texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14943 Posts

It has a very troubled development and many talent losses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/12/08/diablo-iv-release-date-crunch/

While I do expect the actual combat to be good, I expect an underwhelming experience overall, just like Diablo III. And games made like this should simply not be supported any longer.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

It will be a good game that is completely ruined by microtransactions, season passes and all of this modern gaming dogshit that the gaming industry is plagued with.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2257 Posts

Most of the early previews is pretty positive and yeah from what I have seen it looks great! That being said, afraid that hardwarezen is spot on and it’s going to be riddled with micro transactions…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34731 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

It will be a good game that is completely ruined by microtransactions, season passes and all of this modern gaming dogshit that the gaming industry is plagued with.

Indeed.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
Loading Video...

sequel to diablo 2 instead of diablo 3 sounds really good tho, but most likely it'll end up being fairly shallow and I'll go back to poe in few months

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1358 Posts

I really enjoyed Diablo 3, but if this game has microtransactions I’m not going to bother.

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#8 RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

Pretty sure it was made clear that any microtransactions will be cosmetic only and offer no gameplay benefits.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

@howmakewood said:
@hardwenzen said:
Loading Video...

sequel to diablo 2 instead of diablo 3 sounds really good tho, but most likely it'll end up being fairly shallow and I'll go back to poe in few months

Even if it isn't shallow, cuz it does seem like they're putting effort into this. All of this doesn't matter when the foundation will be mtx. Immortal was a test run to Diablo 4. Expect a lot of +800% EXTRA VALUE bundles. Disgusting.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

What was the publisher/developer name? Lol.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

Never played a Diablo game before,what am I missing? Is Diablo games even on GamePass? Can’t remember seeing it?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44447 Posts

What I’ve seen and heard on the game recently sounds quite good. I did really enjoy Diablo III so I’m hyped for Diablo IV.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7022 Posts

It looks amazing and the early previews have been very positive.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3102 Posts

I hated D3, and this is looking like that with a better skin. I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't expect it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:

Just like Diablo Immortal.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9417 Posts

I still expect Blizz to have some remaining talent just due to their position in the industry. Diablo is a solid template and there are plenty of other clones to take inspiration from. I think the main questions are:

1. Will the game have an adaquate amount of feature completeness at launch? (or, for example, are we going to be missing most of the weapon crafting like DarkTide?)
  2. Will the game be brought down by extraneous monetization?

There is a third question we know the answer to: Will the servers be stable at launch? No, no they will not be.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

Fuuuck no. Diablo Immortal was trash. The Diablo 2 remake was awesome. Hopefully they understand the mobile market and console/PC market isn't the same.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

Despite mtx and aggressive monetization in place of interesting game design being the primary issue affecting the quality of games as we head into the future, most of the screeching on this board is about cinematics in games. A profoundly misplaced and mistaken complaint.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dimebag667

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Despite mtx and aggressive monetization in place of interesting game design being the primary issue affecting the quality of games as we head into the future, most of the screeching on this board is about cinematics in games. A profoundly misplaced and mistaken complaint.

Are they mutually exclusive? Aggressive MTX and excessive cinematics are both destroying games.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7343 Posts

@brimmul777: My advice is just stay away. I played Diablo 2 for 100 hours before it suddenly hit me I wasn't having any fun. Just felt compelled to keep going to find that next slightly better piece of armor, then level up to put another point in some stat so I could actually wear the armor/weapon/spell/sparkly shose/whatever. And that was back before they realized they could monetize the shit out of these gameplay systems.

But honestly, if loot grinding floats your boat, it's pretty good.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

@dimebag667 said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Are they mutually exclusive? Aggressive MTX and excessive cinematics are both destroying games.

Cinematics aren't "destroying" games. Such a ridiculous claim.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hardwenzen
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

Fuuuck no. Diablo Immortal was trash. The Diablo 2 remake was awesome. Hopefully they understand the mobile market and console/PC market isn't the same.

What i meant to say is that Diablo Immortal early impressions were ALL very positive. But then look at the game on release day.

Here is my predition. The game will launch with mtx, but not an outrageous amount of them. It is to give you an illusion of "Blizzard finally got it this time around". They will get good reviews that aren't gonna destroy them for mtx, and players reception, generally speaking, is gonna be good. Then, about a month after, they introduce what this game is really gonna be, a god damn store with a Diablo skin. Reviews won't be lowering their scores, people bitchin won't change anything because sales will always be there, and addicted people won't leave because of extreme push of mtx's.

Be ready for the butt drilling.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46546 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Activision-Blizzard?

Naaaaaaaah, they won't do shady stuff to ruin people's enjoyment and drive sheeple towards buying expensive commodities.

Oh wait they keep doing it.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dimebag667

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@dimebag667 said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Cinematics aren't "destroying" games. Such a ridiculous claim.

They are definitely becoming exceedingly prevalent, and occupying territory that should be filled with gameplay. You know, that whole thing that games are about. So respectfully, I disagree.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Activision-Blizzard?

