Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Just watched it. Its a long video but very well said.

They are worse than bioware and bethesda today.

Cyberpunk being biggest joke of 2020.

To sum it up, theres more issues than bugs itself as every element of game is incomplete, also completely agree with main story mission where 80% of it are doing nothing just talk to that and being engage in braindance crap.

what do you think? lets discuss

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Who!? And why should I care what a random YouTuber says!?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

You watch that guy? He's like 99% Nintendo.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

No but He exposed the whole Cyberpunk/CDPR and sum up very nice.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

Maybe actually listen to what he says because hey may have a valid pont? But that's just me 🤷‍♂️

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I sure love it when thread creators tell me to watch a 46 minute long video without adding anything to the discussion whatsoever.

Piss off.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@ghosts4ever: would you please provide a quick summary of the video for those of us that don't like to watch talking heads on YouTube?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@mrbojangles25 said:

@ghosts4ever: would you please provide a quick summary of the video for those of us that don't like to watch talking heads on YouTube?

you can watch highlights of video but he talk about more than bugs. bugs are not only problem. AI is biggest problem. NPC routine CDPR lies about nowhear to be found.

also main story is 20% gameplay, 80% all do nothing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I am glad the internet is a thing. If we were in the 90's, who would be calling out all of their BS? Nobody but a very few obscure game reviewers barely anyone would ever hear off of, and guess how the next cdpr game would be? Exactly like this one, and possibly with even more lies. Now i am very curious what they'll be doing next, because bugs are not the only issue of the game, and if you want to have anyone remotely close to being hyped for the multiplayer portion of the game, they need to fix/rework everything, and that won't be done.

These kind of videos sure destroyed my excitement for the game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:

I am glad the internet is a thing. If we were in the 90's, who would be calling out all of their BS? Nobody but a very few obscure game reviewers barely anyone would ever hear off of, and guess how the next cdpr game would be? Exactly like this one, and possibly with even more lies. Now i am very curious what they'll be doing next, because bugs are not the only issue of the game, and if you want to have anyone remotely close to being hyped for the multiplayer portion of the game, they need to fix/rework everything, and that won't be done.

Yea, to be honest, this video is making me change my mind on ever playing this game lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Bugs are actually what they release game early in order to hide other badly design things so people can say "oh its just bugs, game is amazing". they did it on purpose.

thats how billion dollar corporation works and thats how corrupt mainstream media work too.

Billion dollar corporation pay to corrupt mainstream media, corrupt mainstream media praise thier bad products. masses that follow mainstream media believe them, thats how cycle works.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yea, to be honest, this video is making me change my mind on ever playing this game lol.

Same. Before seeing it, i told myself that the bugs are the issue, and bugs will be fixed, but they're only a small part of the problem. This is just sad. A few weeks back i was thinking this might be the best game of the generation. Damn.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@ghosts4ever: no. You need to provide some discussion content or a summary. This is a pretty low bar we have. Please add something

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

Oh, this is one of those confirmation bias videos.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hardwenzen
@Duckyindiana said:

I have never seen nor heard of him before, but if he is telling and showing you the cdpr lies, i don't see why would it matter if he is a rando or pewdiepie.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

you can watch highlights of video but he talk about more than bugs. bugs are not only problem. AI is biggest problem. NPC routine CDPR lies about nowhear to be found.

also main story is 20% gameplay, 80% all do nothing.

The bugs and AI are certainly issues.

Hopefully the bugs are removed in the 1.07 patch coming out soon'ish. I have no doubt that the developers are back from their post-release holidays and back at work.

We gave No Man's Sky a chance and they turned into one of the better games in the past few years, I am willing to give CDPR the chance to do the same.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I don't think this CDPR mess needs any more attention they messed it up massively and it will take a lot of free DLC to get any sort of redemption.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58944 Posts

Play real next-next gen.

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Play real next-next gen.

Loading Video...

Bethesda publish games always good. people hate them because its cool.

infact its bethesda who deliver best games of past gen ala Doom, Eternal, and Prey.

Cant wait for Deathloop.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

Does this mean, threads like these are now acceptable?😎

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xantufrog  Moderator

@ghosts4ever: welp. Guess there's nothing to discuss then

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

@xantufrog: Ghost and I (and few SW posters) had a little chit-chat in the lounge and if he wants to have this thread reopen, I told him to add something in the OP and to be honest, the vid really goes deep into what really went wrong with CP2077 and its not a bad vid despite its long. That said, he added more to the OP and I'll be reopening the thread.

