Bioshock: Infinite HYPE THREAD (56k) 9.0 @ GS! (96 @ MC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#451 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

How much is Season Pass...$20? PSN is only selling the Pass in a bundle right now and I didn't get the digital version.

percuvius2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA psn? What a king sized loser.

Typical dork that only gets to feel good on game forum. Kinda sad. Get back to me when you kiss a female...:lol:

#452 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

How much is Season Pass...$20? PSN is only selling the Pass in a bundle right now and I didn't get the digital version.

Wanderer5

What bundle?

Bioshock Infinite and Season Pass for $79.

#453 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

StrongBlackVine

What bundle?

I hope it can be obtained separately. Maybe that option will come tomorrow.

#454 Posted by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

StrongBlackVine

What bundle?

thats a good deal
#455 Posted by WiiMan21 (8191 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] Ya know, you're not making the wait any easier for the rest of us :Pseanmcloughlin

Right? What a dick.

tumblr_m9lm9e5Sqe1qegw8v.gif

Typical System Wars, trying to justify their purchase above others. The only ones who are getting robbed are the ones who aren't going to play the game at all.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#456 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

lol in Columbia apparently the Irish are a problem in the society :lol: 

#457 Posted by Fizzman (9892 posts) -
Can't wait to play the definitive version on my PC.
#458 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

Can't wait to play the definitive version on my PC. Fizzman

#459 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

Can't wait to play the definitive version on my PC. Fizzman

:roll:

From what I see on the NeGaf thread about the PC version this isn't Crysis 3. I see lots of those dread "jaggies" in Ultra screenshots.

#460 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1330 posts) -

Has this got a proper SLI profile in the latest driver? The documentation is not very clear :(

#461 Posted by Fizzman (9892 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]Can't wait to play the definitive version on my PC. StrongBlackVine

From what I see on the NeGaf thread about the PC version this isn't Crysis 3. I see lots of those dread "jaggies" in Ultra screenshots.

Keyboard and mouse. Better graphics is just gravy.
#462 Posted by Kinthalis (5502 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]Can't wait to play the definitive version on my PC. StrongBlackVine

Lol, keep the Jelly coming man.

As for jaggies, it's not like Pc's don't have 101 ways to force AA ona  game. From FX, to the graphics control panel. It's posisble the game itself doesn't have a very good AA solution. somethign that borks you console gamers (well, maybe you're used to jaggies by now I guess), but doesn't hamper us Pc gamers.

#463 Posted by Wasdie (53429 posts) -

My pre-order on GMG was awesome. Got Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and XCOM all with the pre-order. Seriously awesome. 

#465 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

Not really a surpise, considering the racism this game seems to have and when it took place.

Also how the kb/m? A thing I found interesting about the gameinformer review was that the guy commented on kb/m having some quirks and recommends controller.

#466 Posted by IPWNDU2 (2535 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

Because they are Catholic scum!

#467 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]Can't wait to play the definitive version on my PC. Kinthalis

As for jaggies, it's not like Pc's don't have 101 ways to force AA ona  game. From FX, to the graphics control panel. It's posisble the game itself doesn't have a very good AA solution. somethign that borks you console gamers (well, maybe you're used to jaggies by now I guess), but doesn't hamper us Pc gamers.

Nah I was actually shocked at how jaggy those screenshots were even from a console view. I'm sure someone will come up with a fix, but the members on NeoGaf seemed to be impressed with the way it looks now. Check it out for yourself.

#468 Posted by Kinthalis (5502 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Wanderer5

Not really a surpise, considering the racism this game seems to have and when it took place.

Also how the kb/m? A thing I found interesting about the gameinformer review was that the guy commented on kb/m having some quirks and recommends controller.

I think the issue s Vsync. Man, I can;t believe they still have that issue on that engine. That goes back to the original Bioshock. anyway, you should be able to fix it byt turning vsync off in game, and turning it on in the graphics panel. Or you can use the tripple buffering utility (I forget the name - someone help me out), or running wiht it off, if you've got a fast monitor.

#469 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

StrongBlackVine

Nah I was actually shocked at how jaggy those screenshots were even from a console view. I'm sure someone will come up with a fix, but the members on NeoGaf seemed to be impressed with the way it looks now. Check it out for yourself.