Naaaaaaaah, they won't do shady stuff to ruin people's enjoyment and drive sheeple towards buying expensive commodities.

Oh wait they keep doing it.

They do this shit every time. Original warzone had a skin like that as well. But they usually stick to guns. They introduce a brand new op as fk weapon on their mtx store, everyone will buy it to get the edge, and like a month later, it gets nerfed AND a new op broken bs is introduced instantly, and the only way to get it is to pay $$$. Its absolutely pathetic how the balance of the game is surrounded and being lead by a cash shop. And the fact that all the zoomers have "don't like it, don't buy it" mentality, it triggers me to the next level, cuz you know damn well other developers are seeing the success, and would want to introduce this cancer into the games i care about. God damn this company is so pathetic.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46546 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

They do this shit every time. Original warzone had a skin like that as well. But they usually stick to guns. They introduce a brand new op as fk weapon on their mtx store, everyone will buy it to get the edge, and like a month later, it gets nerfed AND a new op broken bs is introduced instantly, and the only way to get it is to pay $$$. Its absolutely pathetic how the balance of the game is surrounded and being lead by a cash shop. And the fact that all the zoomers have "don't like it, don't buy it" mentality, it triggers me to the next level, cuz you know damn well other developers are seeing the success, and would want to introduce this cancer into the games i care about. God damn this company is so pathetic.

We should realise by now that mobile game tactics have seeped deeply into our $70 AAA games, and that these businesses will do anything to treat the ones spending $70 on games like peasants, and the ones that have unlimited spending issues like kings.

It wasn't a one-and-done type situation, it's their entire business strategy.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

What i meant to say is that Diablo Immortal early impressions were ALL very positive. But then look at the game on release day.

Here is my predition. The game will launch with mtx, but not an outrageous amount of them. It is to give you an illusion of "Blizzard finally got it this time around". They will get good reviews that aren't gonna destroy them for mtx, and players reception, generally speaking, is gonna be good. Then, about a month after, they introduce what this game is really gonna be, a god damn store with a Diablo skin. Reviews won't be lowering their scores, people bitchin won't change anything because sales will always be there, and addicted people won't leave because of extreme push of mtx's.

Be ready for the butt drilling.

God I hope not. It's the only thing with Activisions name on it I still give a shit about.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59260 Posts

If reading this right, it's a model like Path Of Exile, except you pay £60+?

lol

The thing is, probably work, because the consumer is an absolute dunce. And others will follow because if a shitty thing works, lets do it and do it now.

Gaming now, sucks.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10639 Posts

This may be surprising to some/many here, but Diablo 3 was my official 1st Diablo game that I ever played, and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. I played through the story multiple times and found the local and online co-op very entertaining. If they’re only going to put cosmetics on this “microtransaction“ plan, then I’m cool with it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34731 Posts
@ermacness said:

This may be surprising to some/many here, but Diablo 3 was my official 1st Diablo game that I ever played, and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. I played through the story multiple times and found the local and online co-op very entertaining. If they’re only going to put cosmetics on this “microtransaction“ plan, then I’m cool with it.

Not surprising at all. Diablo 3 was many people's first Diablo. If you've never played Diablo before, you didn't know what to expect and was probably pleasantly surprised by the not entirely shit gameplay. That's most likely why there's many people who calls it good, even though it's crap compared to Diablo 1 and 2. They simply didn't know what Diablo was supposed to be.

At least it wasn't a 3/10 game like Lost Ark, another game some people called good for some seriously fucked up reason. Those people should be banned from videogames for life.

@uninspiredcup said:

If reading this right, it's a model like Path Of Exile, except you pay £60+?

lol

The thing is, probably work, because the consumer is an absolute dunce. And others will follow because if a shitty thing works, lets do it and do it now.

Gaming now, sucks.

They sold one character for 15 bucks in Diablo 3 (and still do), so expect the worst for D4.

I find the pricing of digital content entirely fucked up. If one character class is worth 15 bucks, shouldn't the base game which included 5 classes then be at least 75 bucks? Then you have all the other aspects of the game, like enemies, textures, quests and all that jazz. Shouldn't all that then be worth more than a measly 5 classes? So according to developers and the prices they put on extra digital content, games should cost around 3000 dollars.

Why can't gamers just think like that, and refuse to pay retarded prices? I don't know, but I think gamers might be fucking stupid.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

Mind blowing how 20+ years ago, whenever a new Blizzard game was about to be released, everyone was so hyped and you knew it was most likely a ground breaking game ... Oh boy, how the mighty have fallen.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59260 Posts
@madsnakehhh said:

Mind blowing how 20+ years ago, whenever a new Blizzard game was about to be released, everyone was so hyped and you knew it was most likely a ground breaking game ... Oh boy, how the mighty have fallen.

Still gonna sell by the shit-ton regardless, and they know it.

Half the goobers decrying them (similar to Bethesda) will buy it day 1.

Sick of the line "it's only" as well, basically just means they've normalized shitty practices and they no longer question it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58459 Posts

It looks like a great game actually, but yeah...studio has some issues.

Just hope the microtransactions aren't too bad.