Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24799 Posts

No idea who you dudes consider acceptable youtubers, but here's one (that I personally like) talking about it.

Here's another that I don't know much about, but his anger was pretty amusing.

So. Bethesda thought it would be awesome to add a 100 dollar subscription to their broken game. You will get things that aren't just cosmetic, but enhances the game. Something they said wouldn't happen after the first backlash. This costs more than Netflix, Game Pass or pretty much any other subscription, but is for one broken game.

I just laughed. Thoughts?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36362 Posts

All that matters is money, don't support it, don't get money, solved.

Too much for gamers though.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23698 Posts

It's hilarious. This game is such a trainwreck.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 930 Posts

Honestly, this is probably the last nail in the coffin for me. I've defended Beth, and this game, quite a bit. I think the base game is good, when it's working right. I mean, 76 has a great world that is fun to explore. But yeah, the game is in a constant state of brokenness, and it seems like every patch they put out fixes a few things while breaking (or re-breaking as is often the case) a dozen others. And that's just the tip of the shitberg.

But this....this. $100 a year to get a server in a constantly broken game, when the majority of the fanbase are early adopters that have already paid $60-$100+ for the base game, a game that disconnects every time you sneeze or even blink? Pshhhhhhhh.

BS.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28972 Posts

Yeah I watched some YouTube videos on this including the two you mentioned. I thought that it might have been possible for Bethesda to turn Fallout 76 around and make it into something decent but this certainly doesn’t look to be that. Oh Bethesda. 🤦‍♂️

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39347 Posts

And The Outer Worlds is getting better and better these days.

That really isn't all that much to rent a private server for a year. The thing that is going to get peoples panties in a twist are the other goodies that come along with it. Namely the unlimited crafting storage space and new survival tent.

TastyCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TastyCloud
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

I think Todd is going to make an example of Pete Hines in a public lashing. 1 lick for every Bethesda gamer lost. Or cut off his dominate gaming hand. Bad ideas will not go unpunished, even if it wasn't Pete's. Poor guy!

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2181 Posts

Jez Corden got some screen shots of a fan who got the domain name before bethesda(which now the site is shut down). Pretty funny description for the subscription.

Fyi, the description contains some strong language in case you have minors around you..

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1187307703804321792?s=09

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11100 Posts

The outer worlds. Answer to bethesda fallout.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3522 Posts

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3519 Posts

I've lost all interest in the fallout franchise. 76 was the final straw.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain-  Moderator

Fallout 4 is still okay, didn't really pay much attention to 76.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 xantufrog  Moderator  Online
Member since 2013 • 11911 Posts

There was a time when Bethesda was one of my favorite developers. Morrowind has such a dear place in my heart, and - honestly - Oblivion and FO3 made me super happy, I don't care what some people say. But now...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32049 Posts

The Fallout 1st fan site is like reading someone going through a mental breakdown:

"you also pay for access to your own private Scrapbox. Use the Scrapbox to store all your crafting components so they aren’t taking up space in your Stash Box (Yay pay to win systems!). The Scrapbox has unlimited storage (WAIT WTF SERIOUSLY), so no need to worry about picking and choosing when it comes to hoarding scrap. (I am actually really starting to get pissed the more I read this shit)"

Hilarious xD

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
@BigBadBully said:

Jez Corden got some screen shots of a fan who got the domain name before bethesda(which now the site is shut down). Pretty funny description for the subscription.

Fyi, the description contains some strong language in case you have minors around you..

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1187307703804321792?s=09

Here is the site:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191024101236/http://falloutfirst.com/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I recommend everyone reading this. Comedy gold!

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1053 Posts

Bethesda - Let's charge our fans $100 yearly subscription.

Obsidian - Well dam....here is our game for $1 to try it out for a month.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xantufrog  Moderator  Online
Member since 2013 • 11911 Posts
Ok I wasted enough time on this for the day
Ok I wasted enough time on this for the day

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5150 Posts

did they ever turn this game around even a little bit, or are they just piling shit on top of shit?

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#19 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4163 Posts

Lol Bethesda how far you have fallen.

Ive gone from wanting to preorder ES6 the day you can to I’m going to wait for reviews to see what bullshit they put into it first. If ES6 goes the 76 route Im done with that company

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain-  Moderator

@xantufrog said:

There was a time when Bethesda was one of my favorite developers. Morrowind has such a dear place in my heart, and - honestly - Oblivion and FO3 made me super happy, I don't care what some people say. But now...

