Best of 2022: masterpieces & disappointments

  • 91 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

Dear folks, the end of the year draws closer. We are still bickering about pixels nobody gives a damn about so lets take a moment and talk about the games that really mattered this year. The games that caused some true emotions, wether they be bad ones or good ones.

Please vote in this style:

Best games of 2022

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

Most disappointing games of 2022:

1.

2.

3.

Worst games of 2022:

1.

2.

3.

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

Me

Now quit what you were doing and vote already. You might even win some goodies like:

Another year on Gamespot

And many, many other surprises!

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

23111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 23111 Posts

Best

  • Sniper Elite 4
  • Spiderman (PC)

Disappointing

  • Callisto protocol

Worst

  • Gotham Knights

Fav system warrior

  • uninspiredcup
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

Thanks for voting, my friend. I find your list surprising and exhilarating.

I too have Sniper Elite 5 as my GOTY of 2022, will be posting my list here soon ;)

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

41916

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 41916 Posts

Halo/Forza/Gears. ;o

Sorry, I'm just so lazy these dayzzz. lol :P

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

23111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 23111 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Thanks for voting, my friend. I find your list surprising and exhilarating.

I too have Sniper Elite 5 as my GOTY of 2022, will be posting my list here soon ;)

2022 is worst year since 2014. all good games delayed like System shock, STALKER 2 (due to war), Atomic heart.

has all been released it would be been amazing year.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Halo/Forza/Gears. ;o

Sorry, I'm just so lazy these dayzzz. lol :P

Would it help if I changed the thread title to best Gamepass games? :)

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

21694

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 21694 Posts

Best games of 2022

  1. Bloodborne
  2. Elden Ring
  3. Miles Morales
  4. GOW:R
  5. Moss Book 2

Most disappointing games of 2022:

  1. The game Sony is playing with our hearts with still no Bloodborne Bluepoint remake or patch or PC port or sequel
  2. Splatoon 3
  3. Scorn

Worst games of 2022:

  1. System Wars
  2. Pokeymans
  3. Shovelware in the eShop that doesn't stop

Favorite System warrior of 2022:

The ones who know better and just avoid this place

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

52608

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 52608 Posts

Best Games of 2022:

  1. God of War: Ragnarok
  2. Elden Ring
  3. Tunic
  4. Dying Light 2
  5. GhostWire: Tokyo

Most disappointing games of 2022:

  1. Pokemon: Scarlet/Violent
  2. Splatoon 3
  3. The Callisto Protocol

Worst games of 2022:

None for me in 2022

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

  1. @R4gn4r0k
  2. @xantufrog
  3. @BassMan
  4. @goldenelementxl
  5. @Archangel3371
  6. @kvallyx

2022 was pretty good for the games I've played, and none of them were not the worst games. Just about all of them met my expectations.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@davillain: Thanks for the shoutout, I read between the lines that you had a great gaming year in 2022. Here's to lots more 🥳

Avatar image for mesome713
Mesome713

4797

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#10 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 4797 Posts

Best

  1. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  3. Splatoon 3
  4. Bayonetta 3
  5. Neon White

Disappointing

  1. Eldin Ring
  2. GoW: Ragnarok
  3. Horizon Forgotten West
  4. Callisto protocol

Worst

  1. Didnt play any

Systemwarrior of 2022

  1. @KBFloYd
Avatar image for mycatismilk
MyCatIsMilk

838

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 838 Posts

I'm not even sure I've purchased a game released in 2022. I've been catching up on PS4 titles on my PS5. :/

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

40088

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 40088 Posts

Best games 2022:

- Elden Ring

- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

- Kirby and the Forgotten Land

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3

- Bayonetta 3

Most disappointing games:

- The Callisto Protocol

- Pokémon Scarlet/Violet

Worst games:

- Didn’t play any

System warrior of 2022:

- Me

Avatar image for iambatman7986
iambatman7986

4159

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#13 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4159 Posts

Best:

Elden Ring

Ragnarok

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Horizon Forbidden West

Sniper Elite 5

Disappointing:

Gran Turismo

Pokemon Scarlet

Splatoon 3

Scorn

Callisto Protocol

Worst:

I don't have time to play bad games.

Best warrior

Davillain

R4gn4r0k

Kvallyx

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

59363

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 59363 Posts

Best

  • GOW Ragnarok
  • Stray

Disappointing

  • Callisto protocol

Worst

  • Pokemon: Scarlet/Violent

Fav system warrior

  • @SolidGame_basic
Avatar image for mycatismilk
MyCatIsMilk

838

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 838 Posts

Best, I'll change to good, because nothing I played this year is the best. I only remembered Elden Ring being this year because of Archangel.

