BFV single player campaign will feature every minority but no Americans or Soviets

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Yeah. I just have to shake my head and laugh when I hear some of these people’s “arguments”.

I had no idea so many people were skipping history class and instead playing video games to get all their info.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@DocSanchez said:

@Bread_or_Decide: if you are going to do a game about ww2, you do ww2. You dont fucking invent what you wished ww2 was and do that.

You heard it folks. Never attempt historical fiction. Don't consume or create it, it's not 100% accurate and therefore worthless as a form of media.

Historical fiction? Hahaha you know it's a crime in many country to atribute yourself heroic acts that never took place. It's illegal to pass yourself as a war hero and carry medals that you didn't earn. So overlooking real heroes, and white washing germans and Norwegians, without including other participants, that's some offensive shit, you know. It's disrespectful to other countries that suffered in that war.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@ivangrozny: oh get over yourself - I'm not "buying into some false narrative" or "rewriting history" or "believing the rewritten history I want to believe". I know a shit-ton about WW2 and the place the USSR held in it. I'm not making any claims about this being realistic.

I'm making the claim that there is nothing fucking consequential with their choice of the actors in this game. That's not me saying this is historically accurate. That's me saying it's a false narrative that it's about lesbians and minorities, and it's inconsequential that this work of bullshit mass-consumption fantasy schlock didn't feature the USSR. It's not a history book. You can't throw a rock without hitting WW2 games that include the USSR or that show Germans as bad guys. And, BTW, even though you presumably approve of those games more, most of those are nowhere near historically accurate either. For example, they typically portray the US in some inflated power fantasy, and the USSR is always just a Russian stereotype on the "right side" of that war. It's all sugar-coated for the American consumer.

To your complaint about the Algerian campaign, for example - that's a refreshing setting, in truth, for a WW2 game. Very underrepresented stage, and replacing that with more Russian front stuff would be a boring ass decision.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bread_or_Decide

@tryit said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Vaasman said:
@DocSanchez said:

@Bread_or_Decide: if you are going to do a game about ww2, you do ww2. You dont fucking invent what you wished ww2 was and do that.

You heard it folks. Never attempt historical fiction. Don't consume or create it, it's not 100% accurate and therefore worthless as a form of media.

Yep. It's not its own genre or anything.

I threw Wolfenstein 2 in the trash because it's not historically accurate.

are you joking?

Wolfenstein 2...that game...that one.

you are concerned is not historically accurate? a joke right? i hope so

Yessir, I am exaggerating to show how silly these people are.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@ivangrozny: oh get over yourself - I'm not "buying into some false narrative" or "rewriting history" or "believing the rewritten history I want to believe". I know a shit-ton about WW2 and the place the USSR held in it. I'm not making any claims about this being realistic.

I'm making the claim that there is nothing fucking consequential with their choice of the actors in this game. That's not me saying this is historically accurate. That's me saying it's a false narrative that it's about lesbians and minorities, and it's inconsequential that this work of bullshit mass-consumption fantasy schlock didn't feature the USSR. It's not a history book. You can't throw a rock without hitting WW2 games that include the USSR or that show Germans as bad guys. And, BTW, even though you presumably approve of those games more, most of those are nowhere near historically accurate either. For example, they typically portray the US in some inflated power fantasy, and the USSR is always just a Russian stereotype on the "right side" of that war. It's all sugar-coated for the American consumer.

basically games like Wolfenstein 2 and Battlefield are not PBS mini series about WW2

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@DocSanchez said:

Historical fiction? Hahaha you know it's a crime in many country to atribute yourself heroic acts that never took place. It's illegal to pass yourself as a war hero and carry medals that you didn't earn. So overlooking real heroes, and white washing germans and Norwegians, without including other participants, that's some offensive shit, you know. It's disrespectful to other countries that suffered in that war.

Thanks for sharing but it's not a crime here or in the country Dice operates out of so that's not an argument.

Plus these aren't real people or real stories, no one is claiming real life credit for a heroic act that never happened. It's called FICTION for a reason.

You're basically just outraged that someone dared to tell a story that you don't want to hear, even though they aren't making you listen.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bread_or_Decide

@tryit said:
@xantufrog said:

basically games like Wolfenstein 2 and Battlefield are not PBS mini series about WW2

Video games are the new history class.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bread_or_Decide

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@DocSanchez said:

Thanks for sharing but it's not a crime here or in the country Dice operates out of so that's not an argument.

Plus these aren't real people or real stories, no one is claiming real life credit for a heroic act that never happened.

You're basically just outraged that someone dared to tell a story that you don't want to hear, even though they aren't making you listen.

