BFV single player campaign will feature every minority but no Americans or Soviets

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Pretty sure you just made that up. Regardless, the game isn't officially release so there's no way to know one way or the other if there will be disclaimers in game or not.

I made that up? LOL. Wolftenstein, Assassin Creed, all semi fictional tv shows do that, South Park, etc etc. They do that to avoid lawsuits.*

*citation needed.

South Park's disclaimer is a fake satirical disclaimer. I don't know if you actually have watched the show or not but it's simply a running gag. The South Park movie does not use the disclaimer.

Hows about this, if you can show proof that BFV must by-law include a disclaimer, and won't include any disclaimers in it's launch version, I will concede that you are in fact not a bigot. Fair?

Wait, did you just classified me as a bigot, meanwhile i was advocating all the way for including real Russian female heros instead of fictional Norwegian ones😳 Wow. Just wow.

oh shit here we go with the snowflakes ranting about being called a names.

#102 Posted by Vaasman (13296 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

*citation needed.

South Park's disclaimer is a fake satirical disclaimer. I don't know if you actually have watched the show or not but it's simply a running gag. The South Park movie does not use the disclaimer.

Hows about this, if you can show proof that BFV must by-law include a disclaimer, and won't include any disclaimers in it's launch version, I will concede that you are in fact not a bigot. Fair?

Wait, did you just classified me as a bigot, meanwhile i was advocating all the way for including real Russian female heros instead of fictional Norwegian ones😳 Wow. Just wow.

Well that depends, can you provide any evidence for your claims of a legally mandated disclaimer, or can't you?

#103 Posted by with_teeth26 (9104 posts) -

the campaign will be boring and terrible anyways so I have a hard time caring too much

#104 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:

I made that up? LOL. Wolftenstein, Assassin Creed, all semi fictional tv shows do that, South Park, etc etc. They do that to avoid lawsuits.*

*citation needed.

I am accustomed to that, we Russians are discriminated for our Soviet past, villified, called names, and all good deed ignored since Hollywood was invented. Our WW2 war effort unrecognized and spurned upon, to the point, that developers would rather honor a German ally such as Norwegia than telling a Russian story for once.πŸ˜”

#105 Posted by Vaasman (13296 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:

I am accustomed to that, we Russians are discriminated for our Soviet past, villified, called names, and all good deed ignored since Hollywood was invented. Our WW2 war effort unrecognized and spurned upon, to the point, when developer would rather honor a German ally such as Norwegia than tell a Russian story once.πŸ˜”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_at_the_Gates

#106 Posted by Mandzilla (2110 posts) -

@ivangrozny: Norway wasn't an ally, but rather an occupied nation with a puppet government installed. If anything, Russia was more of a German ally when they were invading Poland together.

#107 Posted by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:

I am accustomed to that, we Russians are discriminated for our Soviet past, villified, called names, and all good deed ignored since Hollywood was invented. Our WW2 war effort unrecognized and spurned upon, to the point, when developer would rather honor a German ally such as Norwegia than tell a Russian story once.πŸ˜”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_at_the_Gates

Oh wow you made a movie once ten years ago. How about including a Russian war story into BF?

#108 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:

*citation needed.

I am accustomed to that, we Russians are discriminated for our Soviet past, villified, called names, and all good deed ignored since Hollywood was invented. Our WW2 war effort unrecognized and spurned upon, to the point, that developers would rather honor a German ally such as Norwegia than telling a Russian story for once.πŸ˜”

I dont believe you are Russian but you are right, Russians (by the American perspective) are shafted for sure.

and given your concern about such historical accuracies you have pretty much 100% of all WW2 games to complain about, not just this one

#109 Posted by Vaasman (13296 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:

Oh wow you made a movie once ten years ago. How about including a Russian war story into BF?

Simply one example, but I can see that that's not really what matters here. What's really got you butthurt they didn't choose your race and nationality to be represented even though that's been done in several games before.

Still waiting on that evidence btw.

#110 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@ivangrozny: Norway wasn't an ally, but rather an occupied nation with a puppet government installed. If anything, Russia was more of a German ally when they were invading Poland together.

Well, Norwegian resistance apparently was not doing enough to overthrow German occupation by themselves. Do not forget, in the end, it was Soviet troops who liberated Norwegia πŸ˜‰ Next time, they should fight harder.