Good: Elden Ring

Favorite system warrior of 2022:

Hardwenzen (Funny to read)

Mesome713 (Just exudes Nintendo)

Archangel3371 (Most level headed I've seen)

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

23111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 23111 Posts

@mycatismilk said:

Best, I'll change to good, because nothing I played this year is the best. I only remembered Elden Ring being this year because of Archangel.

Good: Elden Ring

Favorite system warrior of 2022:

Hardwenzen (Funny to read)

Mesome713 (Just exudes Nintendo)

Archangel3371 (Most level headed I've seen)

Archangle is happy go lucky. enjoy sunshine and rainbow. never talk bad about any game.

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

52608

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 52608 Posts

@ghosts4ever: And I don't talk about bad games either. You however just aren't an open-minded gamer like me and Archangel.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

23111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 23111 Posts

@davillain said:

@ghosts4ever: And I don't talk about bad games either. You however just aren't an open-minded gamer like me and Archangel.

ok. what about warmblur? he talk more bad about games than me.

Avatar image for shellcase86
shellcase86

6448

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6448 Posts

I'm usually a year behind on games, so my input isn't all that significant. The only 2022 games I played I think were Stray and Horizon. Loved them both, for what it's worth.

Fav System Wars Warrior: Pedro hands down.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

21526

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 21526 Posts

Best games of 2022

  1. Symphony of War
  2. Kirby: Forgotten Land
  3. Pokemon Legends Arceus
  4. Infernax
  5. Crusader Kings 3 (I got it this year so yeah :P)

Note: I am not including Dwarf Fortress here because I just played it. But so far my early impressions have been VERY positive. As in, it could overtake Symphony as my personal GOTY.

Most disappointing games of 2022:

  1. Elden Ring

Worst games of 2022:

  1. Elden Ring
  2. Lost Ark

Best Posters

  1. R4gn4r0k
  2. Archangel
  3. Solidgame_Basic

Funniest Poster

  1. Hardwenzen
Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

26065

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#21 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 26065 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Most disappointing games of 2022:

  1. Elden Ring

Worst games of 2022:

  1. Elden Ring
  2. Lost Ark

Trolling Elden Ring yet again. Aren't you tired? I am tired of hearing it, but you're not tired of spamming it on SW every chance you get. Enough is enough.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Note: I am not including Dwarf Fortress here because I just played it. But so far my early impressions have been VERY positive. As in, it could overtake Symphony as my personal GOTY.

Rock on man, that's great to hear!

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

10869

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 10869 Posts

Best games of 2022

1. Elden Ring

2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3

3. TMNT Shredders Revenge

Most disappointing games of 2022:

1. Pokemon Legends Arceus

2. Callisto Protocol

3. GhostWire: Tokyo

Worst games of 2022:

1. Pokemon: Scarlet/Violet

2. Scorn

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

Pedro

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

21694

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#24 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 21694 Posts

True Pedro's great because he never posts anything. Y'all should learn from that.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

4939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 4939 Posts

Best games

1. God of War : Ragnarok

2. Elden Ring

3. Horizon Forbidden West

4. TMNT: Shredders Revenge

Most disappointing games

1. The Callisto Protocol

2. Gotham Knights

Worst games

1. Pokemon: Scarlet/Violet

I can't vote on favorite system warrior haven't been on here enough.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@silentchief: That's ok, I read Ragnarok in your list so I'm just gonna assume you meant me :)

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

53503

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 53503 Posts

Best

  • Halflife 2 VR

Disappointing

  • Shadow Warrior OG

Worst

    • Shadow Warrior OG

Fav system warrior

R4gn4r0k

Ghosts

Conan

These are the only good users, most of the other users (i.e. almost everyone above) are mediocre stains on a dying forum.

Haven't been gaming much this year. Barely bought any new games. Halflife 2: VR was the clear highlight, it's a magical experience, like playing it again for the first time through new eyes.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

11288

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#28 with_teeth26  Online
Member since 2007 • 11288 Posts

I'm not done playing stuff but will vote based on what I've played. I suspect GoW Ragnorak will be in my top 5 for this year once I play it, but that likely wont be for a bit.

Best:

  1. Elden Ring
  2. Plague Tale Requiem
  3. Grounded
  4. Pentiment
  5. Modern Warfare 2 (2)

Disappointing:

  1. Isonzo
  2. Call of the Wild: The Angler
  3. Elex 2

Worst:

- I feel confident I didn't play any of the actual worst games that came out this year.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

I'm not done playing stuff but will vote based on what I've played. I suspect GoW Ragnorak will be in my top 5 for this year once I play it, but that likely wont be for a bit.

