Biggest fear about your most hyped games...

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22657 Posts

Lots of upcoming games folks. Lots of 2017 hype. Tons of games... Exclusives, strong multiplats... They can't all be good, hit the mark and raise the bar.

So be honest with yourself... What are you most worried about in terms of the quality of your most coveted upcoming games...

Mass Effect - fetch quest side missions, potentially lousy new characters would also be a really bad start to the new mass effect.

Neir:Automata - it'll be more transformers than Bayonetta...

Zelda - the open world reducing the charm and meaningful activities in the game. Ie, the curse of the open world borefest.

What are your fears system wars?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22657 Posts

Where did my thread go?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

Not a fan of timed or repeated dungeons. Ocean King Temple doing my tits in. Long, laborious, only one checkpoint, pretty much no combat, doing the same puzzles you just done two hours ago, with a timer, while you walk around very slowly lugging crystals playing Metal Gear Solid.

No more of that please.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Breath of the Wild: The open world nature of the game diluting the quality design that the franchise is known and loved for.

Super Mario Odyssey: The open world nature of the game diluting the quality design that the franchise is known and loved for.

If they pull it off, then both will be quite mind blowing.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Persona 5 is going to get delayed... :P

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

RDR 2 -That it will get delayed

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Yooka Laylee: It won't have the same magic as N64 Rare titles.

Cuphead: It'll get delayed AGAIN! Or cancelled.

Injustice 2: Unbalanced

South Park: TFBW: Only slightly more in depth combat than SoT.

Outlast 2: Not much innovation over the original

Little Nightmares: Too repetitive.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Well, fears about Horizon already look to be well founded. Generic Ubisoft style open world with millions of completely pointless things to collect and kill for. I might be wrong but the trailers suck ass.

Nier Automata: it won't be Nier 2 it will be Bayonetta 3, great news for Bayonetta fans, terrible news for people like me who were hoping for an RPG. I have a theory that Scalebound was cancelled for the same reason, they wanted an RPG and were given a mindless hack and slash action game.

Mass Effect: DAI they got the level scaling completely wrong and made the vast majority of their content redundant if you finished even a quarter of the game. Witcher 3 fucked up the same way. I hope they don't ruin exploration the same way in Andromeda by having you outlevel the whole game as punishment for playing the content as you discover it.

Persona 5 I am confident will deliver what we're expecting (famous last words lol). Ditto Prey which I'm also looking forward to.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Gran Turismo Sport and 7 turning out like GT5 i.e crappie handling and awful game play. We know already the sound will be business as usual *sigh*

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

After Scalebound, them getting cancelled.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Mass Effect - fetch quest side missions, potentially lousy new characters would also be a really bad start to the new mass effect.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

Nier Automata: it won't be Nier 2 it will be Bayonetta 3

Man, if only lol. That'd be the dream. Not sure why getting a seemingly good sequel to a crappy game is a problem though.

@blueinheaven said:

I have a theory that Scalebound was cancelled for the same reason, they wanted an RPG and were given a mindless hack and slash action game.

Yeah, that's not how these things work. MS wouldn't go approaching the action game designer and not want an action heavy game. And it's not like the design doc isn't clearly laid out from the start.

Also, Kamiyas games aren't mindless. Most big budget RPGs are. Aren't you into Dragon Age and Fallout? Kek.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

breath of the wild: the open world is a bit empty and pointless with a lack of things to do. it would also be disappointing if performance for the wiiu version hasn't improved since the E3 build last year.

Mass effect Andromeda: EA go nuts with the DLC and the base game feels quite incomplete without it. i hope its more like witcher 3 and less like mass effect 2 in that regard.

Dirt Rally linux build: i hope the port is good. i dont think my linux box is going to run it anyway but i hope its a good port.

those are the main games close on my radar anyway.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Red Dead: That it will be MP focused and that the SP will be somewhat stripped as a result. As a second thing I hope R* has Max Payned the gameplay so it's snappier and just awesome. But after the sloggy GTA V I'm worried they can't do it in an OW setting.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

s excited for Breath of the Wild as I am, I've always been mildly worried about how well the open world aspect would be pulled off. Hopefully whatever tedium the open world brings, if any, will be kept to a minimum.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

I am not hyped about any particular game but I am concerned about Mario Odyssey. That game looks very questionable and is too reminiscent of Sonic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

RDR2- That it's mainly focused on online.