Ps. Funny thing, Norwegia's English wikipedia doesn't even mention this fact.

#111 Edited by judaspete (2635 posts) -

How can you make a WW2 game without Americans? Don't you people understand that the entire world revolves around America!?

#112 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:

Simply one example, but I can see that that's not really what matters here. What's really got you butthurt they didn't choose your race and nationality to be represented even though that's been done in several games before.

Wow, did you just shame me for wanting my race/nationality to be represented in a game about a war, where we suffered 20M losses and were on verge of extinction, but in the end we liberated half of Europe? Yeah, so bratty and spoilt meπŸ™„

#113 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@judaspete said:

How can you make a WW2 game without Americans? Don't you people understand that the entire world revolves around America!?

he who comes in at the last moment wins the war I think are the rules

#114 Posted by Mandzilla (2110 posts) -

@ivangrozny: What could a country of Norway's size realistically do to overthrow the German occupation? They were just one of many small countries which wanted nothing to do with war, but were invaded anyway.

Similarly, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania were unable to resist the Soviet Union invasion, and were occupied for 50 years after WW2. Likewise, Finland and Poland's neutrality didn't mean anything to Stalin.

I'm not downplaying the regular Russian men and women's sacrifice to end the war, but don't make this out to be some black and white good vs evil sacred war. It was far from it.

#115 Edited by Vaasman (13296 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Wow, did you just shame me for wanting my race/nationality to be represented in a game about a war, where we suffered 20M losses and were on verge of extinction, but in the end we liberated half of Europe? Yeah, so bratty and spoilt meπŸ™„

It's cute that you're trying to spin this to be about heroic Russian achievements instead of gross xenophobia but if you think anyone is buying it for a second you're sorely mistaken. Tens if not hundreds of games already have what you're looking for, the fact that one game deciding not to has got you this upset is beyond telling.

#116 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@ivangrozny: What could a country of Norway's size realistically do to overthrow the German occupation? They were just one of many small countries which wanted nothing to do with war, but were invaded anyway.

Similarly, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania were unable to resist the Soviet Union invasion, and were occupied for 50 years after WW2. Likewise, Finland and Poland's neutrality didn't mean anything to Stalin.

I'm not downplaying the regular Russian men and women's sacrifice to end the war, but don't make this out to be some black and white good vs evil sacred war. It was far from it.

But i am ok with fair representation as long as it's fair. But technically Norway didn't surrender until Germany official surrender in May of 1945. So basically Norway was with Germany till the end. Finland at least had decency to turn around and declare war on Germany by the end of the war. But Norwelay was liberated by Soviets in the end. So I don't understand why Dice pick Norway for their SP and exclude Soviets who did all the heavy lifting in the end.

#117 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@mandzilla said:

But i am ok with fair representation as long as it's fair. But technically Norway didn't surrender until Germany official surrender in May of 1945. So basically Norway was with Germany till the end. Finland at least had decency to turn around and declare war on Germany by the end of the war. But Norwelay was liberated by Soviets in the end. So I don't understand why Dice pick Norway for their SP and exclude Soviets who did all the heavy lifting in the end.

so you have an issue with every single WW2 video game ever made?

#118 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

It's cute that you're trying to spin this to be about heroic Russian achievements instead of gross xenophobia but if you think anyone is buying it for a second you're sorely mistaken. Tens if not hundreds of games already have what you're looking for, the fact that one game deciding not to has got you this upset is beyond telling.

Xenophobia is a hatred of foreigners. I don't hate foreigners lol. I just hate discrimination against my people such as excluding them from games about historical events where they played pivotal roles. Because if we talk about equal representation, then excluding Russians because of today's political bias is an act of racism against us. And no, there was no recent games that depicted eastern front since World at War, except some indie strategy games that nobody heard of.

#119 Posted by Mandzilla (2110 posts) -

@ivangrozny: Norway didn't surrender when the Germans surrendered, they were liberated once Germany made peace. It wasn't an axis country. That's like saying Belgium didn't surrender in WW1 until Imperial Germany was defeated. They were occupied, not allies to the invading power.