Best:

  1. Elden Ring
  2. Plague Tale Requiem
  3. Grounded
  4. Pentiment
  5. Modern Warfare 2 (2)

Disappointing:

  1. Isonzo
  2. Call of the Wild: The Angler
  3. Elex 2

Worst:

- I feel confident I didn't play any of the actual worst games that came out this year.

Seems like you gave a lot of different games and genres a try.

I'm already discovering games yet that would end up in the top five. And I've yet to give Ragnarok and Horizon FW a fair chance.

What makes you say Isonzo is disappointing? :)

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

17123

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#30 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17123 Posts

I'm just going to go by what i played this year because i am way too lazy to check for release dates.

Best games of 2022:

  1. Monster Hunter Rise. More Monster hunter: nuff said. I switched from the Lance to the Greatsword for this one so i found it tough in places. GS is kinda the opposite of the lance in play styles. Still need to get to the sunbreak content though.
  2. Xenoblade 3. Monolithsoft are mostly back on track. great game....thank god.
  3. Doom Eternal. Manic fun. It's bonkers and it has a wry sense of humour.
  4. FF7 Remake. I liked most of it. Some bonkers decisions and some wait and see elements but great combat, it does well when it builds on the base material and just all round good game (except for that one boss fight which is BS).
  5. Ever Oasis on the 3DS. A neat little adventure and town development game. A nice way to start a saturday morning.

Disappointing of 2022:

  1. The Interlude Chapter in FF7 Remake was pretty meh.

Worst of 2022: ^^^^^^.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

11288

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By with_teeth26  Online
Member since 2007 • 11288 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Seems like you gave a lot of different games and genres a try.

I'm already discovering games yet that would end up in the top five. And I've yet to give Ragnarok and Horizon FW a fair chance.

What makes you say Isonzo is disappointing? :)

I didn't like the game mode compared to the previous games from the devs, and the maps were super choke-point heavy. attacking was just not much fun, you'd just be running into endless grenade spam and artillery.

I really liked Tannenberg so it was a letdown, despite looking quite nice for a budget game. I'm pretty sure Tannenberg had bigger maps and a higher player count which gave more options for flanking etc. and the only fully automatic weapons were mounted machine guns.

I realize they had to make some changes for the different setting just not a fan of the direction they went in

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

53503

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 53503 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

Disappointing:

  1. Elex 2

Forgot this had a sequel.

Not surprising though PB tend to be hit and miss.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Seems like you gave a lot of different games and genres a try.

I'm already discovering games yet that would end up in the top five. And I've yet to give Ragnarok and Horizon FW a fair chance.

What makes you say Isonzo is disappointing? :)

I didn't like the game mode compared to the previous games from the devs, and the maps were super choke-point heavy. attacking was just not much fun, you'd just be running into endless grenade spam and artillery.

I really liked Tannenberg so it was a letdown, despite looking quite nice for a budget game. I'm pretty sure Tannenberg had bigger maps and a higher player count which gave more options for flanking etc. and the only fully automatic weapons were mounted machine guns.

I realize they had to make some changes for the different setting just not a fan of the direction they went in

Yeah I get ya, I started playing and to me it instantly felt familiar as I played basically nothing but Operations in BF 1 and Breakthrough in BF V. I never played the previous WW1 games.

But yeah the grenade spam soon turned into a issue, grenades got nerfed several times.

Getting killed by call ins isn't fun and I get Ins sandstorm flashbacks where I'm not having fun getting killed by unbeatable air units (I never had that issue with RO 2 or DOI call ins, as it seemed playing smart there would get you a lot further than blindly running into an obj).

I join matches of Isonzo now and I'm just completely lost: am I on the attacking team? Am I on the defending team? I wish the game would've done even more to copy Battlefield succesfully, and perhaps even sacrificed historical authenticity in favor of team, if the end result turns out better.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts
@osan0 said:

I'm just going to go by what i played this year because i am way too lazy to check for release dates.

Best games of 2022:

  1. Monster Hunter Rise. More Monster hunter: nuff said. I switched from the Lance to the Greatsword for this one so i found it tough in places. GS is kinda the opposite of the lance in play styles. Still need to get to the sunbreak content though.
  2. Xenoblade 3. Monolithsoft are mostly back on track. great game....thank god.
  3. Doom Eternal. Manic fun. It's bonkers and it has a wry sense of humour.
  4. FF7 Remake. I liked most of it. Some bonkers decisions and some wait and see elements but great combat, it does well when it builds on the base material and just all round good game (except for that one boss fight which is BS).
  5. Ever Oasis on the 3DS. A neat little adventure and town development game. A nice way to start a saturday morning.

