Before we rip on the X360 and 3 red rings of death, lets not....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

forget that Sony is the only console maker in history to settle a class action lawsuit because of hardware failures (PS2 optical drives)  http://video-games.elliottback.com/2005/11/11/sony-settles-ps2-lawsuit/

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Pointing the flaws of a competitor doesnt diminish the flaws of your own.
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

forget that Sony is the only console maker in history to settle a class action lawsuit because of hardware failures (PS2 optical drives) http://video-games.elliottback.com/2005/11/11/sony-settles-ps2-lawsuit/

Danthegamingman

And don't forget

http://www.ps2settlement.com

ross131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ross131313
Member since 2004 • 3357 Posts
Also, alot of the 360 hardware failures are because of people allowing their systems to overheat,(Aka, playing for a long time, letting the 360 get super hot, and then turning the system off (Which shuts off the fans) and letting it just bake) I have had my 360 for over a year, zero problems because if the thing is smoking hott, I leave it on for 15 extra minutes and allow it to cool down.
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
Pointing the flaws of a competitor doesnt diminish the flaws of your own.XaosII
No, but it's funny how Sony fans seem to have forgotten about the PS2 and PS1 hardware problems.
NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts

Is this a joke?

3 red lights

Tray engines that dont work

Audio fidelity problems

Overheating issues

Disc Scratching 

The myriad of problems plaguing 360 are legion.

The whole farce that is the "new" chip is merely a mask for a massive hardware redesign. At least thats what it looks like to me...

Edit: I mean come ON!! Extended Warranty for a problem hovering in the 2-3% LOL!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

forget that Sony is the only console maker in history to settle a class action lawsuit because of hardware failures (PS2 optical drives)  http://video-games.elliottback.com/2005/11/11/sony-settles-ps2-lawsuit/

Danthegamingman

What does that have to do with the wide-spread and numerous problems the 360 has had?  They suddenly aren't so bad because Sony did it last gen?   That is not only the most fanboy thing somebody can say, but it's just a display of blatant ignorance as well.   That's like saying somebody you like isn't so bad a murderer because somebody else you don't like was a murderer first.

PLUS, being sued isn't an example of the consoles problems so much as an example of how the company treats the customer.   Sony's problem wasn't the PS2 hardware but the way they refused to remedy the problem for angry consumers.  MS has lied over and over again about the problems of the 360 (3%?  Lowest failure rate of any console ever? not a widespread problem?) but they have also fixed many of the consoles for people AND even offered free lifetime warranties to people who bought a launch 360.   As long as the customers believe MS is listening, they won't sue.

BUT, time will tell what ultimately happens.  If people who get their console fixed keep having problems, or if new issues creep up, who knows how customers will react.  And I mean real customers...not lemmings who clearly think MS can do no wrong.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sooshy

Also, alot of the 360 hardware failures are because of people allowing their systems to overheat,(Aka, playing for a long time, letting the 360 get super hot, and then turning the system off (Which shuts off the fans) and letting it just bake) I have had my 360 for over a year, zero problems because if the thing is smoking hott, I leave it on for 15 extra minutes and allow it to cool down.ross131313

1. They are marketing the 360 towards hardcore gamers. If they didn't make it so you could play it for long periods of time, then that is a mistake on MS's end.

2. The 360 gets hot because it's on, how does leaving it on cool it down? 

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Danthegamingman

In June 1, 2007 European Commissioner for Consumer ProtectionMeglena Kuneva announced that the European Commission would investigate the Xbox scratching problems, and would ask Microsoft for an Xbox replacement program for the whole of Europe. She expects Microsoft's answer within a week.

In response to the Fall Update error that "bricked" (rendered useless) his console, Mr. Kevin Ray of California has filed a ****action lawsuit against Microsoft in Washington federal court in early December of 2006 [33]. The lawsuit seeks $5 million dollars in damages and the free repair of any console bricked by the Fall Update. This will be the second such lawsuit filed against Microsoft, the first having been filed in December of 2005, shortly after the 360's launch.