Edit: Next time Ghost4ever, you better have a good written OP cause second chances are rare for you!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@davillain-: hey - I asked him to. He ignored me. No issue with the video itself - but dumping a 40 minute video with just a "see, CP SUX" doesn't add anything to the dozen threads we've already had on the topic.

He's welcome to put some thought into it and bring something new to the table. I tried to get him to do so already and he just ignored me

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I watched that video the other day it is really good but... I still enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 minus all the BS from CDPR. Totally forgot that you could wall run in this game from the old footage so much stuff never made it in the final game it's crazy. The good news is a couple of days ago CDPR on Twitter said free DLC is coming early this year.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

I have been saying that this whole time, yeah there's a lot more wrong than just glitches, the game is just incomplete in many aspects of its design.

Worse though are people out there defending how incomplete it is by defending the level of incompleteness like they were intentional design choices; effing tools.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:

I watched that video the other day it is really good but... I still enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 minus all the BS from CDPR. Totally forgot that you could wall run in this game from the old footage so much stuff never made it in the final game it's crazy. The good news is a couple of days ago CDPR on Twitter said free DLC is coming early this year.

Imagine If CP was not mainstream game my friend you say its too clunky (because it combat is clunky actually). also when you are not in Badly done combat/gameplay, game feel like a movie game as explain in video a telltale game.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

To add something constructive....

If you look at the evolution from TW1 to 3 it’s absolutely amazing. When you are on a run like that it’s human nature to just keep doubling the stakes until you bust. I think that’s what happened here. CDPR just wanted to make the most ambitious game ever, but instead they hit the wall. It happens...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Litchie said:

His channel comes off as mostly Nintendo because that's what got his channel popular. He, however, is a core gamer on all the platforms and he's even stated how we wants his channel to be more about general gaming and not just Nintendo.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44157 Posts

Saw this video in my subscriptions before but didn’t get around to watching it until now. Thought that it would just be the typical video on glitches and stuff that I’ve already seen numerous times before but it’s actually a damn good video on the problems with this game.

Anyway the problems with this game run absolutely deep. Also the lies that go on throughout the marketing towards this game’s release are some next level BS. While I get hyped for games I always keep in mind that marketing and such will fluff things up and I totally get and accept that but this was certainly too much.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever

@Archangel3371: Archangle criticizing a video game? Never thought i would see that day instead of "game looks great im excited for this".

2021 really bringing change.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Still having fun and enjoying the game regardless of its many flaws. Every game gets content that doesn't make it to its final release and CDPR said months ago that wall running was not going to be in the game. Nothing new.

This is just typical gamer idiocy where something is the best thing or the worst thing ever.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidGame_basic

@ghosts4ever said:

@Archangel3371: Archangle criticizing a video game? Never thought i would see that day instead of "game looks great im excited for this".

😄

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Still having fun and enjoying the game regardless of its many flaws. Every game gets content that doesn't make it to its final release and CDPR said months ago that wall running was not going to be in the game. Nothing new.

This is just typical gamer idiocy where something is the best thing or the worst thing ever.

Is it typical gamer idiocy though? The game seems to have major problems. I originally thought it was just bugs, but there seems to be major design flaws. As much as RDR 2 is standard Rockstar fair, it gets the whole living world thing right. This game seems to have fallen short on that by a lot. Just my observations.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

I watch it, but to be honest, I really forgot about the wall-running from the previous development but I had no idea it was removed! Kinda funny since the game Ghostrunner has it and that's a Cyberpunk genre game but done better lol, but you'll get my point.

Nevertheless, I'm still having fun with CP2077 despite CDPR missteps and BS, the game on PC is as good as it can get.

@warmblur said:

Well I hope you can still climb walls with the mantis blades since I haven't gotten that far into the game nor have I acquired the blades just yet.

@ghosts4ever said:

Then you obviously don't know Archangel13371 as you claimed cause he'll criticized a game that goes bad. And this is one of them.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

i returned my copy after a few days of playing first on the ps4 (unplayable) then the pro (barely). it's impossible not to sound hyperbolic when describing it, there was just so much wrong with it.

i assumed development started in 2012 but when you hear it actually only started in 2016 and they had an initial jan 2020 launch date, it's easy to see why it turned out the way it did, particularly relative to rockstar taking 8 years to make rdr2 with decades of open world experience at their disposal. it's hard not to feel sorry for the development team

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44157 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: Oh trust me, I totally understand the sentiment of some gamers treating games as either the best thing ever or absolute trash. However this is a very well done video pointing out the problems with this game. It’s clear that this game was rushed and probably handled very poorly by management. I do feel bad for the actual devs though as I do think that they are fairly well talented and that over time they could very well turn this into a top quality game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Geez people and their need to get validation off something they love/hate from fucking Youtubers, they dump that shit here and expect people to watch a video (in this case 46min long) from a nobody.

