the MS conference but not looking for good news though they would try and fool everything into thinking they were(that would be you). You're not fooling anyone dude so save the bullshit for someone that doesn't know your posting history or is a gullible cow.

There we go, that MS hate I was talking about. Still trying to make people believe you're unbiased? No it doesn't "kill" me inside cowgenja since it'll have the best performance of any console, fantastic console exclusive games (no sharing games with PC doesn't bother me in the slightest) and the best controller IMO. Why would anything else beyond that upset me?

You mean let the fanboys sling biased opinions while crying because they think some company owes them an apology? Is that what you mean by grownup conversation? Yeah I'll leave that to you cows that seem to think gaming is anything other than a hobby we do for fun. I think you need to take a break from gaming because it sure seems like you take this shit wwaaaaayyyyyyy to seriously.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@kingtito said:
@blueinheaven said:
@kingtito said:
@blueinheaven said:
@kingtito said:

I hardly think you 2 cows are in any position to speak on MSs behalf or predict who would leave the industry 1st given your massive cow statuses.

PC, PS4 and Xbox One (for Halo MCC) owner here, dumbass.

Commenting on how MS have pretty much fucked up the entire gen from their viewpoint does not make anyone a 'cow' though I appreciate you're probably 12 years old at best and any kind of mature logical thought process is completely beyond you.

Now now no need for name calling but I guess that's about all you're good for huh?

The entire gen huh? Talk about hyperbole. MS didn't **** anything other than it's reveal. You're not happy with them then that's YOUR problem. Not everyone thinks as narrowly minded as you and your ilk.

No but your posting history and ill will towards anything MS sure as hell does.....cow.

I'm probably older than you given your rational towards consoles and particular manufacturers. They're just inanimate objects to me but seem to be a whole lot more to you. As if you have some personal relationship with them or something. And you say I don't have a mature thought process....ppffftttttt

Are you either too young or just too stupid to counter any of the points I made in my original post? Do you have nothing to say at all beyond calling people 'cow' if you don't like what they say?

What do you have to say? Come on, dumbass, let's hear your opinion. You can do it, have a thought for the first time in your life instead of bleating 'cow cow cow' like a fucking parrot.

I am going to annoy you into actually saying something relevant to what other people are saying. Between us we can fool the entire forum into thinking you're not a braindead waste of space.

Okay, go back and read the posts you have replied to and THINK before you reply to them this time. It might hurt, stick with it. We're all rooting for you.

What's the matter cow, can't have a conversation without slinging names? If there was ever a sign of immaturity that would be it. Congrats on proving who the immature one is here.

No, I call you a cow because that's what you are. You're sitting here pretending like you're unbiased against MS and the XBox and we all know that to be false. My point is you're a cow and you've proven your inability to objectivity when it comes to MS.

What's the matter cow, you mad? Yeah, you're mad. I must have really hit a nerve son. By all means continue your meltdown

Hahah you're not going to annoy me kid, quiet the opposite. I'm enjoying your meltdown. You're really nothing more than a jukebox cow and I have you dancing the dance all I had to do was say you're biased and your opinion means nothing. Look at you now hahahaha mad as hell and melting down like the cow you are.

Sorry kid, nothing you have to say about MS is going to be objective. Pretty much the point I was making being you're a cow and all.

Meltdown son

lol, more illiterate drivel about 'cows'. It's like trying to have a discussion with a small child. Yep, another hilariously low IQ Lemming loser, confirmed and noted, thanks for taking part, kiddo.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 kingtito

@quadknight said:

@pinkanimal: When lems have lost an argument and have no way to fight back they regurgitate the same lame responses like "butthurt" or "meltdown". They don't have the games so they can't use that as an argument and they certainly don't have the power with PCs out there so they don't know how to respond. To top it all off, the Switch and PS4 are completely obliterating the FlopBox in sales so they can't even play the sales card ?.

Hahaha you can't be serious with all the meltdowns you have. Then YOU resort to posting "he mad" gifs and "butthurt" have I introduced you to kettle?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts

@techhog89 said:

Since some of you are confused, I'm not saying that MS will drop Xbox; I'm saying that they're the ones with the biggest chance of choosing to drop out. Also, posting stuff like market caps shows that you haven't read the thread and have no understanding of business whatsoever.