Sony learned from their mistake and using NEW tech., which has a higher chance of failure, managed to put out a solid system with very few failures.  The 360 however uses less new technology and has a huge problems with failure. 

hellrazor06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hellrazor06
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
i love how lemmings bring up a last gen console to hide there own consoles faults, low
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
that doesnt change the fact that 360s arent reliable.
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
i dont get why is it that when us cows compare the ps2 sales to 360/ps3 sales they say that was last gen this is now, and yet they bring up stuff like this. lemmins. besides the ps2 had one major problem with it, the laser. now lets add up how many things are wrong with the 360. i dont even have the time to write all that but you know the list.
iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

indeed he is using a escape goat to get people to look at the ps2 and forget about 360. it like my bro he is gaining pounds i told him he is getting fat and he said " i am not fat cus you are fater then i am" by his logic cus someone is fater then he is means he is not fat . well my mom is fater then i am so i gues i am not fat 2. 

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sooshy
Cows, he isn't saying the 360 doesn't have problems. He's just saying that maybe Sony fans shouldn't be so quick to laugh at poor hardware. You were in the same, if not worse, boat last gen.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

Theres one flaw with this lem argument... the DRE generally took AT LEAST 2 years to become any problem (if it did)... then sony fixed it for free...

How long has 360 been out? 

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

[QUOTE="XaosII"]Pointing the flaws of a competitor doesnt diminish the flaws of your own.iamanoobkillme

indeed he is using a escape goat to get people to look at the ps2 and forget about 360. it like my bro he is gaining pounds i told him he is getting fat and he said " i am not fat cus you are fater then i am" by his logic cus someone is fater then he is means he is not fat . well my mom is fater then i am so i gues i am not fat 2. 

I have a PS2, PS3, and a X360 thank you very much!!!  All I am saying is don't be a hypocrit and make fun of X360 hardware issues if you were a PS2 supporter.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
[QUOTE="iamanoobkillme"]

[QUOTE="XaosII"]Pointing the flaws of a competitor doesnt diminish the flaws of your own.Danthegamingman

I have a PS2, PS3, and a X360 thank you very much!!! All I am saying is don't be a hypocrit and make fun of X360 hardware issues if you were a PS2 supporter.

\

Lemmings constantly ripped cows over DRE.

Are you seriously expecting all cows to say "oh, Lemmings, we understand your plight with hardware issues and sympathize with it." Yeah..... Right. If you werent expecting vitriol you'd have to be crazy or a fool. 

iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
[QUOTE="iamanoobkillme"]

[QUOTE="XaosII"]Pointing the flaws of a competitor doesnt diminish the flaws of your own.Danthegamingman

I have a PS2, PS3, and a X360 thank you very much!!! All I am saying is don't be a hypocrit and make fun of X360 hardware issues if you were a PS2 supporter.

yeah thats true it does have problems but that not mean 360 does not . the thing is microsoft does not want to fix it and they wont unles some law makes them . they want people to send there system in to get fix or for them to rebuy it . i am sure millions of the ps2 are rebuys but in the future i am sure i will be the same with 360 . my ps1 ps2 and psp both busted ! my ps2 busted 2 times first time i got it fixed then i replaced it when it busted agian . my psp busted 2 times as well and my ps1 busted once by mistake and the other time was cus i got a chip for it . 

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="iamanoobkillme"]

[QUOTE="XaosII"]Pointing the flaws of a competitor doesnt diminish the flaws of your own.XaosII

\

Lemmings constantly ripped cows over DRE.

Are you seriously expecting all cows to say "oh, Lemmings, we understand your plight with hardware issues and sympathize with it." Yeah..... Right. If you werent expecting vitriol you'd have to be crazy or a fool.

Yep, hit the nail right on the head.

Besides this is System Wars, fanboys will use any excuse to make fun of a console.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Get a Warranty thats what I did for both my PS2 and, 360 :)
Guyzea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Guyzea
Member since 2005 • 1276 Posts

Is this a joke?

3 red lights

Audio fidelity problems

Overheating issues

Disc Scratching

The whole farce that is the "new" chip is merely a mask for a massive hardware redesign. At least thats what it looks like to me...

Edit: I mean come ON!! Extended Warranty for a problem hovering in the 2-3% LOL!!

NextGenNow

So just because you've read reports on the internet of a few thousand people with problems, that immediatelly means that the other millions have problems too?? You sir are a fanboy/troll. and what? Bovine Pride? I feel embarassed for you.