Below -That it gets cancelled.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

@Pedro said:

I am not hyped about any particular game but I am concerned about Mario Odyssey. That game looks very questionable and is too reminiscent of Sonic.

I hope you are aware that there is more to Odyssey than the urban world that reminds you of 3D Sonic games. Since the game will not be out until late this year and E3 is still months away, we will learn more about it. I would like to see more footage of the other worlds other than the urban one in future trailers.

Super Mario Odyssey: would not be in equal footing or even better than Galaxy.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind: be inferior to Skyward Sword for the Wii.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@l34052 said:

Gran Turismo Sport and 7 turning out like GT5 i.e crappie handling and awful game play. We know already the sound will be business as usual *sigh*

The last 2 GT for the PS3 were not that great.

SONY lost their racing touch, MS is now king.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Prey - Turned out to be mediocre because Ghost4ever is hyping it. EVery game he hypes he ends up hating it unless it's DOOM.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Mount and Blade II: Warband - not coming out in 2017. I was gonna say "bugs" but then I realized that's not a fear of what may come, but an inevitable ordeal I must endure.

Ultimate General: Civil War - they somehow screwing up the difficulty balance. Though I will find it ass-whooping hard regardless.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA - I know this game kicks ass already. just hope PS4 version brings enough enhancements to make my second purchase worthwhile, and actually run 60FPS with bigger maps.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo f*cking up English dubbing yet again. Will probably happen.

Musou Stars - please don't start adding character DLCs.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@Pikminmaniac said:

Breath of the Wild: The open world nature of the game diluting the quality design that the franchise is known and loved for.

Super Mario Odyssey: The open world nature of the game diluting the quality design that the franchise is known and loved for.

Both of these, but in the case of Mario I'm pretty sure the open world is just the hub area and the levels are their own thing.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50:

PCARS and Assetto Corsa are better games than anything either Sony or ms have put out.

The biggie for me this year is PCARS 2.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I am concerned about the overworld being dull and perhaps too massive.

Super Mario Odyssey: The hub world being meh.

Persona 5: The dungeons not being an improvement over P4 and other previous SMT games.

Horizon: Zero Dawn: Guerrilla games bad habits.

Nier Automata: It's made by Platinum's B or C team.

Sonic Mania: A game that is still inferior to Sonic 2 and 3&K which would be a disappointment since those games are over 20 years old.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#25  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2946 Posts

My biggest fear about ME:A is it will have too short of a campaign and game in general will be too much like ME2 much like ME3 was.

My biggest fear about Sea of Thieves is the PVP not having alot depth and/or gets old quickly.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts
  • Super Bomberman R - Won't have the charm and intense battles the series was known for.
  • Breath of the Wild - That the voice acting will destroy some of the charm the series has been known for. No fear of the open world though, Zelda has always been open world to an extent.
  • RDR2 - will be RDR2 online because of the success of GTAV Online.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - The overworld will take away from the charm because it looks really weird seeing Mario in modern cities.
  • Yooka Laylee - Won't have that Rare charm I'm looking for.
  • Persona 5 - won't have been worth the LOOOONG wait and won't surpass P4G in story or depth.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - will be Assassins Creed in terms of repetitiveness.
  • Splatoon 2 - won't add much to Splatoon 1 and is being rushed out.
  • Divinity Original Sin 2 - won't live up to the first game.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15991 Posts

ARMS: lack of depth in the gameplay, not many characters to choose from

Dirt 4: there won't be any gymkhana

Breath of the wild: the dungeons will be an afterthought in favor of the open world gameplay

GT Sport: quantity over quality

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

Right now I am most worried about how the open world nature of Zelda Breath of the Wild will affect the overall game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Mass Effect- fetch quests ad nauseum.

Sea of Thieves- people playing without communicating. I look forward to playing but as I discovered with Horde 3.0 and Survival mode in Uncharted 4, playing with randoms is hit or miss as far as using mics.

Prey- just feels flat?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Red Dead: That it will be MP focused and that the SP will be somewhat stripped as a result.

Yes, this definitely... especially with the success of GTA online, it has me worried.

