Blue Dragon on 3 discs actually really bothers me

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrutonNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrutonNYC
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts

I must say that im still looking forward to playing this game but I just cant help the fact it being on multiple discs just bothers me. I know its not THAT big of a deal but in a way it kind of is. I mean wow, when you think about it the last time a console has seen multiple disc games was back in the PSone era in the mid 90s, here we are in 2007, a decade later and Large games such as Blue dragon are still on multiple discs?!

The worst part about it is, it seems like the 360 is moving backwards instead of forward, sure the xbox live is the bomb and very groundbreaking in terms of live service but DVD9 is becoming a thing of the past, like it or not.. it is.  I mean sure I might have paid $200.00 more for the PS3 than I did for the 360 but atleast they are using blu ray to eliminate games having to be on multiple discs. And its not because im lazy and i dont feel like changing the disc, its just the principal of the thing. I mean this is the year 2007, its been years since a game has been on multiple discs now the 360 is making a game on not 2 BUT 3 DISCS?! I mean come on, whats up with that? That would be like Nintendo going back to cartridges.. Well maybe not that drastic but you catch my drift.

As my sig indicates, I do own both consoles and im not neccesairly calling the 360 bad in anyway because i like it a lot, but In actuality, all system wars aside, Sony made a very good move making PS3 blu ray, thats my opnion. Because lets face it, multiple disc games are soo 90s

harry2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 harry2k5
Member since 2005 • 656 Posts

I must say that im still looking forward to playing this game but I just cant help the fact it being on multiple discs just bothers me. I know its not THAT big of a deal but in a way it kind of is. I mean wow, when you think about it the last time a console has seen multiple disc games was back in the PSone era in the mid 90s, here we are in 2007, a decade later and Large games such as Blue dragon are still on multiple discs?!

The worst part about it is, it seems like the 360 is moving backwards instead of forward, sure the xbox live is the bomb and very groundbreaking in terms of live service but DVD9 is becoming a thing of the past, like it or not.. it is. I mean sure I might have paid $200.00 more for the PS3 than I did for the 360 but atleast they are using blu ray to eliminate games having to be on multiple discs. And its not because im lazy and i dont feel like changing the disc, its just the principal of the thing. I mean this is the year 2007, its been years since a game has been on multiple discs now the 360 is making a game on not 2 BUT 3 DISCS?! I mean come on, whats up with that? That would be like Nintendo going back to cartridges.. Well maybe not that drastic but you catch my drift.

As my sig indicates, I do own both consoles and im not neccesairly calling the 360 bad in anyway because i like it a lot, but In actuality, all system wars aside, Sony made a very good move making PS3 blu ray, thats my opnion. Because lets face it, multiple disc games are soo 90s

BrutonNYC

do you really feel that way or are you just trying so desperately to increase your post count? 

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not a lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly I can do it for Blue Dragon.
Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts
multiple discs wooptie doo.. How many hours does it take per disc?
BrutonNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrutonNYC
[QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

The worst part about it is, it seems like the 360 is moving backwards instead of forward, sure the xbox live is the bomb and very groundbreaking in terms of live service but DVD9 is becoming a thing of the past, like it or not.. it is. I mean sure I might have paid $200.00 more for the PS3 than I did for the 360 but atleast they are using blu ray to eliminate games having to be on multiple discs. And its not because im lazy and i dont feel like changing the disc, its just the principal of the thing. I mean this is the year 2007, its been years since a game has been on multiple discs now the 360 is making a game on not 2 BUT 3 DISCS?! I mean come on, whats up with that? That would be like Nintendo going back to cartridges.. Well maybe not that drastic but you catch my drift.

harry2k5

do you really feel that way or are you just trying so desperately to increase your post count? 

Yes i really feel that way. Ive tried to ignore it for quite some time, but its just one of those things that bugs me for some reason, a game in this day and age just should not be on multiple discs, pure and simple

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts

What do you expect? RPG's on the 360 will be multiplat. Not that it's a problem, just that developers are going for the high def of gaming. And fmv type movies for rpg's is sure to take up a lot of space on the DVD9.

Edit: -cough- Excuse me. That's multidisk.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
It's because the Xbox did a 360 and instead of moving forward it went back a generation.
BrutonNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrutonNYC

I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly and can do it for Blue Dragon.bigboss5ak

Dude it has nothing to do with that whatsoever. Its the principal of thing, I mean dude think about it.. Its been a decade since we have had multiple disc games, the Gamecube and PS2 for cryin out loud didnt even have any multiple disc games, this is suppose to be "next gen"

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
Why do I have the feeling Blue Dragon has a s***load of CGI? Either that or Mistwalker programmers are inept. Besides how big of a deal is it? The Legend of Dragoon came on 4 disks and it was still a blast.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Wouldn't it be something if GTA4 for 360 came in 3 discs as well?I would have a hearty laugh that day.
XYZVector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XYZVector
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
[QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

harry2k5

Why would he write a rant about 3 disks to up post coun't why not simple one's, this guy really belives himself. 3 Disks, man I have so many 2 disk PS2 games. What I have to get up in 9 hours after starting the game to change a disk, how freaking lazy can one get :roll:.

Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly and can do it for Blue Dragon.BrutonNYC

Dude it has nothing to do with that whatsoever. Its the principal of thing, I mean dude think about it.. Its been a decade since we have had multiple disc games, the Gamecube and PS2 for cryin out loud didnt even have any multiple disc games, this is suppose to be "next gen"

Actually the Gamecube and PS2 did have multiple discs :| 

BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts
I can't remeber the last game I had to change disc on maybe on the ps1 back in the day ??
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly and can do it for Blue Dragon.BrutonNYC

Umm all Resident Evil games were multiple disc. You = owned, like that's a challenge...

Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

I honestly don't know whats the big deal is.

i mean it's just a couple of steps (depending on your setup).

wtf?

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts

Well at the end of the day multiple disks still doesnt stop one from being a great game.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

Bruton's Threads Really Bother me.

Honestly could you explain how multiple discs makes a game less enjoyable.

*Awaits the most ridiculous response a fanboy can think up* 

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly and can do it for Blue Dragon.DXGreat1_HGL

Umm all Resident Evil games were multiple disc. You = owned, like that's a challenge...

Actually,if my memory serves me correctly,wasn't the extra Resi4 GC disc only for extra content(The Ada mission,and shooting challenges)?I could be mistaken though.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dualshockin

wtf?

Oscar-Wilde
It's a big deal imo because there will never be a Ps3 game that requires more than 1 disc for play.
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly and can do it for Blue Dragon.Dualshockin

Actually,if my memory serves me correctly,wasn't the extra Resi4 GC disc only for extra content(The Ada mission,and shooting challenges)?I could be mistaken though.

Nope. Can't remember the exact point for the disc swap, but it was needed.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not a lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly I can do it for Blue Dragon.bigboss5ak
i don't think it's abut being lazy but more about what if one of the CD's doesn't work after awhile? Dis2 and 3 of FF7 ain't nothing without disc 1 and if that gets scratched your screwed and left with disc 2 and 3. If it's on one disc there not as mch swapping and risk of them getting scratched.
Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly and can do it for Blue Dragon.Dualshockin

Nope it was all game.

also now that i remember Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams was multiple disks

also Tales of Symphonia had multiple disks

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
I wouldn't really mind for a JRPG, but considering Blu-ray diodes are already like $8 it was just far better for Sony, developers, and consumers to just bite the bullet and put it in. The real problem for 360 is when the disc space starts to severely limit other kinds of games. I mean even if they squeez GTA4 onto one DVD, there's no room for the next to be bigger or better. Mass Effect devs said they thought there was no way they could fit it onto one DVD,  but with lots of effort (THAT COULD'VE BEEN SPENT ON THE ACTUAL GAME) they were able to make it fit..... and who really knows what kinds of things devs will have had to cut to make disc space, not to mention sequels to all these games that barely fit now. Non-linear action games just can't be on multiple discs 360's DVD9 (along with no standard HDD) is just going to hold everyone back.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly and can do it for Blue Dragon.DXGreat1_HGL

Okay,I just can't remember putting in the disc anytime during the main game.
_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _koolgirl_
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

I  understand your point, and if it was every other game that would be one thing.  We are coming into the 3rd generation of the system and this is the first game to be on multiple disks.

Give most people the option, spend an extra $200 or change disks in one or 2 games a year.  Which do you think they'll choose?

I'm sorry but Sony jumped in to next gen media too fast IMO.  By the time it picks up, standalone players will likely have come down quite a bit making it less of a selling point.  A few games will benefit from the extra space, but I doubt the majority. 

In the end it is just extra weight adding price and turning off many longtime loyal fans. 

To be perfectly honest, if ANYONE could get away with it, only Sony could, coming off 2 successfull gens.  We see how well that is turning out.  MS would have been slaughtered at a $600 price point.

MythManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MythManiac
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts
Meh, it's a JRPG. Changing disks is not a bother. I do it all the time when I change games. It's not a big deal. Maybe your just a lazy fat ass. =P

Seriously though, live with it. It didn't ruin FF on the PS1, and it won't ruin Blue Dragon on the 360. ^^
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

It's when you go across the lake to the island with the guys with machine guns? You put in disk two and appear on an island? Remember? Yes? No? Maybe so? Pearl ftw btw.
BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts
Oh no changing disc I hate that...uh wait I do that every time I play a new game never mind.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Whats wrong with disc swaping, plenty of succesfull games have done it in the past.
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
I think you are ...overreacting here, 3 DISKS is not any bad at all, in fact since i like collecting my RPG's, 3 DISKS witrh different labels printed on them is AMAZING !!!
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts

It's when you go across the lake to the island with the guys with machine guns? You put in disk two and appear on an island? Remember? Yes? No? Maybe so? Pearl ftw btw.
duncanvk

To be specific, Chapter 5 is on disc 2. It starts with a cut-scene, Ada ditches your ass in a speedboat after giving you a ride to the island.