Disappointing of 2022:

  1. The Interlude Chapter in FF7 Remake was pretty meh.

Worst of 2022: ^^^^^^.

Every year is a good year to mention Doom Eternal!

You mean integrate in FF7? The Yuffie DLC?

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

21526

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 21526 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Most disappointing games of 2022:

  1. Elden Ring

Worst games of 2022:

  1. Elden Ring
  2. Lost Ark

Trolling Elden Ring yet again. Aren't you tired? I am tired of hearing it, but you're not tired of spamming it on SW every chance you get. Enough is enough.

Thread is about the best and worst games of the year. I merely gave my answer. Get over it.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Maroxad said:

Note: I am not including Dwarf Fortress here because I just played it. But so far my early impressions have been VERY positive. As in, it could overtake Symphony as my personal GOTY.

Rock on man, that's great to hear!

Oh yeah :D And I will also try that Half Life 2 mod later on once I am done with TO:R. So many games in the past few month.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

11288

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By with_teeth26  Online
Member since 2007 • 11288 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Disappointing:

  1. Elex 2

Forgot this had a sequel.

Not surprising though PB tend to be hit and miss.

mainly it just felt unfinished. Like, the first 15-20 hours was typical PB game stuff with some fun quests checking out the different factions and the usual bad combat but you are super underpowered which makes it kinda fun cause the world feels dangerous. Enjoyable enough.

but then the next 20 hours the fun quests pretty much vanished and replaced with just "go to x location and kill y enemies" so it was just bad combat and very few fun quests. Like they didn't have time to populate the second half of the game with proper quests so just filled it with endless battles to stretch it to 50+ hours.

i never did finish it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

40131

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 40131 Posts

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I'm not voting my GOTY until 2022 actually ends 😮 Cause, you know, there are still games I need to play..

Avatar image for Renegade_Fury
Renegade_Fury

21457

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#38 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21457 Posts

GOTY/The only new games that I played for more than 2 hours:

  1. Sonic Frontiers
  2. TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

My actual most played games in 2022:

  1. Dokkan Battle
  2. P5R
  3. SoR4
  4. Sonic Frontiers
  5. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

Best users: SolidGame_Basic and Jag85

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

10057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Best games of 2022

Most disappointing games of 2022:

Worst games of 2022:

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

23111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#40 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 23111 Posts

@warmblur said:

Best games of 2022

Most disappointing games of 2022:

Worst games of 2022:

lets forget. this is worst possible year since 2014.

lets talk about who is your best system warrior?

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

17123

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17123 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@osan0 said:

I'm just going to go by what i played this year because i am way too lazy to check for release dates.

Best games of 2022:

  1. Monster Hunter Rise. More Monster hunter: nuff said. I switched from the Lance to the Greatsword for this one so i found it tough in places. GS is kinda the opposite of the lance in play styles. Still need to get to the sunbreak content though.
  2. Xenoblade 3. Monolithsoft are mostly back on track. great game....thank god.
  3. Doom Eternal. Manic fun. It's bonkers and it has a wry sense of humour.
  4. FF7 Remake. I liked most of it. Some bonkers decisions and some wait and see elements but great combat, it does well when it builds on the base material and just all round good game (except for that one boss fight which is BS).
  5. Ever Oasis on the 3DS. A neat little adventure and town development game. A nice way to start a saturday morning.

Disappointing of 2022:

  1. The Interlude Chapter in FF7 Remake was pretty meh.

Worst of 2022: ^^^^^^.

Every year is a good year to mention Doom Eternal!

You mean integrate in FF7? The Yuffie DLC?

Yeah. The DLC was meh I thought. it didnt really add anything. The Fort Condor Minigame was a laugh but it was forgettable otherwise imho.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

26065

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#42 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 26065 Posts

@Maroxad: I will never get it over because the game doesn't deserve to be trolled by you.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

23111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#43 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 23111 Posts

@osan0 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@osan0 said:

I'm just going to go by what i played this year because i am way too lazy to check for release dates.