Another worry is with Mass Effect Andromeda... I hope they don't go all open-world and fill it with boring shitty filler missions.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

My only real concern would RDR2 being mostly online focused. I like a solid story. Don't change that.

South Park getting delayed again has me worried that its not going to be as good as the first one also

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

I'm not sure that I hype games up too much anymore. I guess my biggest concern with Mass Effect might be too many resources wasted on the MP component, especially with the whole "battlepacks" concept that has flooded other games for extra money. I am a little concerned about the new South Park. I'm worried that the changes to the combat system might not result in a better experience.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

I mean Yakuza Kiwami, 6, and then Persona 5 came out in Japan already and has reviewed well and are viewed as good games so I have no fears.

Beyond that, Ni no Kuni 2's amount of content maybe?

Idk, there are a lot of good games I'm interested in in 2017 but it's hard to pick a favorite after Persona 5 and Yakuza.

Here are the games I'm interested in:

Star Citizen, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Ni no Kuni 2, Persona 5, Yakuza 0 (Already have but it's this year still), Nioh, Yakuza Kiwami, Mass Effect Andromeda (when complete version comes out since **** ea for their bad practices with dlc where it's cheaper to buy full version over just the dlc after you already own the game), and plenty of other games. Stuff like A Hat in Time, Nex Machina, Matterfall, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3, Nier Automata, Styx: Shards of Darkness, Digimon World: New Order, Horizon Zero Dawn, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8, Little Nightmares, Get Even (possibly), Tekken 7, The Bard's Tale IV, Absolver, Ace Combat 7, Agents of Mayhem (possibly), Call of Cthulhu, Dauntless, Death's Gambit, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Drawn to Death, Dreadnought, Dreams, Earth Defense Force 5, Frozen Synapse 2, Gran Turismo Sport, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev.2, Lords of the Fallen 2 (if not just to see if they can improve on the first game to make a solid game), Mages of Mystralia, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Megaton Rainfall. LIGHTFIELD, New Hot Shots Golf, Nine Parchments, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, Nidhogg 2, Outlast 2, Overkill's The Walking Dead, Pillars of the Earth, SpellForce 3, Starblood Arena, Star Control: Origins, State of Mind, Strafe, Sundered, The Guild 3, The Sexy Brutale, The Church in the Darkness, The Escapists 2, Thimbleweed Park, Tokyo 42, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Vampyr, Windjammers, What Remains of Edith Finch, WipEout: Omega Collection, Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, etc etc

But yeah, not all are massively important to me.

Avatar image for smearygoose1768
SmearyGoose1768

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SmearyGoose1768
Member since 2016 • 297 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yeah I have a feeling it will get delayed but Rockstar has always been punctual with their game releases so I doubt it. What worries me is that there haven't been news or info released by the developers.

Avatar image for smearygoose1768
SmearyGoose1768

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SmearyGoose1768
Member since 2016 • 297 Posts

I actually don't have any fears for my most hyped games (Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, RDR 2) except for Mass Effect since I am new to the series and haven't played the previous games. I have more fears of doubts about games I am interested but not super hyped like Ghost Recon Wildlands.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

I got nothing that I'm concern on the games I'm hype.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

ME4 being too similar to DA:I. That would be a nightmare.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blueinheaven

@ConanTheStoner said:
@blueinheaven said:

Nier Automata: it won't be Nier 2 it will be Bayonetta 3

Man, if only lol. That'd be the dream. Not sure why getting a seemingly good sequel to a crappy game is a problem though.

@blueinheaven said:

I have a theory that Scalebound was cancelled for the same reason, they wanted an RPG and were given a mindless hack and slash action game.

Yeah, that's not how these things work. MS wouldn't go approaching the action game designer and not want an action heavy game. And it's not like the design doc isn't clearly laid out from the start.

Also, Kamiyas games aren't mindless. Most big budget RPGs are. Aren't you into Dragon Age and Fallout? Kek.

Maybe MS thought the game they wanted was safe in the capable hands of an acclaimed developer? Maybe the design doc didn't prepare them for yes, another completely mindless hack and slash game with vague RPG elements? Like Nier Automata for example?