Assignment Ada is disc 1, as is Mercenaries.

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts

its got tons and tons of fmv. 

jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not a lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly I can do it for Blue Dragon.peacebringer
i don't think it's abut being lazy but more about what if one of the CD's doesn't work after awhile? Dis2 and 3 of FF7 ain't nothing without disc 1 and if that gets scratched your screwed and left with disc 2 and 3. If it's on one disc there not as mch swapping and risk of them getting scratched.

As opposed to the only disk being scrathed and the whole thing being worthless?  It works out the same either way you do. 

Jhung207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jhung207
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts
Blue Dragon is an exceptional game.  The graphics and gameplay will surely not disappoint.  Yes, it is on 3 discs but the game it self is good.  It is 2007 so should you not expect good games???  Bluray might make one disc games convient, but in the end how does it help the gameplay and the quality of the game???
CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

grandia 3 for ps2 was multidisk... 

CerMakAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CerMakAlot
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts
Cry me a freakin' river. Its not hard to change disks every 20 hours of gameplay or so.

Try playing riven on ps1. Now THAT was a pain in the a**.

TC, i say just deal with it. Not that big of a deal, as you said.
snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts

BrutonNYC

I don't care... Not a big deal to me. They chose what they thought was the bestprice performance ratio for their console. It ended up saving them and the consumer money, so i think it was a good choice, as the majority of games will not be multi disc. 

snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="BrutonNYC"]

But it was needed, so you are owned. Accept your ownage damn it! 

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#40 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]I dont mind at all. Well maybe because im a 20 yr old whos in shape and not a lazy azz who doesnt mind getting up. I did it for FF7,8,9,Chrono cross,xenogears,and star ocean. And by golly I can do it for Blue Dragon.jeffwulf

As opposed to the only disk being scrathed and the whole thing being worthless? It works out the same either way you do.

But atleast if the single disc is broken you know to buy a new one, but just one disc means less taking it out cases so less scratchs/oppurtunitys for bad things to happen, what if you friend wants to "test out the game. since you on disc 3 you don't care , later on your friend never gives it back or he breaks it then your stuck with 2 and 3 if it was single disc he can't burrow it cause you using it. there many reason single disc is good, it doesn't matter enough to not buy a game but it matters 3 years after it's released. Example if i buy FF7 off ebay in 2007 all 3 disc have to be in working condition, and what if i find out after getting to disc 2 it won't play? i rather have 1 disc but if it needs 2 then it's no problem but saying it doesn't matter is nieve.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
tc needs to do some research, there have been multidisk games in the past 3 years, as for that untill youve played bd and seen if 3 discs breaks up the action, then you really have no need to be annoyed.
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
Well I honestly don't mind...I can get up and change a disk, it may be difficult for some but not for me :P
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
 Did FF7 suck? was it a good game?
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
I change disks everytime i want a new one to play out of my many many games in my collection, last i check they're all fine condition. Why is changing a disk a problem? You do it everytime you want to play a new game or watch a movie, are people zombies or do they not realize this little fact. So why is multi-disk games a problem?
Liquid_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 Liquid_47
Member since 2003 • 4905 Posts
[QUOTE="Oscar-Wilde"]

wtf?

Dualshockin

It's a big deal imo because there will never be a Ps3 game that requires more than 1 disc for play.

So for a few hundred dollars more you don't have to change disks?

Bargains galore! 

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Oscar-Wilde"]

wtf?

Liquid_47

So for a few hundred dollars more you don't have to change disks?

Bargains galore! 

lol

Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Journey89
Member since 2005 • 1743 Posts

the gamecube had multiple disk games. those games were epic. im not so sure about the PS2, i dont remember one.

MGS:TSS

ToS 

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

BrutonNYC
i hate to tell u this but ur gonna need to change discs on ur ps3 too...rfom used a really big chunck of that blue ray disc and that only has like 12 levels with about 7 total diffrent kinds of monsters in the whole game to kill....unless they figure something out ur gonna see more games being delayed like crazy and more games like oblivion using up 4.5 gigs on ur hard drive...
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

I mean wow, when you think about it the last time a console has seen multiple disc games was back in the PSone

BrutonNYC

:|

Resident Evil 4?
Tales of Symphonia?

I'm sure some of the PS2 owners could help me name quite a few more.
zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#50 zh666
Member since 2005 • 5068 Posts
Xenosaga II was 2 disc