BFV single player campaign will feature every minority but no Americans or Soviets

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#201 Edited by cainetao11 (35700 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

@cainetao11: Really? So you put Mother Teressa and Hitler on equal footing? Yes it's an extreme circumstance but some humans are better then others and it's your job to figure that out. Im sorry but a mindless drone is worse as a person. Liberals have a hard time forming their own opinions. I think anyone who wants to silence you and simply not hear what you have to say is an imbecile and that goes for both sides.

But realistically it happens far more on the left. I can even link studies that show those on the left are far less open to ideals they disagree with.

Better at what?

So what are you suggesting about Mother Theresa? That going to Calcutta and bringing Catholicism was what those people needed? Why? They're dirt poor and over populated. The only real answer to these issues is empowerment of women. Let them decide when and if they wish to reproduce, employ them in fields that they can perform equally and pay them thusly.

Instead you bring up a Catholic church Icon that preached AGAINST birth control so the population there just kept soring with no means of feeding, housing the people. Excuse me, but I am not blown away by that.

Knock yourself out with your links buddy. The bottom line is the top % have a field day with this shit. Separating people by Red and Blue while they fvck everyone. "Divide and conquer". I don't subscribe to either side anymore. A liberal will tell me it happens more on the right and link me to APA studies to support them. You're all the same.

And no human is superior to another. Theresa became decaying organic matter same as Hitler.

Avatar image for ocinom
#202 Posted by ocinom (956 posts) -

Chill people. It's alternate reality WW2, nothing wrong with that. It's a dimension where leftist snowflakes rule the world with stupid logic.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#203 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2358 posts) -

@cainetao11: So after talking to someone you hold the same stock In their opinion just because their all human? Is that the point?

Regardless for me I don't hate diversity. I just hate relentless pandering. And its amazing to me one side doesn't see the difference.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#204 Posted by cainetao11 (35700 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

@cainetao11: So after talking to someone you hold the same stock In their opinion just because their all human? Is that the point?

Regardless for me I don't hate diversity. I just hate relentless pandering. And its amazing to me one side doesn't see the difference.

Opinions LMAO they mean jack and shit, and jack left town. Actions are something that a court of law in a society can judge. And Hitler killed himself to avoid it but many Nazi's got judged in Nuremberg.

The Catholic church and Pope Benedict claiming "AIDS is bad but condoms are worse" has never been brought up for making ignorant people believe in fairy tales and condemning them to death by AIDS as a result. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/mar/17/pope-africa-condoms-aids

You hate pandering LOL you hate people that have a different ideology than you getting what they want. Which makes you a cry baby about that. Hate is a waste of life energy. Good luck with that.

Avatar image for Telekill
#205 Posted by Telekill (8151 posts) -

I'm ok with this as I'm not buying the game and don't care what happens. Frankly, I think these militaristic FPS games need a break. Take about 5-10 years and then circle back. Maybe the companies can come up with new ideas.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#206 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2358 posts) -

@cainetao11: It has nothing to do with hating people actually.

Avatar image for zaryia
#207 Edited by Zaryia (6733 posts) -

Lmao this Incel Thread.

Oh no, girls, cooties!

@ocinom said:

Chill people. It's alternate reality WW2, nothing wrong with that. It's a dimension where leftist snowflakes rule the world with stupid logic.

Are you triggered? You sound triggered.

Avatar image for tryit
#208 Edited by TryIt (12973 posts) -

@zaryia said:

Lmao this Incel Thread.

Oh no, girls, cooties!

@ocinom said:

Chill people. It's alternate reality WW2, nothing wrong with that. It's a dimension where leftist snowflakes rule the world with stupid logic.

Are you triggered? You sound triggered.

and I still would like to understand why having a female lead in a alternative universe would be considered 'leftist snowflakes'.

or maybe they think 'alternative fictional universes' is a 'leftist snowflake'

The so called 'political position' in question is clearly 'should females have lead roles' that is the position. The right says now, 'leftist snowflakes' say 'sure why not'

and when they say 'its not that, its the 'in your face' part'

what exactly...'in you face'? 'in your face that women can be leads? is that the 'in your face'? what is the position that left is putting 'in their face'?

Avatar image for zaryia
#209 Posted by Zaryia (6733 posts) -
@ivangrozny said:

But there will be no campaigns for major WW2 protagonists such as Soviets and Americans.

Wait, you don't get to play as an American?

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#210 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (24557 posts) -

I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone who read WW2 history knows there are many small-scale actions that took place involving mainly locals (including women): Tito's guerillas, Norweigan and French partisans, the Eastern Front (Soviet snipers, even women fighter pilot aces).

If I was to grumble, how come there are no stories about Philippine or Chinese guerillas versus Imperial Japanese scum?

Avatar image for cainetao11
#211 Posted by cainetao11 (35700 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone who read WW2 history knows there are many small-scale actions that took place involving mainly locals (including women): Tito's guerillas, Norweigan and French partisans, the Eastern Front (Soviet snipers, even women fighter pilot aces).

If I was to grumble, how come there are no stories about Philippine or Chinese guerillas versus Imperial Japanese scum?

Well said. And how many WW2 games are there with Soviet and US campaigns? Is it a sin to not go with that for one?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#212 Edited by lundy86_4 (50941 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone who read WW2 history knows there are many small-scale actions that took place involving mainly locals (including women): Tito's guerillas, Norweigan and French partisans, the Eastern Front (Soviet snipers, even women fighter pilot aces).

