Black Friday may be over, but Steam and CyberMonday are still go! - SWM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
lol you guys flopped.illmatic87
:lol: yeah that made me laugh too.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#202 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Now if only I could play the game at 1080p. *sigh*

ChubbyGuy40

Yeah,about that....

:P

Don't bother. It plays like **** and the art/blur filter doesn't work correctly like it does on the Wii.

Well that´s odd,Xenoblade worked marvelously and looked amazing on it.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Zelda SS can be easily summed up as a G-rated, low resolution Skyrim for pre-teens. Both games seem to do essentially the same things, and since Skyrim scored 9, 7.5 seems accurate for SS.

Skyrim has tons of quality voice acting, the best musical score I've ever heard in a game, and the freedom to do whatever you want in whatever order you wanna do them in. Zelda SS doesn't, so scoring it 9 or better would've made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Bravo Tom, I look forward to reading your future reviews at Giant Bomb...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#204 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

My question is will you re-review Infamous 2? i mean you got to admit infamous 2 review was very bad

finalstar2007
I thought you didn't care about scores? Why would you want him to re-review it than?
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#205 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26097 Posts

Zelda SS can be easily summed up as a G-rated, low resolution Skyrim for pre-teens. Both games seem to do essentially the same things, and since Skyrim scored 9, 7.5 seems accurate for SS.

Skyrim has tons of quality voice acting, the best musical score I've ever heard in a game, and the freedom to do whatever you want in whatever order you wanna do them in. Zelda SS doesn't, so scoring it 9 or better would've made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Bravo Tom, I look forward to reading your future reviews at Giant Bomb...

trollop_scat

Now that is a good joke.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]If this game was reviewed for what it is, ignoring past games, what would it have scored?sailor232

If you read the reviewing process it actually states they cannot hold a game up or compare it too its past games.

"First and foremost, our reviews are an assessment of one particular game at a time. We approach each review assignment without assuming anything about the quality of the game, irrespective of prerelease preview coverage, the history of any previous games in the series, any perceptions about the developer's or publisher's track records, and so forth. That is, every game we review gets a fair shake, and is treated with the same level of care and attention with which we approach every review assignment."

and yet, a constant point in his review are comparisons with previous games in the franchise. i say go ahead and compare if you feel like it, but throwing the review guidelines when they weren't followed makes no sense.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

and yet, a constant point in his review are comparisons with previous games in the franchise. i say go ahead and compare if you feel like it, but throwing the review guidelines when they weren't followed makes no sense.BrunoBRS

Didn't they do this for BF3 also? Talked about how it couldn't compare to BF2?

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

ChubbyGuy40! Glad to see you're still among the living. I remember you boldly predicting SS would out-score Dark Souls and Skyrim a while back. I even got moderated for accurately explaining why SS would come up short. Time has proven me right, it would seem, and your humble acknowledgement of such would be the mature thing to do. I patiently await...

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 ChubbyGuy40

ChubbyGuy40! Glad to see you're still among the living. I remember you boldly predicting SS would out-score Dark Souls and Skyrim a while back. I even got moderated for accurately explaining why SS would come up short. Time has proven me right, it would seem, and your humble acknowledgement of such would be the mature thing to do. I patiently await...

trollop_scat

Am I doing it right? :D

Dark Souls sucks and I f'ing love Skyrim. I'm also loving Skyward Sword.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]and yet, a constant point in his review are comparisons with previous games in the franchise. i say go ahead and compare if you feel like it, but throwing the review guidelines when they weren't followed makes no sense.ChubbyGuy40

Didn't they do this for BF3 also? Talked about how it couldn't compare to BF2?

They always do that with all games for good or worse.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

ChubbyGuy40

Am I doing it right? :D

Dark Souls sucks and I f'ing love Skyrim. I'm also loving Skyward Sword.

Bam!!! :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#213 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

They done all this just because zelda fans complained? what about what happened to Infamous 2? -___-

sigh

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

I tend to be harsh in my criticism, and have no problem saying a mega-hyped game is merely "Good"; this is a strong contrast to how reviews are often handled in this industry.

I'm brutally honest and don't sugar coat the problems I see, so if you're eagerly anticipating a new release, that could put you in a sour mood.

McShea

I love you man ! You are my kind of reviewer:D

So many reviewers throw around 9s and 10s for hyped games and are willing to look past the glaring issues like they are nothing.

While you say it as it is. A good game is just that : good (7.5).

There is nothing in your review that isn't true, so let people rage all they want.