Let's not discuss.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Seems like a game where scope/feature creep, combined with deadline pressure gave us this end result. Add in a management team that obviously didn't think standing up to investors to ensure the game was good enough was a worthy hill to die on.

Hopefully they learn from this in the future.

However, I vehemently disagree with those who are now using the launch state of cyberpunk to get on their soapbox and retroactively shit on Witcher 3. Sorry, take your mental gymnastics elsewhere.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By appariti0n

@ghosts4ever:

Also, now suddenly Bethesda "always publish games good?"

ROFLMAO.

Except the ones they develop in house i guess?

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Going from best thing ever to worst ever? Absolutely the typical idiocy.

I have more than 80h of gameplay, and still going. The game should absolutely not be out. This I agree. Said it myself here on day one. There's a ton of bad code here.

But on a fundamental level I'll say, shooting is way better than Deus Ex or Fallout. Level design of side content puts to shame Deus Ex main content too, really impressive quality and quantity wise. Also super adaptable to play styles, and unless you absolutely don't want to have fun with this game there's plenty of ways to have fun with its situational puzzles.

The city in it self is an achievement. Enjoyable to explore and impressive artistically.

Great characters and great story moments (compromised by glitches and bugs) but no doubt it gets really good frequently. Not to mention that secondary missions occasionally are incredibly good.

I could go on. But all this to say that, although it shouldn't be out, it's absolutely not the worst thing ever. The game has 79% on Steam. A clear sign that regardless of all the drama by YouTube drama queens and TC the game has its merits. Even in the poor state it released.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 appariti0n

@ghost_of_phobos: Amen. I swear, if someone came along who was a bit worse than Stalin, suddenly Stalin would be a Saint in TC's eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

His videos are for chics.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Duckyindiana said:

Maybe actually listen to what he says because hey may have a valid pont? But that's just me 🤷‍♂️

People would rather just latch on to a person they like and go with everything they say instead of thinking for themselves. Being a "random Youtuber" doesn't exclude you from being able to give valid criticism on a video game. Fact is Cyberpunk 2077 is a trash game with only a few redeeming qualities. It might not be such a big deal if it wasn't hyped as the second coming of Christ to save gaming and show everyone else how it's done, but it still would've made headlines for its glitches, non existent AI, among other things.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

TC probably tried to run the game on a potato rig and had it blow up. Cyberpunk is a masterpiece.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Imagine If CP was not mainstream game my friend you say its too clunky (because it combat is clunky actually). also when you are not in Badly done combat/gameplay, game feel like a movie game as explain in video a telltale game.

Combat may be rough but at least it's not as casual as Doom Eternal.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@warmblur: Eternal combat takes strategy and skills. Plua its shooting is best ever been.

Cyberpunk shooting takes from borderlands/destiny.

Also sleeping dogs combat is one button copy from batman. Gta5 combat is casual cover based combat

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@ghost_of_phobos: I 100% agree with everything you just posted. Close to 70h on now myself

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#48 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

TC probably tried to run the game on a potato rig and had it blow up. Cyberpunk is a masterpiece.

Lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

I too dislike fun games with a crap ton of good content to play through.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@SolidGame_basic: Going from best thing ever to worst ever? Absolutely the typical idiocy.

I have more than 80h of gameplay, and still going. The game should absolutely not be out. This I agree. Said it myself here on day one. There's a ton of bad code here.

But on a fundamental level I'll say, shooting is way better than Deus Ex or Fallout. Level design of side content puts to shame Deus Ex main content too, really impressive quality and quantity wise. Also super adaptable to play styles, and unless you absolutely don't want to have fun with this game there's plenty of ways to have fun with its situational puzzles.

The city in it self is an achievement. Enjoyable to explore and impressive artistically.

Great characters and great story moments (compromised by glitches and bugs) but no doubt it gets really good frequently. Not to mention that secondary missions occasionally are incredibly good.

I could go on. But all this to say that, although it shouldn't be out, it's absolutely not the worst thing ever. The game has 79% on Steam. A clear sign that regardless of all the drama by YouTube drama queens and TC the game has its merits. Even in the poor state it released.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to tell anyone what they should think about a game. But the video isn't really dramatic at all. It's a well documented video showcasing a lot of the issues with the game. It goes into detail, which I think was very helpful.