Bethesda says No Elder Scrolls 6 Or Starfield At E3 2019

#1 Edited by AcidTango (1654 posts) -

Link to the full article

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-elder-scrolls-6-or-starfield-at-e3-2019-says-be/1100-6465919/

I wonder if the reason for it is because Todd Howard feels embarrassed to show up at E3 after what happened with Fallout 76 ;)

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (52618 posts) -

Shocking. I'm assuming it's because there's literally nothing to show... Which is even more embarrassing given that F76 was such a disaster, that it likely won't hold them over until either of these release. I'm not saying they'll have no money, but it's apparent that F76 was meant to be a hold-over for gamers, so that they can develop 2 games announced way too early.

All-in-all, they dun goof'd.

#3 Posted by Fedor (4596 posts) -

Dang, I was really looking forward to another teaser trailer that showed absolutely nothing.

#4 Posted by Mandzilla (4020 posts) -

E3 2019 Battle Royale, everyone's getting eliminated left and right!

#5 Posted by XVision84 (15782 posts) -

I couldn't care less about Fallout, but don't screw these up Bethesda. Pls :(

#6 Posted by Planeforger (17988 posts) -

@XVision84: Maybe they'll try something different this time, such as finishing a game before they release it?

#7 Edited by lundy86_4 (52618 posts) -

@Planeforger: Nooooo, such a foreign concept? They'll just let the community do it... Unless it's F76, in which case you're f*cked.

#8 Posted by XVision84 (15782 posts) -
@Planeforger said:

@XVision84: Maybe they'll try something different this time, such as finishing a game before they release it?

Slow down with the crazy ideas there!

#9 Posted by Archangel3371 (27551 posts) -

That’s unfortunate. I’m not surprised about The Elder Scrolls VI but I thought that they’ve been working on Starfield for awhile now so it would have been nice to see a little something on it by now.

#10 Posted by Raining51 (800 posts) -

Doesn't matter lots of games to go around right now...

#11 Edited by thereal25 (1737 posts) -

I wasn't expecting either so early.

#12 Posted by I_P_Daily (11389 posts) -

And nothing of value was lost.

#13 Posted by foxhound_fox (97849 posts) -

That's fine, that just means all the modders putting effort into full conversion or world-expansion mods for Skyrim will continue to work on their projects.

#14 Posted by DaVillain- (35989 posts) -

I thought Todd Howard said at one point their wouldn't be no Elder Scrolls 6 until next-gen PS5/Xbox Scarlet arrives cause at this time, I see no point releasing Elder Scrolls 6 into current-gen. Same with Starfield.

#15 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43751 posts) -

I much prefer the sound of silent progress to the boisterous "OMFG LOOK AT FALLOUT, Look at what we are working on! BEHOLD ME AND BECOME HYPED!"

@davillain- said:

I thought Todd Howard said at one point their wouldn't be no Elder Scrolls 6 until next-gen PS5/Xbox Scarlet arrives cause at this time, I see no point releasing Elder Scrolls 6 into current-gen. Same with Starfield.

Meh, just release it for PC then downgrade it when the next-gen consoles come out. Easy-peasy.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#16 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (45131 posts) -

Disappointing to hear but not surprising if they're trying to save face after the Fallout 76 disaster.

#17 Posted by angelsemaj (16 posts) -

After what happened to Fallout 76? I hope they'll think more about the repercussion of their future releases. smh

#18 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9571 posts) -

Dont care. Doom Eternal is main focus of bethesda E3 now.

#19 Posted by Macutchi (6693 posts) -

finally they're demo-ing a new engine. several years late but still better than never.

i just want to hear that they are maybe, conceivably, sometime down the line, thinking about the possibility of considering doing dishonored 3

#20 Posted by headninjadog (740 posts) -

Wasn't Skyrim a 7th gen game? And than a remaster. It's like DOA 5 was a 7th gen game with an 8th gen remaster and we just got a DOA 6 proper 8th gen game at the end of the gens life-cycle.

#21 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9571 posts) -

@Macutchi said:

finally they're demo-ing a new engine. several years late but still better than never.

i just want to hear that they are maybe, conceivably, sometime down the line, thinking about the possibility of considering doing dishonored 3

dishonored series is resting.

i hope we will see Prey sequel by arkane. bethesda main focus is Doom Eternal. and its going to be the best FPS of this decade.

#22 Edited by PC_Rocks (2005 posts) -

LOL Bethesda RPGs.

#24 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9571 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

LOL Bethesda RPGs.

Now i think its more accurate.

#25 Posted by watercrack445 (1434 posts) -

Darn it, I really wanted to play a space game.

#26 Posted by Litchie (23682 posts) -

So, they have nothing to show from Starfield which they said will release before ES6.

Hopefully ES6 comes before I'm senile.

#27 Posted by pelvist (7364 posts) -

It's almost like someone wants E3 to die off. That's not a bad thing IMO since to me E3 is just a shit show of faked gameplay footage to sell you something that they know full well you aren't really going to get. It makes me wonder though, if what will inevitably replace E3 would be any better, I have no doubt that it won't.

#28 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2031 posts) -

E3 serves very little purpose, you don't need that expensive on-site physical presence to sell your products anymore.

#29 Posted by PC_Rocks (2005 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

LOL Bethesda RPGs.

I think I agree because most RPGs force you to grind and level up. It's more about how many stats you have compared to actual skill or gameplay. Can't kill this enemy until you're X level is crap. Still Bethesda makes some of the worst RPGs while others can still be somewhat enjoyable based on either atmosphere, story, lore or level design.

#30 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -

It's probably because after the shitshow that was Fallout 76 they finally got sense that gamer's will no longer tolerate their bullshit and now they have to go back to the drawing board.