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts
That was how many years after the PS2 launch?  360 still has plenty of time to get sued.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

I think that is called "Void Argumentative"

alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts

Also, alot of the 360 hardware failures are because of people allowing their systems to overheat,(Aka, playing for a long time, letting the 360 get super hot, and then turning the system off (Which shuts off the fans) and letting it just bake) I have had my 360 for over a year, zero problems because if the thing is smoking hott, I leave it on for 15 extra minutes and allow it to cool down.ross131313

so to cool it down you just leave it on on the dashboard menu, without it running a disc? 

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="ross131313"]Also, alot of the 360 hardware failures are because of people allowing their systems to overheat,(Aka, playing for a long time, letting the 360 get super hot, and then turning the system off (Which shuts off the fans) and letting it just bake) I have had my 360 for over a year, zero problems because if the thing is smoking hott, I leave it on for 15 extra minutes and allow it to cool down.alcarazo9

so to cool it down you just leave it on on the dashboard menu, without it running a disc? 

A lot of friends of mine do the same , You should have sakura haruno fanbar pal , I can get you one if you want :wink:

7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts

Might be better to campare the PS3 and 360 if they ever get close to the same install base or somehow compare the failure rate timetable over install base milestones, maybe 2 mill at a time.  Not enough info flying around to really make this diagram.

Side note - Only console to be defective EVER is my Wii.

wiljas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 wiljas
Member since 2003 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="XaosII"]Pointing the flaws of a competitor doesnt diminish the flaws of your own.Sooshy
No, but it's funny how Sony fans seem to have forgotten about the PS2 and PS1 hardware problems.

No it's funny how Xbox fans have to bring it up. the PS2 and PS1 problems are in the Past and have since been taken care of. Xbox360 problems are still here and are causeing more damage than just a optical problem.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

This is funny stuff right here. You mention anything about the original Xbox and the 360 fans all jump up and down screaming how they were not supporters of that system.

Yet when it comes to the Sony fans, everyone that likes the Playstation 3 is automatically someone that supported the Playstation 2. :| 

sunscorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sunscorch
Member since 2004 • 2512 Posts
even offered free lifetime warranties to people who bought a launch 360.   As long as the customers believe MS is listening, they won't sue.

ZIMdoom

i really need a link to that. i know serveral people who can benifit from that info.

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
[QUOTE="NextGenNow"]

Is this a joke?

3 red lights

Audio fidelity problems

Overheating issues

Disc Scratching

Guyzea

So just because you've read reports on the internet of a few thousand people with problems, that immediatelly means that the other millions have problems too?? You sir are a fanboy/troll. and what? Bovine Pride? I feel embarassed for you.

I had to return 3 ps3's before I finally gave up on it. 2 of them had MAJOR video problems, 3rd wouldnt turn on. I never complained about it b/c I had just as many problems with the ps2 and sort of expected it.

I guess every gamer has had this problem with his logic, so why is he defending a company that does the same? 

7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 7thSIN
Good ole hardware defects, I remember the launch ps1's had faulty gpu's and all 3d games had poly spikes everywhere.
Rev2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rev2221
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

hey you know what?

I've had my PS2 for almost 7 years and it only froze ONCE beause the disk i bought used was scratched!

and guess what?! my xbox 360 gave me disk read on the first day of me playing it. after 4 months of me playing the thing like twice a week it died last night. no red lights... just freezes after being on for 2 minutes every time i turn it on.

the 360 is a piece of garbage. 

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts
just bye an elite thats what i did. after error 74 on orginal. as seen below on my channel.
Avatar image for Radeon_X1950XTX
Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Radeon_X1950XTX
Member since 2006 • 1055 Posts

i love how lemmings bring up a last gen console to hide there own consoles faults, lowhellrazor06

i love how cows use their crystal balls to determine whats gunna happen in the future,
" just wait will motorstorm releases!"

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts

hey you know what?

I've had my PS2 for almost 7 years and it only froze ONCE beause the disk i bought used was scratched!

and guess what?! my xbox 360 gave me disk read on the first day of me playing it. after 4 months of me playing the thing like twice a week it died last night. no red lights... just freezes after being on for 2 minutes every time i turn it on.