If you think DA and Fallout are 'mindless' I don't know what to say to you. Character and story development and scene setting and deep layers of character customisation you know the kind of shit you expect in an epic RPG versus 'kill shit till it's all dead or you get bored whichever happens first' which isn't exactly Platinum's M.O. to the letter but it's not far off.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

My biggest fear is the amount of proper dungeons in BotW. If it's only 4 I'll be a bit upset. Though the 100+ confirmed shrines will make up for it a bit.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

Maybe MS thought the game they wanted was safe in the capable hands of an acclaimed developer? Maybe the design doc didn't prepare them for yes, another completely mindless hack and slash game with vague RPG elements? Like Nier Automata for example?

If you think DA and Fallout are 'mindless' I don't know what to say to you. Character and story development and scene setting and deep layers of character customisation you know the kind of shit you expect in an epic RPG versus 'kill shit till it's all dead or you get bored whichever happens first' which isn't exactly Platinum's M.O. to the letter but it's not far off.

Mechanically they totally are, won't dog Dragon Age too hard, as I was never fond of the first game, but Fallout's been a pretty rubbish FPS under Bethesda parading itself around as something more nuanced. As a rpg it's more amusement park than a system of checks n balances that forces hard choices and creates interesting stories out of its systems, at least that's how it was in Fallout 3 in comparison to what Obsidian did with New Vegas (jank fest that it may be).

Platinum's games are mechanically sharp, and demand more of the player. Any idiot can button mash through those games to the finish line, but mastery in those games is a bye product of actually understanding the systems, the many tells of the enemies, and knowing how to apply your arsenal, all the while at a fast, relentless pace, because they've play tested the game on its highest difficulty to be played without you the player, at their best, not getting touched.

More to it playing Nier right now. I'll concede that even for my "video games are stories are objectively shit" self, that so far the story has been weirdly interesting. The mansion with stone eyes kid is eery as ****, and I've been fairly invested in papa Nier's motive to help his kid. But the game part of Nier is rubbish, the mechanics are awful across the board. It's not some thinking man's game, when it comes to the game part. And even by the demo, yeah they highlight how much better the action is, but to anyone well versed in action games, you can see where it leans way too much towards a RPG if you went in expecting a Platinum game. There are plenty of systems in place to offset player skill, and the general bleakness of the setting, that's always been a Yoko Taro thing. The thing is his games have usually played shittier than Nier's demo, significantly so.

And lets be real, Scalebound is more likely a product of Microsoft mishandling, than Kamiya not being able to make something slow paced. Everything they showed of that game was hardly typical Platinum, there are plenty of closed door write ups on how many customization options they never showed the public, and the dude made Okami and Resident Evil 2. Given what I've played of Nier (and the Drakengard stuff for that matter), and your reaction to the demo, I'd say it might be a bit misguided. Because the other Taro stuff between the ghetto shmup stuff, the bleak setting, and looney bin stuff like the text adventure will probably still be there, in fact it's more or less a given it'll still be there.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blueinheaven

@jg4xchamp said:
@blueinheaven said:

Mechanically they totally are, won't dog Dragon Age too hard, as I was never fond of the first game, but Fallout's been a pretty rubbish FPS under Bethesda parading itself around as something more nuanced. As a rpg it's more amusement park than a system of checks n balances that forces hard choices and creates interesting stories out of its systems, at least that's how it was in Fallout 3 in comparison to what Obsidian did with New Vegas (jank fest that it may be).

Platinum's games are mechanically sharp, and demand more of the player. Any idiot can button mash through those games to the finish line, but mastery in those games is a bye product of actually understanding the systems, the many tells of the enemies, and knowing how to apply your arsenal, all the while at a fast, relentless pace, because they've play tested the game on its highest difficulty to be played without you the player, at their best, not getting touched.

More to it playing Nier right now. I'll concede that even for my "video games are stories are objectively shit" self, that so far the story has been weirdly interesting. The mansion with stone eyes kid is eery as ****, and I've been fairly invested in papa Nier's motive to help his kid. But the game part of Nier is rubbish, the mechanics are awful across the board. It's not some thinking man's game, when it comes to the game part. And even by the demo, yeah they highlight how much better the action is, but to anyone well versed in action games, you can see where it leans way too much towards a RPG if you went in expecting a Platinum game. There are plenty of systems in place to offset player skill, and the general bleakness of the setting, that's always been a Yoko Taro thing. The thing is his games have usually played shittier than Nier's demo, significantly so.