How dare someone make a thing that doesn't cater to me. Those things shouldn't exist.

Also I better be the face of the hero. Or else.

I'll be outraged on the interlines.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 IvanGrozny

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@tryit said:
@xantufrog said:

This. Video games nowadays replace history classes for kids. They will grow believing in some bullshit stories, meanwhilenthe real heroes will be forgotten.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

Funny thing is, the rest of us have happily accepted 90% of media being the all mighty straight white male heroes.

One thing changes, and they lose their minds.

Meanwhile we've accepted and were ok with the opposite for a very long time.

Such babies.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bread_or_Decide

@ivangrozny said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@tryit said:
@xantufrog said:

This. Video games nowadays replace history classes for kids. They will grow believing in some bullshit stories, meanwhilenthe real heroes will be forgotten.

Um, no, kids should go to SCHOOL.

Video games are for FUN.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TryIt

@ivangrozny said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@tryit said:
@xantufrog said:

no...absolutely no.

no no no just no absolutely no.

and not the right solution..no

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@ivangrozny: the real heroes being Russians, instead of those combatants in Algeria?

You need to be careful where your kids are getting their history lessons - preferably not from BF games, and preferably not from nationalistic fantasies

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vaasman

@ivangrozny said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Welcome today's news. Our top story, Thanos the mad titan fought the Avengers to collect 6 magic colored stones. A spaceship directly parked over New York and aliens fought Spiderman, Ironman, and a couple wizards. More at 11.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: @Bread_or_Decide: dont ask me a question then answer it for yourself. Of course I have heard of such stories. They are called alternate history. This is not presented as alternate history. I think its poor form in a war of millions sacrificed to present a false image of the facts for idealogical purposes. You obviously dont. Fine.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TryIt

@DocSanchez said:

@Bread_or_Decide: @Bread_or_Decide: dont ask me a question then answer it for yourself. Of course I have heard of such stories. They are called alternate history. This is not presented as alternate history. I think its poor form in a war of millions sacrificed to present a false image of the facts for idealogical purposes. You obviously dont. Fine.

1. yes it is presented as that

2. video games are not the history channel

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@tryit: a useless observation. I am having a discussion. No one either side is crying.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Vaasman

@DocSanchez said:

What exactly about the marketing for this game gave you the impression that this was attempting to be based off true stories of the time period and present an accurate representation of WW2?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TryIt

@DocSanchez said:

@tryit: a useless observation. I am having a discussion. No one either side is crying.

lies!

you ARE emotionally invested

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 IvanGrozny

@Vaasman said:
@DocSanchez said:

What exactly about the marketing for this game gave you the impression that this was attempting to be based off true stories of the time period and present an accurate representation of WW2?

Hmmm them saying it will be the most immersive WW2 experience ever? Did you miss that part of therlir marketing campaign?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I was hoping the German campaign would be about some Antifa operating in late-war Germany. Could have been a good story to get behind but I guess they are already doing a resistance story with the Norwegians.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Vaasman

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Hmmm them saying it will be the most immersive WW2 experience ever? Did you miss that part of therlir marketing campaign?

Immersive is not a synonym for accurate.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By IvanGrozny

@xantufrog said:

@ivangrozny: the real heroes being Russians, instead of those combatants in Algeria?

You need to be careful where your kids are getting their history lessons - preferably not from BF games, and preferably not from nationalistic fantasies

Hmmm how about Russian females frequently replacing men on the batllefield in a desperate attempt to hold the last line of defense against German war machine in desperate times. How more dramatic and heroic that can be? But i guess a fictional story about two Norwegian girls stopping Germany from developing a nuclear bomb sounds so much better than the real thing ?

So kids can relate to fictional fake characters instead of real people.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bread_or_Decide

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Welcome today's news. Our top story, Thanos the mad titan fought the Avengers to collect 6 magic colored stones. A spaceship directly parked over New York and aliens fought Spiderman, Ironman, and a couple wizards. More at 11.

Thank goodness Infinity War was historically accurate.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I'll just leave this here...

-----

Kleenex to ditch Mansize tissues after gender inequality complaints

https://www.msn.com/en-za/lifestyle/relationships/kleenex-to-ditch-mansize-tissues-after-gender-inequality-complaints/ar-BBOACeg

Lol :P

Beyond nonsense.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@ivangrozny said:
@lamprey263 said:

So playing as white Germans, Norwegians, British, and one black man, behold, the true injustice of modern times, reverse racism, don't cry yourself to death.

