Bioware Unanounced Wii game (with a Strong Narrative)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=86385

Bioware saying, while they'd need to make a game aimed towards the Wii's audience, they'd have to have the title have a strong story just like all their other games, or be largely about the story. They say they have no Wii titles to announce right now, but they have Wii titles in the works that are being worked on and aren't going to be announced soon.

So let me get these jokes out of the way first, as anyone posting them would be disruptively posting if all their post was these simple jokes about a BioWare Wii game: Mass Extraction! Knights of the Old Darkside Chronicles.

There. Please discuss. Apparently their working on a story driven Wii game.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Interesting. Hope it has unique art style.
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
All I can say is that I hope it'll be good.
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Could be awesome. Everything they do is top notch, and I would love to see what type of unique gameplay they could cook up with the Wii and and wiimote.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
BIoware game = instant hype
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Taken out of context. Muzyka says they're "intrigued" by the idea of developing a game for the Wii and hints something might be in the works, but that's far from confirmation. We saw the exact same reaction when BioWare announced they were exploring the possibility of developing for the PS3, and all that's resulted in so far is the PS3 version of Dragon Age.

-PuLse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -PuLse
Member since 2009 • 538 Posts
I have nothing but hope for a Bioware wii game.
leonalabasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 leonalabasters
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts

There's a Bethseda game coming as well. Wii third party situation is finally looking good

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darth-pyschosis

Taken out of context. Muzyka says they're "intrigued" by the idea of developing a game for the Wii and hints something might be in the works, but that's far from confirmation. We saw the exact same reaction when BioWare announced they were exploring the possibility of developing for the PS3, and all that's resulted in so far is the PS3 version of Dragon Age.

PBSnipes

No. Not taken out of context.

We'd be intrigued by the idea of developing on Wii but we have nothing to announce right now. We do have some unannounced projects that we're not ready to talk about yet, and they are different from some things we've done in the past... Our goal, really long-term, is to broaden our base and continue to differentiate and have diversity of choice on different platforms, because we know there are different audiences on platforms like mobile and Wii, and different geographic markets and distribution and business models. It's exciting, but you can't do all things at one time." - BioWare's Ray Muzyka

So, I did not, and GoNintendo has not, taken this out of context. This is more than saying the platform intrigues you. He said they have some (implying more than one project) projects that are unnanounced, in development, that they aren't ready to talk about yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
BIoware game = instant hypefunsohng
Exactly, I can't think of a bad game they made (on a console)
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
holy crap, bioware and bethesda both on the wii i never thought i'd see the day
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
Strong story based game = bad gameplay and no replay value. Not so sure I care about whatever they bring out, but I'll wait before passing final judgement.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

No. Not taken out of context.

We'd be intrigued by the idea of developing on Wii but we have nothing to announce right now. We do have some unannounced projects that we're not ready to talk about yet, and they are different from some things we've done in the past... Our goal, really long-term, is to broaden our base and continue to differentiate and have diversity of choice on different platforms, because we know there are different audiences on platforms like mobile and Wii, and different geographic markets and distribution and business models. It's exciting, but you can't do all things at one time." - BioWare's Ray Muzyka

So, I did not, and GoNintendo has not, taken this out of context. This is more than saying the platform intrigues you. He said they have some (implying more than one project) projects that are unnanounced, in development, that they aren't ready to talk about yet.

Slashkice

That just says they're working on projects that are different from their usual methodology, that may or may not end up on the Wii. It's not confirmation of anything.

In a conversation about developing games for the Wii, he says they have unannounced projects in the works right now, but they can't be annoucned now coz obviously they prolly aren't ready to be shown, so prolly early stages of dev.

I don't see how you can think he's talking about games for another system, or whatever. He clearly says they have projects in the works for the Wii, in a discussion about developing games, for the Wii. Not for any other console. Any other console is irrelevant.

Yes, those projects could all get canned in the early stages of development.

But so could that Team Ico game for PS3 that they said was being made for a long time, but never showed anything until the trailer got leaked and then shown at e3.

You didn't know anything about that game for ages, and look where its at now. Same thing with this, and every other game. Just like the Wii exclusive Red Faction BEAST that was pretty far in development, an Wii exclusive Third Person Shooter that got canned far into development due to THQ's big cancellation of many games last fall. They also cancelled a Wii Saints Row, and a Wii Stuntman (at least i think it was THQ)

So, yes these could be canned, but why would he be bringing up unannounced 360, pc, ps3 titles in a conversation about Bioware's unnanounced Wii titles?

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

They should just port the Baldur's Gate games to the Wii :)

I'd buy em!

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Exercise simulator..................................with a deep narrative :? How's that gonna work (yeah, I have no faith that this is a wii game or that it will be good if it is)

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Nice. I just finished Mass Effect after picking it up on Steam for 20 bucks, and I really enjoyed it.

Although, wasn't their last attempt on a Nintendo platform Sonic Chronicles? Hmmm....

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

Yeah, as long as it isn't another Sonic RPG, this might be hype-worthy.

At a pure guess, I'd say that it could be a spin-off Dragon Age game - if only because they've clearly planned other DA games (it's called Dragon Age: Origins for a reason).

Avatar image for PhantomWarrior3
PhantomWarrior3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PhantomWarrior3
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It's probably be a bunch of mini-games tied together with a kiddy storyline.