Best games of 2022:

  1. Monster Hunter Rise. More Monster hunter: nuff said. I switched from the Lance to the Greatsword for this one so i found it tough in places. GS is kinda the opposite of the lance in play styles. Still need to get to the sunbreak content though.
  2. Xenoblade 3. Monolithsoft are mostly back on track. great game....thank god.
  3. Doom Eternal. Manic fun. It's bonkers and it has a wry sense of humour.
  4. FF7 Remake. I liked most of it. Some bonkers decisions and some wait and see elements but great combat, it does well when it builds on the base material and just all round good game (except for that one boss fight which is BS).
  5. Ever Oasis on the 3DS. A neat little adventure and town development game. A nice way to start a saturday morning.

Disappointing of 2022:

  1. The Interlude Chapter in FF7 Remake was pretty meh.

Worst of 2022: ^^^^^^.

Every year is a good year to mention Doom Eternal!

You mean integrate in FF7? The Yuffie DLC?

Yeah. The DLC was meh I thought. it didnt really add anything. The Fort Condor Minigame was a laugh but it was forgettable otherwise imho.

yuffie DLC was trash. sure.

the base game is incredible. but its 2020 game console and 2021 game for PC.

I think last year was pretty good.

Hitman 3, Deathloop, FF7.

Avatar image for stacweed11
stacweed11

332

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#44 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 332 Posts

Best games of 2022

1. God of War Ragnarok

2. Elden Ring

3. Horizon forbidden west

4. Sifu

Most disappointing games of 2022:

1. Halo infinite (I know it's a late 2021 release but theyre still finishing it)

Worst games of 2022:

1. Stray

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

Hardwenzen

Avatar image for mtron32
mtron32

4408

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#45 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4408 Posts

Best games of 2022

1. Elden Ring

2. Vampire Survivors

3. Cyberpunk 2077 (played it late)

Most disappointing games of 2022:

1. God of War 2018 (I played it late)

2. God of War Ragnarock (just assuming it's bad based on the weight of 2018)

Worst games of 2022:

1. God of War (2018), I'm amazed at how bad the combat in this game is and what's with the camera?

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

Alright here it goes. I think a lot went wrong this year in gaming, games I had been hyped about for years (Dying Light 2) turned out mediocre and full of unfulfilled promises, but overall this has been a fantastic year for me, and I think I played more games that released in the current year than ever before.

With games that can be described as art (Stray), games that genuinly surprised me (Need for Speed) and even games that are yet to release this year: tumble time.

Best games of 2022

1. Sniper Elite 5

2. Entropy Zero 2

3. Need for Speed Unbound

4. Starship Troopers

5. Stray

Most disappointing games of 2022:

1. Grid Legends

2. Dying Light 2

3. Ghostwire Tokyo

Worst games of 2022:

1. The Quarry

2. Life is strange remasters

3. Warzone 2.0

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

@BassMan

@uninspiredcup

@SolidGame_basic

@davillain

@TheEroica

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

3248

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3248 Posts

Best games of 2022

1. GOW:R

2.Elden Ring

3. Sifu

I only play game that i like and i dont have much time to play games.

Most disappointing games of 2022:

1.

2.

3.

N/A. I dont play games that doesnt interest me one bit.

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

Solidgame_basic and hardwenzen

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@___gamemaster__: Sifu is a fantastic choice, I love what they managed to achieve through mods

Loading Video...

Good to hear you had a solid year in gaming ;)

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

9259

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#49 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 9259 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Best games of 2022

1. elden ring

2. returnal (late to the party)

3. demon's souls remake (not late to the party, but my most played game this year)

4. ragnarok (not keen on all aspects but still a lot to appreciate)

Most disappointing games of 2022:

1. forbidden west (really enjoyed the first horizon, could not get into the sequel)

2. mass effect collection (late to the party again but hasn't aged well gameplay-wise)

3. callisto protocol (not played it but reviews were v disappointing)

Favourite System warrior of 2022:

wenzen - best pound for pound pure system warrior, conan - generally most articulate, good to see him post more recently, cup - representing great britain, and honourable mentions to people like ragnorak, solid and other frequent thread creators and contributors for keeping the forum going with their enjoyment and enthusiasm for gaming

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

42495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42495 Posts

@Macutchi: As a big fan of Horizon I could also not get into the sequel. It's not the characters, it's not the side missions, those are all great.

For me it's definintely the combat. The melee combat was supposed to have this huge improvement... I didn't notice it, it felt as clunky as before.

In Zero Dawn the combat requires you to be smart and stay on your feet, movement and precision are key to taking down huge enemies, while using the right bow or arrow is also a big factor.

In the sequel none of that seems to matter: precision, that really doesn't play a big role. The only thing that matters is using the right element against the right enemy.

What that meant for me in practice is that I had zero fun switching between all 12 ammo types that I had with me and enemies always seemed to require that 13th elemental ammo type.