Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25076 Posts

Source

And finally game is out of early access in 2020.

Cant wait to play full game again.

see this valve. this is real Half life game. not some VR game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#2  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17917 Posts

I had already played through the game when it was a mod, but I bought it for cheap and it is in my library. I look forward to playing it again and experiencing the new Xen stuff. I will be playing HL: Alyx as well. :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@BassMan said:

I had already played through the game when it was a mod, but I bought it for cheap and it is in my library. I look forward to playing it again and experiencing the new Xen stuff. I will be playing HL: Alyx as well. :)

Played through it recently and it was glorious. I also love what they did with Xen and the soundtrack is just brilliant (still listening to it to this day).

It's so great now that you can play through all the half life games on the same engine, and enjoy one continues experience.

I played Black Mesa and then played through Half Life 2 with HL2 Update and Mmod.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59365 Posts

Good game, not quite as good as OG Halflife.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

No game is.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

No game is.

No, This game is. by far.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

No game is.

No, This game is. by far.

I see your STALKER and I raise you Max Payne.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

Black Mesa was cool but the real Half Life 1 in VR is much better

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@pinkribbonscars said:

Black Mesa was cool but the real Half Life 1 in VR is much better

Half life alyx will suck. Doom Eternal will eat it alive.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

Glad I didn't play the beta. I was almost ready to dive in. Will play it once final version comes out. Did enjoy it back then when they released it without the final level. Liked it a lot. They've changed things a lot since then I heard. Should be interesting and fresh experience.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56431 Posts

Totally awesome! I too have had this sitting in my library for years, because I wanted to support their efforts, but I didn't want to play it till it was complete and here we are.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@cloud_man said:

Glad I didn't play the beta. I was almost ready to dive in. Will play it once final version comes out. Did enjoy it back then when they released it without the final level. Liked it a lot. They've changed things a lot since then I heard. Should be interesting and fresh experience.

and i played 2012 mod only and really enjoyed it.

now i will play full fledge remake in 2020. it took too much time to comes out.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Stalker is comparable to what my dog dropped in the yard this morning. Dog shit ghost, I'm talking about dog shit, figured somebody who worshipped such a piss poor game would need that spelled out for the..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: Stalker is comparable to what my dog dropped in the yard this morning. Dog shit ghost, I'm talking about dog shit, figured somebody who worshipped such a piss poor game would need that spelled out for the..

lol its one of the most immersive and hardcore game ever made. Half life 2 is cake walk even on hardest diffculty.

beside that it was also most innovative game of that time too. no game immersed me in the zone of chernoboyl and pripyat that much. game just blew me away first time i played it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k: btw these fans made better game that valve ever did post Half life 2. and its not even complete yet. its finally out of early access now. i consider this as real Half life game instead of what valve is doing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

@R4gn4r0k: btw these fans made better game that valve ever did post Half life 2. and its not even complete yet. its finally out of early access now. i consider this as real Half life game instead of what valve is doing.

Totally agree, Valve has been wasting this franchise as much as companies people absolutely hate. Activision and EA like wasting their IP too and get a lot of hate for it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58529 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Totally agree, Valve has been wasting this franchise as much as companies people absolutely hate. Activision and EA like wasting their IP too and get a lot of hate for it.

You know I'm tempted to agree with you, but would you prefer they milked this franchise like other folks do? Like Star Wars, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Command and Conquer, and any number of once-beloved franchises?

Hell, look at Doom; there have been four installments of Doom in almost 30 years, and it's likely the only shooter we can all unconditionally look forward to coming up.

There's something to be said about not making more and more games in a given franchise.

And, as the Black Mesa lead himself said, art is never finished, only abandoned; but to be abandoned at it's finest than to be worked into the ground.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25 said:

You know I'm tempted to agree with you, but would you prefer they milked this franchise like other folks do? Like Star Wars, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Command and Conquer, and any number of once-beloved franchises?

Hell, look at Doom; there have been four installments of Doom in almost 30 years, and it's likely the only shooter we can all unconditionally look forward to coming up.

There's something to be said about not making more and more games in a given franchise.

And, as the Black Mesa lead himself said, art is never finished, only abandoned; but to be abandoned at it's finest than to be worked into the ground.

I used to applaud companies like Valve and Blizzard for taking their sweet time with games like Half Life and Warcraft (RTS) and releasing them only when they were polished to a teeth.

But the last mainline Half Life game was released in 2007, with no new one in sight. Only a VR spin off with a different protagonist. No continuation of Gordon's story.

The last Warcraft RTS was in 2002.

So yeah, at this current time I'd be inclined to say that getting something is a better situation over getting nothing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k

You'd think this thread would catch more traction, seeing as how people constanly claim they are sick of open world games and live service games. But nobody seems to put their money where their mouth is.

All I can say is that playing through this game revealed an old addiction of mine: I'm gonna play through Black Mesa once every year now. Half Life is just too good of a game.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

lol its one of the most immersive and hardcore game ever made. Half life 2 is cake walk even on hardest diffculty.

beside that it was also most innovative game of that time too. no game immersed me in the zone of chernoboyl and pripyat that much. game just blew me away first time i played it.

Still haven't been able to get through STALKER without finding an important NPC feet-up in a burning barrel, unresponsive or just totally gone.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

. Half Life is just too good of a game.

out of nowhere Black Mesa is releasing this year. and in few days. so to be this tied with Doom Eternal are 2 of best FPS of the year.

now its hard to choose between this and Doom for me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

out of nowhere Black Mesa is releasing this year. and in few days. so to be this tied with Doom Eternal are 2 of best FPS of the year.

Plus, we also had Sam's Story which you still need to play ;-)

We have the XIII remake, which I'm super excited for.

Lots and lots of great stuff for 2020 (Cyberpunk and Dying light near the end of the year)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Plus, we also had Sam's Story which you still need to play ;-)

We have the XIII remake, which I'm super excited for.

Lots and lots of great stuff for 2020 (Cyberpunk and Dying light near the end of the year)

• Black Mesa
  • Doom Eternal
  • Cyberpunk
  • XIII
  • Halo infinite

its like 2007 and 2004 all over again.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@ghosts4ever: What is it with you and irradiated Russia?