Best option for gaming a on budget? Sony?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

I own a Wii U, 3ds, PS3, Vita, and soon to be PS4. I am strongly considering selling my Wii U and 3DS and gaming primarily on Sony consoles. With the amount of free games given by PS+ on both the PS3 and Vita, I rarely have time to finish all these games. Although Nintendo games are really good, the games always stay in the $40 + range whereas the other games tend to drop a lot faster.

Anyone else think like this? Going all Sony and waiting for the free games and buying fewer games?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

cool story bro

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

My advice is to sell everything and, assuming you're not a PC gamer, stick with the PS4 if money is an issue.

If you can manage, you most definitely should not sell the 3DS. That's a gold mine filled with amazing games and tremendous support.

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

@Lucianu: But the prices of their games never go down. Fire emblem has been out for almost a year and still $40. I know its good but damn lol. Even used its about $32 haha

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

PC is the best for gaming on a budget.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

@mems_1224: Off Topic : Do you possibly own a Blitz Lutador BJJ Gi?

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

@treedoor: The Initial Hardware cost is larger then consoles but you can buy lots of games for cheap if you wait for sales and bundles and you have a choice in the games you get this way.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@illmatic8582 said:

@Lucianu: But the prices of their games never go down. Fire emblem has been out for almost a year and still $40. I know its good but damn lol. Even used its about $32 haha

You could just save up money and purchase one game wen you feel it wont hurt your wallet, man, you don't need to buy a bunch of them in one go or something. I think that's easily manageable.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

If you can barely finish games with just PS+ then I'd advise you to just go with the PS4 then. Remember though that PS+ for the PS4 will only give you 1 free game a month after a while.

Otherwise, get a mid-range PC and buy $2-$10 games during sales.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

Sell your stuff, unless you think that you'll want to play them in the future. I always sell my consoles because after I play a game I just don't care about it anymore. I'll save memories of it on my head, don't need the cover on my shelf reminding me "Oh hey, I liked that game, need to play that again on of these days" without ever touching it again...

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Steam... get a PC that can run Steam games, and over time you will save a fortune in software if you wait for the seasonal sales.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Steam is the best still, IMO, but PS4/PS3/Vita with PS+ is a very strong value without the overhead PC gaming carries.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i rather buy the games i want then waiting and hoping sony puts them up with psn+

have a feeling that sony is going to be offering little less with ps4 this time around. They are basically forcing everyone gets it so If they just keep popping out games like they been doing How many people is really going go out and keep buying games? publishers AND sony is going start losing money off of the actual game sells.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@DJ_Headshot said:

@treedoor: The Initial Hardware cost is larger then consoles but you can buy lots of games for cheap if you wait for sales and bundles and you have a choice in the games you get this way.

Yah, it costs $200+ more to get a PC over a console, but that's really not that much when you think of the perks that come with PC gaming.

You can buy packs of games from the Humble Bundle for any price you want, or get thousands of pieces of free content via mods, or play tons of F2P games, and the awesome deals on Steam/Amazon/GMG are much better than what you get on consoles. Plus there is also the 30 year backlog which is an incredibly huge library of cheap/free games nowadays.

There used to be a time when I made an attempt to buy every console, even some on release date. Now they just seem way too overpriced for me to really consider bothering despite the fact that I actually have money nowadays.

It's hard for to look at a console that "might" get 3-4 high-quality exclusives in a given year, and consider dropping hundreds of dollars on one + an online fee + a fee for all DLC + a premium on all game prices + high-priced accessories. Not when 34 games got put on just Steam in the last week, and there are a few dozen games on sale right now too. PC gaming is pretty crazy nowadays.