Its like that Mega64 video http://www.gametrailers.com/video/modern-game-mega64/723925 people will always rage if their favourite game fails to reach expectation.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 ChubbyGuy40

Bam!!! :P

lbjkurono23

Is that...the 360 VERSION!? You know we don't compare the trash versions when talking about Elder Scrolls! :D

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 R4gn4r0k  Online

They done all this just because zelda fans complained? what about what happened to Infamous 2? -___-

sigh

finalstar2007

He probably did it because now it seems everyone is complaining :P

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts
And you guys seriously said hes the most popular really? In terms of what? The majority of people dont even consider gamespot a reliable review site especially after gertsman gate
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I like how in the interview he ignored the part that talked about other reviewers not having problems with the controlls in the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#219 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I like Tom McShea and his reviews. I appreciate the fact that he uses the full 10 point scale. I might end up disagreeing with him on this particular review and game, but on the whole, I am more inclined to take his word on a game than someone else's. He has a habit of telling it as it is.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 R4gn4r0k  Online

I like Tom McShea and his reviews. I appreciate the fact that he uses the full 10 point scale. I might end up disagreeing with him on this particular review and game, but on the whole, I am more inclined to take his word on a game than someone else's. He has a habit of telling it as it is.charizard1605

I fully agree with you.

Too many reviewers forget that there are other numbers besides 8,9 and 10 on the scale. And in turn gamers seem to forget aswell.

A good game should be scored just that: good.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I like Tom McShea and his reviews. I appreciate the fact that he uses the full 10 point scale. I might end up disagreeing with him on this particular review and game, but on the whole, I am more inclined to take his word on a game than someone else's. He has a habit of telling it as it is.charizard1605

nice avy

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

The end of Willy's review was awesome.

And people really need to pay attention to this, "

Play the game before you claim I was somehow unfair. And also understand that people have different opinions from your own. My job is not tell you what you want to hear or make sure my score is the same as the Metacritic average. Also, remember that we do have a 1-10 scale. I consider an 8 to be an excellent score (I gave my last three Game of the Years 8.5), so realize that amazing games can get a sub-9 score.

Also, 7.5 means Very Good. It means that I liked the game and you most likely will, too."

And get over it already.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#223 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

My question is will you re-review Infamous 2? i mean you got to admit infamous 2 review was very bad

Animal-Mother
I thought you didn't care about scores? Why would you want him to re-review it than?

He cares as we've all seen. Don't expect a reply.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Willy105

And you guys seriously said hes the most popular really? In terms of what? The majority of people dont even consider gamespot a reliable review site especially after gertsman gatefueled-system

He's popular in Gamespot.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

sigh

finalstar2007
It just shows the polish, attention to detail and high production values Infamous 2 has since it scored the same as this game and being reviewed by the same person.
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts
:lol: 7.5 for SW Magazine
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

:lol: 7.5 for SW MagazineAlpha-Male22

Flop of the year

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Willy105
I'm sure if IGN reviewed us, we would have gotten a 10.
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#229 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

I agree that Zelda needs to become less linear, however I can't help but feel like a lot of reviewers want the series to go the way of Elders Scrolls. Maybe it's just the Skyrim hype talking though. I mean, you could always create a Zelda with a larger and unrestrained overworld, but the game will always be about solving puzzles and fighting bosses in unique dungeons.

mrgokugf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 mrgokugf
Member since 2005 • 1788 Posts
I'm gonna so LOLZorz when Skyward Sword wins game of the decade 2010-2020 on gamefaqs. Majora's Mask 8.3 Not for everyone Gerstmann? Everyone **$WLKDS voted for it 9 years later!
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Tom McShea with lackluster justifications for his review.

I could care less what he thinks, but I do cringe at the fact that this guy wrote a review that may actually affect some potential purchasers.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#232 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I'm sure if IGN reviewed us, we would have gotten a 10.Willy105

Edge gave you guys a 5/10 though. If you were published my Microsoft, it definitely would've been a 9 though.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#233 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Willy105

Im rather surprised (or disappointed) with the lack of Rayman > (Mario = Sonic) sigs.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
So this years Gamespot has been so far over score Gears and under scores everything else.lol
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#236 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
So this years Gamespot has been so far over score Gears and under scores everything else.loltormentos
Essentially.
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

McShea needs to read the rating scale. He said a 7.5 is very good. There's a problem with that. GS' rating scale SPECIFICALLY says 7-7.5 is good. Not very good. Get with the program, Tom. Seriously, how retarded can reviewer be that they don't even know their site's scale? Very good is more similar to great... Cloud_765

These are part of a set of guidlines for their reviews.