I minored in business..........and im the one who posted the market cap info.............because it is relevant.

Ask me how...........please ask me how :P

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Cow and Cow ALTs losing it since Scorpio was announced.

November 7th cometh Sony Fan. All your pain will be ended.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@kingtito: Difference is I actually say why people are mad and butthurt. Clowns like you just write "butthurt" and run off like little girls without elaborating on why you think the person is butthurt. ? Why should cows be butthurt the Xbone is flopping and has no games? You're an epic fail just like you FailBoneX.

PS: Anyone defending Crackdown 3 in this thread is already selfREKT. That game has dogshit and flop written all over it. ? It will be lucky to score a 7/10.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Techhog89

@navyguy21: Yeah, you definitely minored. The only semi-relevant point from that would be the fact that Sony is in financial trouble, but that does a poor job of illustrating that point. MS's market cap would still be over $500 billion even if Xbox we're deep in the red, so again it adds nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#109 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Some legit meltdowns. Nice.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@techhog89 said:

Your first mistake was assuming lems can actually read lol.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 kingtito

@blueinheaven: So mad cow. You continue your meltdown little one. Keep trying to fool the mass into thinking you're objective. Let me grab a few more quarters

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@kingtito said:

@blueinheaven: So mad cow. You continue your meltdown little one. Keep trying to fool the mass into thinking you're objective. Let me grab a few more quarters

Please don't stop, you embarrass yourself further with every single post. Go on say 'cow' at someone again, lol, cringeworthy stuff this and we all have a ringside seat.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Sony is still in mass debt.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 kingtito

@blueinheaven said:
@kingtito said:

Please don't stop, you embarrass yourself further with every single post. Go on say 'cow' at someone again, lol, cringeworthy stuff this and we all have a ringside seat.

Why so mad cow? I know you're butthurt. It's evident when you started slinging insults, it's THEE tail tail sign. Tell me some more stories about how you're objective and unbiased towards MS and the Xbox? I'd like to laugh at you some more son.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

MS is just getting real. Traditional consoles is a dying business and every exclusive they put out on an Xbox basically makes them lose that PC money.

It only makes sense for them to merge. I'm still waiting on them to unlock the XBox and just say '**** it. put Windows 10 on it if you want.'

The world goes on and nobody cares except Sony and Nintendo fanboys who will cry failure.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Yeah, got news for #TeamSonyisinTrouble

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@pyro1245: Windows 10 is on Xbox. Almost for 2 years now.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Obviously I'm talking about the regular open version - basically the main difference that differentiates the console from a generic PC - the freedom to do whatever you want. At that point you could put Linux on it too.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Shewgenja

@the-a-baum said:

I would buy a One X tomorrow if I could install Steam on it.

Womp Womp.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By The-A-Baum

@Shewgenja: Why? Are you not one of those I already have a gaming PC guys with the highest specs?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Shewgenja

@the-a-baum said:

@Shewgenja: Why? Are you not one of those I already have a gaming PC guys with the highest specs?

I was being facetious. I couldn't buy a Scorpio tomorrow, anyways, since they are not on sale yet. I just thought it was funny you were calling it a Win10 machine. And hey, it would probably buy me just enough time to get a Step 2 Threadripper instead. lolz

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By The-A-Baum

@Shewgenja: Honestly though on the windows 10 thing there are some pretty cool apps. I was watching free new movies through one last night on my couch. probably will be shut down soon but cool for now.

I hope you are kinda seeing my point regarding the future of consoles. Nobody really knows at this point, and they are just at the starting line. It may be a stream type included box. All Digital, always online, (gasp) no discs, mixed realty, VR, AR who knows?

I just see the moves MS making is thinking years ahead, which brings us back to the subject of the thread. This a hundred of billions $$$ industry and there is no way in hell they don't want a big piece of that pie. They are the biggest software company in the world and it makes 0 sense for them not to be in gaming.

Again, I don't want anyone out, and hope they are all around for a long time. Why would anyone?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Shewgenja

@the-a-baum said:

@Shewgenja: Honestly though on the windows 10 thing there are some pretty cool apps. I was watching free new movies through one last night on my couch. probably will be shut down soon but cool for now.

I hope you are kinda seeing my point regarding the future of consoles. Nobody really knows at this point, and they are just at the starting line. It may be a stream type included box. All Digital, always online, (gasp) no discs, mixed realty, VR, AR who knows?