I still love and play Skyrim from time to time but as of lately, Todd Howard is getting crazier and crazier by the days, I'm now worried about TES6 even more so.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 261 Posts

When Bethesda initially promised that you could play Fallout 76 alone, I was interested. When it turned out that you couldn't I took about half the money I planned to spend buying fallout 76 and bought three premium tanks in war Thunder instead. Looking at things now those three premium tanks where a much better investment than Fallout 76 could ever be.

I do plan on buying Fallout 4 GOTY edition since I really enjoyed Fallout 4, but own none of the expansions yet. That being said, Fallout 76 has placed a firm barrier between me and other Bethesda products in the future. I'm much rather buy new games form Namco Bandai, or perhaps add a year's worth of premium to my War Thunder account instead.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4322 Posts

New private world was sweet... been waiting for this update and they did not disappoint. I wasnt even expecting to get all the other benefits. Great patch yesterday!

I was expecting it to cost the same as the battlefield private servers, but is was much cheaper. In line with Minecraft and ARK servers. I subbed for the year, having the whole of appalachia wasteland to just you and your team makes a world of difference.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Subspecies

@enzyme36: Is that you, Todd?

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12706 Posts

I would ask for a refund if I'd bought this game at launch. What a trash company.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 enzyme36

@subspecies: lol nice... naw I just enjoy the game. Really was a great update, I think people are just bent over the price... and Bethesda are an easy target right now.

All good tho... I I understand both sides of it.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1573 Posts

Lol that is hilarious, only 100 bucks!

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 637 Posts

The only reason Bethesda pulling stunts like this is because their fans keep slurping it right up. I can’t imagine paying any sort of subscription for a buggy broken Bethesda game, let alone $100, but if they’re somehow still able to move obscene amounts of copies despite their reputation for broken buggy games and money-making schemes, then more power to ‘em. Drain those suckers of every penny they’ll give you.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Subspecies

@enzyme36 said:

@subspecies: lol nice... naw I just enjoy the game. Really was a great update, I think people are just bent over the price... and Bethesda are an easy target right now.

It's cool you enjoy it. I mean, I love this game. I really do. This just kinda pissed me off, and that doesn't happen easily. I can look past quite a bit. But the reality is they delayed Wastelanders, which was fine, but then announced this, which means they were working on this instead of Wastelanders. And then there's the fact of offering endless scrap storage to premium members, when they made all that fuss about having to limit storage up until, all of a sudden, limits don't matter if you're willing to pay. I know the limit applied to the stash box as a whole, but still--why haven't we had unlimited scrap up to this point? It's pure greed. Then, of course, there is the fact of releasing private servers in a game that is, let's face it, freaking broken. I mean, have you tried to do the Vault 94 raid lately? That sh_t is a joke. It's seriously like no one ever tested it to make sure it works. And that's just one example (as I'm sure you know). But anyway, yeah, private servers shouldn't even be a thought until your game is fixed. Which it isn't. And it keeps getting more broken all the time. And then....

....ah, I'll stop here. I could go on and on. I'm starting to sound like all of those haters over on FO76 reddit, and I haven't even gotten into the fact that Bethesda is blatantly ignoring the outcry over the whole cosmetic debacle. I guess when it comes down to it, Bethesda just pushed me a little too far with this. I love the game, but their behavior towards the community, which includes me, has been atrocious, to say the least. I think I'll take a break for a while. I was just waiting for Wastelanders anyway. I'll see how I feel when it comes out next year.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#29  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26931 Posts

@subspecies: I 100% appreciate your perseverance and the fact that you gave this game a real chance. And you even had fun with it, and that's a great thing. I have seen several hours of footage of people just having fun with this game so I know there is good stuff in there.

Though, I bet I have secretly had more fun watching all the stuff happening to this game than I could have had by playing it. I've been watching all the things that went terribly wrong with it from the bag and the cotton shortage to the stolen CC information and anti-cheat messaging, hundreds of bugs, and the mouldy helmets and the plastic bottles. And all the memes and video's that came with it. (16 TIMES THE DETAIL)

I have never before seen a catastrophe quite like this one. It's not so much the scale or the severity of it. I guess it's the coverage and... how it keeps going. The thoroughness of it, in ways. Bethesda has this impeccable comedic timing even with the bad news. It's like some group of people straight out of The IT Crowd started working there in real-life and now we see the result it has on an actual company trying to function in our reality.