And lets be real, Scalebound is more likely a product of Microsoft mishandling, than Kamiya not being able to make something slow paced. Everything they showed of that game was hardly typical Platinum, there are plenty of closed door write ups on how many customization options they never showed the public, and the dude made Okami and Resident Evil 2. Given what I've played of Nier (and the Drakengard stuff for that matter), and your reaction to the demo, I'd say it might be a bit misguided. Because the other Taro stuff between the ghetto shmup stuff, the bleak setting, and looney bin stuff like the text adventure will probably still be there, in fact it's more or less a given it'll still be there.

I don't want to appear flippant because I respect your opinions for the most part and they often align with my own but you pretty much highlighted my fears of what they want to do with Nier by pointing out they are all about challenging players with the combat. For me that's a great thing but a very small part of what makes an epic experience. They have showed literally nothing with Automata that deviates from their 'by the numbers' action game formula and I still think that's why Scalebound was panned as well.

I have no doubt Automata will get rave reviews I just think they should have been honest and called it Bayonetta 3 which isn't what I wanted at all but hey them's the breaks.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@blueinheaven said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I don't want to appear flippant because I respect your opinions for the most part and they often align with my own but you pretty much highlighted my fears of what they want to do with Nier by pointing out they are all about challenging players with the combat. For me that's a great thing but a very small part of what makes an epic experience. They have showed literally nothing with Automata that deviates from their 'by the numbers' action game formula and I still think that's why Scalebound was panned as well.

I have no doubt Automata will get rave reviews I just think they should have been honest and called it Bayonetta 3 which isn't what I wanted at all but hey them's the breaks.

The thing is I don't think they did anymore so than what was always already a basic goal. The difference is Platinum is actually does action combat well, so they not only know how to make good mechanics, but then also present something that will at least challenge the player. But man difficult modes exist. As for the stuff that made Nier, Nier, chances are a demo wasn't going to highlight Taro's brand of insanity and his knack for getting you empathize with his characters.

But sure, the demo might have made the mistake of solely showing off the action, and not enough of the other stuff you want in a Taro joint.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

Zelda, I can understand why they went open world. Mario? That might be a sign of Nintendo having to adapt even the darkest trends of gaming today, which I feared would be a consequence of them needing to "modernize".

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Horizon being buggy as all hell with a cheesy story.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

• Divinity Original Sin 2 - won't live up to the first game.

I've beaten the first act (all that's available atm) in the Alpha on every major patch released so far trying different tactics, character builds, main characters, etc. and I can assure you that will NOT be a problem.

It's more complex, more of an RPG, more diverse, and more satisfying (in terms of combat) to play. And despite the story being A LOT darker, all that Divinity charm is still there.

I only have two gripes with it. One is that there is no voice acting.....yet. Just like the first. But with the new, more complicated/deep dialog system, that might be hard to implement. Two, AI 2.0 is too smart for me... I prefer the game a little easier, so I will have to wait for it to be nerfed/disabled in the easier difficulties for a more leisurely play-through.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

Horizon: The story being trash and not worth any replay value.

New God of War: having less gameplay and focusing on being cinematic (RYSE Son of Rome style)

TLoU 2: making Elie a lesbian and cratering to SJW feminism camps

Rime: being short and lacking action

RDR2: having shit frustrating online like the first RDR and GTA5

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

PREY: I fear about optimization problem since dishonored 2 was badly optimize. hope its not the case this time around.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@funsohng said:

Mount and Blade II: Warband - not coming out in 2017. I was gonna say "bugs" but then I realized that's not a fear of what may come, but an inevitable ordeal I must endure.

Ultimate General: Civil War - they somehow screwing up the difficulty balance. Though I will find it ass-whooping hard regardless.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA - I know this game kicks ass already. just hope PS4 version brings enough enhancements to make my second purchase worthwhile, and actually run 60FPS with bigger maps.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo f*cking up English dubbing yet again. Will probably happen.

Musou Stars - please don't start adding character DLCs.

What???? Come on, I thought bannerlords would come out this year. I am so looking forward to this game.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

The only game im hyped for is Zelda. I'm worried that I won't be happy with my wiiu version and I'll buy a switch... Which I don't need.