If I was to grumble, how come there are no stories about Philippine or Chinese guerillas versus Imperial Japanese scum?

Well said. And how many WW2 games are there with Soviet and US campaigns? Is it a sin to not go with that for one?

Agreed. Both are hugely interesting viewpoints... US fought heavily with Japan after Pearl Harbour, and were absolute in bringing Japan to surrender (loved Hacksaw Ridge's rendition of an iconic tale.) The Soviets fought the Eastern front heavily once Hitler invaded.

Never let my Polish friends ever see I complimented Soviet Russia. My good friend's mum was sat at a call-switching station and had Soviet soldiers escort her out... His mum and dad escaped and ended up in Canada. Let's just say his love for Russians isn't all that much lol.

Avatar image for ocinom
#213 Posted by ocinom (956 posts) -
@zaryia said:

Lmao this Incel Thread.

Oh no, girls, cooties!

@ocinom said:

Chill people. It's alternate reality WW2, nothing wrong with that. It's a dimension where leftist snowflakes rule the world with stupid logic.

Are you triggered? You sound triggered.

Triggered for what? This game is a fictional WW2 so everything is ok.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#214 Edited by lundy86_4 (50941 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I'm ok with this as I'm not buying the game and don't care what happens. Frankly, I think these militaristic FPS games need a break. Take about 5-10 years and then circle back. Maybe the companies can come up with new ideas.

It's why i've always preferred modern/futuristic fictional FPS games. Enjoyed the ever-loving shit out of the Bad Company series back in the day. Now, that series needs to come back.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#215 Posted by lundy86_4 (50941 posts) -

@Jag85: Yup. I'm too heavily jaded by the old SW, where you had to select your wording very carefully, and not post in threads that should be locked :P

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#216 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (24557 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

Agreed. Both are hugely interesting viewpoints... US fought heavily with Japan after Pearl Harbour, and were absolute in bringing Japan to surrender (loved Hacksaw Ridge's rendition of an iconic tale.) The Soviets fought the Eastern front heavily once Hitler invaded.

Never let my Polish friends ever see I complimented Soviet Russia. My good friend's mum was sat at a call-switching station and had Soviet soldiers escort her out... His mum and dad escaped and ended up in Canada. Let's just say his love for Russians isn't all that much lol.

I forgot about the Warsaw Uprising. The Soviets knew how to play it smart which ended in tragedy for the Polish partisans.

Avatar image for Willy105
#217 Edited by Willy105 (24782 posts) -

Holy snot what has this forum become!?!

No, it's not alternate reality WW2, it's underrepresented WW2, just like what BF1's campaign did with WW1. All your favorite WW2 battles still took place off-screen, in any of the billion videogames about the time period in the past 20 years.

As for multiplayer, it's a Battlefield game, so it's a sandbox game with all your favorite WW2 toys, just like past Battlefield games. They let you use a prosthetic and war paint? Did it exist at the time? Yes? Put it in, it's Battlefield!

DICE's focus in the campaign should be celebrated, not criticized for not doing the same old thing over and over again. The campaign will still suck because DICE fundamentally misunderstands how to translate Battlefield into single player, but it won't be cause of it's subject matter.

Avatar image for unrealgunner
#218 Posted by UnrealGunner (1006 posts) -

I don't know why you guys are getting involved with all this political crap, it's a video game and should be judged on how good or bad the gameplay is

Avatar image for zaryia
#219 Edited by Zaryia (6733 posts) -
@unrealgunner said:

I don't know why you guys are getting involved with all this political crap, it's a video game and should be judged on how good or bad the gameplay is

Yup, the both "sides" have their snow flakes now.

SJWs get mad and cry at big boobs and skimpy clothes. But it's more about cash (sex sells) than about sexism.

Incels/alt-right get mad and cry when they see a non-white or woman as a focus/lead. But it's about cash (women/minority sales) than about SJW culture.

I guess both sides hate capitalism and the free market. If it makes you so upset and triggered, don't play the games.

Both are stupid, and the behavior has been exacerbated in this extremely tribal climate. One which Russia helped foster (which has been confirmed by the CIA, FBI,DHS, NSA, and DOJ), making both sides just unwitting pawns. Useful idiots.

Avatar image for devurse
#220 Edited by devurse (1 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: when you're so mad you attempt to involve politics in everything LMAOOO, what is it with you liberals and getting so emotional, its a game LOL

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#221 Posted by uninspiredcup (29265 posts) -

@devurse said:

@uninspiredcup: when you're so mad you attempt to involve politics in everything LMAOOO, what is it with you liberals and getting so emotional, its a game LOL

Says the person who specifically registered to reply to me.

Avatar image for recloud
#222 Posted by ReCloud (4423 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

Nice, we have billions of games telling about American or Soviet front, its nice to play on minority side.

That said, passing this game.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#223 Edited by ronvalencia (26541 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

The German campaign will no doubt be a Trump voter in disguise. Much like Wolfenstiens 2 subtle as a brick modern America portraying them as enjoying beheading with a smile.

Disgusting propaganda.

Russians are very hard, I've seen footage of one splitting an apple with one hand, and would rather that was the whole campaign. Even their woman were hard but they got ignored in favor of tumblr.

Master race ideology is not limited to "white" far right. Any ideology that fails race neutrality test is racist.

Imperial Japan has Yamato race ideology which is a racist ideology against mostly Han Chinese and other East/south east Asians.

Avatar image for AdobeArtist
#224 Posted by AdobeArtist (25027 posts) -

Near 2 month old bump.

WWII is history, and so is this thread.