The "fix" is to turn up AA. The user who uploaded those shots probably didn't want the performance hit. If I am not getting 60fps, AA is the first to go

#470 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

BPoole96

The "fix" is to turn up AA. The user who uploaded those shots probably didn't want the performance hit. If I am not getting 60fps, AA is the first to go

Does it make sense it turn the settings up to Ultra and have it look like crap? Could you have say medium and turn the AA on? Been a while since I had adjust settings for a game, but I remember being it being a pain in the ass finding a compromise to get RE5 running at an acceptable framerate with with good graphics. I probably did the benchmark test about 20 or times. Then the V-Sync to locked 30 fps or screen tearing option which seems to be a problem here. I don't miss it.

#471 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Kinthalis

I think the issue s Vsync. Man, I can;t believe they still have that issue on that engine. That goes back to the original Bioshock. anyway, you should be able to fix it byt turning vsync off in game, and turning it on in the graphics panel. Or you can use the tripple buffering utility (I forget the name - someone help me out), or running wiht it off, if you've got a fast monitor.

Huh what does Vsync have to do with kb/m (never really paid attention to that option)?

#472 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

StrongBlackVine

I wasn't sure. People kept asking about an HD textures pack too.

Based on what I read, the HD texture pack is already included in the PC Digital version. There is no separate download for it like there was for Sleeping Dogs or Skyrim
#473 Posted by Heil68 (57639 posts) -
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] I doubt the GOTY edition (if there even is one at all) will release before Black Friday

You buying the DLC day one? you save like $10 if you do.

I just bought it, last time I looked at the details for the Season Pass there were hardly any info on it. Figured since I got 3 games for free plus $15 in credit I could throw 2K a bone and buy a Season Pass for once.

I think ill break my no buy DLC rule and get this.
#474 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Heil68"] You buying the DLC day one? you save like $10 if you do.

I just bought it, last time I looked at the details for the Season Pass there were hardly any info on it. Figured since I got 3 games for free plus $15 in credit I could throw 2K a bone and buy a Season Pass for once.

This will probably be the first and last time I ever buy DLC before a game is even released :P
#475 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
"Mind-blowing ending that you won't soon forget." It's an interesting twist but "Would you kindly?" was more shocking. I guess the ending would be considered good by video game standards.
#476 Posted by hayato_ (5132 posts) -

I think I'm gonna change my mind from buying the game during black friday. 

Its a rent instead :P . The story had me sold and I can beat it fairly quickly to exprience that. Now, to just find a place around me that I can rent it from.

#477 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Huh what does Vsync have to do with kb/m (never really paid attention to that option)?

Wanderer5

Causes input lag and makes mouse movement unresponsive. With that and mouse smoothing off I have no problems at all with it. Not the smoothest mouse control in an FPS but not bad either. I much prefer the mouse precision over my gamepad for it. Default keyboard controls are sh!t though and need to be reconfigured 

#478 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

"Mind-blowing ending that you won't soon forget." It's an interesting twist but "Would you kindly?" was more shocking. I guess the ending would be considered good by video game standards.tagyhag

I read spoilers before and while some of it seems to be true it didn't spoil things as much as I thought. I think I know how things will get to that conclusion though

#479 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

I think I'm gonna change my mind from buying the game during black friday. 

Its a rent instead :P . The story had me sold and I can beat it fairly quickly to exprience that. Now, to just find a place around me that I can rent it from.

hayato_

I know I shouldn't care, but I would rather Irrational get the sale.

#480 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

Let's not discuss spoilers and endings please. Game still hasn't been released in most places.

#481 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

seanmcloughlin

Causes input lag and makes mouse movement unresponsive. With that and mouse smoothing off I have no problems at all with it. Not the smoothest mouse control in an FPS but not bad either. I much prefer the mouse precision over my gamepad for it. Default keyboard controls are sh!t though and need to be reconfigured 

Ah I see. And like System Shock 2 with the crappy default kb controls eh? Not that it would be a big deal anyway.

#482 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -

Ah I see. And like System Shock 2 with the crappy default kb controls eh? Not that it would be a big deal anyway.

