Bleeding Edge... Lawbreakers 2?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (34262 posts) -

Bleeding Edge was shown at E3 to muted, eh, response. Since it's showing, it's already been forgotten. Heck, you've probably forgotten about it until this shitty thread.

Resetera
Resetera

Is this game a flop in the making? Do you think Microsoft and the dev team are aware of this? What can they do to avoid a Cliff Bleszinski situation?

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#2 Posted by robert_sparkes (3218 posts) -

It doesn't look great I like ninja theory games but this hasn't caught my attention. I would prefer a single player story focused game.

Avatar image for heirren
#3 Posted by Heirren (2179 posts) -

Wow the videogame industry has changed.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#4 Edited by R4gn4r0k (31402 posts) -

Cliffy B left Epic to work on a lacklustre UT-clone that was only hyped up by Youtube Influencers that stopped playing the game the minute they stopped getting paid. And after that he worked on a pretty lame Battle Royale game.

Maybe he should've just stayed at Epic?

Avatar image for ajstyles
#5 Posted by AJStyles (1001 posts) -

I have never even heard of this game.

LOL lawbreakers 2.

This game is DOA unless they make it Free To Play and advertise it heavily on PS+.

Even then, you will have a hard time getting people to switch from the other 50 versions available.

Avatar image for davillain-
#6 Posted by DaVillain- (37412 posts) -

Of course I forgot about this game. There's nothing to discuss as of yet. Cyberpunk 2077 pretty much overshadow every announcement games for the most parts.

@R4gn4r0k said:

Cliffy B left Epic to work on a lacklustre UT-clone that was only hyped up by Youtube Influencers that stopped playing the game the minute they stopped getting paid. And after that he worked on a pretty lame Battle Royale game.

Maybe he should've just stayed at Epic?

Cliff B had a major ego that got the better of him and paid the price too. Overwatch did it first (even though we know it was Team Fortress came first) and Cliff though he could get away with LawBreakers but failed because Overwatch was out for a long time. Even Battleborn failed miserably and I'm more surprise Cliff didn't learned from Battleborn's mistake.

P.S, he also shit on PC gamers & Xbox fans as well.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#7 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

Oh yeah, that thing.

Avatar image for warmblur
#8 Posted by warmblur (2753 posts) -

Ummm, yeah I think I'll just stick to my movie games.

Avatar image for Pedro
#9 Posted by Pedro (35379 posts) -

Its odd it has been forgotten yet OP remembered. LOL

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#10 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4849 posts) -

I'm not gonna lie, I laughed at the ResetEra caption.

But yeah, when you introduce a game on the E3 stage by saying that you're working on other games too, it doesn't bode well.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#11 Posted by Archangel3371 (28342 posts) -

I think it looks pretty cool myself and wouldn’t mind trying it when it comes out. It’s always difficult to say if a game will be a hit when it comes out. A game can be quite good but just not catch on for a variety of reasons. Lawbreakers just got beaten to the punch by Overwatch.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#12 Posted by uninspiredcup (34262 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

I think it looks pretty cool myself and wouldn’t mind trying it when it comes out. It’s always difficult to say if a game will be a hit when it comes out. A game can be quite good but just not catch on for a variety of reasons. Lawbreakers just got beaten to the punch by Overwatch.

Wasn't just that, it was bad marketing.

Theoretically, lets say Team Fortress 2 never happened and that released after Overwatch using the same marketing. It would do fine still, thanks to Valve and just, really good promotion.

You had Sir Cliffard B, already considers abit a dick, and a game promoting itself as hard-core for the elite of the elite. Most games with higher skill bars be it MOBA or fighting games actively try to avoid that sort of thing because it's straight up dumb, limiting an audience.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#13 Edited by Archangel3371 (28342 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Yeah it may have not been just that but in my opinion I think that was the main thing.

Avatar image for saltslasher
#14 Posted by SaltSlasher (1227 posts) -

Yeah it feels like it. I'm not into them kind of games, but it feels oversaturated already. I mean Overwatch is the hero shooter, and everything feels to copy it, even Ops 4 multiplayer feels like a hero shooter with the way everyone has individual skills.

Avatar image for jeezers
#16 Posted by jeezers (3146 posts) -

I'm interested in it, but I'm waiting on reviews, if its like battleborn I'll skip. But I like like competitive MP games, and this one looks different than just another shooter. I'm more interested in this than cod, battlefront, or battlefield. But I gotta wait and see, as a new IP I hope its solid.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (98011 posts) -

So... Devil May Cry meets Overwatch/Fortnite?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#18 Posted by I_P_Daily (12269 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

I have never even heard of this game.

LOL lawbreakers 2.

This game is DOA unless they make it Free To Play and advertise it heavily on PS+.

Even then, you will have a hard time getting people to switch from the other 50 versions available.

Maybe stop watching Sony's exclusives on YouTube and start reading up on gaming news.

Avatar image for oflow
#19 Posted by oflow (5183 posts) -

Game is pretty fun actually. Its like an all melee Overwatch. I played it at E3.

It'll be fine. Its polished enough and offering enough new shiny stuff with the flashy role-based melee combat to have a strong community. It'll appeal to both the arena crowd and the fighting game crowd.

As far as saying its 'lol Lawbreakers 2' I'd say this. Both Lawbreakers and Paragon probably wouldnt have failed if they had been on Xbox. Thats their mistake.

I really wouldnt use this forum as a place to judge what a game's potential would be. This forum is like the movie Idiocracy.

Games would all be single player turn-based weeb games if you followed this forum's consensus.

Alpha invites are starting to go out more and more each week. Try it yourself.



Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#20 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -
@oflow said:

Games would all be single player turn-based weeb games if you followed this forum's consensus.

and whats wrong with that?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#22 Posted by uninspiredcup (34262 posts) -

@oflow said:

Game is pretty fun actually. Its like an all melee Overwatch. I played it at E3.

It'll be fine. Its polished enough and offering enough new shiny stuff with the flashy role-based melee combat to have a strong community. It'll appeal to both the arena crowd and the fighting game crowd.

As far as saying its 'lol Lawbreakers 2' I'd say this. Both Lawbreakers and Paragon probably wouldnt have failed if they had been on Xbox. Thats their mistake.

I really wouldnt use this forum as a place to judge what a game's potential would be. This forum is like the movie Idiocracy.

Games would all be single player turn-based weeb games if you followed this forum's consensus.

Alpha invites are starting to go out more and more each week. Try it yourself.

You tell em' son.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
#23 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8647 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

You tell em' son.

you forgot the clap emoji

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#24 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19127 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Its odd it has been forgotten yet OP remembered. LOL