Rev2221

Thats what happens when you put the disc in backwards ;)

Avatar image for Radeon_X1950XTX
Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Radeon_X1950XTX
Member since 2006 • 1055 Posts
Get a Warranty thats what I did for both my PS2 and, 360 :)KillaHalo2o9

yes, but not alot of people are like us, they are dumb
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
You didn't see cows trying to justify PS2 hardware issues based upon the Sega Saturn's hardware problems, did you?
Rev2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rev2221
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts
[QUOTE="Rev2221"]

hey you know what?

DoctorBunny

Thats what happens when you put the disc in backwards ;)

alright i can see why it gave me disc read on the first day... i had it standing up. i pissed and moaned and everyone and their mother told me to lay the sucker down... ok ok i can do that, no big deal. fine. it still froze and gave me disc reads after this, just not as freaquently. now it's totally dead and i gotta work on calling M$. 

ninjiijitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ninjiijitsu
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts
It's the lemmings fault for playing their 360 too long, if they were to play their 360 "1-3" hours a day, their wouldn't be any over-heating issues, 3 rings of death, or something worse.. My brother play his xbox 360 atleast 20-60 mins a day, and his xbox 360 works great, he didn't had any issues. he also had the xbox 360 since launch.
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
Yeah and MS's answer to the problem was an extended warrenty.......instead of fixing the problem.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Yeah. And you should put legobricks or something underneath it so it cools off as effectively as possible with air all around it. And a fan at the back, blowing away the hot air. The people who don't do this only have themselves to blame. 

...allowing it to overheat...get the **** outta here. It's called normal use. If it takes damage due to heat after it has been shut off, that is obviously a design flaw.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

It's the lemmings fault for playing their 360 too long, if they were to play their 360 "1-3" hours a day, their wouldn't be any over-heating issues, 3 rings of death, or something worse.. My brother play his xbox 360 atleast 20-60 mins a day, and his xbox 360 works great, he didn't had any issues. he also had the xbox 360 since launch.ninjiijitsu

It took 10 straight hours after having owned it for 6 years for my original Playstation's laser lens to blow..the 360 can't get off the hook like that. 

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
It's the lemmings fault for playing their 360 too long, if they were to play their 360 "1-3" hours a day, their wouldn't be any over-heating issues, 3 rings of death, or something worse.. My brother play his xbox 360 atleast 20-60 mins a day, and his xbox 360 works great, he didn't had any issues. he also had the xbox 360 since launch.ninjiijitsu
But a console should be designed to be played as long as teh player wants. Why dont you jsut drop a quarter in a Meter for it while you at it. Get 1 hour for every 50 cents. Thats some smart Business right there. :)
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

Danthegamingman

while I love my 360 and am on my 1st (it's a launch console), i definitely think the problems with the 360 are worse than they were for the ps2...further i think it is a definite possibility that a cla$$action (GS doesn't allow the word the other word because of some exploit) lawsuit will be in MS's future.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

And in case you didn't know, a class action lawsuit is being prepared regarding the 360's disc scratching. And also the EC thingie. So ha!

It's the lemmings fault for playing their 360 too long, if they were to play their 360 "1-3" hours a day, their wouldn't be any over-heating issues, 3 rings of death, or something worse.. My brother play his xbox 360 atleast 20-60 mins a day, and his xbox 360 works great, he didn't had any issues. he also had the xbox 360 since launch.ninjiijitsu

lol
Again.

"It breaks because people are using it, so it's the users fault."
What's wrong with you people? 

For the record, my first 360 started dying after 20 minutes or so of the Just Cause demo.

7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 7thSIN

It's the lemmings fault for playing their 360 too long, if they were to play their 360 "1-3" hours a day, their wouldn't be any over-heating issues, 3 rings of death, or something worse.. My brother play his xbox 360 atleast 20-60 mins a day, and his xbox 360 works great, he didn't had any issues. he also had the xbox 360 since launch.ninjiijitsu
Your Sig "Rest In Peace,Cho Seung-hui ; January 18, 1984 - April 16, 2007."

Just wondering, whats up with the mass murderer RIP sig.

abusedbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 abusedbunny
Member since 2007 • 1196 Posts
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"]

forget that Sony is the only console maker in history to settle a class action lawsuit because of hardware failures (PS2 optical drives) http://video-games.elliottback.com/2005/11/11/sony-settles-ps2-lawsuit/

Yellow_Rose

And don't forget

http://www.ps2settlement.com

ur sig is hilarious