Bioware debunks the ME3 indoctrine theory *SPOILERS*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

khbvg

http://kotaku.com/5922726/bioware-confirms-what-you-want-to-know-about-the-red-ending-of-mass-effect-3

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

We know, the f***ing game came out in March.

This isn't some new development.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MercenaryMafia

We know, the f***ing game came out in March.

This isn't some new development.

SPYDER0416
lol.....calm down
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Why the f uck would you post such a spoiler title to what happened in the real game ending?
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MercenaryMafia
Why the f uck would you post such a spoiler title to what happened in the real game ending?Blabadon
Fixed
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Not hard to bebunk something that never was in the first place.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
The Indoctrination Theory was better than any of the official Bioware endings, so color me disappointed that they are ruling it out entirely.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Why the f uck would you post such a spoiler title to what happened in the real game ending?MercenaryMafia
Fixed

It's all good. Carry on from my rude post, I apologize.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
indoctrinate theory was a just that: a theory anyone who really though bioware was thinking that was only kidding themselves.
WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]indoctrinate theory was a just that: a theory anyone who really though bioware was thinking that was only kidding themselves.

People believed in it because it was thorough and well thought out, unlike what we were given. I don't see how this eliminates the indoctrination theory, that still accounted for the destroy ending and it's final scene.. nothing changed to disprove it.
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#11 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]indoctrinate theory was a just that: a theory anyone who really though bioware was thinking that was only kidding themselves. WeepsForFools
People believed in it because it was thorough and well thought out, unlike what we were given. I don't see how this eliminates the indoctrination theory, that still accounted for the destroy ending and it's final scene.. nothing changed to disprove it.

Yeah but I doubt Bioware will ever run with it. In the end thought, the Indoctrination Theory was better than any of the endings. Still don't understand why they didn't just go Dark Energy, which was hinted at in ME2 quite a few times.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
I heard this theory was stupid as fuuuudge, no surprise it got debunked.
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#13 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

The biggest problem with Indoctrination Theory is that it means Mass Effect 3 doesn't have an ending. Not to mention it has more plot holes than the real endings (and that's saying something)

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The Indoctrination Theory was better than any of the official Bioware endings, so color me disappointed that they are ruling it out entirely.charizard1605

Indoctrination theory was worse than the rave color endings, it put more plot holes into an ending that already had plot holes. It was like ordering a cheeseburger and asking can I get that with extra grease,deepfried and just cover it in mayo.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Idoc theory fans are really just trying to comfort themselves. If it was real it would be an even bigger slap in the face to the community than the half-assed end we got and then got patched up.

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#16 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

I officially no longer care about Mass Effect 3's ending.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Bioware couldn't come up with "Indoctrination Theory" on their best day. It was just fans grabbing at anything they could that wasn't the ending they got.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

even though i loved the IT, it was obvious bioware was not going that route, anyone still expecting that was fooling themselves. Still i find it a better ending than the real ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The Indoctrination Theory was better than any of the official Bioware endings, so color me disappointed that they are ruling it out entirely.charizard1605

Same here. And even Kevin van ord wrote that Bioware wouldn't have been clever enough to come up with the Indoctrination theory. If I were them I would have rolled with it because it was a badass theory

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wis3boi

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The Indoctrination Theory was better than any of the official Bioware endings, so color me disappointed that they are ruling it out entirely.seanmcloughlin

Same here. And even Kevin van ord wrote that Bioware wouldn't have been clever enough to come up with the Indoctrination theory. If I were them I would have rolled with it because it was a badass theory

If they went with the indoc theory for the DLC I would have been pissed because of a few things:

- that means they f*cked up the ending more than they did right now by making it so people had to analyze it in 20min youtube videos in order to find it

- it would make me think they just decided to take the cheesy route (again...) by copying what the fans made up

- it had plenty of plot holes like the regular end

- if that's what they had planned all along, then not explaining anything was an even bigger mistake and it also means the game literally did not end at all. In the original end the series ended, but we didnt know the aftermath. Indoc means no end period...shepard "wakes up" and then what?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*no idea what the indoctrination theory is* :D
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wis3boi

*no idea what the indoctrination theory is* :DBrunoBRS

you aren't missing out, it's stupid fan dribble

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]*no idea what the indoctrination theory is* :Dwis3boi

but i love to read this kind of stupid stuff and laugh at it :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

There was no debunking done, I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that Bioware didn't follow the indoctrination theory (it was genius), but either way I'm happy with what they've accomplished and I commend them for pulling off such a great trilogy. They really haven't gotten due credit.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]*no idea what the indoctrination theory is* :DBrunoBRS

basically the idea is that everything after shepard gets hit by harbinger's beam is a dream sequence induced by the reapers. When shepard wakes up at the end of the Destroy ending, that's him/her "waking up"

