BFV single player campaign will feature every minority but no Americans or Soviets

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

BFV single player campaign will be built around small war stories again like in BF1

There will be a Norwegian resistance campaign with female protagonists, with elements of gay love story.

There will be a British air force campaign with white male protagonists.

There will be Algerian campaign narrative with all black protagonists.

There will be even a German campaign, for god sake, so today's Germans don't get too offended.

But there will be no campaigns for major WW2 protagonists such as Soviets and Americans.

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (29186 posts) -

The German campaign will no doubt be a Trump voter in disguise. Much like Wolfenstiens 2 subtle as a brick modern America portraying them as enjoying beheading with a smile.

Disgusting propaganda.

Russians are very hard, I've seen footage of one splitting an apple with one hand, and would rather that was the whole campaign. Even their woman were hard but they got ignored in favor of tumblr.

#3 Posted by Vaasman (13296 posts) -

Pretty sure women aren't a minority.

#4 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

The German campaign will no doubt be a Trump voter in disguise. Much like Wolfenstiens 2 subtle as a brick modern America portraying them as enjoying beheading with a smile.

Disgusting propaganda.

Russians are very hard, I've seen footage of one splitting an apple with one hand, and would rather that was the whole campaign. Even their woman were hard but they got ignored in favor of tumblr.

Actually it will be not-all-germans-were-bad type of a story. About a Tiger tank crew who tries to survive the final stages of war. Ironically might be the best war story among all that SJW parade.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (29186 posts) -
@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Disgusting propaganda.

Actually it will be not-all-germans-were-bad type of a story. About a german tank crew who tries to survive the final stages of war. Ironically might be the best war story among all that SJW parade.

They won't be bad because they are unsure Trump Voters, who realize the ways of the left.

Rejoice!

-

Company Of Heroes already done this (no doubt better), but I look forward to dummy jurnos trying to praise it as innovative.

#6 Posted by worknow222 (1809 posts) -

Gay love story? The girls looking for her mother. Unless they wanna do incest as well.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (50762 posts) -

Here's hoping the German campaign will be good. Like Der Untergang. Poor Hitler. Poor Nazis. Crazy Russians.

#8 Posted by jeezers (1954 posts) -

Lame, but idc hated the beta anyway.

#9 Posted by sakaiXx (4196 posts) -

Nice, we have billions of games telling about American or Soviet front, its nice to play on minority side.

That said, passing this game.

#10 Posted by cainetao11 (35689 posts) -

I don’t see the problem. How many games has this been done in? Who’s being a crybaby here? Lmao this isn’t important

#11 Edited by madrocketeer (5888 posts) -

I don't give a flying rodent's backside about BFV, and I hope it crashes and burns and take EA down with it.

That said, as I understand it, the devs were going for an "untold stories" style single player mode. Stories about Americans have been done to death, so I could see how that would not qualify. I suppose Eastern Front stories have also been done too.

And the Norwegian girl is looking for her mother.

But sure, go ahead and over-interpret things to feed your personal sense of "injustice." I hear it's the hip thing to do these days.

#12 Posted by phbz (3823 posts) -

My grandpa didn't fight no damn Nazis so that ya people now just think you can have creative freedom. Hell y'all need some Nazis to put ya in ya places and stop disrespecting my grandpa!

#13 Posted by watercrack445 (848 posts) -

Well, there at least white protagonists in the game. So, that's good.

#14 Posted by sealionact (3227 posts) -

I think you imagining the gay story segment - when the two are actually Mother and daughter - tells us how ignorant and insecure you are.

From what I've seen, the sp campaigns look brilliant. Playing as a German changes things up a bit, and as far as not having US or Russian forces, it's a video game....not a documentary.

#15 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

Of all the things to bitch about in games and you choice this lol, oh and that guy the other day/week who complained that he had to drive on the "wrong" side of the road in Forza Horizon, geez people get a grip.

#16 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8026 posts) -

Definitely the worst WW2 potrayal i have ever seen. WW2 game without soviet campaign??

why are EA and DICE are even trying. they are only apealing clowns of reset era and thats it. and after battlefront 2 no one is hyping about this game.

#17 Posted by BassMan (9432 posts) -

Instead of BF V, they should just rename it to BF SJW.

#18 Posted by KungfuKitten (25967 posts) -

I mean I don't mind THAT. In the sense that it would be cool to see some of the other countries involved for a change.