"Our reviews are written with the prospective customer in mind--someone who's naturally interested in playing a new game and has a limited amount of time and money to spend. Our editors approach each review strictly from that perspective. In turn, our reviews are not intended to validate or support the beliefs of hardcore fans, nor are they intended to provide feedback to developers or publishers about how a given game could have been improved. Our reviews are only designed to tell you, the game player, to what extent a game is worth your while."

"First and foremost, our reviews are an assessment of one particular game at a time. We approach each review assignment without assuming anything about the quality of the game, irrespective of prerelease preview coverage, the history of any previous games in the series, any perceptions about the developer's or publisher's track records, and so forth. That is, every game we review gets a fair shake, and is treated with the same level of care and attention with which we approach every review assignment."

Um Tom, I think you need to re-read you're companies philosophy again.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]McShea needs to read the rating scale. He said a 7.5 is very good. There's a problem with that. GS' rating scale SPECIFICALLY says 7-7.5 is good. Not very good. Get with the program, Tom. Seriously, how retarded can reviewer be that they don't even know their site's scale? Very good is more similar to great...

Lol really? You're upset because he scored it 0.5 less than Great? Come on, now.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#239 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

sigh

finalstar2007
In all fairness, I knew Zelda would bring more drama lol. I mean its Zelda, what many people consider to be the best game franchise ever lol. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the review. He made valid points and the score seemed appropriate for the review. I havent played the game, but from what I read the review is fine. Like I didnt agree with his inFamous review score, but I thought the review was fair and he made valid points that reflected his score.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#240 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

DAMN YOU TOM MCSHEA, first you flop Zelda, now us?

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I just can't wait to read user reviews to see if this game is the real deal or not.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#242 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]McShea needs to read the rating scale. He said a 7.5 is very good. There's a problem with that. GS' rating scale SPECIFICALLY says 7-7.5 is good. Not very good. Get with the program, Tom. Seriously, how retarded can reviewer be that they don't even know their site's scale? Very good is more similar to great... Jolt_counter119

These are part of a set of guidlines for their reviews.

"Our reviews are written with the prospective customer in mind--someone who's naturally interested in playing a new game and has a limited amount of time and money to spend. Our editors approach each review strictly from that perspective. In turn, our reviews are not intended to validate or support the beliefs of hardcore fans, nor are they intended to provide feedback to developers or publishers about how a given game could have been improved. Our reviews are only designed to tell you, the game player, to what extent a game is worth your while."

Um Tom, I think you need to re-read you're companies philosophy again.

He does. Because he isn't reviewing the games to GS's actual standards. If he wants to do that he can make his own review site and score games however he wants.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

DAMN YOU TOM MCSHEA, first you flop Zelda, now us?

789shadow
He was obviously only rating the digest bi-weekly version...we forgot to send him his review copy of the print magazine!
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]McShea needs to read the rating scale. He said a 7.5 is very good. There's a problem with that. GS' rating scale SPECIFICALLY says 7-7.5 is good. Not very good. Get with the program, Tom. Seriously, how retarded can reviewer be that they don't even know their site's scale? Very good is more similar to great... ActionRemix
Lol really? You're upset because he scored it 0.5 less than Great? Come on, now.

It's sw, people get upset over trivial things.

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]McShea needs to read the rating scale. He said a 7.5 is very good. There's a problem with that. GS' rating scale SPECIFICALLY says 7-7.5 is good. Not very good. Get with the program, Tom. Seriously, how retarded can reviewer be that they don't even know their site's scale? Very good is more similar to great...

Probably was saying that 7.0 = good, 7.5 = very good, even if it's not spelled out under the score. No need to call the guy retarded, sheesh.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Dude explains himself people are still bashing him lol

Just wait to play the game yourself then you can bash the review thats what i did for his Infamous 2 review.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ActionRemix

Dude explains himself people are still bashing him lol

Just wait to play the game yourself then you can bash the review thats what i did for his Infamous 2 review.

EPaul
Next week is going to be fun. I am certain this game will get very mixed reviews from fans. The hate will shift from Tom to the part of the fan base that doesn't like it.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#248 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
TOM McShea should avoid review anything that is franchise or prequel/sequel because games should be review independently.... not by comparing it's predeccessorrr
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I just can't wait to read user reviews to see if this game is the real deal or not.

emirblade

>trusting user reviews more than 80% of them are troll/fanboy reviews

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 ActionRemix
[QUOTE="emirblade"]

Shinobishyguy
>trusting user reviews more then 80% of them are troll/fanboy reviews

Those seem to cancel themselves out on Gamespot. I tend to agree more with user ratings than the actual review. Overwhelmingly trolls on Metacritic, of course.