BETHESDA: "Skyrim, Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are just the start of our relationship with Nintendo."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

In a recent interview with Venturebeats, Bethesda boss Pete Hines, has stated that the announced Skyrim, Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are just the beginning of a long term relationship between them and Nintendo.

We’ve been in constant conversation with [Nintendo], and not just about the two games we have now, but about our whole approach to the platform going forward – what we can do, best practices, what things are a good fit, what they’re excited about in what we’re doing. We’re obviously excited about these two games, but it’s not as if we’re going to just do these two games and that’s it. We want this to be the start of a relationship that we build with Nintendo and Nintendo fans.

It's also interesting to point out that just before the release of this article, The Evil Within 2 director Shinji Mikami told GameSpot that he'd be interesting in seeing a Switch port of the upcoming Horror game, which will also be published by Bethesda.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

That's interesting. The more the merrier. It would be interesting to see what this support takes the form of. I wonderful if we will see games like Dishonored or Prey for example.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

interesting. i have always thought todd howard has been very dismissive of nintendo in the past. maybe he is getting overruled.

im not sure multiplats will do it though (i hope im wrong mind). if they want to make more money on switch projects then i think they would be better off having a team working with nintendo to make exclusive content (perhaps using nintendo IP). like nintnedo and ubisoft with mario xcom.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7247 Posts

That's great to hear, but I'm going to see how these games sell before getting my hopes up. Nintendo fans can be finicky, and corporations are fickle.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

If I wasn't on my phone.... my reply would be the Vault Boy pic shining his grin and a thumbs up!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Bethesda is loving that switch

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

If the performance is up, I would consider it.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Heil68 said:

but but ... is a handheld , what do you want more ?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

They showed new gameplay for The Evil Within 2.

Loading Video...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Because of how much people are down on Skyrim and Doom now that they are coming to a Nintendo platform, I might just play them again on the Switch just to spite them XD

I suppose the people who were complaining about the Switch not getting 3rd party support will buy a Switch for this?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:

I suppose the people who were complaining about the Switch not getting 3rd party support will buy a Switch for this?

Come on, you should know better than that. The people who where down on Switch, and Nintendo in general, for lack of 3rd party support, will just look for another reason to be down on Nintendo.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

Hopefully, this statement will convince more 3rd party developers/publishers to give Nintendo a second chance with the Switch and embrace the next-gen console. Glad to hear something good coming out of Bethesda.

Now if you excuse me, I'll go pre-order Skyrim on my Switch so I can slay Dragons on the go!

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

The salt in this thread is hilarious.

@lukeasaurusrex said:

Don't bother Bethesda, if most of your ports will run like Doom is. 30FPS on Doom? Unacceptable.

@AzatiS said:
@Heil68 said:

Its a problem if Nintendo doesn't have 3rd parties, now it's a problem if they do because they don't offer the visual fidelity of their counterparts. Have fun lugging around a PS4, Xbox One or PC to kill Nazi's on the go.

Portability >>>> Graphical Fidelity. Anyone who really cares that much about how great the graphics on their games look should have a PC right?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

That's very good to hear. More third party support makes for a much stronger system.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AzatiS

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

The salt in this thread is hilarious.

@lukeasaurusrex said:

Don't bother Bethesda, if most of your ports will run like Doom is. 30FPS on Doom? Unacceptable.

@AzatiS said:
@Heil68 said:

Its a problem if Nintendo doesn't have 3rd parties, now it's a problem if they do because they don't offer the visual fidelity of their counterparts. Have fun lugging around a PS4, Xbox One or PC to kill Nazi's on the go.

Portability >>>> Graphical Fidelity. Anyone who really cares that much about how great the graphics on their games look should have a PC right?

Dont be silly , im joking.

Also dont get mad , i see sheep hiding behind "handheld" or " i play outside" now that some multis gonna get a release and the differences vs consoles are huge. Something i predicted like .. even a week ago lol. Thats why i joked about it. Chill

Nothing wrong with Switch having . rather getting some 3rd party support , thats more than welcome and something i was asking for years.

Stop hiding behind portability when you telling me Switch is a console months now though ( not you , whoever was it ). It wont bypass comparison with other platforms supposed are under same line ( consoles ) by saying you want to play outside.

So yeah , ill joke about it if you dont mind because suddenly when it comes to Doom Switch is a handheld and that alone which .. i understand yet i predicted will happen. haha ! ( this isnt going to you , they know )

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321

@AzatiS: never argued that switch is a handheld. It's a hybrid. It does both.

For my buck, the portability of large scale AAA games outweighs any added graphical components

Btw it's a moot argument because Doom and Skyrim are both VASTLY overrated.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 enzyme36

Portability vs a few extra scratches on the armor

Hmmm... tough choice

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AzatiS

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@AzatiS: never argued that switch is a handheld. It's a hybrid. It does both.

For my buck, the portability of large scale AAA games outweighs any added graphical components

Btw it's a moot argument because Doom and Skyrim are both VASTLY overrated.

Say what you want , what i said will be the case in 2-3 years is already happening. Its not personal to you they know

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sHaDyCuBe321

@AzatiS: you realize though that it just sounds like tire damage controlling 2-3 years ahead of time.