#19 Posted by Dogwax (45 posts) -

Maybe if America turned up to the war bar the last 5 minutes there would of been more source material to get ideas from

#20 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24712 posts) -

Who cares? Jesus, some of you people cry more than a newborn.

#21 Posted by xantufrog (10072 posts) -

I don't see any lesbians or minorities in that list. All I see is a user who has complained in the past about not enough Russian themed games getting pissed off that it has happened again. I'm trying to think of WW2 games that DIDN'T feature the US and Russia

#22 Posted by faponte13 (39 posts) -

How does one black guy in the game make everyone in the game a minority?

Didnt know white germans and British people were minorities.

#23 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42367 posts) -

You guys are a bunch of delicate little flowers, complaining about nothing.

Do we need to be more sensitive to your needs? Do we need to form a White Male Westerner coalition to ensure our place in all entertainment products?

#24 Posted by lamprey263 (35736 posts) -

So playing as white Germans, Norwegians, British, and one black man, behold, the true injustice of modern times, reverse racism, don't cry yourself to death.

#25 Edited by SecretPolice (34153 posts) -

I'll just leave this here...

-----

Kleenex to ditch Mansize tissues after gender inequality complaints

https://www.msn.com/en-za/lifestyle/relationships/kleenex-to-ditch-mansize-tissues-after-gender-inequality-complaints/ar-BBOACeg

Lol :P

#26 Posted by DaVillain- (32975 posts) -

@worknow222 said:

Gay love story? The girls looking for her mother. Unless they wanna do incest as well.

I'm okay with this.

#27 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

well you guys like movie games, you got movie games.

I personally find movie games absurd, let alone the 'love affair' of any NPC

but I can see the Right Wing SJW is in full tears on this one

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#28 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

You're allowed to use the backdrop to tell any story you like.

What is the issue here? Games really are insane. Truly.

#29 Posted by Link71113 (178 posts) -

It’s something different, what’s there really to complain about? The OP wasn’t gonna get the game in the first place. And as much as I don’t really like the majority of resetera...this thread reminds me of them.

#30 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

@worknow222 said:

@madrocketeer said:

I don't give a flying rodent's backside about BFV, and I hope it crashes and burns and take EA down with it.

That said, as I understand it, the devs were going for an "untold stories" style single player mode. Stories about Americans have been done to death, so I could see how that would not qualify. I suppose Eastern Front stories have also been done too.

And the Norwegian girl is looking for her mother.

But sure, go ahead and over-interpret things to feed your personal sense of "injustice." I hear it's the hip thing to do these days.

The injustice brigade. Their sad crusade continues.

On to the next fake outrage.

You know how we know this is fake?

The BFV teaser keeps getting lied about. She had pink hair, cyborg arm, performing unbelievable feats.

Um, it's a metal prosthetic, that existed at the time, and she had blue streaks under her eyes. We have video proof of this but they perpetuate a lie about it in every comment section. This is truly the Trump era of blatant lies and misinformation.

#31 Edited by madrocketeer (5888 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide:

More like the era of nuclear-hot takes that sacrificed brain cells for raw blinding speed - emphasis on "blinding." People just rush to react to everything without putting any thought into their reactions and what they're reacting to.

This is why I don't have a social media account.

#32 Posted by DocSanchez (4919 posts) -

@Vaasman: they certainly were a tiny minority in this war like nearly all the other player characters in this campaign.

But the real heroes are being largely erased.

#33 Posted by Vaasman (13296 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

@Vaasman: they certainly were a tiny minority in this war like nearly all the other player characters in this campaign.

Are you implying that women can't be heroes?

#34 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

here is an example of right wing SJW tears. Just as a side note observation

#35 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

I don't see any lesbians or minorities in that list. All I see is a user who has complained in the past about not enough Russian themed games getting pissed off that it has happened again. I'm trying to think of WW2 games that DIDN'T feature the US and Russia

That's some patronizing bullshit. They picked some kids who took last places in the competition and gave them medals for some special effort. If anything, Soviets have been underrepresented in videogames. We haven't got a decent Soviet Campaing from a AAA developer in a fooking decade. But hey, they had time to whitewash Germans and Norwegia, who sided with Germany during WW2. Yeah, who cares abour sories of Russian female snipers, pilots, medics and resistance that actually truly represented females in WW2, who were most vulnerable in the war. Instead they decided to tell a story about some Norwegian girls, who despite their country allying with Germany in WW2, changed the course of war by stopping by themselves Germany from developing first nuclear weapons. So here you go, SJW rewriting history inventing heroic acts that never happened, because, according to Dice, true female effort during WW2 was not good enough for Dice to write about. Enjoy your rewrited history. And once again, i remind you we have females on Soviet side who did incredible acts of heroism, who saw real combat and horrors of war. But, hey, they were on Soviet Side, so their effort doesnt count 😊

#36 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

Or maybe the 200 movies/games about them are enough?