Of all the parts so far, I think I enjoyed the Secret Vault part the most. The Cotton Bag episode is a really close second. The people taking these rare items with the smurf accounts and Bethesda XD just panicking and their solutions hahaha oh my goodness I think if I had bought this game I couldn't even be upset about it I just couldn't.

I thought of buying the game just to see some of this stuff for myself in action. And I cannot wait for the NPC's. I just know it's going to be absolutely amazing! I'm hoping for some crazy Andromeda level of animations that don't stop in time. People twisting themselves into a pretzel and stuff. But of course I also hope people can still somehow enjoy playing the game.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Subspecies

@KungfuKitten said:

@subspecies: I 100% appreciate your perseverance and that you gave this game a real chance. Though, I bet I have had more fun with this game from watching all the things that went terribly wrong with it from the bag, to the emails, to the in-game bugs and the mouldy helmets. I have never before seen a catastrophe quite like this one and I was able to enjoy it viewed from many angles and across many months. It was like a tv show, almost. Something new that broke somebody's mind (a fan, or a reviewer, or someone I knew) every month. And I thought it had ended. But it doesn't. It keeps going XD

Lol, it keeps going indeed. As it turns out, premium players are apparently finding that the "private servers" aren't really private, the worlds have areas already looted, pointing to the fact that they are not freshly generated but are recycled, and that the unlimited scrap box is deleting entire junk inventories. This is so incredibly unbelievable. I swear it's like FO76 is some kind of bizarre, covert social experiment to see how far you can effectively push gamers.

https://www.polygon.com/fallout/2019/10/24/20930729/fallout-1st-private-servers-glitches-bugs-problems-scrap-box-pc-ps4-xbox-one

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#31 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13734 Posts

Yeah, I think I'll play the outer worlds on gamepass tomorrow. Lulz

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 6958 Posts

@xantufrog said:

same.

their games studio has had a seriously appalling gen. genuinely embarrassing

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 glez13
Member since 2006 • 9976 Posts

@subspecies:

Yep, it's apparently a running joke.

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k

@KungfuKitten: A so bad it's good game. I've also thought of buying it, just because Fallout 76 has got a legacy going on now.

Like wanting to play Big Rigs: Over the road racing.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19525 Posts

Bethesda... wtf happened to you?! :(

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54299 Posts

Terrible idea, followed by a terrible and broken execution. This seems to be Bethesda in a nutshell nowadays.

Someone bought the domain falloutfirst.com and just rags on it lol.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5553 Posts

Hahah. Gotta cash in and GTFO I guess.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 enzyme36

@subspecies said:
@enzyme36 said:

It's cool you enjoy it. I mean, I love this game. I really do. This just kinda pissed me off, and that doesn't happen easily. I can look past quite a bit. But the reality is they delayed Wastelanders, which was fine, but then announced this, which means they were working on this instead of Wastelanders. And then there's the fact of offering endless scrap storage to premium members, when they made all that fuss about having to limit storage up until, all of a sudden, limits don't matter if you're willing to pay. I know the limit applied to the stash box as a whole, but still--why haven't we had unlimited scrap up to this point? It's pure greed. Then, of course, there is the fact of releasing private servers in a game that is, let's face it, freaking broken. I mean, have you tried to do the Vault 94 raid lately? That sh_t is a joke. It's seriously like no one ever tested it to make sure it works. And that's just one example (as I'm sure you know). But anyway, yeah, private servers shouldn't even be a thought until your game is fixed. Which it isn't. And it keeps getting more broken all the time. And then....

....ah, I'll stop here. I could go on and on. I'm starting to sound like all of those haters over on FO76 reddit, and I haven't even gotten into the fact that Bethesda is blatantly ignoring the outcry over the whole cosmetic debacle. I guess when it comes down to it, Bethesda just pushed me a little too far with this. I love the game, but their behavior towards the community, which includes me, has been atrocious, to say the least. I think I'll take a break for a while. I was just waiting for Wastelanders anyway. I'll see how I feel when it comes out next year.

Never hurts to take a break, FO76 can test your patience for sure...