You were one of the people who claimed Nintendo would fail with the Switch. You and I even had an argument about it in which I suggested Nintendo could eventually produce docs with interal processing units for added graphical power.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AzatiS

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@AzatiS: you realize though that it just sounds like tire damage controlling 2-3 years ahead of time.

You were one of the people who claimed Nintendo would fail with the Switch. You and I even had an argument about it in which I suggested Nintendo could eventually produce docs with interal processing units for added graphical power.

What do you mean damage controlling ? Its already here !!! I speculated that sheep and everyone will start hiding behind " but but its a handheld " the moment the differences this "console" as you calling it or "hybrid" having head to head comparisons with other consoles. Its already here with same games and already people doing exactly what i told you will happen. Exactly that is happening . Noone speaks about console anymore because ... oh well we know why right ? As i predicted , 100% on.

The difference is that i didnt expect those games to find their way on Switch and with strong Nintendo 1st parties everyone would just bypass differences and i focused on down the road.

This is PREDICTION my friend , is not damage control.

Oh , i was one of the people who claimed nintendo would fail with the Switch ? Really bro , you remember well ?

You are full of shit right now and what you doing isnt right , want me to prove i was one of the few i was telling everyone Switch has a chance and a big one if they focus on games and marketing etc ? Stop this please , its not nice to do that. I mean why some of you keep saying shit that i never said ? I can prove that all day long.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

And also the finish when Nintendo fans refuse to buy 3rd party games. We go through this every gen.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Yeah, but most importantly when are they going to make good games?

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
@enzyme36 said:

Hmmm... tough choice

Its obviously more than that...depends on the gamer though

honestly the only time I would ever play a portable game is one a plane, probably not worth it for me.

Do adults really play video games in public?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By enzyme36

@dino7c said:
@enzyme36 said:

Hmmm... tough choice

honestly the only time I would ever play a portable game is one a plane, probably not worth it for me.

Indeed... Doom is a beautiful game and everyone in here should experience it with settings to max pushing frames well over 100 per. I am sometimes amazed at how well this game keeps steady at such framerates. Granted I only have a 1080p monitor, but still it's gorgeous.

But on-top of that its a pretty fun game. I will gladly make some sacrifices to have a portable option. ... and that doesnt mean I have to be going on vacation or commuting to work. Portability works fine around the house too.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:

Because of how much people are down on Skyrim and Doom now that they are coming to a Nintendo platform, I might just play them again on the Switch just to spite them XD

Would add even more salt to the wound if these games sells really well on Switch...& more AAA 3rd party games comes to Switch. ;P

Noice!..EW2 on Switch?...yes please!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@superbuuman said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Would add even more salt to the wound if these games sells really well on Switch...& more AAA 3rd party games comes to Switch. ;P

Noice!..EW2 on Switch?...yes please!

Good thing Shinji Mikami is interested making a Switch Port!

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

@dino7c: Only the man children who still live at home play video games in public. They mostly play Pokemon games. I don't need to explain what they look like, you know the stereotypes and they are all true.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KungfuKitten

@dino7c said:
@enzyme36 said:

Hmmm... tough choice

Depends on the country I guess. Here everyone can play games in public, and it would be considered pretty cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@stuff238 said:

@dino7c: Only the man children who still live at home play video games in public. They mostly play Pokemon games. I don't need to explain what they look like, you know the stereotypes and they are all true.

Plenty of people play video games in public... on their phones. It's 2017 and you are shaming your own hobby? wtf is wrong with you...

Portability isn't just useful outside of ones on private spaces... people seem to forget that. I'm sure the teenages or early 20s folks here are thinking "I'm a big boy I dominate my own TV" ... yea? well you arn't the only demographic.

In my experience/personal preference, playing consoles on a TV at sofa distance is by far the worst experience, the level of focus and detail even with a great screen is just not suited to competitive games/focus. When I have a choice I'l play at the desk, much closer to the screen, far more awareness.

Similar effect applies with the switch, I'm in the living room? I could dock it? rather not.... rather just lie on the sofa and look directly at the screen at the ideal viewing distance/coverage.

Only time I feel I need to use my big screen is movie like games or entertainment games, in any other situation, I'd choose desk/portable anyday.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KungfuKitten

Look, even if playing video games isn't 'normal' where you live, next time you have to wait half an hour to an hour for something like the barber or a tattoo parlor, pull out your switch or 3ds with earphones. While they run out of social media to check in like 5 minutes you can tickle your brain with some Picross.

People will go from the 'what a weirdo playing video games at least I have better things to do' look, to the 'damn I've been waiting here for half an hour and I'm hellannoyed, but he seems to be having a good time', to 'maybe that's not such a stupid idea, what the hell is that thing anyway?' Be a trendsetter, free people from their stupid 'social' codes.

If you have no severe social anxiety it shouldn't be that hard to do.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@metalboi said:

FO4 GOTY Switch edition, baby!

I'd prefer New Vegas: Ultimate Switch Edition myself, but I'll take that too. :)

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Hahaha, was just about to create this exact same post. It's fantastic to hear :)