Best new villain of this gen.

#1 Edited by texasgoldrush (12801 posts) -

Really, this is so easy, no contest. One of the greatest gaming villains of all time.

#2 Posted by pelvist (7367 posts) -

Id have to go with Vaas personally. I don't even remember this guy for HOS.

#3 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6682 posts) -

Publishers

#4 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

Samuel Hyden of Doom Easily. Cant wait to see his role in Doom Eternal.

#5 Posted by Sevenizz (3643 posts) -

Sony customer service.

#6 Posted by Litchie (23718 posts) -

None have been very memorable for me.

@Gamerno6666 said:

Publishers

That is actually a great answer.

@ghosts4ever: Nah, he was too obvious. You knew his stance from the beginning. In the end he just came and said what he's been saying through all the game, "we can't stop doing what we do, it's too important, we still need it, bla bla bla.", and then he took the key thing. If you thought he'd do something else, you haven't payed any sort of attention to him earlier.

#7 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@Litchie said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Publishers

@ghosts4ever: Nah, he was too obvious. You knew his stance from the beginning. In the end he just came and said what he's been saying through all the game, "we can't stop doing what we do, it's too important, we still need it, bla bla bla.", and then he took the key thing. If you thought he'd do something else, you haven't payed any sort of attention to him earlier.

but he is one great villain that ended in cliffhanger ending so i really cannot wait to see what will Doom Slayer will do to him if they meet again.

#8 Posted by Litchie (23718 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Publishers

but he is one great villain that ended in cliffhanger ending so i really cannot wait to see what will Doom Slayer will do to him if they meet again.

Meh, he's a dude who sees potential in harvesting hell and believes we have to do it to survive / thrive (or he wants to continue for personal gains, who knows). DOOM slayer just want to kill everything associated with demons, and their stances will clash in Eternal and I predict DOOM slayer will have to kill him at some point.

Boring regular videogame stuff.

#9 Posted by Howmakewood (5801 posts) -

Yeah Gaunter.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#10 Posted by slimdogmilionar (1088 posts) -

EA

#11 Edited by biggest_loser (24310 posts) -

Glados from Portal 2.

#12 Posted by Ten_Pints (3758 posts) -

Konami for killing their entire gaming IP.

#13 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

Tim Sweeney and Soulja Boy.

#14 Posted by Fedor (4640 posts) -

It's Gaunter, easily.

#15 Posted by uninspiredcup (32814 posts) -

Struggling to think of anyone interesting. Mr X, but he's not technically new.

Just from (very recent) memory I quite liked Kronika, the entire story is power-rangers level shite but her design and performance by Jennifer Hale was top notch. She also doesn't seem to be indicated as "bad" at any point.. In fact, was she really a bad guy?

Loading Video...

Technically Loo Spam just destroyed the time-line as she was going to do anyway, but made it specifically to suit him.

They also ripped off Dragonball and that scene from Infinity War. Pretty fucking shameless.

#16 Posted by Vaidream45 (1850 posts) -

EA

#17 Edited by DaVillain- (36073 posts) -

The newest villain this gen I find interesting is Joseph Seed from Far Cry 5 only because I like Religion Zealots and for a cult leader, he's like Thanos in a way.

@ghosts4ever said:

Samuel Hyden of Doom Easily. Cant wait to see his role in Doom Eternal.

But he's not a true villain, Dr. Samuel Hayden is just a ruthless business man that he see anything benefiting his own agenda. He help Doomguy throughout the game and despite his methods were ruthless, he's not a true villain.

#18 Posted by enzyme36 (4153 posts) -
Tragic family man
Tragic family man

Jack Baker definitely takes the cake for me.

#19 Posted by DaVillain- (36073 posts) -

@enzyme36 said:
Tragic family man
Tragic family man

I actually wish he was more in it. The part where you're being stalked by him in the house was tense and creepy but he's gone pretty soon, only to show up in a in my opinion, crappy boss fight. So, actually mixed feelings about him. He was my favorite of all the villains in RE7 but he's terribly underused. A crazy Hillbilly man running after me with an axe, that part where he comes out of the burning car and goes "now look what ya done motherfucker" just sounds so damn cartoonish lol.

His Wife was getting more interested until she turned Alien wannabe.

#20 Posted by Archangel3371 (27588 posts) -

Lootboxes.

#21 Posted by Star67 (4368 posts) -

I don't really think there was a Darth Vader level villain this gen, but I'll list some good ones.

Doc Oc in Spiderman PS4

Tsuneo Iwami in Yakuza 6 was a great bad guy

Baulder in God of War

#22 Posted by with_teeth26 (9479 posts) -
@biggest_loser said:

Glados from Portal 2.

She's from last gen friendo!

you are living in the past!

#23 Posted by pmanden (589 posts) -

How about the guy from Resident Evil 7 that kills the policeman in the garage? The sonuvabitch is burning, yet he is still insulting me. What a bad-ass. (See the picture in my profile in "images".)

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#24 Edited by Blackhairedhero (3221 posts) -

I'd have to go with Gaunter o Dimm.

An outstanding expansion to an amazing game.

#25 Posted by Techhog89 (3713 posts) -

Bethesda

#26 Edited by Vaasman (13639 posts) -

Gaunter is a fine enough choice but it's mostly by default under the parameters of the thread. Most of the villains this gen have been pretty shit.

Only other ones that kinda stands out to me is Eothas from PoE 2, and Monika from Doki Doki.

#27 Posted by AJStyles (739 posts) -

Game “journalists” and their never ending war against gamers.

All we want to do is enjoy games, but journalists want to push agendas and tell us we can’t have fun in our games. How dare we enjoy beautiful women with big boobs!

#28 Posted by enzyme36 (4153 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@enzyme36 said:
Tragic family man
Tragic family man

I actually wish he was more in it. The part where you're being stalked by him in the house was tense and creepy but he's gone pretty soon, only to show up in a in my opinion, crappy boss fight. So, actually mixed feelings about him. He was my favorite of all the villains in RE7 but he's terribly underused. A crazy Hillbilly man running after me with an axe, that part where he comes out of the burning car and goes "now look what ya done motherfucker" just sounds so damn cartoonish lol.

His Wife was getting more interested until she turned Alien wannabe.

I totally agree with your take. Getting stalked in the house was real terrifying but brief.

My original reply was going to be the whole Baker family, as you get passed from Jack to Margariette and then the son. But I had to pick one. Jack even returns in End of Zoe DLC and he puts up a good boxing match.

#30 Posted by mazuiface (828 posts) -

From a game, Jack Baker for me. Resident Evil 7 was more of an awesome ride than a horror story, but it's fun.

The real villains are the publishers, as others have stated. EA, Epic Games, Bethesda, etc.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#32 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3221 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: lol the name Loo Spam instead of Lu Kang made me spit my drink up.

Well done.

#33 Posted by AdobeArtist (25111 posts) -
@Gamerno6666 said:

Publishers

Winner!

#34 Posted by lamprey263 (36049 posts) -

Only thing coming to mind at moment is the (not sure what they're called) the ubergrunt mechanized armored bosses in Halo 5 Warzone, they're comical but formidable.

#35 Posted by BassMan (10038 posts) -

Jaguar CPU. Tortured many souls with 30fps bottleneck. Truly Evil.

#36 Posted by henrythefifth (2225 posts) -

The Mysterious Stranger aka Baldur from God of War. He was deliciously nuts, which made him more interesting than your average bad guys.

#37 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

Uh really hated the TR reboot guy... whatever his name was....