Also, Finland's Lapland war against Germany was demanded by the Soviets under the threat of further invasion. Even then it was only half heartily fought.

Anyway, I guess Dice just felt like exploring some of the under represented stories of WW2 to make their game stand out from the crowd from others which predominantly tend to cover the same campaigns of the war.

#120 Edited by Jag85 (12408 posts) -
@ivangrozny said:

BFV single player campaign will be built around small war stories again like in BF1

There will be a Norwegian resistance campaign with female protagonists, with elements of gay love story.

There will be a British air force campaign with white male protagonists.

There will be Algerian campaign narrative with all black protagonists.

There will be even a German campaign, for god sake, so today's Germans don't get too offended.

But there will be no campaigns for major WW2 protagonists such as Soviets and Americans.

World War II is called World War II for a reason. It was a war waging across large parts of the world, including Europe, the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.

The Algerian campaign involved a mixture of white, black, Arab and Berber troops.

There were no "protagonists" of WW2. It was a war, not a video game.

Germany is the world's fifth largest game market. It's just good business to create content that caters to a large market.

There are loads of WW2 games with Americans. It's more interesting to see stories from around the world than the same old "America **** yeah" bullshit.

#121 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@mandzilla said:

Naaah, i am not that snowflake. I am accustomed to Western bias when it comes down to representing Russians in WW2. Even that depiction is better than no depiction at all though, than playing amnesia "Russians? Who are they? There were Russians?"πŸ˜‚

I know what you are saying. Western representation was always one sided. It's always about how miserable we were in Soviet Union, and how better off you were in your Capitalistic paradisesπŸ˜‚

And when it comes down to WW2, the West always represented Russians as crying for their moms, not wanting to fight Germans, but evil commissars would shoot them in the back if they try to flee the battlefield. And after the hardwon victory, an American would get a bottle of coke, bublegum and a girl, and Russian gets sent to Gulag πŸ˜‚ after all his effort, where he will get all his teeth knocked out by KGB. Though they will replace all your missing teeth with iron ones for free so you would look badass afterwards if you get out from Gulag.

#122 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@mandzilla said:

Naaah, i am not that snowflake. I am accustomed to Western bias when it comes down to representing Russians in WW2. Even that depiction is better than no depiction at all though, than playing amnesia "Russians? Who are they? There were Russians?"πŸ˜‚

I know what you are saying. Western representation was always one sided. It's always about how miserable we were in Soviet Union, and how better off you were in your Capitalistic paradisesπŸ˜‚

And when it comes down to WW2, the West always represented Russians as crying for their moms, not wanting to fight Germans, but evil commissars would shoot them in the back if they try to flee the battlefield. And after the hardwon victory, an American would get a bottle of coke, bublegum and a girl, and Russian gets sent to Gulag πŸ˜‚ after all his effort, where he will get all his teeth knocked out by KGB.

so hypocrite instead?

you want accurate showing of Russians in this WW2 video game but inaccuracy in other WW2 games is just fine

#123 Posted by Vaasman (13296 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Xenophobia is a hatred of foreigners. I don't hate foreigners. I just hate discrimination against my people such as excluding them from games about historical events where they played pivotal roles. Because if we talk about equal representation, then excluding Russians because of today's political bias is an act of racism against us. And no, there was no recent games that depicted eastern from since World at War, except some indie strategy games that nobody heard of.

But Russia didn't play a Pivotal role in the areas where the game showing. They were a significant force in the war as a whole, but WW2 has many fronts and areas of conflict. BFV is giving a fictional representation of stories that haven't necessarily been told about an era of history.

Also Company of Heroes has a Russian campaign in 2013, so you're wrong yet again. And that's just off the top of my head.

But either way, maybe you should consider that there simply isn't much market for WW2 games with a generic American/Russian campaign structure anymore. It was played out for many years and oversaturated.

#124 Posted by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@mandzilla said:

And when it comes down to WW2, the West always represented Russians as crying for their moms, not wanting to fight Germans, but evil commissars would shoot them in the back if they try to flee the battlefield. And after the hardwon victory, an American would get a bottle of coke, bublegum and a girl, and Russian gets sent to Gulag πŸ˜‚ after all his effort, where he will get all his teeth knocked out by KGB.

so hypocrite instead?

you want accurate showing of Russians in this WW2 video game but inaccuracy in other WW2 games is just fine

Well i always advocated for accurate representation, but hell wanting and getting is not the same thing. So i will have to do with shaming you every time a new game is released about WW2 😁

#125 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:

so hypocrite instead?