Yeah the Vault 94 lag was real... But then you go onto Survival Mode with less traffic and the lag was vastly improved. Playing on my private world is the snappiest I have ever seen this game. Smooth as silk. So how I see it was that Wastelanders was done, but every instanced scenario would cause the same lag as Vault 94... they had to push it back to improve the performance because Wastelanders could not launch with that server lag or they were done.

Pushing private servers seems like a solution to that problem to me. They wanted to thin out the adventure server to help lessen the lag when Wastelanders released. We got Wastelanders updates, details, screens at Pax so its not like they havent been working on it.

But whatever... Bethesda bad... screwing over everyone... etcetera etcetera

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13734 Posts

Apparently, the subscription service launched broken. Lulz This gets even better.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#40  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24364 Posts

These sort of practices are really casting a huge shadow for me over whether I want to invest in any future Bethesda games. How can I get excited about Elder Scrolls 6 when it could be released half-baked and full of microtransactions?

People should even be weary about Doom Eternal at this stage just because its published by Bethesda.

Lets just hope people are smart enough not to invest in this and do not encourage them.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28972 Posts

It’s absolutely amazing with just how bad and how far Bethesda has fallen with just this one game.

Guntster22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Guntster22
Member since 2019 • 44 Posts

Would rather play with dog turds than this game. Bethesda, l was once a fan.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10341 Posts

The game itself is really fucking bad. It plays like some bare-bones early access alpha game, where they have yet to add 90% of the game.

But add in the fact it was a $60 release with insane MTX and now a Sub is just.....insulting.

These SUB features should be free.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 822 Posts

Betheseda used to be one of my favorite companies, but since Fallout 76 things have gone seriously wrong.

I have always said that multiplayer / online gaming is the curse of gaming. Instead of hardcore gameplay and immersive single-player experiences, we get some superfluous crap that is increasingly focusing on profit-making instead of passionate gaming.

And with Fallout 76 we have another example of this curse.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

@pmanden said:

Betheseda used to be one of my favorite companies, but since Fallout 76 things have gone seriously wrong.

I have always said that multiplayer / online gaming is the curse of gaming. Instead of hardcore gameplay and immersive single-player experiences, we get some superfluous crap that is increasingly focusing on profit-making instead of passionate gaming.

MP is not cursed. Companies who are obsessed with the bottom line are.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Litchie

@biggest_loser said:

These sort of practices are really casting a huge shadow for me over whether I want to invest in any future Bethesda games. How can I get excited about Elder Scrolls 6 when it could be released half-baked and full of microtransactions?

People should even be weary about Doom Eternal at this stage just because its published by Bethesda.

Lets just hope people are smart enough not to invest in this and do not encourage them.

My excitement for ES6 is loooong gone. Didn't they say they're using the Morrowind engine again for ES6? LOL

Bethesda is impressive. It must be nearly impossible to suck more.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

@pmanden said:

Lol dude, multiplayer saved gaming. Single player games are a borefest of incredible dull anti social gameplay.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Litchie

@subspecies said:
@KungfuKitten said:

@subspecies: I 100% appreciate your perseverance and that you gave this game a real chance. Though, I bet I have had more fun with this game from watching all the things that went terribly wrong with it from the bag, to the emails, to the in-game bugs and the mouldy helmets. I have never before seen a catastrophe quite like this one and I was able to enjoy it viewed from many angles and across many months. It was like a tv show, almost. Something new that broke somebody's mind (a fan, or a reviewer, or someone I knew) every month. And I thought it had ended. But it doesn't. It keeps going XD

Lol, it keeps going indeed. As it turns out, premium players are apparently finding that the "private servers" aren't really private, the worlds have areas already looted, pointing to the fact that they are not freshly generated but are recycled, and that the unlimited scrap box is deleting entire junk inventories. This is so incredibly unbelievable. I swear it's like FO76 is some kind of bizarre, covert social experiment to see how far you can effectively push gamers.

https://www.polygon.com/fallout/2019/10/24/20930729/fallout-1st-private-servers-glitches-bugs-problems-scrap-box-pc-ps4-xbox-one

.... I have no words.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain-  Moderator

I don't understand why some of you gamers keep continuing following Fallout 76? Just go play Fallout 4, at least that game is way better then whatever the hell Bethesda did with the latest game. At this point, 76 is dead weight.