#37 Posted by DocSanchez (4919 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide: if you are going to do a game about ww2, you do ww2. You dont fucking invent what you wished ww2 was and do that.

#38 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@xantufrog said:

That's some patronizing bullshit. They picked some kids who took last places in the competition and gave them medals for some special effort. If anything, Soviets have been underrepresented in videogames. We haven't got a decent Soviet Campaing from a AAA developer in a fooking decade. But hey, they had time to whitewash Germans and Norwegia, who sided with Germany during WW2. Yeah, who cares abour sories of Russian female snipers, pilots, medics and resistance that actually truly represented females in WW2, who were most vulnerable in the war. Instead they decided to tell a story about some Norwegian girls, who despite their country allying with Germany in WW2, changed the course of war by stopping by themselves Germany from developing first nuclear weapons. So here you go, SJW rewriting history inventing heroic acts that never happened, because, according to Dice, true female effort during WW2 was not good enough for Dice to write about. Enjoy your rewrited history. And once again, i remind you we have females on Soviet side who did incredible acts of heroism, who saw real combat and horrors of war. But, hey, they were on Soviet Side, so their effort doesnt count 😊

Because video games are history books.

I remember the time inglorious basterds rewrote history forever. cue eye roll.

#39 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@xantufrog said:

basically if a minority, female or any non straight sexual person is treated the same as as a straight male you can pretty much count on the Right wing SJW army to go into full tears.

peroid.

I never seen an example that was not exactly as I have described. Not a single example where the 'role reversals' somehow showed any poltical agenda OTHER than the role reversal itself.

If you have an example, show it

#40 Posted by Zaryia (6684 posts) -

Incel thread.

#41 Edited by IvanGrozny (844 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

So playing as white Germans, Norwegians, British, and one black man, behold, the true injustice of modern times, reverse racism, don't cry yourself to death.

My real strife here is that they had time to white wash Germans and Norwegians, who had sided with Germany during WW2, but they conveniently omitted political incorrect today's countries like US and Russia. If anything, we haven't had a decent Soviet Campaing in a decade in shooters. If they go to represent everyone, then they should represent everyone, even those they don't like. Apparently, they liked Germany enough, but not Americans and Russians. For all i care, they can make a black muslim gay on a wheelchair take all germans by himself, but I also want real heroes honoured too.

#42 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

@Bread_or_Decide: if you are going to do a game about ww2, you do ww2. You dont fucking invent what you wished ww2 was and do that.

So you've never heard of historical fiction? Using real time periods to tell your own stories?

That's not a thing in the world you live in? Jesus you must live in a boring world then.

#43 Posted by Archangel3371 (26431 posts) -

Oh no! How am I going to sleep at night? The struggle is real.

#44 Posted by DocSanchez (4919 posts) -

@Vaasman: cant? No. Obviously.

#45 Posted by Mandzilla (2110 posts) -

Perhaps you could just hack EA Dice headquarters and add Russians into the game?

#46 Edited by Vaasman (13296 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

You heard it folks. Never attempt historical fiction. Don't consume or create it, it's not 100% accurate and therefore worthless as a form of media.

#47 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Oh no! How am I going to sleep at night? The struggle is real.

Keep in mind, nothing in this new trailer feeds their narrative.

Dice says it's small stories from around the world.

The woman in it is not in an army or in the trenches.

They still mad tho.

That's like being mad that inglorious basterds killed hitler even after tarantino tells you he's doing his own thing, not making a documentary.

#48 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@DocSanchez said:

You heard it folks. Never attempt historical fiction. Don't consume or create it, it's not 100% accurate and therefore worthless as a form of media.

Yep. It's not its own genre or anything.

I threw Wolfenstein 2 in the trash because it's not historically accurate.

#49 Posted by Archangel3371 (26431 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide: Yeah. I just have to shake my head and laugh when I hear some of these people’s “arguments”.

#50 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Vaasman said:
@DocSanchez said:

Yep. It's not its own genre or anything.

I threw Wolfenstein 2 in the trash because it's not historically accurate.

are you joking?

Wolfenstein 2...that game...that one.

you are concerned is not historically accurate? a joke right? i hope so