Well i always advocated for accurate representation, but hell wanting and getting is not the same thing. So i will have to do with shaming you every time a new game is released about WW2 😁

get your story straight bro..here let me help you

every single WW2 video game EVER MADE does a shitty job of representing Russians contribution to the war, why do you have a hard on of JUST this on specifically?

because you have said you dont, then you said you do.

#126 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

so hypocrite instead?

every single WW2 video game EVER MADE does a shitty job of representing Russians contribution to the war, why do you have a hard on of JUST this on specifically?

Because i am a big fan of history. Not just WW2, but history in general. So every new WW2 game i have my hopes high, and always they break my hopes, and then i go ballistic in the forums. And i am also a big BF fan, but this will be the first BF i won't be getting at launch, unless they release Eastern Front as a dlc.

#127 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:

so hypocrite instead?

Because i am a big fan of history. Not just WW2, but history in general. So every new WW2 game i have my hopes high, and alway they break my hopes, and then i go ballistic in the forums. And i am also a big BF fan, but this will be the first BF i won't be getting at launch, unless they release Eastern Front as a dlc.

let me ask it different

every single WW2 video game EVER MADE does a shitty job of representing Russians contribution to the war, why do you have a hard on of JUST this one specifically and not the others?

#128 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

Because i am a big fan of history. Not just WW2, but history in general. So every new WW2 game i have my hopes high, and alway they break my hopes, and then i go ballistic in the forums. And i am also a big BF fan, but this will be the first BF i won't be getting at launch, unless they release Eastern Front as a dlc.

let me ask it different

every single WW2 video game EVER MADE does a shitty job of representing Russians contribution to the war, why do you have a hard on of JUST this one specifically and not the others?

Because i am a BF fan. I loved BF1942. Because they added a decent Russian dlc in BF1 as a dlc, though Russia lost WW1, but still it was a cool gesure and all . So i had my hopes high they would add Russians in BF WW2. But in the end, they didn't add us at all.

#129 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

let me ask it different

Because i am a BF fan. I loved BF1942. Because they added a decent Russian dlc in BF1 as a dlc. So i had my hopes high they would add Russians in BF WW2. But in the end, they didn't add us at all.

that doesnt anwer my question it ignores my question

ALL BF games do a horrible job of being historically accurate about Russians, all BF games, including BF1942

#130 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

let me ask it different

Because i am a BF fan. I loved BF1942. Because they added a decent Russian dlc in BF1 as a dlc. So i had my hopes high they would add Russians in BF WW2. But in the end, they didn't add us at all.

ALL BF games do a horrible job of being historically accurate about Russians, all BF games, including BF1942

BF 1942 looked fine to me as it didn't have SP. Multiplayer was top notch though.

Cod2 had a decent Russian campaign imo. Not too patronizing.

World at War was actually decent too, except for a few cheesy moments. But Rezniv character was pretty cool.

Once again, we are not that snowflake to get offended over cheesy and stereotypical stuff. If you implying something, stop kicking the bush, just say it. I am not a mindreader.

#131 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:

let me ask it different

BF 1942 looked fine to me as it didn't have SP. Multiplayer was top notch though.

Cod2 had a decent Russian campaign imo. Not too patronizing.

BF1942 did not have a good representation of Russians contribution to WW2, regardless of SP or MP.

Nor to C0D2. having a 'Russian campaign' hardly accurately represents their contribution to WW2. that is pure bullshit, the war would absolutely positively not been won if it was not for Russia. Historically speaking it takes a lot to over represent their contribution and a 'Russian campaign' aint going to measure up to that

#132 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit: well hardware back then was not powerful enough to do justice to the battles of eastern front. Like Battle of Kursk that changed the tide of war, the biggest battle in human history, around 3M people engaged and some 8000 tanks. But todays hardware is capable enough to reflect some portion of that scale. But today SJW agenda and current political crysis prevents casual Westerners from learning new exciting aspects of WW2 history they didn't know. I blame current political situations plus SJW who staff development projects with their interests. And usually their interests are boring as fook, no offense. So instead of Battle of Kursk we will get Norwegian girls exploring their sexuality during WW2 (just kidding)

#133 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:

@tryit: wel hardware back then was not powerful enough to do justice to the battles of eastern front. ...