My real strife here is that they had time to white wash Germans and Norwegians, who had sided with Germany during WW2, but they conveniently omitted political incorrect today's countries like US and Russia. If anything, we haven't had a decent Soviet Campaing in a decade in shooters. If they go to represent everyone, then they should represent everyone, even those they don't like. Apparently, they liked Germany enough, but not Americans and Russians. For all i care, they can make a black muslim gay on a wheelchair take all germans by himself, but I also want real heroes honoured too.

Just wanting to point out that Germany occupied Norway (who were neutral) and installed a puppet government. They had a very strong resistance movement, supplied and supported by the British as well as forming Royal Air Force squadrons and British Commando units.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 IvanGrozny

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

That's debatable. Immersive implies a high degree of historical accuracy. You can't say it's an immersive Civil War experience with elfs, dwarves and orks representing North and South.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 IvanGrozny

@GarGx1 said:
@ivangrozny said:
@lamprey263 said:

So playing as white Germans, Norwegians, British, and one black man, behold, the true injustice of modern times, reverse racism, don't cry yourself to death.

My real strife here is that they had time to white wash Germans and Norwegians, who had sided with Germany during WW2, but they conveniently omitted political incorrect today's countries like US and Russia. If anything, we haven't had a decent Soviet Campaing in a decade in shooters. If they go to represent everyone, then they should represent everyone, even those they don't like. Apparently, they liked Germany enough, but not Americans and Russians. For all i care, they can make a black muslim gay on a wheelchair take all germans by himself, but I also want real heroes honoured too.

Just wanting to point out that Germany occupied Norway (who were neutral) and installed a puppet government. They had a very strong resistance movement, supplied and supported by the British as well as forming Royal Air Force squadrons and British Commando units.

Perhaps. But the stakes there were nowhere as high as on Eastern front or Pacific. Most Norwegians could still carry relatively peaceful life, meanwhile Russians were fighting for their survival. Norwegians were a part of Germanic national vision of integrating them into the German society due to close cultural ties. Russians instead were planned as a slave force and extinction.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Vaasman
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

That's debatable. Immersive implies a high degree of historical accuracy. You can't say it's an immersive Civil War experience with elfs, dwarves and orks representing North and South.

Yes I can. Because again, not synonyms. Immersion has virtually nothing to do with realism or historic accuracy. There are a multitude of fantasy and science-fiction games or other media that prove that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TryIt

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

no it absolutely positively does not.

if you dont already know the history then its not going to affect your immersion at all. and even if you DO know the history its really extremely marginal that it would unless its a lifes work and as such details in that area get in your way of being able to detach from reality.
these games have far more problems with immersion killing then gender or race.

things like being able to see your target behind walls for starters

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 IvanGrozny

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Yes I can. Because again, not synonyms. Immersion has virtually nothing to do with realism or historic accuracy. There are a multitude of fantasy and science-fiction games or other media that prove that.

Except when it comes down to depict real historical events, immersion also means historical accuracy. Context matters.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TryIt

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Except when it comes down to depict real historical events, immersion also means historical accuracy. Context matters.

no it does not.

If you dont know the history it doesnt matter

if you do know the history but are not a hard core serious history buff in that specific area of history its very likely to not affect your immersion at all.

Seeing thru walls however (which I might add is also not historically accurate) IS an immersion killer

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Vaasman

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Well it's a good thing BFV isn't depicting real historical events then.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By IvanGrozny

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:

if you dont already know the history then its not going to affect your immersion at all. and even if you DO know the history its really extremely marginal that it would unless its a lifes work and as such details in that area get in your way of being able to detach from reality.

Yes it does, if you don't put huge disclaimers on your product, it's misleading, deceiving, and fake advertising. Nowhere i saw them put in the game that this is a work of fantasy, and doesn't represent real events. Wolftenstein did, they didn't, so i had no problem with Wolftenstein, but i do have problem with them for that.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By IvanGrozny

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Where is the disclaimer that says so then. I believe by law all media must do so. Otherwise fake advertisement and disrespectful to real heroes and victims of WW2.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TryIt

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Yes it does, if you don't put huge disclaimers on your product, it's misleading, deceiving, and fake advertising. Nowhere i saw them put in the game that this is a work of fantasy, and doesn't represent real events. Wolftenstein did, they didn't, so i had no problem with Wolftenstein.

completely and total horseshit.

you think every single game out there that isnt 100% historically accurate has a 'disclaimer' on it because people think they are buying the History Channel?

that is absurd

let me see...yeah I just read the box on Farming Simulator and it does not in fact say 'seasons represented in hours does not represent historically accurate time frame'