I just see the moves MS making is thinking years ahead, which brings us back to the subject of the thread. This a hundred of billions $$$ industry and there is no way in hell they don't want a big piece of that pie. They are the biggest software company in the world and it makes 0 sense for them not to be in gaming.

Again, I don't want anyone out, and hope they are all around for a long time. Why would anyone?

Well, while we're clearing the air, I'll just say that I was a YUGE fan of the first XBox and got my 360 just a few months after launch. I've been an XBox guy. I was one of those guys in the forums that was all about the big money and the huge industry takeover with lots of games. When the 360 started taking the big names from Playstation, I was right there on the team. I KNEW deep down in my heart that Sony did real big things with Playstation and brought the industry to a tipping point, but it was going to be Microsoft that ultimately took things a step further.

If you had asked a 2007 Shewgenja where MS and gaming were going in 2017, I'd have told you we would be talking about consoles breaking the 200 million mark and that consoles were going to be the next smart phone. That a Windows-based smart hub would run everything from the movies you watched to your air conditioner and home security even. That the games would be beyond belief and MS, with their software development prowess, would be pumping out big franchise and new IPs like an unforgiving and unrelenting machine.

Yet, here we are. Clearly, none of that happened. MS isn't even using a game console as a trojan horse for anything considering they don't actually make the games to drive that adoption. It's all ass-backwards. I wanted SO MUCH more from XBox, and all the promises and lofty dreams of not only myself but a huge majority of that original fanbase is just dust in the wind. This new generation of yes-man apologists in the XBox fanbase don't just make me sick because I hate a brand name and they are the enemy. They make me sick because they are content to settle with a pissing match between two companies that on paper, should have never been on equal footing any way.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By The-A-Baum

@Shewgenja: So they should get out a business that makes them billions? Or Just what you want, and how does that benefit you or anyone?

I agree they should be miles away from Sony, but they are doing stuff far down the road already. We still don't even know what Mixed reality is.

leonkennedy97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125  Edited By leonkennedy97
Member since 2017 • 83 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Lol what? Sony's most successful division is Playstation. Their market value as a company has quadrupled in the past 4 years. The PS division isnt going anywhere. They would sell Sony pictures if things got bad enough and right now things are actually looking good for the company.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Shewgenja

@the-a-baum said:

@Shewgenja: So they should get out a business that makes them billions? Or Just what you want, and how does that benefit you or anyone?

I agree they should be miles away from Sony, but they are doing stuff far down the road already. We still don't even know what Mixed reality is.

I think that if they are not willing to bring the games, they should make room for someone who will.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#127 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

You might be right about that TC. MS seems to be making and releasing less games these days even though they showed off the XB1X. If M$ does drop out they'll still have tons of money.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#128 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

One thing that MS has demonstrated time and time again is that they can drop support of hardware and software without flinching.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By NeonicTrash
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

@quadknight said:

A console with no exclusives is a worthless console. How the hell do you announce a console and not have games to sell it with and on top of that ask people $500 for the damn thing? I own a PC that runs rings around their crappy DynamicBoneX in power and games. It seems these clowns forget the main reason people buy consoles, it's not for graphics it's for unique exclusive games.

Wrong on all counts. If your first statement was true, Xbox sales would've absolutely plummeted since they started putting 1st party games on PC. You can't provide demonstrable proof this has happened? X1 sales are actually outpacing 360 sales, a fact those that love to use the argument "360 had the exclusives and X1 doesn't!" conveniently ignore. Their business model and continued X1 sales is proof that X1 owners will buy X1 hardware, and their 1st party exclusives on Xbox irrelevant of those same titles being on PC.

As far as launch titles, it's not a console that requires or runs new, hardware specific software. It's launching with every XB1 game ever, improving them, improving 360 titles. What "LAUNCH" games did PS4 Pro release with? Certain games like Crackdown 3 are releasing on X1X launch day.

$500 for an optional upgrade that outperforms Sony's nearest equivalent, the Pro, in every way. Can't charge 399 for the vastly superior hardware.

Nobody cares about your PC or what it can do. Xbox is a choice. If people wanted to mostly game on PC, they would.