Wanderer5

Mmmmm System Shock 2....Would love a remake.

Hopefully one without getting the OP wrench from Bioshock. :P

#483 Posted by Heil68 (57639 posts) -
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] I just bought it, last time I looked at the details for the Season Pass there were hardly any info on it. Figured since I got 3 games for free plus $15 in credit I could throw 2K a bone and buy a Season Pass for once.

This will probably be the first and last time I ever buy DLC before a game is even released :P

Yeah, me too. I just hope it adds 10-15 hours of gameplay across all 3 DLC's, but maybe that's hoping for too much. :P
#484 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -
Gotta finish DmC before Bioshock Infinite tonight. Excited
#485 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Gotta finish DmC before Bioshock Infinite tonight. Excitedjg4xchamp

You should like totally just stop DMC and get right into Bioshock :P Just sayin.

#486 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

Did any one bother with the Industrial Revolution pre-order mini-game? Were the bonuses worth it?

#487 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Gotta finish DmC before Bioshock Infinite tonight. Excitedseanmcloughlin

You should like totally just stop DMC and get right into Bioshock :P Just sayin.

Then I'm never going back. I can speed run a hack n slash fairly well.
#488 Posted by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Right? What a dick.WiiMan21

tumblr_m9lm9e5Sqe1qegw8v.gif

Typical System Wars, trying to justify their purchase above others. The only ones who are getting robbed are the ones who aren't going to play the game at all.

pretty much this. its pretty stupid to argue over which version is better. but hey,thats SW for ya.
#489 Posted by OhSnapitz (19259 posts) -

oh Jeez Louis.. My back catalog is getting ridiculous.. :(

#490 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

jessejay420

pretty much this. its pretty stupid to argue over which version is better. but hey,thats SW for ya.

That isn't what we were doing :? Bpoole and darklink both have the PC versions as well as me, I was just playing it ebfore them. More like typical system wars getting things wrong and jumping to conclusions creating conflict where there was none

#491 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

sometimes i wonder if the big japanese development houses go out and buy a game like bioshock infinite to keep tabs on the competition and just weep at how far behind the times they are.

you know that shyt has got to hurt.

#492 Posted by archvile_78 (8438 posts) -

Picking this up tomorrow after school, can't wait.

#493 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

sometimes i wonder if the big japanese development houses go out and buy a game like bioshock infinite to keep tabs on the competition and just weep at how far behind the times they are.

Riverwolf007

Nowadays most of Sony's developers in-house are Western. What happened in Japan? Couldn't move past turn-based RPGs. That seems to be all they are good for now...and hand-held games.

#494 Posted by Big_Pecks (5972 posts) -

GOTY!

I hate to be that person, but I think it should have gotten a 9.5. Kevin barely criticized it and said that the worst thing was minor quirks. If that can't transcend a 9.0, then nothing will. 

17/36 reviews on Metacritic are 100s. Wow. 

#495 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

StrongBlackVine

Nowadays most of Sony's developers in-house are Western. What happened in Japan? Couldn't move past turn-based RPGs. That seems to be all they are good for now...and hand-held games.

they are good at picking what to publish i guess.

just cause 2 is the best thing with a squeenix logo on it in the last 10 years.

#496 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Riverwolf007

they are good at picking what to publish i guess.

just cause 2 is the best thing with a squeenix logo on it in the last 10 years.

Myself and most others would that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best by Square Enix in the last decade. I have not played Just Cause 2 though.

Tomb Raider was also great and still want to play Hitman: Absolution. They are very good in publishing role.

#497 Posted by heretrix (37792 posts) -

its pretty stupid to argue over which version is better. but hey,thats SW for ya.jessejay420

Not if there is an actual better version.

#498 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

Its a Paid Review. SNIPER4321

Oh really, this is the TRUE sequel to the best game this generation:evil:

My hype is through the roof, one more day to wait :cry:

#499 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]its pretty stupid to argue over which version is better. but hey,thats SW for ya.heretrix

Not so much to argue about dude, we all know PC is the best ;)

#500 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]its pretty stupid to argue over which version is better. but hey,thats SW for ya.heretrix

That is subjective.