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@cainetao11: Why does the left always do that? This was made for pandering crybabies on resetera. It's not that were crying about it we just think its lame and laughable. Thats the difference.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 IvanGrozny
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Yes it does, if you don't put huge disclaimers on your product, it's misleading, deceiving, and fake advertising. Nowhere i saw them put in the game that this is a work of fantasy, and doesn't represent real events. Wolftenstein did, they didn't, so i had no problem with Wolftenstein.

you think every single game out there that isnt 100% historically accurate has a 'disclaimer' on it because people think they are buying the History Channel?

that is absurd

let me see...yeah I just read the box on Farming Simulator and it does not in fact say 'seasons represented in hours does not represent historically accurate time frame'

No, but when it comes to sensitive historical traumatic events, it's just a human decency to do so, unless you are ready to defend your point of view of history in a court of law.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Vaasman

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Where is the disclaimer that says so then. I believe by law all media must 5do so. Otherwise fake advertisement and disrespectful to real heroes and victims of WW2.

Pretty sure you just made that up. Regardless, the game isn't officially released so there's no way to know one way or the other if there will be disclaimers in game or not.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Jesus christ, why do conservatives cry at everything?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TryIt

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

that is absurd

No, but when it comes to sensitive historical traumatic events, it's just a human decency to do so, unless you are ready to defend your point of view of history in a court of law.

no now you just pulling random shit out of your ass and hopes it sticks.

next your going to say 'no but for games that start with the letter B' they will have a disclaimer telling people that its not historically accurate.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By IvanGrozny

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Where is the disclaimer that says so then. I believe by law all media must 5do so. Otherwise fake advertisement and disrespectful to real heroes and victims of WW2.

Pretty sure you just made that up. Regardless, the game isn't officially release so there's no way to know one way or the other if there will be disclaimers in game or not.

I made that up? LOL. Wolftenstein, Assassin Creed, all semi fictional tv shows do that, South Park, etc etc. They do that to avoid lawsuits.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By IvanGrozny

@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

that is absurd

next your going to say 'no but for games that start with the letter B' they will have a disclaimer telling people that its not historically accurate.

It's so funny how you liberals are only respectful and sensitive to stuff that matters to you, but readily discard and downplay other people beliefs. So much for your tolerance and respect that doesn't suit your agenda.?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TryIt

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

Pretty sure you just made that up. Regardless, the game isn't officially release so there's no way to know one way or the other if there will be disclaimers in game or not.

I made that up? LOL. Wolftenstein, Assassin Creed, all semi fictional tv shows do that, South Park, etc etc. They do that to avoid lawsuits.

show 3 examples of such disclaimers on video games

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TryIt

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:

that is absurd

It's so funny how you liberals are only respectful and sensitive to stuff that matters to you, but readily discard and downplay other people beliefs. So much for your tolerance and respect that doesn't suit your agenda.?

to put it simply,

I think you are not telling the truth and making up reasons and adjusting them as you go hoping something will stick.

I do not believe you when you say these things, I might be wrong but that is what I am thinking

EDIT: removing the word 'liar' replacing with 'I dont believe you' I dont want to offend anyone

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Bread_or_Decide

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

that is absurd

Nice. Playing the victim. Good move. Strategic.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1045 Posts

@ivangrozny:

I find it very hard to respect conservative views but I try to.

I just realize it is the way people are raised usually

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Vaasman

@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

I made that up? LOL. Wolftenstein, Assassin Creed, all semi fictional tv shows do that, South Park, etc etc. They do that to avoid lawsuits.*

*citation needed.

South Park's disclaimer is a fake satirical disclaimer. I don't know if you actually have watched the show or not but it's simply a running gag. The South Park movie does not use the disclaimer.

Hows about this, if you can show proof that BFV must by-law include a disclaimer, and won't include any disclaimers in it's launch version, I will concede that you are in fact not a bigot. Fair?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:
@tryit said:
@ivangrozny said:

that is absurd

Didn't your last bigoted thread backfire horribly? Not sure why you made another one.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By IvanGrozny

@Vaasman said:
@ivangrozny said:
@Vaasman said:

I made that up? LOL. Wolftenstein, Assassin Creed, all semi fictional tv shows do that, South Park, etc etc. They do that to avoid lawsuits.*

*citation needed.

South Park's disclaimer is a fake satirical disclaimer. I don't know if you actually have watched the show or not but it's simply a running gag. The South Park movie does not use the disclaimer.

Hows about this, if you can show proof that BFV must by-law include a disclaimer, and won't include any disclaimers in it's launch version, I will concede that you are in fact not a bigot. Fair?

Wait, did you just classified me as a bigot, meanwhile i was advocating all the way for including real Russian female heros instead of fictional Norwegian ones? Wow. Just wow.