People like you take your PC/PS4 set ups and project it onto everyone else's needs and wants for gaming. I game mainly on an Xbox. I have a competent laptop for general PC purposes, not gaming. I don't want to game on PC. I don't buy consoles based solely on exclusives.

Sales of PS4 and XB1 exclusives show most people don't buy consoles for exclusives, when you compare exclusives sales to overall install bases, and contrast those numbers with sales of biggest multiplatform AAAs. The biggest exception of that though, would be Nintendo, not Sony. But this is only because Nintendo stopped trying to compete hardware power wise after Gamecube, and also stopped securing robust 3rd party support. Their entire hardware lineup relies upon their 1st party cause they haven't had real 3rd party support in over a decade. With the lack of 3rd party it makes it obvious that since basically Gamecube, some would even argue since N64, Nintendo subsists on its 1st party as they give little other reason to buy their hardware. Many people bought N64 based on its breakthrough graphics at the time compared to everything else.

I think the main reason people will buy a NEW console is to play games, in general. To upgrade their graphics and tech compared to the console they have, if they are a console gamer. The most obvious traditional difference between gens has been the leap in visuals, so you can't go against history and say graphics hasn't been a main reason a lot of people have bought into newly released consoles.

New gen console launches wouldn't historically have been nearly as big a deal if they were just arbitrarily able to play new exclusive software, that looked no better than previous gen consoles could run. The visuals have to be a new experience as much as the game content itself.

Super Mario 64 was an exclusive game, but if it had only LOOKED about as good as SNES's Super Mario World, people would NOT have cared nearly as much, and wanted to rush out and buy an N64 for that experience, like they did.

Most traditional console launches have had sparse game lineups to begin with. Few new gen consoles have launched with that killer must have title. I don't even think the NES would've been as big as it was if Super Mario still had Atari quality graphics. It needed to not only play great, but look better than what people were used to Atari games looking like.

Sega didn't have Sonic to launch the Genesis. What they did have was a visual experience far greater than the NES....better graphics. Huge exclusives like Sonic came years later. People were buying Genesis consoles before there ever was a Sonic though, and a lot of those buys were based simply on the graphics. No Sega exclusives post-Genesis era could save or massively sell any of their successive hardware. And they had a lot of exclusives.

Wii U had its share of exclusives, they didn't sell the hardware. X1's mixed messaging reveal, and higher price point at launch...I think those 2 things alone would still give PS4 the sales lead even if they'd had the exact same game libraries up to this point. Some people switched to PS just cause of RROD 360 issues, nothing to do with PS4 exclusives, many of the biggest ones not even releasing till years after PS4 launch. I think too many people make the knee jerk presumption it's PS4's exclusives that explain the sales gap. I don't think that's the main factor.

The power and performance of the original Xbox sold a lot of people on the console, not necessarily the exclusives.

I think exclusives matter less now than they did then, in the 90s or early 2000s. Such parity between console and PC AAAs now. Being the most powerful console is a perfectly viable business strategy, even if Xbox doesn't have as many exclusives.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

What would be the financial reason for Microsoft to drop out?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#131 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

What would be the financial reason for Microsoft to drop out?

At the moment none.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 NeonicTrash

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@CanYouDiglt: Crackdown 3 looks like dog shit. Last gen graphics with Saints Row gameplay.

Says the guy who probably watched none of E3 in 4k cause he doesn't own a 4k display, so you don't even actually know what it looks like.

There were no native 4k console games last gen. Factually impossible statement you made there. It has a non-photorealism style, that doesn't equal last gen graphics.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Techhog89

@NFJSupreme: Read my post at the top of page 3. Also, look up the word "if."

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 NeonicTrash

@pinkanimal said:

@quadknight: OMG, I just saw that locked thread about "teh biased IGN Sony-loving tweet" lol lemmings are the snowflakes of gaming now.

That was my thread, and it was a legitimate post. IGN twisted a simple X1X feature by using the word "FORCE" to try to make it seem like something negative.

They continue to pull bullshit by recently posting Crash remastered gameplay and putting 4k/60fps in the title of the video, when anyone with basic knowledge of that game knows that on Pro it runs 1440p/30fps.

They blatantly got called out for it in the comments and the title of the video is now changed to just saying "captured in 4k".

There is a real gaming media bias against Xbox, and most of it simply has to do with PS4 being the market leader in sales, and people riding their dick.

