Bill Gates: I absolutely support Nadella in dumping Xbox

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by santoron (8583 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Essentially though, Gates has given Nadella the green light for the execution, whether it will happen or not is a different ball game. We'll just have to see how itchy Nadella's trigger finger gets as we move on :P.

Except the part where Nadella gave his "Firm Support" to the XBox division when he promoted Spencer.

#52 Posted by Effec_Tor (908 posts) -

Everything has to come to an end.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#53 Edited by SolidGame_basic (22326 posts) -

this title is very misleading..worse than CNN

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
#55 Posted by deactivated-583e460ca986b (7240 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@misterpmedia said:

Essentially though, Gates has given Nadella the green light for the execution, whether it will happen or not is a different ball game. We'll just have to see how itchy Nadella's trigger finger gets as we move on :P.

The former CEO can give the current CEO the green light to do something?

All Gates did was tell shareholders he believes in Nadella's ability. If Xbox is in Microsoft's long term strategy why would they spinoff all of a sudden?

Isn't Gates a majority shareholder? And as I stated "whether it will happen or not is a different ball game".

Yes Gates has the second most shares in Microsoft which is all the more reason to show that you support the CEO in a company you own 330 million shares of.

#56 Posted by Locutus_Picard (4041 posts) -
@kuu2 said:

Answering a question affirming you stand behind your new CEO....................

Cows gunna Cow.

This means:
1. Bill Gates distancing himself from the Xbox Brand. It's alarming since he himself created it.
2. Msft would not keep control over a spin-off.
3. Msft is reaching out to those wanting to dump Xbox by spinning it off.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#57 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (30827 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I would like to see a real statement from Billy.....this doesn't mean shit right now.

"Billy"....hmmmm.....

#58 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30827 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@blue_hazy_basic: Link added

Cheers!

#60 Edited by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

@santoron said:

@misterpmedia said:

Except the part where Nadella gave his "Firm Support" to the XBox division when he promoted Spencer.

Oh yeah, I know that. Didn't say anything about his lack of support for Xbox. But if anything happens and things change he won't need to put in as much paperwork with Gates backing him fully if the decision ever arises...which it might not of course.

@GoldenElementXL this can be a reply to you too.

#61 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Might be time to start thinking about jumping out lems. I don't see Xbox division lasting longer if it continues to get decimated by Playstation.

#JUMPOUT

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#62 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

m$ are literally begging someone to take this crap brand off their hands, google should reach out to the wounded animal and help them, it would be ethically the correct thing to do.

#63 Edited by intotheminx (2579 posts) -

There is a serious lack of reading comprehension on this site.

#64 Edited by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Also get ready for a complete misinterpretation and overreaction in 3 ... 2 ... 1...

but that's what makes system wars fun lol.

but then u get the morons who don't read anything properly, put it to context and don't read the follow up and repeat the wrong info as if its fact for eternity *hangs head*

that requires effort and thinking

#65 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

I'm personally not going to read too much into this, it's just Bill Gates saying he'll support the new CEO's decisions, whatever they may be.

On the other hand the instant damage control from the Xbox Defense Force is pretty amazing. Keep up the good work, guys, I'm sure they'll be a big bonus at the end of the month for you.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#66 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Might be time to start thinking about jumping out lems. I don't see Xbox division lasting longer if it continues to get decimated by Playstation.

#JUMPOUT

I guess Xbox is part of the long term strategy means nothing to these silly cows.

That's why this thread should have stayed locked, because of nonsense like this.

#67 Edited by kuu2 (10321 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@kuu2 said:

Answering a question affirming you stand behind your new CEO....................

Cows gunna Cow.

This means:

1. Bill Gates distancing himself from the Xbox Brand. It's alarming since he himself created it.

2. Msft would not keep control over a spin-off.

3. Msft is reaching out to those wanting to dump Xbox by spinning it off.

You are severely reaching with any of this, but that is to be expected by you.

#68 Edited by kingtito (9019 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

I'm personally not going to read too much into this, it's just Bill Gates saying he'll support the new CEO's decisions, whatever they may be.

On the other hand the instant damage control from the Xbox Defense Force is pretty amazing. Keep up the good work, guys, I'm sure they'll be a big bonus at the end of the month for you.

Correcting the obviously misleading title == damage control?

Can we say the cows are so desperate that they're grasping at anything and everything they can find? Even going so far as to write misleading titles and failing to actually read the link with an ounce of comprehension.

Thanks for confirming cows desperation.

#69 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

wow Xbone = DONE!

#70 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Can we say the cows are so desperate that they're grasping at anything and everything they can find? Even going so far as to write misleading titles and failing to actually read the link with an ounce of comprehension.

Look at the thread and count how many replies are from you and your ilk running in to defend their favorite piece of plastic.

Yes, it's complete damage control and I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

#71 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Cows love this. I love how it gives them hope.

#72 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (30827 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@kingtito said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look at the thread and count how many replies are from you and your ilk running in to defend their favorite piece of plastic.

Yes, it's complete damage control and I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

How is it damage control correcting people who were wrong? Sweet Jesus on a unicycle that makes no sense.

#73 Edited by musicalmac (24894 posts) -

I'll be curious to read news stories as this develops, if it develops.

