Biomutant New Gameplay Trailer

#1 Edited by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

One thing I feel every single video game these days has in common is that we get to play as boring humans all the time.

I really miss the anthropomorphic animals we used to have back when graphics were less advanced.

Biomutant's main character is the big draw for me in this game, but the gameplay also looks freaking fantastic.

Made by ex-Just Cause devs no wonder JC3 sucked

and published by THQ Nordic aka I'm glad this ain't an AAA publisher

#2 Posted by vvulturas (1240 posts) -

The world actually looks really cool.

#3 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

@vvulturas said:

The world actually looks really cool.

I love a lot of stuff about this game: The combat reminds me of DMC and God of War, the graphics look really neat, it has a cat-like creature steering a boat (!!!!)

and yeah the world also looks inviting to explore ^^

#4 Posted by BassMan (8506 posts) -

It's looking better and better. I hope it comes together well as there are a lot of cool elements.

#5 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

@BassMan said:

It's looking better and better. I hope it comes together well as there are a lot of cool elements.

Totally, at first Experiment's game looked like an ... experiment from an unknown dev and a publisher that never made a big budget game before.

But the more gameplay I'm seeing the more I'm liking it :)

#6 Posted by Litchie (21730 posts) -

Yeah, it looks really cool. Looking forward to it.

#7 Posted by I_P_Daily (7716 posts) -

Looks bad, dare i say it cutsie and for kids.

#8 Posted by Needhealing (1613 posts) -

Looks like dog poo. 5-7.

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Cutesie ?

More like badass

#10 Posted by Daredevils2k (1600 posts) -

Looks dope, I can't wait :)

#11 Posted by BassMan (8506 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Embrace your inner child. Cutsie is good. :)

#12 Edited by darktruth007 (763 posts) -

Looks cool. Reminds me of this game.

Loading Video...

#13 Posted by phbz (2959 posts) -

Not sold just yet.

#14 Posted by GameboyTroy (9000 posts) -

It looks like fun. Here is an interview.

Loading Video...

#15 Posted by Basinboy (13563 posts) -

Not doing much for me. Some of it looks a lot like early footage of ReCore where you could discern there was a particular art direction left unfulfilled by elective technical decisions.

Wait and see mode, personally, and pessimistic.

#16 Posted by mojito1988 (3020 posts) -

looks too early to get excited for me. I do love me some mecs though!

#17 Edited by getyeryayasout (11701 posts) -

I feel like I'm the only person that liked Just Cause 3. I'd played it on PS4 and while it didn't run as smoothly as I'd have liked, frame rate and load times improved a bit after some patching.

The real shame is that we likely won't ever receive a sequel to the generally under-appreciated Mad Max. That game's sweet.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about Biomutant, it looks unique and like it could be good fun.

#18 Edited by GameboyTroy (9000 posts) -

It will have a dynamic weather system and a dynamic seasonal system. When it turns into winter time the water will freeze.

#19 Posted by Aki2017 (817 posts) -

Hopefully not just eye candy, because this looks fun :D

#20 Posted by JtoThaMtoThaP (953 posts) -

Looks great

#21 Posted by commander (14849 posts) -

graphics look a bit last gen but the creative artwork is amazing. Defenitely something to look out for .

#22 Posted by I_P_Daily (7716 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Cutesie ?

More like badass

I guess we have a different take on badarse, because to me that it cutsie and for kids, I mean it even teaches kids how spell, look at the 55sec mark if you don't believe me lol.

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

Embrace your inner child. Cutsie is good. :)

Nah I already know how to spill, I mean spell :P

@getyeryayasout said:

I feel like I'm the only person that liked Just Cause 3. I'd played it on PS4 and while it didn't run as smoothly as I'd have liked, frame rate and load times improved a bit after some patching.

The real shame is that we likely won't ever receive a sequel to the generally under-appreciated Mad Max. That game's sweet.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about Biomutant, it looks unique and like it could be good fun.

I have over 300hrs in Just Cause 3, and after playing it on the X the game is sooooo much smoother. I also loved Mad Max, so at least there is 2 of us lol.

#23 Posted by Ballroompirate (26006 posts) -

Looks dope AF

#24 Posted by Epak_ (10296 posts) -

Looks great!

#25 Posted by Sgt_Crow (5753 posts) -

Looks still highly unpolished in some areas but shaping up to be awesome! This was one of my fav games at E3 last year.

#26 Posted by getyeryayasout (11701 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Is Just Cause 2 BC on the X1? I've enjoyed every game in the series, but that's my favorite. Curious to find out how that runs on the X1X.

#27 Posted by Boycie (3012 posts) -

I would like the look of it, it’s just I arbitrarily decided that anything bright and colourful is for children and I won’t play it.

#28 Posted by sukraj (27715 posts) -

Looks real sweet

#29 Posted by DaVillain- (30179 posts) -

Rocket Raccoon never look so good XD

All jokes aside, when Biomutant was first reveal, I already took a interest in the game itself and hope it turns out amazing :)

@i_p_daily said:

The word you're looking for is Furry. You should check out Conker's Bad Fur Day and come back to tell us if that game is all cutsie for kids lol.

#30 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

@boycie said:

I would like the look of it, it’s just I arbitrarily decided that anything bright and colourful is for children and I won’t play it.

Now that's the kind of adult mindset people need !

@Sgt_Crow said:

Looks still highly unpolished in some areas but shaping up to be awesome! This was one of my fav games at E3 last year.

Agreed, this is why I wonder if the game will come out this year or not.

#31 Posted by m_machine024 (15760 posts) -

I love it. I'll definitely check it out.

#32 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

@GameboyTroy said:

It will have a dynamic weather system and a dynamic seasonal system. When it turns into winter time the water will freeze.

That sounds really good !

I love a dynamic weather system in games. It's something I absolutely love about Battlefield 1: how a match can change because a fogbank or sandstorm roles in.

#33 Posted by PSP107 (17054 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k:"I really miss the anthropomorphic animals we used to have back when graphics were less advanced."

Like who?

#34 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@R4gn4r0k:"I really miss the anthropomorphic animals we used to have back when graphics were less advanced."

Like who?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Basically every game had anthropomorphic animals back in the N64/PS1/PS2 days.

Most of the platforming games had those for sure.

#35 Posted by PSP107 (17054 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k:

Yea The Sonics, The Crash Bandicoots, The Diddy Kongs etc. Have better personalities than The Laura Crofts, Aloys and Drakes.

#36 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28199 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Yea The Sonics, The Crash Bandicoots, The Diddy Kongs etc. Have better personalities than The Laura Crofts, Aloys and Drakes.

I just don't understand that with graphics becoming more and more realistic we have to have realistic humans like all the time... in every game.

Because a whacky, off looking character to me (even if it's a human) will always look better than a character trying to look real, but failing.

I like stuff like this, these are as ugly as can be. But they just bring a smile to my face.

Meanwhile so many 'realistic' looking characters just look way too stupid and like nothing I'd want to play as :P