I stopped right there, this is all bullshit.

I dont believe any of what you are saying frankly I think you just making up reasons.

and by the way, I can tell you are smart, you should use that greenery in better ways, it would make your life better

#134 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit: No offense, but what reasons you expected from me?

#135 Posted by Sevenizz (2208 posts) -

This marks the first Battlefield game I pass on. And I even bought Hardline at launch.

#136 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:

@tryit: No offense, but what reasons you expected from me?

that you are part of some right wing agenda to trash games with 'alternative' leads either by your own focus or by paid efforts from Putin to cause disruption in the country.

That is more believable to me then this nonsense you are peddling.

#137 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit: Are you fooking kidding me ? Dude that's some McCarthist paranoia. Jesus christ. You went full racist right there. The shit i was talking about from the start. Putin's agenda? My god. I live in Canada dude. I have nothing against gays, women, lgbt, etc. I actually support them. But... their SJW are boring as fook. It's not my fault. I just want my Russian weapons, tanks, pew pew pew stuff. That shit is interesting for me. Putin or not, SJW content in games is just boring. Just making something lgbt doesnt make it automatically fun and interesting. It's like if someone approaches me at a party and starts conversation with I am vegan. Cool bro, and I walk away. The same thing with videogames. Choosing between Battle of Kursk and norwegian girls war story, i will chose Battle of Kursk, because it's so much interesting and epic and pew pew pew. That's the truth. Most us conservative we don't hate liberals, we just find you boring as fook, your stories uninteresting. So if Dice goes to me and says, hey we won't include norwegian girls into the game, i will say, ''Hey no problem. Just do not remove Eastern front, k?''. But then Dice goes, ''But all budget went to Norwegian girls story, so we removed Eastern front stuff''. So then i have a problem.

#138 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:

@tryit: Are you fooking kidding me ? Dude that's some McCarthist paranoia. Jesus christ. You went full racist right there.

lol....something you do not know about me, something that makes your comment transparent to me.

I AM a racist. I know that about myself. I know that most people are racist, I know that most people are not aware that they are racist, I know that being called a racist is meaningless, its what you DO with your racist tendencies that matter.

so trying to sneak in 'your a racist' is kind funny.

oh and Russian is not a race, in fact for the most part there is no such thing as race so if I gave a shit about being called a racist I would ask you to explain why you think me thinking you might be working for Russia is somehow racist, or how exactly me thinking you have an agenda about alterative lifestyles is somehow 'racist'

but I dont care because I know you said that to try to get a rise out of me :) and it did, just not for the reasons you think.

so please dispense of the tactics, I know them I see them

#139 Posted by mobius_basic (547 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

@tryit: Are you fooking kidding me ? Dude that's some McCarthist paranoia. Jesus christ. You went full racist right there.

lol....something you do not know about me, something that makes your comment transparent to me.

I AM a racist. I know that about myself. I know that most people are racist, I know that most people are not aware that they are racist, I know that being called a racist is meaningless, its what you DO with your racist tendencies that matter.

oh and Russian is not a race, in fact for the most part there is no such thing as race so if I gave a shit about being called a racist I would ask you to explain why you think me thinking you might be working for Russia is somehow racist, or how exactly me thinking you have an agenda about alterative lifestyles is somehow 'racist'

but I dont care because I know you said that to try to get a rise out of me :) and it did, just not for the reasons you think

Oh wow mighty one....do tell more.

#140 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@mobius_basic said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

but I dont care because I know you said that to try to get a rise out of me :) and it did, just not for the reasons you think

Oh wow mighty one....do tell more.

I think that is about it really

other than from a science stand point 'race' does not really exist but from a socially accepted meaning of the word yeah I am racist and so is the vast majority of people of which are not aware of it.

its what you DO with your racism that matters, so cons just trying to throw around the racist card is funny and very snowflakey

#141 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit: i am not calling you racist. Just saying stuff like that IS racist. Like saying all chinese look alike, or all Russians work for Putin and undermine Western world. That's paranoia, xenophobia and racism, because Russian is actually an ethnicity. So if you judge people by their ethnicity then you are technically being racist. Anyway, i am trying to not get anything from you, i just asked for a Russian campaign from a WW2 game. I feel that my ethnicity has ben shunned and under represented for decades from Western media, so my expectations and demands ARE reasonable.