Almost all your posts are just mindless trolling. Your completely bias and rarely make any points, in fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything but pro-Sony trolling.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@NeonicTrash said:
@pinkanimal said:

@quadknight: OMG, I just saw that locked thread about "teh biased IGN Sony-loving tweet" lol lemmings are the snowflakes of gaming now.

That was my thread, and it was a legitimate post. IGN twisted a simple X1X feature by using the word "FORCE" to try to make it seem like something negative.

They continue to pull bullshit by recently posting Crash remastered gameplay and putting 4k/60fps in the title of the video, when anyone with basic knowledge of that game knows that on Pro it runs 1440p/30fps.

They blatantly got called out for it in the comments and the title of the video is now changed to just saying "captured in 4k".

There is a real gaming media bias against Xbox, and most of it simply has to do with PS4 being the market leader in sales, and people riding their dick.

Almost all your posts are just mindless trolling. Your completely bias and rarely make any points, in fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything but pro-Sony trolling.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Pedro said:

One thing that MS has demonstrated time and time again is that they can drop support of hardware and software without flinching.

For everyone in here thinking about possibilities, Sony's done it before too.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#137  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

How i see it.

Microsoft already moving away from your traditional console war providing all their otherwise console exclusives to a different platform, PC that is. While retain their console division are going multiplatform software wise, thats the only difference i see at this point vs companies like SEGA that let their console division go while went multiplatform.

Nintendo moved away from your traditional console and doing their own thing providing a traditional handheld with the ability to connect on TV.

So if you ask me both MS and Nintendo moving away from console war as we know it each in their own way.

No_bo_dy_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By No_bo_dy_83
Member since 2017 • 142 Posts

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/digital-games-market-worth-83-2-billion-2016/

So why Microsoft should drop out again?

No Caption Provided

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#139  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Nintendo needs consoles, since gaming is all it's got.

Sony needs PlayStation, since that is its most successful division.

Microsoft doesn't need Xbox, since that's one of its weaker divisions.

...It stands to reason that Microsoft is the most likely to drop-out, simply because it doesn't need Xbox.

No_bo_dy_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 No_bo_dy_83
Member since 2017 • 142 Posts

@Jag85 said:

...It stands to reason that Microsoft is the most likely to drop-out, simply because it doesn't need Xbox.

11% is weak?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#142  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@no_bo_dy_83 said:
@Jag85 said:

11% is weak?

Let's put it another way:

• If Nintendo drops-out of consoles, it would be catastrophic for Nintendo.
  • If Sony drops-out of consoles, it would be catastrophic for Sony.
  • If Microsoft drops-out of consoles, it wouldn't matter much for Microsoft.

It's about necessity. Microsoft doesn't need Xbox nearly as much as Sony or Nintendo need consoles.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@no_bo_dy_83 said:
@Jag85 said:

11% is weak?

Let's put it another way:

• If Nintendo drops-out of consoles, it would be catastrophic for Nintendo.
  • If Sony drops-out of consoles, it would be catastrophic for Sony.
  • If Microsoft drops-out of consoles, it wouldn't matter much for Microsoft.

It's about necessity. Microsoft doesn't need Xbox nearly as much as Sony or Nintendo need consoles.

of course, but 11% doesn't make it not necessary.

Xbox overall is growing, so MS is fine where they are.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 NeonicTrash

By that logic, MS never NEEDED to enter the console market in 2001, but Sega bowed out and MS stepped up and saw an opportunity and have carved out a massive niche for themselves in a space they didn't previously exist in, and have made billions in annual revenue since.

Another way to look at it is, no, MS doesn't NEED Xbox, but they are so monolithic, and it brings in additional revenue, so why the hell not? They unlike Sony and Nintendo can withstand all kinds of industry lows and lulls and not feel the slightest pinch..to me that is a strength for them, and really, the gaming industry in general...that MS isn't going anywhere.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Obviously

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#146 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@Star67: James Bond is bad?wow

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@quadknight said:

@FLOPPAGE_50: ? Same lame gifs. Next thing you know you'll start crying in the thread about how cows love to attack your precious wife the Xbone. You need new material son, your shit got old months ago, Tell Uncle Phil to release games on your FlopBoneX instead of having meltdowns here, Maybe if they release some quality games people will actually buy the damn thing and you'll stop living in fear of them abandoning the flop.