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Mass Effect is dead to me.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
Bioware couldn't come up with "Indoctrination Theory" on their best day. It was just fans grabbing at anything they could that wasn't the ending they got. chilly-chill
This, for the people that thought the Indoctrination Theory was valid and were praising Bioware thinking it was real need to give their head a shake. It was just Biodrones deluding themselves making excuses for the garbage that they gave us.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

basically the idea is that everything after shepard gets hit by harbinger's beam is a dream sequence induced by the reapers. When shepard wakes up at the end of the Destroy ending, that's him/her "waking up"

which means that the ACTUAL ending would have yet to happen. WTF. why would someone want that to be the ending >.>
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

which means that the ACTUAL ending would have yet to happen. WTF. why would someone want that to be the ending >.>BrunoBRS

A lot of people feel that no ending at all is better than the original 3 endings we got.

I personally think the Indoctrination Theory is probably the stupidest theory ever. Some closure is better than no closure.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]*no idea what the indoctrination theory is* :DBrunoBRS

It will just give you a headache hearing it from TGR and dreman.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] but i love to read this kind of stupid stuff and laugh at it :DBrunoBRS

which means that the ACTUAL ending would have yet to happen. WTF. why would someone want that to be the ending >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Krelian-co

i'm not well versed in ME lore because, quite honestly, i think ME is just plain boring. but if i got this right, their suggestion is that not only the ending, but the entire final hours, are just an acid trip/mind control dream? which consequently means the game wouldn't have ended yet. which is stupid. even for ME standards. just forgetting to finish the final chapter of the book is just way too stupid.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] which means that the ACTUAL ending would have yet to happen. WTF. why would someone want that to be the ending >.>BrunoBRS

i'm not well versed in ME lore because, quite honestly, i think ME is just plain boring. but if i got this right, their suggestion is that not only the ending, but the entire final hours, are just an acid trip/mind control dream? which consequently means the game wouldn't have ended yet. which is stupid. even for ME standards. just forgetting to finish the final chapter of the book is just way too stupid.

ofc it is, but story wise is much better than the current endings

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] which means that the ACTUAL ending would have yet to happen. WTF. why would someone want that to be the ending >.>BrunoBRS

my ideal ending is better --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YONO917JK38

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Why the f uck would you post such a spoiler title to what happened in the real game ending?MercenaryMafia
Fixed

Not to sound rude but... what exactly did you fix?
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
And that post makes me even more happy with my decision for the Destroy ending.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

It was completely incoherent and inconclusive.

It would still have sucked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Not the final hours but the final say 30 minutes or so. But wehn you piece everything together it seems pretty cool because of the little boy at the start and how no one but shepard reacts to him so he is the indoctrination in action. and how you hear little reaper growls when he disappears etc. it's all very subtle and very clever, until you realise they never meant it and they actually just fvcked things up and have loads of incosistent errors

it would have been a cool ending but probably would have opened a can of worms too. But it still would have been cool to get that sort of twist/lost type ending

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

seanmcloughlin

Not the final hours but the final say 30 minutes or so. But wehn you piece everything together it seems pretty cool because of the little boy at the start and how no one but shepard reacts to him so he is the indoctrination in action. and how you hear little reaper growls when he disappears etc. it's all very subtle and very clever, until you realise they never meant it and they actually just fvcked things up and have loads of incosistent errors

it would have been a cool ending but probably would have opened a can of worms too. But it still would have been cool to get that sort of twist/lost type ending

the problem with brainwashing the protagonist in a game like ME, is that you simply can't influence the player's decisions, so unless bioware slowly started taking control out of the player's hands, it would have never worked from a gameplay perspective. and bioware forgetting to make anyone else react to a certain NPC because it's only important to character X seems very in-character for them :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i'm not well versed in ME lore because, quite honestly, i think ME is just plain boring. but if i got this right, their suggestion is that not only the ending, but the entire final hours, are just an acid trip/mind control dream? which consequently means the game wouldn't have ended yet. which is stupid. even for ME standards. just forgetting to finish the final chapter of the book is just way too stupid.BrunoBRS

the problem with brainwashing the protagonist in a game like ME, is that you simply can't influence the player's decisions, so unless bioware slowly started taking control out of the player's hands, it would have never worked from a gameplay perspective. and bioware forgetting to make anyone else react to a certain NPC because it's only important to character X seems very in-character for them :P

But that was the beauty of it. You went along with what was happening and made choices based on that so you were getting indoctrinated along with shepard. If they took control away to show that he was brainwashed it disconnects you from the character and makes you separate entities when they are striving for immersion and keeping you feeling like you're shepard, hence the option to change their appearance and first name.

But then again it meant either they stole the players/fans idea to try make up for the ending (Which I'm ok with) or they made a terrible ending first time just to do the Indoc theory which is stupid too. Also it eliminates multiple endings

Thank God they didn't change Marauder Shileds though. Single most important character in the ME trilogy