#142 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:

@tryit: i am not calling you racist. Justbsaying stuff like that IS racist. Like saying all chinese look alike, or all Russians work for Putin and undermine Western world. That's paranoia, xenophobia and racism, because Russian is actually an ethnicity. So if you judge people by their ethnicity then are technically being racist. Anyway, i am not getting anything from you, i am just asked for Russian campaign from a WW2 game. I feel that my ethnicity has ben shunned and under represented for decades from Western media, so my expectations and demands ARE reasonable.

but I AM A racist.

well anyway, now you know, I am racist.

but I dont think my racism or (saying things that are racist) has anything to do with me thinking you really are upset about gender roles in a video game or maybe working with Russia it racist but whatever makes you happy bro.

you are saying that if i think you are working for any country on the planet that saying that sounds racist.

if I say you are working with the U.S. goverment..that sounds racist to you?

#143 Posted by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

@tryit: i am not calling you racist. Justbsaying stuff like that IS racist. Like saying all chinese look alike, or all Russians work for Putin and undermine Western world. That's paranoia, xenophobia and racism, because Russian is actually an ethnicity. So if you judge people by their ethnicity then are technically being racist. Anyway, i am not getting anything from you, i am just asked for Russian campaign from a WW2 game. I feel that my ethnicity has ben shunned and under represented for decades from Western media, so my expectations and demands ARE reasonable.

but I AM A racist.

but I dont think my racism or (saying things that are racist) has anything to do with me thinking you really are upset about gender roles in a video game or maybe working with Russia it racist but whatever makes you happy bro.

you are saying that if i think you are working for any country on the planet that saying that sounds racist.

Cool bro. As a tolerant and liberal conservative, i still accept you. I don't judge. πŸ˜‚

#144 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

but I AM A racist.

Cool bro. As a tolerant and liberal conservative, i still accept you. I don't judge. πŸ˜‚

well that is a character flaw on your part.

you should always judge, its a good thing

but that said..what the F is a 'liberal conservative'? is that code word for saying 'unable to commit to anything and afraid of taking a stance?'

#145 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

but I AM A racist.

but that said..what the F is a 'liberal conservative'? is that code word for saying 'unable to commit to anything and afraid of taking a stance?'

Only siths deal in absolutes 😌 ....and leftists

There must be balance in the force.

#146 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

but I AM A racist.

Only siths talk in absolutes 😌

which of course is not related to being able to judge.

not being judgmental can be and most likely would be deadly. Being able to make judgements as a human being is one of the skills that keeps you alive.

that aside,

what is a 'liberal conservative'?

#147 Posted by bussinrounds (3042 posts) -

Even without all the forced SJW cringe, campaigns suck in these games anyways, so who cares.

Overly scripted and linear 5 hour emotional hollywood bullshit.

#148 Posted by Mandzilla (2110 posts) -

@bussinrounds: Now this I agree with. That said, the Bad Company story was pretty good.

#149 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@bussinrounds said:

Even without all the forced SJW cringe, campaigns suck in these games anyways, so who cares.

I have been asking this for several days now but without an answer

other than the lead being female instead of male and doing everything the male would do, what is SJW specifically in the game that you can point to as an example?

oh and why is having a female lead instead of a male lead a SJW position in the first place?

again..the position is helped TREMENDOUSLY by good examples which I have not seen

#150 Edited by Jag85 (12408 posts) -
@tryit said:
@bussinrounds said:

I have been asking this for several days now but without an answer

other than the lead being female instead of male and doing everything the male would do, what is SJW specifically in the game that you can point to as an example?

oh and why is having a female lead instead of a male lead a SJW position in the first place?

again..the position is helped TREMENDOUSLY by good examples which I have not seen

A decade ago, hardly anyone complained about female protagonists... But nowadays, tons of alt-right snowflakes get triggered at the mere sight of a female protagonist. Sad!