#74 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

The xbox brand is in the red it has yet to show any profit pretty sure it the shareholders that want this. Not hard to see why the xbox brand is a money pit. Sure MS who makes windoze can afford it but it still is a drain and the shareholders want it gone. Add in the fact that the ps4 has a commanding lead and the rights for lol tv services plus marketing and R and D the xflop is another huge money pit.

Oh that e3 did not go as planned and all the used game money they thought they had went by-by.

#77 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Am I confused or did that read as if they "aren't" dumping the Xbox division?

#78 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic:

Yeah, the thread title is misleading. If this thread is going to be kept open can we get a new one?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#79 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

It wouldn't at all surprise me if this was legit.

#80 Edited by tonitorsi (8685 posts) -

Lemmings are seen on System Wars again on full damage control mode.

And NeoGaf is down.

This is going to be a great day.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#81 Posted by stereointegrity (11662 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

And according to the TC's quote, Bing and Xbox are in MS's long term strategy....or are my reading comprehension skills lacking?

Your reading comprehension skills are fine.

Cows on the other hand ....

And yet before any cow came in here Claiming ownage or talking shit u went straight to damage control mode and bashed cows....

Hmmmmmmmmmm

#82 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Did you actually read the article?

@tonitorsi said:

And NeoGaf is down.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
#83 Edited by deactivated-583e460ca986b (7240 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It wouldn't at all surprise me if this was legit.

If what was legit? The quote? Did you read any of it or just the thread title?

#84 Edited by Heil68 (57848 posts) -

I bet Bill is still mad from E3 when MS got humiliated and knocked the **** out.

#85 Edited by RR360DD (13687 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

@RR360DD said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

And according to the TC's quote, Bing and Xbox are in MS's long term strategy....or are my reading comprehension skills lacking?

Your reading comprehension skills are fine.

Cows on the other hand ....

And yet before any cow came in here Claiming ownage or talking shit u went straight to damage control mode and bashed cows....

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe because about 3 cows made 3 threads within seconds of eachother about this, one being titled "Xbox Division am cry!"

duh

Seriously, use your head sometimes.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#86 Edited by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

It's amazing how many cows can't read lol

I think the PS4 needs a Reading Rainbow game.

Or maybe a Hooked On Phonics app....something.

#87 Edited by tonitorsi (8685 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@tonitorsi said:

And NeoGaf is down.

I did and its still funny to see over-reactions in both sides.

Gates believes Xbox and Bing are long-term strategies for the company, but also flat out states he'll back whatever decisions the company takes in the future.

If Nadella wants to cut off the Xbox, there's pretty much not a darn thing Gates could do.

And well, the reactions are pretty funeeh to observe, imo.

Thats all.

#88 Posted by happyduds77 (1688 posts) -

I don't want anybody to lose their jobs, but I really want the Xbox division to fail, learn some lessons and come back again. They are the ones that came up or popularized lots money grabbing stuff.

But then if that happened Sony is gonna be even worse.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#89 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Neogaf really is down tho, hmm.

#90 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33713 posts) -

That's not what he f***ing said!

#91 Edited by PonchoTaco (3183 posts) -
  • Terrible Topic Name
  • Fanboys didn't read
  • Fanboys claiming ownage

This is System Wars

#93 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@ActicEdge said:

@tonitorsi said:

And NeoGaf is down.

I did and its still funny to see over-reactions in both sides.

Gates believes Xbox and Bing are long-term strategies for the companies, but also flat out states he'll back whatever decisions the company takes in the future.

If Nadella wants to cut off the Xbox, there's pretty much not a darn thing Gates could do.

So why exactly are people over exaggerating what this means for the Xbox division? It's not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. That's pretty obvious. 10 years from now? Who knows but right now? It's a none issue. Or do you think otherwise?

#94 Edited by tonitorsi (8685 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Neogaf really is down tho, hmm.

The salt is imminent.

#95 Posted by Shewgenja (19104 posts) -

Seems like yesterday that die-hard XBox fans were yelling the sky is falling because of Sony's financials. Now they scramble to justify former CEOs talking about giving XBox the axe.

Cool story bros.

#97 Posted by cainetao11 (32715 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

"Gates, the founder and former CEO of Microsoft, said he’s been helping new CEO Satya Nadella transition into his new leadership role and that he would support Nadella if the new CEO proposed a spinoff of one of Microsoft’s units. But Gates said he didn’t foresee either Bing, the company’s search engine division, or Xbox, its gaming division, as potential stand-alone companies because they are part of Microsoft’s long-term strategy."

LINK

Oops...

#JumpOut

Don't see how that says its Xbox.

#98 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30827 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Seems like yesterday that die-hard XBox fans were yelling the sky is falling because of Sony's financials. Now they scramble to justify former CEOs talking about giving XBox the axe.

Cool story bros.

Seems like yesterday that die-hard PS fans were yelling the sky is falling because of Sony's financials. Now they scramble to misread former CEOs talking about giving XBox the axe.

Cool story bros.

:P

#99 Posted by cainetao11 (32715 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

hhahahahaha this is hilarious, after all the doom talk lems do for sony it seems xbox is more dispensable to m$ than playstation is for sony hahaha

I hope this isn't really what you got from the quote. Please tell me you are trolling.

Dude, read his sig. He hates a piece of electronics. No more need be said.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#100 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

context to the story is not needed because everyone knows m$ doesnt like xbox, why else would they try converting it into tvbox? the writing is on the wall lems, hopefully m$ can fulfil their vision and burn their brand to the ground