#31 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2031 posts) -
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

LOL Bethesda RPGs.

I think I agree because most RPGs force you to grind and level up. It's more about how many stats you have compared to actual skill or gameplay. Can't kill this enemy until you're X level is crap. Still Bethesda makes some of the worst RPGs while others can still be somewhat enjoyable based on either atmosphere, story, lore or level design.

As apposed to Single Player shooters? A.I has made 0 progress in donkeys years, they are popping galleries.... very repetitive and mind numbing. Ironically alot of them are now kept interesting with the very concepts that you guys are railing on.

Look at Doom Eternal ... "oh you move abit faster, but all you are really doing is strafing and shooting the same 5-6 enemies over and over again... oh now they have 1000% health or a Shield in front of them... more strafing!"

RPG's differ heavily from one another, some are designed where building your character for the long term is the skill, others is making up complimentary parties, others are memorisation and twitch skills (MMORPG)

Lets not put shooters on a pedestal it doesn't deserve... shooters are one of the most simplistic genres out there.

#32 Posted by PC_Rocks (2005 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

LOL Bethesda RPGs.

As apposed to Single Player shooters? A.I has made 0 progress in donkeys years, they are popping galleries.... very repetitive and mind numbing. Ironically alot of them are now kept interesting with the very concepts that you guys are railing on.

Look at Doom Eternal ... "oh you move abit faster, but all you are really doing is strafing and shooting the same 5-6 enemies over and over again... oh now they have 1000% health or a Shield in front of them... more strafing!"

RPG's differ heavily from one another, some are designed where building your character for the long term is the skill, others is making up complimentary parties, others are memorisation and twitch skills (MMORPG)

Lets not put shooters on a pedestal it doesn't deserve... shooters are one of the most simplistic genres out there.

Where did I just talked about shooters? No matter what 95% of RPGs are the same thing build stats by grinding, whether it's your own or of your party or whatever. It almost always boils down to what level you're. If you're on the higher level you can one shot your enemies, if you're not they will. The more I grow I feel I have less and less time for that grind.

And yes, I also started to hate how every genre started incorporating these RPG elements. It's not to say all RPGs are crap or I didn't enjoy a number of them but it's just no longer a genre for me.

#33 Posted by warmblur (2127 posts) -

Bring back Prey 2 from the dead the one that human head studios worked on not that shitty one that Arkane made.

#34 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9571 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

LOL Bethesda RPGs.

is there been any RPG that has good gameplay? maybe Deus Ex and System shock but there gameplay was not that good but they were so immersive games, so deep make them 3 of best games ever.

other than most RPGs are crap. be it mass effect, be it witcher, be it fallout or skyrim. they cant do gameplay right.

FPS on other hand always done gameplay so much better than RPGs. Doom Eternal looks better than anything i have seen or played in last 10 years.

currently playing Metro Exodus for second time. it may not have amazing gameplay or gunplay but world is so immersive that i would put it above any of RPG. having skill tree, stats, dialouges doesnot make games fun. gameplay do

shooters are one of the most simplistic genres out there,

Try playing Doom on nightmare. you will die if you stop. or not move forward.

believe it or not. FPS is still gamings best genre. i have not enjoy non FPS games this gen. even though most FPS has been crap but good ones outclass other games in RPG or third person action games.

#35 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9571 posts) -

@warmblur said:

Bring back Prey 2 from the dead the one that human head studios worked on not that shitty one that Arkane made.

human head? the studio that just released the quietman? that regarded as one of the worst game of all time? no thanks

Prey 2 should be by arkane.

#36 Posted by Jacanuk (18251 posts) -
@AcidTango said:

Link to the full article

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-elder-scrolls-6-or-starfield-at-e3-2019-says-be/1100-6465919/

I wonder if the reason for it is because Todd Howard feels embarrassed to show up at E3 after what happened with Fallout 76 ;)

Who cares?

Bethesda has lost the "fan favourite" stamp and has ruined any goodwill they have left with the absolute mess that was Fallout 76.

#37 Posted by warmblur (2127 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

human head? the studio that just released the quietman? that regarded as one of the worst game of all time? no thanks

Prey 2 should be by arkane.

Well they must of got new devs because yeah that game is shit but still whatever team they had working on Prey 2 originally seemed like they had some major talent at least judging from that E3 2011 demo.

#38 Edited by AcidTango (1654 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@AcidTango said:

Link to the full article

Who cares?

Bethesda has lost the "fan favourite" stamp and has ruined any goodwill they have left with the absolute mess that was Fallout 76.

If Bethesda makes their future games actually good this time and not end up like that garbage Fallout 76 then they might get some respect again. Capcom for few years was a huge joke but now recently they have been making awesome games again and earning respect from gamers so hopefully Bethesda cleans up their act this time.

#39 Posted by bussinrounds (3114 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

is there been any RPG that has good gameplay?

Again, you're only looking at action RPGs, or from an action gamers perspective.

RPGs with the best gameplay are usually the more tactical/turn based stuff, like Temple of Elemental Evil and Jagged Alliance 2 for instance. Not action RPGs.

#40 Posted by sonicare (56645 posts) -

I need my elder scrolls fix.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#41 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13567 posts) -

Probably too embarrassed after their last dumpster fire they released. Lol

#42 Posted by speedytimsi (925 posts) -

Hahaha...does that mean they are gonna showcase some Fallout 76 DLC?

#43 Edited by Yams1980 (3420 posts) -

I think elder scrolls 6 may have been just a mobile f2p game but now they realize that its probably the only thing that can save them since the Fallout name is forever tarnished. So its time to make a real game again, i doubt this will come out for at least another 3+ years.

Maybe i'll finish Skyrim in the meantime... i kinda slighty corrupted all my saves with mods i was testing out so i may have to start over...